1

A Piece of Cake

Hyosang wracked his brain thinking of the perfect gift to get you, for your birthday. He thought about jewelry, but he could get that for you at any time. He wanted to get you something special, something he's never gotten for you before.

He tried to think of other options besides material things for you. He'd known you long enough to know what you liked and what you don't like. Then it hit him, why not make you a cake for your birthday?

One problem: he's never made a cake before. He really wants to do this for you, but he doesn't want to mess it up. He thought about the different types of cakes to make, and even looked up recipes on his phone. After searching for a while, he finally found one he thinks you'd like. And that seemed easy to make.

After getting himself dressed, he walked out in to the harsh winter, and went to the closest grocery store. He searched around the store for all the ingredients, paid for them, and left quickly.

He got back to the dorm and headed straight to the kitchen. Since he was going to see you later that night, he had to make the cake as soon as possible. He searched around the kitchen for the biggest bowl he could find. Once he found it, he checked the recipe to see which ingredient had to be added first. He followed all the steps and double checked everything. He wanted it to be at least a little decent for you.

"Hyung, what are you doing?" Hyosang heard from behind him. He turned around to see Byungjoo looking at him with curious eyes.

"Oh, I'm making a cake for [Y/N] 'cuz it's her birthday today. It has to be done really soon." He answered.

"Really? Can I help? I've made cakes before, and they've come out pretty good. Also, you look like you don't know what you're doing." He chuckled, ruffling his white/purple hair.

"Yeah, I don't have a clue; it would be great if you could help, actually. I'm trying to make a vanilla cake. Have you made one of these before?"

Byungjoo nodded quickly, and smiled. "More than once! I can make those really well; they always come out delicious."

Relief washed over Hyosang when those words came out of Byungjoo's mouth. With his help, Hyosang defintely wasn't going to mess this up. "That's great. Thank you so much, Byungjoo."

"No problem, hyung." He smiled at him again, then started to help him prepare the cake. "Oh, may I see the recipe, please? I wanna make sure I'm doing it right since it's for [Y/N]. " Hyosang nodded, then handed him his phone. Byungjoo looked over it once then he returned the phone to Hyosang. "Thanks, it's just as I thought. This will be easy." Without saying anything else, he started working on the cake.

Hyosang watched as Byungjoo took over making the cake. He wanted to help, but he knew that he might mess it up. He wanted it to be perfect for you, so he let Byungjoo take over. Maybe he should ask if he can help, or not.

He thought about it for a little bit, then he decided he was going to. "Um, is there anything I can do to help?"

Byungjoo turned to him and blinked. "I'm finished, but you can put the cake in the oven and decorate it when it's done." He chuckled before leaving the kitchen. "Take it out in ten minutes and let it cool down before decorating it. You got icing, right?"

"Yeah, to put on the outside of the cake." He answered simply.

"And?"

"What did I forget?" His eyes widened, worried he forgot something very important.

"Did you get any kind of icing to write her name, or happy birthday on it?" Byungjoo went back into the kitchen to see if he did or not. He scanned the kitchen and found regular icing, but not the right kind. "Okay, put the cake in the oven, and I'll go get the icing. I'll be back soon." Hyosang nodded, then Byungjoo left.

"Okay, hurry up!" He said to him as he walked out the door. He stood in the kitchen, slightly over thinking this entire situation. What if Byungjoo didn't get back in time? What if the cake exploded in the oven? Then he remembered, he had to put the cake in the oven.

He quickly put it in the oven, and checked the time. It was getting closer to when he was going to see you, so he left to go get changed. He couldn't go see you in the clothes he was wearing now, he had to look nice for you.

He heard his phone ring, and he smiled when he saw that it was you calling him. "Hey, [Y/N]. How's my birthday girl, doing?"

You giggled and he felt his heart swell. The sound of your voice always made him feel happy. "I'm good. I can't wait to see you later."

"I can't either. I have a surprise for you; I hope you like it." He really did want you to like it. He's never done anything like this for anyone before, so he wanted to make sure you loved it. He really hoped Byungjoo made it taste good. He thought he would since Byungjoo had cooked for everyone before and it came out really well.

You laughed. "I'm sure I will if it's from you, Hyosang. So, are we meeting at the restaurant, or at your dorm?"

"I'll pick you up at your place. I want you to give you your gift when I see you."

"Okay. I'm excited for it. I'm gonna go get ready now, I'll see you when you get here. Bye, Hyosang."

"Bye, Jagiya." As much as he didn't want to end the call, he did.

He thought about what it would be like seeing you again, and he couldn't help but smile to himself. Since he'd been so busy lately, he hadn't seen you in over a month. Even though a month wasn't very long, he still missed you like crazy. He knew you missed him too from all the texts and phone calls you shared.

His thoughts were cut short when he started smelling the cake. He rushed over the oven, hoping he didn't burn the cake and took it out slowly. He was relived to see that it looked normal. He would've been crushed if it was burned.

He set it down on the counter, and after a few minutes, Byungjoo came back with the icing. "Here you go, hyung! If you need anything, just let me know. I hope she likes it." Byungjoo said smiling before he left Hyosang alone with the cake once again.

He looked at it for a couple of seconds before he began to decorate it. He wanted it to look nice, so he did it slowly. Once he was done, he wrote, 'Happy birthday, [Y/N]! I love you.' on the top of the cake. He was satisfied with himself, he knew you were going to love it.

****

It was a quarter to 7:00 and Hyosang was on his way to get you for your date. He was so excited to see you again. He knew that the moment he saw you, he would fall for you even more than he already did.

You and him had been together for a few months now, but you had been friends for three years. The day he confessed to you was one of the happiest days of his life. (Besides his group having their official debut.)

He found himself outside your apartment building, and took in a deep breath before he went inside. He found your door, and his heart began to beat quickly. He was just as nervous as he was excited to see you.

He stood in front of the door and sighed before he knocked on the door. He held the cake in one hand and a little box in the other. The door swung open, and his breathing hitched as he saw you. You were the most beautiful woman to him; he'd never seen anyone prettier than you.

"Wow, you look breath taking, [Y/N]." He told you with a smile on his face. You truly did to him. Your hair was curled, you were wearing a cute baby doll dress, a silver bracelet on your right wrist and black flats to complete the look.

You looked down so that he wouldn't see you blushing. "Thank you, Hyosang." You said before you looked up and saw the cake in his hands. "Is that for me?" She asked, pointing to it.

He grinned and lifted the cake, careful not to make the little box on top fall over. "Yes. Open the small one first." He told you. You nodded and grabbed the tiny box in front of you. Inside the box was a necklace with a key attached to it. You looked at your new necklace and smiled. "Do you like it? It's the key to my heart." He said sweetly.

"Hyosang, I love it!" You were about to hug him, but then you remembered about the other box he was holding, so you kissed his cheek. He began to blush when he felt your lips touch his skin. "Oh, do you want to come inside? The box looks like something big." You giggled.

"Yeah, that sounds good." He said before you stepped aside and let him in your apartment. He went to your kitchen and placed the cake on the counter.

"Why did you put it in the kitchen?" You asked him.

"You'll see. Open it, baby." He gestured to it with his hands and gave you a little smile.

You walked towards it slowly opening the box it was in. You were pleasently surprised to get the sweet scent of a cake. Confused, you opened it more to see that it, in fact, was a cake. "Did you make this?" You asked in disbelief. Did your boyfriend, Jin Hyosang, make you a cake for her birthday? It seems like he did.

He nodded and scratched the back of his head. "Well, I started it, and then Byungjoo finished it since he noticed I didn't know what I was doing. I put the icing on it though. Do you want to try it? It's vanilla." He told you.

You nodded at him and grabbed a plate and knife. You cut herself a slice and tried it. The cake was perfect; it was weet, but not too sweet. You loved it. Hyosang watched you curiously as you took small bites. You looked at him, eyes beaming as you said, "It's delicious!"

He smiled widely. "Really? I haven't tried it yet." He admitted. He wasn't going to give you a cake that had a slice already cut out. That would've been weird.

"Oh, here!" You said as you handed him your fork. He took a bite and enjoyed the flavor of the cake. He's going to have to thank Byungjoo for this later.

"You're right, it's great. I'm really glad you liked it though. I did the best I could, with the little I did." He chuckled.

You smiled before you took him in your embrace. You held him close to you as you said, "Thank you, Hyosang. I love your gifts."

He hugged you back, and kissed your cheek. "You're welcome, [Y/N]. It's all because I love you."

You moved to face him, before you gently kissed his lips. "I love you too, Hyosang." Your lips attached again, and Hyosang smiled into your kiss. He loved being with you and holding you close like this. Having you as his girlfriend was the greatest thing to him. He could never tell you just how much he loved you because he could almost never find the right words.

He pulled away from your kiss and looked into you beautiful eyes. "[Y/N], I can't tell you I love you enough, can I? You're the most amazing thing that's happened to me, and I have no idea why it took me so long to tell you how I really felt about you. I've been in love with you since I first met you, and I'm so glad you're finally mine."

Tears formed in your eyes as you looked at him. He wiped away your tears, and gave you another kiss. "I love you, I really do. I mean, you made me a cake." You giggled. "You're amazing, Hyosang. I don't want anyone else but you." His heart probably grew three times its size at your words.

He pulled you closer to him before he said, "Happy birthday, sweetie. I love you so much."

-----

I hope everyone likes this! 
-Madiggen<3