Prologue

Bloom

Kyungsoo's dreams are the feel of freshly cut grass between his toes and the sun beating in his back like a cheerful reminder of spring.

He's three years old, naive and curious, and his whole world only consists of his mom's adoring smile and his dad's warm eyes. He lives those days with only sensations: how mom's lemonade tasted like, how it felt when he scrapped his knee while chasing a ladybug around the garden, how his dad carried him to his bed when he fell asleep in the car on the way back from the park.

It ends in always the same way; Kyungsoo's is sitting on his mother's lap, and they're in his room while his mom's spins a bedtime story from thin air. Kyungsoo is enthralled, and only notices that something is wrong when his mom stops talking and stays very still. Kyungsoo whines and tries to get her to continue on with her story, but she frantically covers his mouth and eyes with her hands, which in turn makes Kyungsoo scared so he breaks out in loud tears and tries to push his mom away. He dazedly hears her whisper to him to be quiet but then Kyungsoo is pulled harshly from his mother's lap and thrown to a corner in the room. Kyungsoo cries out and turns around to ask why his mom did that and finds her crying and backing away from a masked man in dark clothing, her feet getting tangled in the elaborate hanbok that the Do clan's First Lady is always required to wear. She ends up sobbing in front of the masked man and begging for her life.

She then sees Kyungsoo, mouths run to him, and is seized by the man by her long black hair and stabbed in the chest, but not before Kyungsoo hears the man's whisper of Yu Haejin sends his regards.

Kyungsoo opened the rear door leading to the family's garden, and runs.


a/n:

hello. 

this is so very short, and i apologize for that :-( i have planned out the first few chapters, and i am very excited to share them with you all.

also hello nice too meet you all omg ;;;; i cannot believe i have 10 subs and an upvote already!!! this makes me very happy :-) you can all call me sol c:

next chapter will be longer, but i don't know by how much. i hope this is a good start tho!! :-)