Four

The Best Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER FOUR

 

 

Just after two minutes I closed the front door, the bell chimes. Okay, I can handle this. I’m a big girl now. I won’t freak out. I’m doing just fine until now. I got new dress, new shoes, and I even have through an hour of hell to get a make-over, so there’s now way in hell I will back out. This is just dinner with friend. He is a friend, if it’s not mine, it’s my brother’s. And I will respect whoever he is that friend of my brother. That’s all.

 

My hands shake badly as they close around the door knob. Damn, Micky was right. Is he an oracle or something?

 

“Yuri?”

 

My hearts start beating fast. Damn the man. How could he always have this effect on me? Just by hearing my name from his lips, it’s enough to make me weep in joy.

 

“I’m coming.”

 

I wait for a sec before open the door slowly, trying to appear nonchalant. I don’t want Yunho to get the impression that I’m eager for this. I feel the air has been robbed out of my lungs as my eyes land on him. I’m pretty sure that my mouth hanging open right now. How can I ever get rid of him from my mind if he always looks this good?

 

“Hey Sweetpea,” His voice is a bit husky. Or is it only my imagination?

 

His eyes rake up and down my body, causing flutter in my stomach. I grip the door knob tighter, afraid that my knees would buckle.

 

“You look gorgeous.” He pries my hand gently before kissing my knuckles.

 

I feel like being splashed by a bucket of cold water. I don’t like the way he flirts with me. It makes me feel ordinary, because this is the way he would treat any other girls. “So are you.” I force a smile on my sudden stiff lips. “Wait a sec. I just need to take my coat and we’re ready to go.”

 

I snatch my hand back from his grip and the sudden frown in his face makes me a bit guilty. But I ignore the feeling as I turn my back on him. He deserves that. And it’s another way to remind me again that it means nothing. We’re just friends. That’s all what it will be. I swallow back the angry tears that choke my throat. Stupid girl.

 

By the time I come back to him, his frown has replaced by a friendly smile.

 

“Ready?”

 

I slip on my coat while I nod. His car has waiting for us in the curb. Holy ! Is he really going to take with his brand-new Audi? I gape at him. “I thought this isn’t a date.”

 

The possibility of being seen by people causes me to panic. People will make assumption and I’m pretty sure I’m not going to like the assumption. When I glance at him, he just shrugs. Mr. Show-off! He doesn’t even say anything as he opens the door for me. Why does he have to make it difficult for me?

 

I glare at him. “Forget about this. I’m not going to ride this with you.”

 

I just stare at him as he rubs his face tiredly. “Seriousl Yuri. I don’t have a time for this. Why can’t you just be grateful?”

 

My temper flares. “Be grateful?! And then what? make fool of my self?! Don’t you dare to tell me what to do!”

 

“Calm down.” He closes the door and walks toward me with angry strides. “Jesus! Why did I think this would be easy? I just wanted the best of all for you.”

 

I stand on my ground. I won’t let him intimidate me. “You said this wouldn’t be a date. You lied to me and you know what? I hate a liar. Let’s just forget about this.”

 

Before I can turn around, he grabs my arm and holds me firmly. The muscle in his jaw twitches and I swallow down my fear. I know that Yunho isn’t the kind of man who likes to hurt woman. But I know that this time I’ve pushed his angry button too far.

 

“You’re not going anywhere sweetpea. You’re going to sit with me in that fancy restaurant I’ve booked for us and you’re going to talk to me all night.” His thumb circle over the material of my coat.

 

“I’m not going to leave with you riding this fancy car to the fancy restaurant you’ve booked tonight just because you want me to talk to you. We can talk here.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter