Chapter 2

Friendship or Love?

Yifan walked into class with Luhan, followed by Joon Myeon and Zitao. “You two better have all those earrings taken out tomorrow, otherwise detention for the whole month.” Joon Myeon said to Yifan and Zitao. “Okay, okay” Zitao sighed. “Oh, and Yixing…. Please tell the teacher I will be late for my first class.” Joon Myeon said. “Sure, I will” Yixing smiled. Luhan and Yixing burst out laughing as soon as Joon Myeon walked out of the class. “Detention for the whole month? Damn…” Yixing laughed. “It’s like 6th time he has screamed at us” Zitao said and sat down next to Luhan. “All he does is scream at us…. This morning he looked like he was going to rip out our earrings.” Yifan laughed and sat down next to Kyungsoo. “Where’s Kyungsoo’s homework?” Yifan asked. “Here!” Yixing threw the book to Yifan. “Thanks!” Yifan smiled. There was a loud cheer coming from the other class room, “why are they cheering? Is it someone’s birthday?” Chanyeol asked curiously. “I don't know, maybe?” Yixing said looking confused. “Kyungsoo, did you do the last question?” Baekhyun asked. “The answer for that question is…..” Kyungsoo said while flipping through his history book on Yifan’s desk “The answer is false, they have not yet discovered anything yet.” Kyungsoo smiled.

 Kyung Soo's smile.

“Thank you.”Baekhyun said. Yixing realized that today will be the first day which girls are allowed to study at their school. No wonder Joon Myeon was strict on everyone’s uniform and appearance. “Yifan, come here!” Yixing called out. “Wait, I’m doing my homework!” Yifan replied back. “Just come here quickly, it won’t kill you.” Yixing said impatiently. Yifan stood up and walk towards Yixing, “What do you want? I still have 5 questions to answer.” Yifan asked. “You just copying answers, how long will that take?” Yixing replied sounding annoyed. “Look over there!” Yixing pointed at the window. “There are girls coming into our school today.” Chanyeol gasped “I’ve forgotten everything about it, I thought it was a joke.” Kyungsoo said while looking outside the window and fixing his tie. We could hear the whole school screaming and cheering like they’ve never seen girls before. “I’m really surprised that parents will actually want to send their daughters to this school.” Chanyeol said honestly. “ I agree, who would want to send their daughters to an all boy school…?” Kyungsoo asked confusingly. Mr. Wart walked in and Yifan ran back to his seat. “ Wu Yifan, what were you doing?” Mr. Wart asked. “Um…Sir, I was just helping Chanyeol with his History homework.” Yifan said, Yixing was proud of Yifan beating his record of making up a lie that sounds decent. “That better be true, Yixing, Kyungsoo and Yifan please see me outside the classroom.” Mr. Wart instructed. Yixing nudged Yifan on the way walking out of the classroom “Well done, you beat your record.” Yixing whispered quietly. “Poor Chanyeol.” Yifan smirked. All 3 of them walked outside the classroom wondering what they have done wrong. “As you all know, girls will be able to study in our school starting from today… and I would like all 3 of you to stand outside the hall welcoming them.” Mr. Swart said sounding serious. “Sir, why the 3 of us?” Yixing asked curiously. “Well, if the whole school was allowed in there. Do you really think the parents will want to send their daughters to this school anymore.” Mr. Swart said sarcastically. “How many girls are coming to our school today?” Yifan asked. “About 20-25, there will be more as soon as more people find out about our school is no longer an all boy school, but most parents are not very positive about sending their daughters to an all boy school.” Mr. Wart sighed.

“Oh…and how many girls are there going to be in our grade?” Kyungsoo asked excitedly. “Um… just 3 I think.” Mr. Wart said while checking the clipboard on his hand with Yixing peaking at the piece of paper secretly. “Is there anything that we need to know or do when welcoming them into the assembly?” Yifan asked smartly. “Just behave yourselves, no flirting! And! Help them if they have any queries.” Mr. Wart warned us and looked at his watch. “ I need to go, your first lesson will be starting soon. Oh, and the assembly will be in the 5th lesson. I have excused all 3 of you from your lesson, please don't be late.” Mr. Wart said and walked into the next class. “What is our first lesson?” Yixing asked and walked into class. “It’s maths.” Kyungsoo replied. Joon Myeon walked towards Yixing “You don't have to excuse me anymore, it didn't take as long as I thought I was going to take. What was Mr. Wart talking to you guys about?” Joon Myeon asked suspiciously. “We are welcoming the girls outside the hall.” Yixing replied quickly. “Oh, and he chose you 3 to do it?” Joon Myeon asked jealously.

Joon Myeon looking heart broken.

“Yeah.” Yixing replied sounding annoyed. “Are you sure he never asked you to pass on a message to me or something?” Joon Myeon asked. “Do you have any other questions?” Yixing looked up. “Nope, that was my last question.” Joon Myeon smiled fakely. “Mr. Wart did not ask us to pass on any message, I need to finish my English essay.” Yixing said impatiently. “Thanks.” Joon Myeon said and walked back to his desk. “Why are you and Yifan always mean to him?” Chanyeol asked curiously.

 Chanyeol's curious face.

“He’s easy to tease, and he never gets angry.” Yixing laughed.

*First lesson bell rings*