Giving in

Falling up

 

 

 

 

Kisop 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dongho yawned and jumped out of his bed and did his usual morning routine take a shower/brush his teeth/do his hair/eat breakfast except this morning he couldn’t eat because there was no breakfast and what kevin offered him yesterday was an apple. alexander came down the stairs with the phone to his ear and dongho could hear his mother yelling at the other end. “I said I was sorry o.k. here dongho” donghotook the phone out of his brother’s hands. “Hi mom how are you doing?” his mother thought it was a good idea to chew him out too then after a hour of chewing and people waking up she finally decided to ask “how was it in china? /Did get to go anywhere? / Did you get to meet alexander’s brothers? /are you having fun?” she also wanted to talk to alexander’s brothers but not on the phone but in person and then finally his father took her off the phone.

 

 

dongho gave a long sigh “sorry about that that was my mom we didn’t answer the phone last night so she was worried “he gave everyone a big smile.

"And by the way kevin you have no food in you'r refridgrator and I'm really hungry" alexanderwhined,kevin simply shrugged and offered him an apple

“that’s not breakfast! You’re trying to starve us, and trying to make us as skinny as you are.” dongho said rolling his eyes. Kevin looked like that hurt his feelings, suddenly donho felt guilty but instead of apologizing he turned around, kevin stood up and threw his apple at dongho’s head  “ouch!”        

Dongho shouted rubbing the back of his head”you brat” he said jumping on Kevin’s fragile body,Kevin’sbody slammed on the floor and blood started to drip down Kevin’s forehead, suddenly kiseop ran down the stairs and pushed dongho off of him “kevin wake up, come on!” “Call an ambulance now!” he shouted to Alexander who was standing there with a surprised look. “WHAT DID YOU DO?!” Kiseop shouted while putting a pillow off the couch under kevin’s head “I just…… I didn’t mean to I” Alexander ran back in the room to help “They said they would be here soon & to keep pressure on his head.” kiseop glared atdongho “get me more pillows!” dongho ran and stuffed more pillows under his head, the ambulance sirens sounds came outside of their house. Alexander let them in and in a minute kevin and his brothers were in the truck and they rushed to the hospital!


The women came from the emergency room” He will be o.k., we will bring him out of this room in a couple of minutes, just go down the hall and they will tell you what room to go to o.k.?” 
Kiseop bumped dongho’s shoulder purposely to let him know that he was going to get it when they go home. dongho stared at his bloody clothes and hands; it was only his third day in china and withAlexander’s brothers and he was already has causing trouble. He stared at Alexander who kept his head down and walked away and dongho walked behind him slowly. “Room 305” the nurse said smiling atKiseop who didn’t smile back.

Kevin!” kiseop said walking in the room “the doctor will be in shortly” the nurse said “how do you feel?”kiseop asked touching kevin’s forehead “I feel fine” kevin said weakly. The doctor came in the room, she smiled at kevin then she looked at the rest of the boys who followed her out of the room. 
“O.k. cans one of you guys tell me what happened?” she asked “I jumped on him because he threw an apple at my head, but I didn’t know that he was going to get hurt though.” Dongho claimed. The doctor nobbed “O.k. but you should be very careful because of his heart condition, it makes the rest of his body very weak O.K.” She said. Kiseop was confused so was Alexander “what heart condition?” Kiseop asked. The doctor looked at the boys with a surprised face “you guys didn’t know?” she covered !!!,Dongho felt guilty “I …..I knew” Dongho whispered! Alexander looked at Dongho “You…You knew? HOW COULD YOU!” he said pushing Dongho on the ground.
 

Kevin jumped out of his bed and took all of the sticky things that they put on his body as soon as he heard the doctor mention his heart condition! He slammed his room door open, “Kiseop!”  He said catching his breath.

The doctor was astonished that Kevin managed to get out of the bed with his weak body ,Kiseop,Alexander and Dongho turned around and saw Kevin.
Kevin was breathing hard and his skin was pale and he was sweating! “Do-……Don’t yell at Dongho I told him not to tell.” Kiseop was worried “Kevin go lay back down!” he said to his younger brother! The doctor and some nurses came running over with a sedative, “DON’T GIVE THAT TO HIM!!!” Alexander yelled at them. Kiseop hugged his younger brother’s small body; Kevin fainted in his brother’s arms and could hear his brother’s muffled voice calling him.

 

“You’re brother Kevin has rare heart decease, that only three people before him had it, all of them died but we still could not find a cure for it yet, but we are still searching for it. For now we just want you guys to be with him and gentle till the end, I know he will be in lots of pain and yes he will be screaming out of pain, It will be very hard but, he always has to take his medicine everyday O.k. he should be awake by now, but that’s all take care.”  She said standing up. Kiseop felt guilty for not noticing it the first time. Alexanderlooked at his older brother with worry, “I’m sorry for not telling you guys.” Dongho said scratching his left arm and staring at the white tiled hospital floor. “How long have you known?”  Kiseop Asked. 
Dongho looked Kiseop “Since yesterday” he responded.                                                                          Kevin opened his eyes and tilted his head to see Kiseop sitting in the chair next to him and there were no other people in the room. Dongho and Alexander weren’t their either, Kevin turned back to his older brother Kiseop’s eyes were filled with tears and that’s when Kevin knew that his older brother found out. “Why didn’t you tell me?” his voice was shaky, Kevin looked up and then back at his brother. “Because I  ….It was our first time in 12 years we get to meet each other, and I didn’t want to tell you all about my problems and I knew you would worry about me” Kevin also started to cry he covered his eyes so Kiseopwouldn’t have to see him crying, Kevin knew he was weak and couldn’t help always being sick, but he managed all these years by himself. 
Kiseop stared at Kevin with red eyes, when Kevin started and covering his eyes, Kiseop reached to hug his little brother and uncovered his face “Sorry Kevin, its O.k. I just don’t know what I would do without you. What did you want me to think when you suddenly died?” he said smiling at Kevin to show him that he wasn’t mad at him. Kevin sniffled and stared at his older brother then looked back down and shrugged. The door opened and Alexander and Dongho came in the room “Hey” Alexander said then started to glare at kevinAlexander stomped towards Kevin and punched him the head but he was careful not to hurt him “Stupid boy causing me to worry about you” Alexander said before turning around and covering his face “Are you crying?” Dongho asked Alexander, who shook his head no, but everyone could tell that Alexanderwas crying, Kiseop turned his brother around Alexander was covering his eyes with his arm tears fell down his cheek and he was sniffling and crying, Kevin watched Alexander’s shoulders go up and down like a child wanting candy “Why do you have to be sick?” Alexander said trying not to cry any further

“I can’t help it.” Kevin giggled, “Sorry I lied to you guys.” Dongho said and to his surprise Kiseop smiled at him.
“I’m sorry but visiting hours are over, you guys have to go now.” A nurse said with a polite smile. “O.K.Kevin see you tomorrow, love you.” Kiseop said before kissing Kevin on the forehead. Kevin smiled weakly and waved goodbye. He could see the whole city and its lights, cars swooshing by, it looked like lights going by. All the building’s lights shined. Kevin smiled and closed his eyes.
“Can I talk to you?” Kiseop asked Dongho while leaning on the door.Dongho bit his lip and then nobbed.Kiseop sat down on the brown wooden backyard bench. He handed Dongho a soda, “Isn’t it beautiful out here and all the stars?” Dongho nobbed he was so nervous. “I’m sorry for being angry with you earlier.”Kiseop said still looking up. “Honestly if I had known, I wouldn’t have told either, you were very brave for doing that for Kevin. I like you kid you are very bold…………in a good way.” He said ruffling Dongho’s hair and smiling. “That’s all come inside soon O.K.?” Kiseop said getting up and walking back inside.

 

“Good morning Kevin!”  Alexander said with a huge smile. Kevin smiled back weakly. “Have you eaten breakfast yet?” Kiseop said ruffling Kevin’s and sitting down on the chair next to the bed, Kevin nobbed.

 

It has beeen a week since the accident, and today kevin was going to come home.

"Welcome home!" Dongho shouted hugging kevin tightly. Kevin lightly pushed him off. "Yeah, thanks."

Kiseop motioned for all three of the boys to sit down, "Tomorrow I have to go back to america, because of work." Everyone sighed and grumbled,"But...... if you guys don't have anything to do, you guys could come with me." Kiseop bit his lip and watched everyone's reaction, they all seemed pleased.