Key

Key

Crying… again? Why are you crying again in your room? I can’t stand seeing you cry…

Again, I went to your room… You’re crying on the floor, leaning to the cold wall, with those red eyes that I didn’t want to see. You’ve been always crying since a week ago. Why can’t you stop? I’m upset when I see your tears falls from your beautiful eyes. I gathered my courage and walked into him.

 

 

I went down, sitting next to him… but he didn’t even respond, maybe he didn’t even realize that I was here. I started to rub his back gently, and he looked up. He really looked bad, why did he cry?

“Mir-ya…” I called him softly. But he didn’t answer…

“Mir-ya… it’s hyung who is talking…” I said softly and he finally wiped his tears by his own hand.

“Why? Why are you crying?” I asked.

“Nothing…” he said, still crying.

“I don’t believe you… it wasn’t because of nothing, right?” I asked.

“I’m okay, hyung…” he said, wiping his uncontrollable tears.

“You’re not okay… Crying Mir isn’t okay…” I said.

“Hyung…” he only could say that.

“I don’t like to see you’re crying… smile, okay?” I patted his head and fixed his hair.

He tried to smile, but he couldn’t… instead smiling, he hugged me tightly. I felt really good, he hugged me…

“Mir… tell me why you’re crying…” I gently patted his back.

“Hyung…” he couldn’t say anything but ‘hyung’.

“Mir… you have to tell me now because you’ve been crying for many days!!!” I was angry, not because I hated him, but because he didn’t want to open to me. Why was it too hard to tell me?

 

 

I got an idea, did he cry again because of ‘that’? He’s still thinking about it? My mind searched many possible answers for the reason he’s crying…

“Is it because of Joonyoung?” I asked carefully, waiting for the answer. But he didn’t answer, he only cried harder.

“It must be because of him, right?” I knew it was about Joonyoung, why the hell is Mir still thinking about him? They broke up a week ago and Mir couldn’t stop crying because of it.

“Hyung… he… left… me… I… can’t…” he tried to speak eventhough he’s crying.

“Don’t cry when you speak… stop crying and talk slowly…” I wiped his tears away.

“I’m still… thinking about our break up, hyung… I was really hurt and I wanted to scream. Until now, I’m still thinking about him. I can’t just erase him from my life…” he said and I looked down. Mir… still loves him. He still loves his ex. All my hopes were shattered away, my heart was broken… It’s only one-sided love until the end.

“Mir… forget about it, okay?” I said.

“I can’t do that easily, hyung… you know how much he meant to me…” he said and it broke my heart even more.

Can he just forget about him? Joonyoung won’t come back to him… and someone loves him, it’s me. I love him, I love Mir… he’s the most precious person in my life. We’ve been best friends for a really long time… and in the end… just best friends… nothing special. Keeping one-sided love to myself is really painful.

Sometimes, I got angry at myself… why am I so lacking in Mir’s eyes. Why I can’t be the one who is in his mind? Why it has to be Joonyoung? The person he met for only 3 months and they dated that easily. And me… who has been waiting for 5 years, got nothing in the end.

 

 

Mir always talked about him to me and it was hurtful. He talked about that… to me… who has been loving him for 5 years. At that time, I really wanted to confess, but that Joonyoung did it first. And now… when they already broke up, Mir’s still thinking about him. I thought when they broke up, I would get my chance to open up Mir’s heart for me. But… it was far from the reality…

He’s so fragile, he’s really weak, I felt it in my arms… he needs help… from me… I’ll try to enter your heart step by step, Mir. I want to be the one who heals you from pain. It will be better if you start to know and accept my feelings toward you. I smiled at him and he looked at me strangely.

“Hyung? Why are you smiling like that?” he asked, he stopped crying.

“Nothing, I’m just happy because you stopped crying…” I said.

“Why are you happy?” he asked.

“Because you’re not crying, smile please… I love your smile, Mir…” I said softly and he finally smiled naturally.

“Pretty” I ruffled his hair.

“I’m not pretty, hyung…” he said.

“You are… you don’t need to think about it again, you can forget those bad things and many good things will come to you…” I said.

“But hyung…” he said.

“I’ll help you to forget it” I smiled and he smiled too. Ah~ I miss these moments…

“How?” he asked.

“Get dressed nicely, we’re going!” I stood up.

“To where?” he asked.

“Just see it yourself. I’ll be waiting outside…” I said and went outside.

 

 

I waited for him to come out… maybe, today will be a different day… I smiled thinking about many beautiful things in my brain. I thought that I imagined too far.

“Hyung! I’m ready!” he came out brightly, I really love this side of him, cute and adorable. He just wore jeans and hoodie but why did he look so adorable???

“Let’s go!” we went inside my car and I drove to amusement park…

“Amusement park?” he asked me.

“Yes, do you like it?” I asked.

“YES!” he was really excited and I smiled warmly.

We went out and he pulled my hand, he ran like a kid.

“Joonie-hyung~” he called me like a kid.

“What?” I asked.

“I want to play that… that… that… and that…Oh! I want to play that also!” he kept pointing everywhere.

“Okay! What do you want to play first?” I asked.

“That one!!!” he pointed at the roller coaster.

I kept following him and playing with him. He’s full of smile and happiness, and I kept smiling at him stupidly.

“Mir, where do you want to eat?” I asked.

“A restaurant where we usually eat, hyung!” he answered.

“You forgot about it?” he pouted.

“I was joking. I remember it, Mir…” I said and we went back to my car.

 

 

We both entered the restaurant and I bravely brought my right arm circling into his waist. At first, he was surprised, but he wasn’t disgusted or anything so I kept holding him like that. Does he… start to grow his feelings for me? Does he? Aish… Joon! Do you think he will like you only because of this?

“Mir? Do you like today?” I asked.

“I really like it! Really really like it!!!” he said.

“Now let’s eat and after that, let me take you somewhere nice…” I said.

“Where?” he asked.

“It’s a surprise! It’s a good place, quiet and beautiful…” I said.

“Okay! I’ll eat well, hyung… Thanks for the meal!” he started to eat the food.

 

 

We went again and we arrived at a park, a beautiful park. It’s almost sunset and it’s really beautiful.

“Hyung… it’s really beautiful!” he commented.

“Really? We should rest there, near the lake…” I said.

“Okay, hyung… it looks relaxing there…” he said.

We both sat on the grass, seeing the sunset. I thought I won’t get a chance to see a sunset with Mir, but God let me to do it.

“Hyung, you’re smart at choosing good place to calm yourself down… it’s really quiet and relaxing here…” he said.

“It’s just… I often went here when I was stressed about something, when I was frustrated…” I said.

“Stressed? About what? You never told me anything…” he asked.

“About someone… it’s okay. I was strong enough to endure it. Now, I’m okay…” I said.

“Who’s that someone? If you have something, you have to tell it to me, hyung! We’re best friends, right?” he said.

Mir… that someone… is actually you. I often came here and expressed my feelings loudly. This is where I calmed down when I was upset because I was jealous of you and Joonyoung. This place is filled with my jealousy. I always talked to myself here, in front of this lake. I couldn’t tell it to you, Mir… You’ll think differently about me and we won’t be the same as we used to be.

Then I felt someone’s head on my shoulder, it was Mir’s… This is what I’ve wanted to feel, Mir sleeping next to me, leaning closer into me. I’ve always wanted to wake up beside him and sleep in the night beside him. He’s the one whom I want to see first in the beginning of the day, and he’s the one whom I want to see last in the end of the day. I looked at his sleeping face and I stared at his lips. He’s so… kissable… I really want to kiss him… I want to hold his hand… and tell him and I’m here for him. But it’s just all wishes…

 

 

He woke up and I looked at him.

“It’s night already, Mir… let me take you home…” I said.

“Yes, hyung…” he said and we stood up.

We wanted to go back to my car but suddenly we saw something… no… someone… he’s familiar… and Mir stared at the person. No… it’s not only one person, there were two…

We finally realized that it was Joonyoung… and his new girlfriend. Mir looked so hurt and he was crying… again… I made him smile and that Joonyoung appeared, ruining everything. Mir ran away and I chased him.

“MIR!” I shouted but he didn’t stop running.

“MIR!!!” I shouted again and ran faster. I finally grabbed his hand and stopped him.

“Mir… why are you crying? I told you that you have to forget about him…” I said.

“It’s hard, hyung… he became so much in my life” those words stabbed me. When will he return my feelings? Almost never, he won’t…. I wanted to cry but I couldn’t cry when I told him to stop crying.

 

 

“I’ll take you home… you need to rest…” I said and brought him into my car. It was really quiet in the car.

We entered his house and I accompanied him into his living room and sat him on the sofa. He’s still crying… Why were you still crying over him? Can’t you let him go? And start to receive my arms?

“Joonie-hyung… it’s already night, you need to go home…” he said.

“I can’t leave you crying like this…” I said.

“Hyung, leave me alone… I need to be alone… thanks for today, hyung…” he said. He told me to leave? I was hurt at his words…

“I told you to forget about him, why are you still thinking about him? He left you, Mir… it was his biggest mistake, you’re such an amazing person, I can’t believe that someone could dump you like this…” I said.

“Hyung… it’s hard to forget… I can’t forget about him, I knew you told me about this but I think I can’t… My heart is still fragile and no one can heal it…” he said and I couldn’t hold anymore.

 

 

“NO ONE?!?!” I shouted, making him got shocked at my sudden anger.

“Hyung…” he was scared.

“WHY CAN’T YOU FORGET ABOUT HIM WHEN YOU HAVE SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT YOU?!?!?” I shouted.

“Hyung… what do you mean? Someone who actually cares about me?” he asked.

“ARE YOU THAT STUPID TO REALIZE THAT I’M HERE IN FRONT OF YOU. I’M HERE, BESIDE YOU… TRYING TO COMFORT YOU BUT YOU CAN’T STOP THINKING ABOUT THAT MAN WHO LEFT YOU…” I let out all my words in my brain.

“Hyung… you…” he looked scared because of my sudden change.

“IS YOUR HEART IS THAT FULL THAT I CAN’T EVEN ENTER? YOU KEPT OPENING YOUR HEART FOR SOMEONE WHO DOESN’T EVEN CARE ABOUT YOU… AND DON’T REALIZE THAT SOMEONE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR YOU FOR A LONG TIME. AND NOW, THAT PERSON… IS STANDING IN FRONT OF YOU” I confessed to him. Finally, I could confess…

“Hyung… I don’t know that…” he was so surprised because of my confession.

“I LIKE YOU! I LOVE YOU, MIR! I’VE LOVED YOU FOR 5 YEARS! BUT YOU DON’T EVEN CARE…” I said, walking to the door, wanted to go out and went home.

Someone hugged me from behind and stopped me from walking.

“Sorry… Mianhae… hyung… I don’t know that I’ve hurt you… please, forgive me…” he cried… he was actually crying over me…

“It’s not your fault, Mir… I must be lacking a lot that I can’t even attract you…” I said.

“Hyung… today, I felt different. I thought you in a different way. You made me smile today. I actually felt warm when you’re beside me. I didn’t want to believe that those feelings are love because I haven’t even gotten rid of my previous love. Hyung… mianhae… I love you…” he said.

“Mir, don’t lie because you felt bad… I don’t want to force you to love me…” I said, pushing his hands away from my waist gently.

He suddenly leaned closer to me and closed the distance between our lips… it was only a light peck on the lips, but it’s enough to make me flatter.

“Hyung, I just realized how much you care about me… and I just realized how I feel about you… I just knew that it wasn’t just ordinary feeling. It must be love but I didn’t realize it at that time…” he hugged me tightly, I felt like I was in the heaven.

“Mir…” I was speechless, I’ve never thought about this. I thought that today would never happen.

“Joonie-hyung… do you want to be with me, a person who hurt you for 5 years? Do you want to be a boyfriend of a foolish person who didn’t even realize that someone actually cares about him?” he said that softly. I could feel sincerity in his words.

I brought my arms to hug him back and caressed his back gently.

 

 

“How can… I let something that I’ve been waiting for 5 years, just go away like that?”

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

How was it? Was it good?

Have you heard mblaq’s new mini album, BROKEN?

Their songs are amazing, try to listen to it if you haven’t…

It’s so r&b-ish… and the whole mini album is just so perfect (my opinion keke^^)

Btw I hope you enjoy reading this oneshot… this story is based on one of songs ‘Key’…

Comment and subscribe… maybe… an upvote?? :))))

ILOVEYOUALL <3 THANKYOUSOMUCH <3