final

Troublemaker

troublemaker /ˈtrʌb.l ̩ˌmeɪ.kə r / /-kɚ/ noun [ C ]
someone who intentionally causes problems for other people, especially people who are in a position of power or authority [sc: Cambridge Dictionary]


I reccomend you to read the main story and the first sequel first since it has something to do with this story.


It start off with Sehun who woke up normally—which means 8 am in the morning—when he got called nowhere by his parents.

“We need to talk.”

And it scares him.

Is it about his grades? (But no, even he always slacking off, his grades not really bad—it was rather excellent than bad though.)

Or is it about his bad habit for wake up too late? (Eh, he’s been did it for a long time ago and his parents never scolds him about it so maybe no.)

Or… is it…

His father was the one who speak up, “Aren’t you single right now?”

Sehun didn’t dare to answer because he hides his relationship—or rather, he have no chance to bring it up to his parents—for almost a half of year and if he brings it up now it’ll makes the situation worse.

And he can’t lie either.

“What about it?” Sehun tried to answer calmly and it convinced his parents.

His mother smiled, “Well, nice to know, we have a plan to engage you with one of our friend’s daughter.”

What?

“We’ve seen the daughter and she’s nice; she really suits to be your side.” His father chuckled, “I know it may be too early for you, but maybe you can know her little by little?”

Sehun blinked. What in the world his parents just said? They hooked him up with someone else?

“Why so suddenly—“

“Anyway, it’s already decided; you should meet her on this Sunday, okay?” His mother smiles before gets up of her seat and heads to the kitchen. “What do you want for breakfast, Dear?”

And they left Sehun there, still dazed with what was he face not long ago.

Engagement…?

How should he face Jongin with this?


Hyung, I’m screwed.”

Luhan pauses his game before throws the younger with confused look, “You always screwed with this game; there’s nothing new about it.”

Sehun scoffed, “That’s not what I meant.” He sighed before slumps his head. “Why did I come to your dorm anyway?”

They have been playing games in Luhan’s and Yixing’s dorm room for an hour and yet they talked just a while ago—they too focused to their games because hell, it’s man’s pride to always win!

“You’re the one who rushed here; being all mess and more lifeless face plastered on your face.” Luhan sighed before throws his joystick and lying on his bed before asks, “What’s wrong? You looked like you’re out of something.”

The younger sighed before dropped his—Luhan’s—joystick and answers, “I’ve engaged.”

Luhan frowns, “With Jongin? You should be happy then?”

“No, it’s a girl.” When Sehun averted his stares, he found Luhan was glaring him with unbelievable looks. “…what’s with that face?”

“Uncle and Aunt told you so?” Sehun nodded. “Why so suddenly—“

He shrugged, “How should I know? It was the first thing I encountered after I woke up! I can’t really process and yet they suddenly told me that!”

Luhan frowned before he focuses his attention to the younger, “Don’t you tell your parents about your relationship?”

“…no, I haven’t a chance to.” He murmured.

The older smiled so brightly and spoke, “Well, congrats, your life has screwed up.” and he meant it as sarcasm which get a hit from Sehun. “What can I say? You’re the one who screwed yourself! It’s your own fault!”

Sehun sighed and stopped himself for hit Luhan further. He knew it was his fault to not tell them sooner but still, it’s way too soon! He still 20 years old and yet his parents engaged him to a girl he doesn’t know! How could they—

And the one which he frustrated the most is how to tell Jongin with this screwed situation?

He can’t stand to watch Jongin’s ugly face with sadness—and he doesn’t have any courage to tell him either because he knew he must be hurt since he’s the one who asked him out.

And he can’t let himself to have a broken heart because it just no.

“What should I do Hyung?”

Luhan, who still on the bed, pokes Sehun’s cheek before sighed, “You should tell him.”

Sehun looks up.

“I’m sure you’ll regret it later if you don’t tell him soon.” Luhan’s eyes face Sehun seriously. “More sooner you tell him, more sooner you can fix your problem.”

Sehun finally sighed.

He’ll consider it—he should consider it.


Hey, I’ve engaged with a daughter of my parents’ friend. What do you think of it?

No.

Jongin, you see, I think my parents have engaged me with their friend’s daughter. Do you think I should go for it?

Jongin will kill him for sure.

…Jongin, I’ve engaged. What should I do?

Sounds good, but he can’t guarantee Jongin’s reaction.

Sorry for disturbing your time, but I think you should know this. Suddenly I’ve engaged with my parents’ friend’s daughter but I don’t really wanna. What do you think?

…maybe it’s good?

And when Sehun realized it, he completely forgot that he was in Jongin’s room, with stack of notes and various indescribable things on their table, waiting for Jongin and Sehun to use them.

Jongin decided to invite him for study together on the weekend since their major are same—in another means, Jongin asked him to come to his house since his parents went out and his sisters too, but with their boyfriends.

Well, he’s fine by it though but… you know…

He doesn’t have any courage to tell him about it yet.

(But he still decided to come though.)

Now they are in Jongin’s room, which is filled by Sehun who scribbling on his notes while Jongin who reading his material, with comfortable silence hugs them friendly and a couple of coffee mugs placed on the table accompanied them.

Sehun was biting his inside cheeks while his pen was scribbles the main points with his messy writing. He should focused; he needs to finish it fast because he needs to tell about it but he was kinds of hesitant of how he should bring it up since it’s really a sensitive topic—at least for him.

He’s afraid okay.

“Jongin…” he tried to call but he still trying to gather his courage with strongly grips his pen.

Jongin hums in response.

Sehun bites his lips before decided to continue scribbling, “Never mind.”

Maybe because he realized something off with Sehun, he decided to looks up of his notes and frowns, “What’s wrong?”

Sehun shakes his head while his hand still scribbling on his notes. No, he definitely can’t tell him, he can’t disappoint Jongin, he really doesn’t want to.

“I’m sure you’ll regret it later if you don’t tell him soon.”

But what should he do? Sehun doesn’t know how!

“But your face said otherwise.”

He shuddered. Is he that obvious?

He can felt Jongin was sit closer and try to look at him but he averts his face away, which makes Jongin wondered more and began to leans closer, “Sehun, what’s wrong?”

Sehun shook his head again.

Jongin put his arm around Sehun’s waist before said, “Is something wrong?”

“…you’ll regret it later if you don’t tell him soon.”

.

Luhan’s gonna kick his if he doesn’t tell him about it soon.

“… my parents were matchmaking me with their friend’s daughter.”

He can felt Jongin’s hand was tensed.

When he tried to face Jongin, he can saw Jongin was really shocked before he abruptly speaks up, “You mean an arranged marriage?” Sehun tensed and shuts his mouth. “What do you think you’re—“

“There was nothing I could do! They decided by their own okay!” Sehun shouted back. “Don’t you dare to think that you’re the only one who frustrated here!”

Jongin murmured sorry before he tried to control himself and speaks, “Oh, right, you haven’t tell your parents, don’t you?”

Sehun cringed, “And when they said that I’ve been single I can’t bring myself to tell them that we’re dating.”

Jongin seems lost before face palmed. “…right, you can’t tell them all of sudden either.”

He can’t help but felt guilty because of it.

“… so, what now?” Sehun bites his lips. “It’s not like I have choice in the matter…”

“Well, that’s that then.”

Sehun’s eyes widened.

“Just go ahead with it for now on.” but Sehun can saw Jongin was really thinking hard of it.  Sehun wants to protest but Jongin cuts him off while took his arm off Sehun’s waist, “There’s nothing we can do if you can’t turn it down though. When do you have to go?”

The younger replied, “This Sunday at Ibis hotel.”

Jongin sighed and returned to read his material book before spoke, “…and besides, it’s not for me to decide whether you go or not.” Sehun can saw he was sighing again. “Do what you think is the best.”

“Then you’ll be fine if I choose her over you?”

Jongin didn’t answer.


Sehun is really annoyed right now.

He imagined that Jongin will be like what are you thinking? turn it down now! or don’t you love me? then why can’t you reject it? okay, I’ll turn it down for you!, but otherwise he calmly said that he should go for it like he doesn’t care at all.

What was that supposed to mean? Shouldn’t Jongin be more worried? It’s arranged marriage for God sakes!

Wait, it doesn’t sound like him at all—what’s wrong with him anyway? He’s not usually this blood-heated—

“You look nervous.” Sehun’s father stated while grins, but he ignored him.

When the receptionist announced that their guest has arrived, he can’t help but flinched and fakes a smile like reflex. He’s going to scare the woman so badly that makes their engagement cancelled no matter what, because Jongin’s reaction yesterday was really disappoint him that he can’t stand his cold shoulder more that this.

After the guest arrived, his and her parents were sharing stories and left both of them there, awkwardly standing with eyes nowhere to focus.

Sehun doesn’t know how to face her because heck, his first date is Jongin and he never dated a woman before so how should he know? It’s not his plan to end up with Jongin anyway.

“Hello.”

The woman was the one who speak up.

He looks down and found the woman was smiling sweetly at him before speaks again, “Nice to meet you; I’m Sulli.”

Sehun got his eyes widen before he managed to smiles.

…she’s so pretty in his eyes.

“Um, nice to meet you too I guess. I’m Sehun.”


Jongin feels stupid, like, really stupid.

He disguised himself in glasses with wearing flat cap and suit like a lost person while watching Sehun for a far. He feels stupid, he thought it over and over, and he found himself funny because of his situation right now.

He feels like a stalker; a weird one.

Jongin thought he should check the woman—who was arranged with Sehun—that she’s not a weirdo or check that she’ll suit Sehun, so that was why he was in this situation; disguised as an old worker and watch Sehun secretly—and recently he found that he never knew that Sehun really looks good in suit like whoa.

(Jongin, please focus.)

He was peeking Sehun while hiding himself behind a pillar. They still talked normally; but it’s kind of not normal in his eyes since Sehun was smiling bright unlike usual, like, he’s a pro at it, and it began to wonder Jongin: is he really Sehun’s first?

But then he remembered that Sehun is bad at lying so he can feels a bit calm for now.

“Jongin-ah?”

His shoulders tensed before he abruptly turned his body backward.

“Amber-noona…?”

She grinned before lightly waves her hand and greets him, “Hi! What are you doing here?”

Jongin remembered her; she’s an acquaintance on his favorite’s shop that used to recommend a good choice for his tastes and she was the one who recommended the black scarf as Christmas present for Sehun.

He cringed before fixing his glasses and greets her back, “H-hi. I… uh, was wondering around?”

“Aren’t you following the guy over there?” She asked while she pointed at Sehun. Before Jongin even have a chance to deny, she rolled her eyes and continued, “Jongin-ah, please, I know you were watching him since forever and there’s no way you’ll dressed in this kind of style if you’re not following someone; I’m a stylist you know.”

“You’re an intern stylist.” Jongin corrected.

Amber just shrugs it off before spoke, “Whatever, I’ll be, soon.”

He sighed before throws his gaze to Sehun (again), and found both of them were laughing happily, like, normal.

And then it hits Jongin that he hasn’t told Sehun about his problem yet—ah, right, that one.

No wonder.

“Oh, isn’t that Sulli?”

When he realized, Amber was behind his back, with her gazes were following both the girl and Sehun.

He frowned and he can’t help but asks, “Who is Sulli?”

She pointed her index finger towards the girl, “That girl. Her name’s Sulli.” She grins, “She is—she was my underclassman when I was in high school.”

Jongin doesn’t know the reason why she used the past continuous but he just let it go—he can’t find himself to middling anyway, and when he looked—peeked—at Sehun, he can saw his smiles were spreading ear to ear, looked naturally happy and compatible with her.

His eyes a bit widen.

“…I’m going home.”

And he let Amber’s confusion floats away when he walks away.


She’s sweet and Sehun can’t help but interested in her because he couldn’t find a single thing wrong about her—it’s not that he likes her; he’s still for Jongin, but…

Her beauty drawn him in and it scares him.

To: Kim Jong-out
can we meet somewhere?

He needs to see Jongin; he doesn’t care what will Jongin says about his weird attitude later, he just needs him. Now.

From: Kim Jong-out
I’d love to but sorry, I had things to do. maybe later?

Sehun sighed.

To: Kim Jong-out
sorry for bothering you then.

And he immediately harshly put his phone on his pocket before buried his head on the car’s head seat.

Oh gosh.

He can felt his phone vibrating but he just shrugs it off; he’s no mood to have a fight with Jongin right now.  What does he need right now is a good sleep and have a class like usual for tomorrow.

And he needs to talk with Jongin—he should talk with Jongin tomorrow or he’ll go crazy because of it.

He should.


From: Oh Se-whinny
meet me at College’s bench on back of Literature faculty at 2pm.
please.

Jongin frowned.

“Is it Sehun?”

And he found Kyungsoo was peeking on his phone with his eyebrows scrunched a bit.

He nodded before chews his food and placed his chopsticks on the bowl, “Yeah.”

Kyungsoo hummed and squinted his eyes before commented, “He looks so depressed, doesn’t he?”

“…is he?” Jongin hesitantly asked.

He nodded, “And he looks awful.” Kyungsoo drank his milk before continuously spoke, “I mean, when I accidentally saw him in this morning, his face looks really tired. Is he okay?”

Jongin can’t answer—he hasn’t told their problem to Kyungsoo yet, and he doesn’t have any plan to.

He just can’t tell him now.

“Maybe.” Jongin sighed before put his phone in his pocket and took his tray away. “Sorry, I need to go now; he must be waiting at there already. See you later Hyung!”

Kyungsoo nodded and continued to eat while Jongin put his tray on sinks and heading towards the place where Sehun told him to go—although he’s hesitant to go because Sehun must be really upset right now.

He means, based on Sehun’s text last night, the younger must be really desperate of something and yet unfortunately he couldn’t go because he was dragged by Kyungsoo to a supermarket to buy things right after he arrived home—and he really regretted it because heck, that night Sehun didn’t reply his message and it makes him feels guilty.

It must be about last night, Jongin dares to say.

When he arrived there, he saw Sehun was sitting alone, with his ears plugged with his headphone. Jongin quicken his steps before stopped right in front of Sehun and smiles, “Hi there.”

Sehun looks up before took his headphone off and greets him lifelessly, “Hi’.”

Before Jongin has a chance to speak, his wrist was tugged by Sehun and asked him to sit down.

Jongin obediently sits beside him before speaks, “How was yesterday?”

The younger man sighed, “I don’t know.” Jongin frowned, “I mean, she’s pretty, but something’s missing.”

He hold himself to not feel irritated, really, hard, before replied, “What do you mean?”

“I’ll ask you.” Jongin silenced but nodded, let the younger to ask him. “Hypothetically, if I choose her over you, what will you do?”

“Sehun, I don’t think I can answer that—“

But Sehun suddenly hold his hand and intertwined it together before grips it tight, “Please. Just answer, okay? I said, hypothetically.

And Jongin feels himself blank.

There are so many things he doesn’t know about Sehun yet and so the younger are. If he can be honest, he can let Sehun go, but his heart must be says otherwise—although it’s selfish, but he can’t hope Sehun’s happiness for no one but him.

But, if it’s really happen, then he has no choice but let Sehun go even it hurts for Jongin.

“…I can’t answer you.”

And a long sigh comes along with his answer.

Sehun still looked at Jongin with determination before says, “Are you sure?”

“Then I’ll ask you: are you sure you want to leave me?”

Crap.

He can felt Sehun was tensed—but the younger tried to shrugged it off with grips their hands tighter before shook his head, although it was looking so hesitant in Jongin’s eyes, and murmurs, “Of course not.”

Jongin sighed before leans his head on Sehun’s shoulder and slowly closed his eyelids. How nice; he never knew this spot was really perfect for them to be alone and being all comfy.

“That’s why—”

“Sehun-ssi!”

A call for Sehun interrupting Jongin to speaks further.

The younger male turns his head and frowned while Jongin reflexively sitting straight and let Sehun’s hand goes, with unconsciously cursing under his breath.

 “…yeah?” Sehun frowned while a girl—the one who called him was a girl—approaching him. “Minzy-ssi, what is it?”

Minzy? Oh right, she’s one of the dance members that has really impressive skill in dancing.

Minzy panted before looks up and spoke, “A girl was looking for you. She was asking me and I remembered you were here with your—“ she silenced when she looked at Jongin before shook her head, “Never mind that, hurry go to in front of our faculty; she has been waiting there for a long time.”

…it must be that Sulli.

Sehun looks clueless but he nodded before Minzy spoke again, “Anyway, gotta go. See you later!” and disappeared from their sights.

Both of them silenced before Jongin speaks up, “You’re not going?”

“But—”

“Right, I forgot that Kyungsoo-hyung was calling me to the library; he said he needs me to carry books for him.” Lies. “I’m sorry, but I guess we can continue this later?” He just doesn’t want to face that girl. He just feels wrong to be there; he feels like an outsider.

The younger stiffly nodded.

Jongin ruffles Sehun’s hair before smiles, “See you soon?”

“…yeah, see you soon.”

And he lightly pinched Sehun’s cheeks before waved his hand to say goodbye and heading towards Fashion Faculty—which fortunately is a same route to the library so the younger wouldn’t suspect anything.

He needs to see Luhan.

He wants to ask something to him.


A bunch of people were surrounding around Sulli when Sehun was arriving in front of Literature Faculty.

Sehun groans and scathing retorts “Dad must be the one who told her.” before approaching her and greets her as casual as he can, “Sorry, did I make you wait?”

Sulli shook his head before smiling, “No, I must be the one who said sorry; I’m visiting you out of blue like this.”

He sighed. Then what did you come for?—but it sounds rude so Sehun hold himself to not scoff her. “Not at all; it’s okay though.” He forced himself to smiles and speaks, “So… why are you here?”

He can felt his back was stabbed by people’s stares, like ouch.

She smiled sweetly and spoke, “I forgot to ask you for your contact last week—and I only knew your home address, so I asked my dad about you and where did you enroll.” She beamed, “I was going to wait for you to contact me, but… I really wanted to see you sooner, so that’s why I’m here.”

Sehun almost facepalmed—but he holding himself, again, and force himself more to smile wider. I didn’t tell you on purpose duh, he minded before grumbled, I know she does like me but still, it’s weird.

“Well, Sulli-ssi—“

Before Sehun ever finished talking, Sulli handed him a box lunch (Sehun guessing) and beamed, “I’m here for giving you this. I heard that you like meat and spicy food, so I’m trying to make one.”

Ack.

“Well, that’s all for today.” She bowed before waved her hand to bid farewell, “Remember to call me okay?”

Sehun bowed before stiffly waved his hand. When Sulli disappeared from his sight, he staggered on the wall before his body falls to the ground and feels himself sullen.

Now he really needs to do something about her before make things worse.


To: Zhang Yixing-hyung
where’s Luhan-hyung?

From: Zhang Yixing-hyung
he’s in the library with me.

And Jongin wasted his time no more to head off to library as intended.

He greeted the librarian old lady before silently looking for both Chinese males. After looking for almost five minutes, he finally found them on history section, with Luhan was silently leaning on the younger male’s shoulder while Yixing was reading a book that looks so old from the page’s color.

How rare; he never saw them being so peaceful like that.

Jongin silently heading to Yixing and pat the older male’s shoulder. Yixing looks up and greets him before asks him to sit in front of his seat, to make their conversation easier. He obediently sits before pointing his index finger towards Luhan and asked in silence, which answered by Yixing signaling him with placed his index finger on his lips.

No wonder it’s peaceful; Luhan’s sleeping.

“Your shoulder must be feels really hurts.” Jongin whispered carefully, trying to not make any noise that might wake Luhan up.

Yixing answered with a long sigh and murmurs “Of course it is.” before he fixing his glasses and sighed for a second time. “But no problem, it’s Luhan-ge after all.”

Jongin chuckled.

“Anyway, what’s wrong?” Yixing decided to save his reading later and face Jongin, “Unfortunately he’s sleeping though.” He sighed before murmurs “Sorry ge, but my shoulder’s hurts.” and carefully moving Luhan to his laps and back to face Jongin.

Jongin took a deep breath before spoke, “To be honest I should ask this to Luhan-hyung but well… Hyung, how long did you know Sehun?”

Yixing tilted his head but still answering, “I think it was after I met Luhan-ge… then that’s mean… around 3 years already?”

“Is he straight?”

He can saw Yixing was flabbergasted before frowned, “Why are you suddenly asking that?”

“Just asking.” Lies, he wants to know so he can make clear everything.

Yixing hummed before spoke, “Well, I don’t really sure about it, but I remembered he ever told me that he likes older woman.” He held his jaw and leans his elbow to the table before shrugged, “But I think you should ask Luhan-ge instead of me though; he knew Sehun the best.”

It was Jongin’s turn to sigh, “Unfortunately, he’s sleeping.”

He chuckled before took his glasses and whispers, “He’s really tired since last night after all; he’s been working part-times from after class to evening these days. I don’t know why he’s working so hard of it, but he said that he needs money for something.”

Maybe it’s for his beauty kits—or tester kits for Sehun? Maybe, Jongin only could wonder.

“Anyway,” Yixing smiles, “Jongin-ah, you should remember this; Sehun would never lie to someone he trusts, especially you.”

“That’s not what I meant—”

“He just no good with words; that just how the way he is.” Yixing gently caress Luhan’s hair and looks up, “How can you not notice that after having relationship with him almost four months long?”

Jongin silenced. Of course he noticed it, he really notice it that he used to face harsh yet cute Sehun.

The older Chinese male grins before spoke, “Anything else you want to ask?”

Maybe that’s enough for today; he’ll just ask Luhan when he wakes up, which that’s mean, later.

“I think that’s all—“

“Hey, did you see Sehun-ssi earlier? He was with a girl from K University!”

Jongin flinched.

“No way! Isn’t he with Jongin-ssi?”

“But I heard that he went for an arranged marriage last weekend though.” Another girl spoke up, “And dang, she’s a beat.”

“Are you serious? We don’t have chance at all then!”

Woman sure have impressive information network huh. Jongin minded. What is she doing here anyway?

“I saw them too! She even gave him a homemade pack lunch!”

“Don’t tell me—Sehun-ssi is dating her?”

And their chatters continuously went while Jongin stands up and murmurs, “Sorry hyung, I’ll see you later then.” before bowed a little and Yixing just nodded before simply said “See you later.” and continues to read his reading that left unread.

What a bummer.


When he arrived home, he immediately approaches his father—who is in the middle of enjoying his evening—and soon he speaks out his mind without any courtesy, “Dad, I want to turn her down.”

“What? You’re turning her down?”

And he can felt his father’s tone went down because too much surprise.

“Why? Isn’t she nice? What don’t you like about her?” His father looked really surprised before put his newspaper down.

Sehun awkwardly clears his throat and answered, “Well, nothing in particular…”

“Then it’s fine, isn’t it?”

It’s not fine at all duh. Sehun almost said that but he just sighed before try to say any reason that might reasonable for his father, “I can’t be with her.”

“You can take things easy, so no need to rush.”

That’s not what he meant! He just—

He—

He can’t stand Jongin’s (unintentional) cold shoulder anymore.

Yeah.

That’s it.

“Dad—“

His father sighed before speaks, “Then tell me, is there anything you’re not satisfied about her?”

“I’m…” Tell him Sehun, tell him! Tell him or you’ll regret it later! “…in a relationship with someone.”

His father blinked.

Great, Sehun, you told him.

“Why don’t you tell me sooner? If that was the case, I definitely rejecting my friend’s offer to matchmaking you two.” His father sighed when Sehun murmur sorrys but not long after he sighed again for a long time, “I’ll try to work on it; I’ll tell you about her choices later.”

“Thanks Dad.” And Sehun can’t help but hugging his father because his father is really caring him much and he loves him as much as he loves himself. “You’re the best.

“But you’re not lying about your status, right?”

“…why would I lied to you Dad, you know me.”

He chuckled before took his phone and calling someone. Sehun let his arms go and slump himself on the couch, trying to let go all of burden on his shoulders.

God, he should sort these things out soon or he wouldn’t able to stand Jongin and his relationship further.

He wants to see Jongin.

He really wants to see him.

“Sehun.”

He reflexively gets up and speaks, “Yes, Dad?”

“She said she wanted to meet you and talk with you one last time tonight.”

Talk about bad omen.


To: Majesty Lu Han-ssi
can I come over?

From: Majesty Lu Han-ssi
sure. bring us foods if you can.

Jongin decided to bring them pizzas.

When he arrived, he immediately knocks the door and greeted by messy Luhan and a slight sight of Yixing sleeping on the bed. He frowned before blurted, “Did you two make out before I came?”

“What are you saying? I’m in the middle of working my thesis you know.” The older sighed before let Jongin in and speaks up, “Besides, Yixing suddenly has flu so he’s resting now.”

“Nice to know.”

Luhan rolled his eyes before took the pizzas from Jongin and put it on the table. He makes coffees for them and told Jongin to sit before gives him one and speaks up, “So, what do you want to ask?”

How did you know…? Jongin was about to say that before Luhan cuts him off. “Yixing told me earlier that you want to ask me something but I was happening to falls asleep. Is it about Sehun?”

Jongin nodded, “Do you mind…?”

“No, actually I’m happy you came here; I need someone to talk with.” Luhan buried himself on his seat and took his laptop to continues his thesis. “Well, ask whatever you want.”

Jongin took a deep breath before asks, “Is Sehun ever dated before?”

He got a quick head shake from Luhan and he added, “But he’s good at using masquerade.” Before Jongin could ever reacted, Luhan spoke, “Do you know why his words always harsh?”

He quietly shook his head.

“You know, before he’s being the way he is now, he was been went through so many hardships before.” Luhan was squint his eyes before he decided to wear his glasses and keeps talking without looking at Jongin; too focused to his monitor. “His parents almost divorced if Sehun wasn’t in an accident.”

Sehun was in an accident before…?

Looked like he realized Jongin’s surprised look, he nodded, “Sehun didn’t tell you?”

“…no, it was my first time to hear it.” Jongin silently drank his coffee before put it down and continues, “And his parents were almost---”

“Yeah, they almost divorced; but in the end it was a misunderstanding between them so I guess they are okay now.” Luhan sighed. “Did you notice a scar around his waist?” Jongin shook his head—of course he has seen Sehun half-, but he didn’t really see it. “He was stabbed by an insane peasant and it happened than there was poison on his knife.”

Jongin’s mouth was agape in shock. “…that must be awful.”

The older male sighed, “I know right? But after the surgery and his parents’ problem solved, he became distant almost a year.” He occasionally took a sip of his coffee and continues, “Based of what Aunty told, the doctor told her that the accident left him in deep trauma that makes him almost can’t believe anyone anymore.”

He silenced.

“And it happened that the one who stabbed him was one of his closest best friends.” Luhan groaned before cursing in Chinese and looked like he decided to toss his assignment aside and faces Jongin. “Fortunately, I was there for him that he’s able to be he is now. He’s so hard to break you know.” Jongin still silenced, “And the reason why he’s so harsh is because he just protected himself so he won’t feel hurt for anything anymore.”

So that’s why.

“He’s good using a masquerade because he knew how to feign himself in front of people, depends with the situation he’s in.” Luhan leans closer to Jongin—which makes him frowned but he still silenced. “And because he’s scared.”

Jongin speaks up, “Then how did you know if he’s lying or not?”

Luhan shrugged, “I don’t know; it just happen naturally. Maybe it's because we had known each other for ages?”

“How long did you know Sehun?” Jongin can’t help but asked Luhan about it. They looked pretty close although Sehun always ended as Luhan’s guinea pig whenever it’s about hairstyle or hair color.

Luhan silenced for a moment before answered, “I guess it was around more than five years? No, wait, it’s longer than that---” he began to counting with his fingers. “Five, six, seven… oh, right, it was around seven years after we met.”

His answer flabbergasted Jongin.

Compared to him, Luhan knew Sehun longer—which he can’t help but feel lost about knowing Sehun best.

He is his boyfriend and yet he almost knew nothing about Sehun.

“Anything else you want to ask?”

And surprisingly Luhan is a mature person, unlike his opinion when Sehun always told Jongin about Luhan’s—kind of—weird experiment on him.

Jongin awkwardly clears his throat before asked, “Is it okay to tell me this?”

Luhan smiles, which surprising Jongin a lot that makes him almost freaked out, “You have rights to know it since I bet he won’t tell you about his past. Besides,” he pointed Jongin’s face with his index finger, “Aren’t you his boyfriend?”

“I do, but…”

“What but?”

“I feel bad for him.” He bites his lower lip. “I’ve been put distance on him and I was kinda harsh to him since he told me about his engagement.”

Luhan scoffed, “You’re awful.”

“I know.” Jongin said bitterly. “But I can’t help it; I was jealous.”

“Both of you should make up.” Luhan sighed before flicked Jongin’s forehead. “Really, that was stupid decision you know.”

“I know; I just can’t.” Jongin whined before rubs his forehead and speaks up, “I’ll make up with him, soon.”

Luhan nodded, “You better be.” but he leans closer to Jongin that the younger feels that Luhan could see through his eyes for seeking the truth, and believe him, Luhan is. “You know what? I felt you have more question to ask but you’re not sure to ask it or not.”

How did he know?

“It just a feeling, correct me if I’m wrong.” Luhan grins before steps away and drank his coffee.

Jongin shook his head, “Actually, you’re kinda right.” He took a deep breath before asking for the last time, “I know it sounds rude, but is Sehun straight?”

Too much Jongin’s surprise, Luhan nodded.

“Not after you asked him for be your fake boyfriend.” He finished his coffee and yawned. “He used to likes older women, but you came to his life. I guess you’re an exceptional for him.”

Him…?

“But I don’t know, maybe he can move on his feelings though,” Luhan smirked, “To his new girl.

Jongin flinched.

No. That’s not going to happen. Never. He won’t ever let it happen!

“Not gonna happen.” Jongin shook his head and his eyes full of determination, “Why? Because he’s mine, and I won’t let her to snatch him away, ever.”

Luhan stares him, doubtly, before sighed and tidying his project. “Then do it.” His phone buzzed. Luhan frowned before snatch it on the table and checked his phone before a smile appeared on his face and pats Jongin’s shoulder, “You have chance to.”

Jongin nodded before pull Luhan for a hug and smiles, “Thanks Hyung! No wonder Yixing-hyung isn’t let you go!”

“I’m too hard to resist know.” Luhan patted his back before let his arms go and let Jongin out. “Anyway, thanks for the pizzas.”

“Anytime!”

And Jongin reminded himself that he should sort things out with Sehun, he must, before he makes it worse.

He just can’t let his times with Sehun disappears just because something like this.

Like, never.

“Oh right, I forgot to tell you.”

Jongin turn his back in confusion.

“He doesn’t really like to be whispered in ears, and he can’t really stand with stranger’s touch.”

He’ll remember that—well, at least he knew the first one hahahahahaha.


To: The Nosy Hyung Ever
i’ll get things settled tonight.

Sehun sent the message before looks up at Sulli, who thrown her face away to the restaurant’s window.

…it’s so damn awkward.

Somehow he felt regretted to come there—like, he should have made something up so he wouldn’t have to come, and he doesn’t need to feels this kind of awkwardness either.

It frustrated him like hell.

“Sehun-ssi...”

Sehun immediately replied, “Y-yes?”

She lightly smiles before pour him a drink, “Relax, you don’t have to be so nervous.”

He gulped before breathes steadily and murmurs. “Sorry…” …but it still awkward for Sehun. “Sulli-ssi—”

She looks on her feet and speaks, “My father has told me about your relationship.” She stayed still and continued, “Why don’t you tell me sooner?”

Sehun is loss. “I just—”

“I understand.” She looks up and smiles before holding the wine bottle, “I know that I can’t force my feelings on you right? I know it so well.”

His face softened, but he still can’t be too soft on her—like, he has bad feeling here.

 “You know, Sehun-ssi, I really like you.” She smiled ear to ear and pours Sehun more wine. “If it’s easier to you with alcohol, then please take your time. I don’t want you to be so tense around me.”

Sehun stunned a bit before murmured sorrys.

Sulli stares him even her eyes in verge of crying, Sehun can see that, before speaks, “You can say this will be the last time we meet personally like this.”

Sehun really doubt himself now.

Is it really okay for him to choose Jongin over her?

“How about toast for the last time?”

Sehun silently nodded before he takes his glasses and replied, “Sure.”

They toasted their glass and smiles before take sips of wine.

She’s really nice compared to Jongin—no, Jongin’s better than her; he was the one who break Sehun’s façade, he was the one who dare to take a step closer than others, he was the one who always bear to be on Sehun’s side, he… he always be the one who Sehun wants to be ended to.

It’s only Jongin that he needs now.

But why it’s so dark?

He felt so dizzy—


Her face darkened and she took a sip of her wine before she played with Sehun’s hair—that passed out at this moment.

She smirked.

She fished her phone out of her purse before quickly tapped someone else’s number before make a call with it. Her smirks stay still before her call picked and she spoke, “I got him.” She murmured, “Yeah, I’ll be there, just you wait. See you.”

Sulli hangs the call and put her phone back to her purse before call a bellboy to her, with her smiles’ back and asked nicely to bring Sehun to the room that she has told.

He’ll get what he deserves, for hurting her beloved one in front of crowds.

Just you see Sehun-ssi, just you see.

“Oh, I’m sorry.”

The bellboy bowed in guilt which makes her frowns a bit.

Oh, he just bumped into someone, she minded before shrugs it off and enter the elevator.

The one that got bumped just slightly bowed before murmurs “No, I’m sorry too.” before he stayed still with an over height tall man, with a slight shocked expression plastered on his face, but Sulli didn’t really care of it.

She just shrugs it off before the bellboy closes the elevator for them.


Jongin buried himself down on his bed before sighed and buried his face to his pillow, trying to process the information he has got from Luhan.

So Sehun’s straight—he’s an exceptional for him, he has dark past before—not that Jongin mind, he never dated before he dated him, and… he has reason why he’s so harsh.

He’s a bit… taken aback with it.

He still doesn’t know Sehun really well and when he reflected his action when on Christmas, he just thought that he really a foolish—you know, he and his unstoppable lips, like Sehun always described him.

Now that he thinks about it, he just attacked Sehun nowhere, and now that he thinks about it, he really embarrassed because of it.

He reflexively hits the pillow because of embarrassment.

He rolled over before reaches his phone to ease him better, but then he frowned because something feels off on his phone’s screen.

It’s Baekhyun.

Jongin picked it up before spoke in confusion, “Hello?”

“Kkamjong-ah! It’s emergency! You should come to Ibis hotel right now!”

“…what, you want me to carry your luggage or what?” Jongin sighed. “And stop that nickname, I’m not that black.”

“Screw that! I have no time to joke with you!” Now Jongin is really frowns harder. “You better come here right now or you’ll regret it forever!”

And now he is really confused because of Baekhyun’s usual nonsense.

“Sehun is—I know dammit! Stop telling me to calm down!—he is… he is…!”

“Can’t you just to the point—“

“He was kidnapped!”

What?

“You kidding—“

“Just get your here! Hurry up!”

Jongin can’t hear anything and just grabs his coat before get out of his home as fast as possible without caring his family’s confused stares.

Sehun—!


The one that Sehun met when he’s awake is a bright crystal lamp that too bright for his eyes and what was he find when he adjusted his eyes well is two women were standing beside him and smiling brightly.

What in the world…?

“You’re awake?”

Sehun blinked before hesitantly calls, “Sulli-ssi…?” but then he recognizes the other woman right away and it makes him almost falls in agape.

Krystal…?

“Jinri, you did a great job.” She smirked before leans closer to Sehun and trailed her fingertips on his face. “The drugs sure did you good huh. You have soft skins, but not as soft as mine.”

Sehun flinched.

Krystal’s smirks getting scarier as she traced her fingertips on Sehun’s neck, “You have a nice figure, but not as great as mine.”

What does she means…?

“Get your hands off mine!” Sehun tried to shook her off but his hands won’t move—he got tied. “What in the world—” but then he faced her, he got goosebumps and he was freeze right away—shit, she’s so scary—but he get a hold of himself before shouted, “What are you trying to do?”

She tilted her head, but she still traced her fingertips on Sehun’s neck and began to trail on Sehun’s half-—no, his shirt was opened by them—chest before spoke, “Why do you ask?” she leaned closer that their forehead almost touched and scathing sarcasm, “Isn’t that obvious?” Sehun struggles but she ignored him and leans closer, “You stole my boyfriend.

What—

“You seduced my boyfriend.” Her eyes began darker and chokes Sehun’s neck furiously. “You forced him to be yours, don’t you?”

Sehun choked but still managed to speak, “The hell—guh—I did that! He was the one who—“

“Shut up!”

And Krystal chokes him harder.

“Don’t you know how much Jongin-oppa and I suited to be together?” She chokes him harder without cares Sehun’s struggle, “Don’t you know that you’re interfere our sweet relationship?

, this girl is out of her mind.

You’re an eyesore. Get lost.

And she chokes him to her strongest.

“Get—the —“

“You deserve this.” Sulli heading closer to him before waves her hand to someone else beside her and commanded, “Do as I told.”

The well-built figure pulled a knife behind his back.

. He can’t end his life like this!

“Wait!”

The door got banged loudly before the well-built person even has a chance to do whatever with his looked-sharp knife.

Krystal stopped her movement before clicked her tongue and snorts before commanded, “Jinri-ah, get the door.”

Sulli do as she told, but sadly, it doesn’t stop the well-built person to have fun with his knife.

Sehun tried to struggle under Krystal’s pressure but he fails; instead he got choked again and the knife almost kiss his neck, just a little more—

“Wait, you can’t just enter as you wish!”

“The hell with it! Sehun! Where the are you! I know you’re here!”

. It’s Jongin!

“Yah—”

The knife began to stabs his neck without he realized it.

Before he even could groaned in pain, his mouth was muffled by Krystal’s hand while his neck began to bleed. , it hurts, it hurts dammit! He doesn’t want to die yet!

“Goddamn—”

His eyes found Jongin was standing behind Krystal in shock.

He found Jongin’s eyes are really dark.

“What. Are. You. Doing.”

Sehun can felt Krystal’s hands are tensed before she turned her back and shocked as much, left him coughed in relief but his neck still got stabbed—he even could felt the knife began to stabs him deeper that makes him groans in pain.

Oppa, I can explain this—“

Get the off of Sehun.

“Jongin-oppa—

Get. The. . Off. Of. Sehun.” Jongin’s gazes sharpen and he roughly yanks Krystal away. “Now.

And before he proceed what was happening, Jongin punched the man who stabbed him right away before the knife was got thrown. He felt Jongin was taking his handcraft and carefully placed it on his neck before throw his coat to cover Sehun and whispered—he hold himself to not punch Jongin because hell, his neck is really hurts and his ears feels ticklish—about everything’s gonna be okay, I’m here, I’ll take you to the hospital right away after this done and he faces Krystal, face to face, while untied Sehun’s hands.

Jongin’s face hardened like he never saw before.

“Are you insane?”

He can saw Krystal is trembling in fear, but still managed to replied, “I’m doing this so we can happily ever after without anyone in our relationship!”

And what Sehun didn’t expect, Jongin was laughing—he was laughing so hard that Sehun can really tell that he is mad.

Jongin’s laugh is cuts sharply before he leans closer to her, with his eyes darkened, before he clenched his fist and snaps harshly, “Do you know that you are almost cut off someone’s life?”

“But he’s—” Krystal get a hold of herself before faces Jongin, “He’s interfere our relationship!”

He rolled his eyes before he sighed. “We never have a relationship to begin with.”

She angrily clenched her fists and shouts, “But we’re—

“Fated?”

And what Sehun didn’t expect again that Jongin was slapping her face, hard and rough.

“On your dream.”

Jongin quickly carried Sehun on his arms and he walks heading the door, without caring Krystal’s hysterical cries to Jongin and Sulli’s tries to calming her down.

And what Sehun could do was burying his face on Jongin’s shoulder while put his arms around Jongin’s neck, hold himself to not hissed in pain because of his neck and trying to soothe himself to ease the pain.

God, he misses Jongin a lot that he felt that he almost cried because of it.


“He lost a lot of blood but it’s alright; fortunately the knife wasn’t stabbing into his vocal cords and his artery. He just needs a lot of rest. That what was the doctor told me.”

And Jongin can saw Sehun’s father was sighing in relief while Sehun’s mother was crying in relief.

God, he wants to cry too.

He took Sehun to the hospital while he asked Luhan to call Sehun’s parents—he doesn’t know their number—before waited for long time for Sehun to going through an emergency surgery. An hour later Sehun’s parents came with Luhan while Sehun’s mother was crying, which is stings Jongin’s heart a lot.

He felt fails for couldn’t protect Sehun.

Jongin was told by the doctor after the surgery was done. Fortunately Sehun is survived, but he needs to stay in hospital for a week for a further notice. He needs to rest too because of the surgery.

He’s just glad that Sehun is still alive, but he isn’t ready to tell Sehun’s parents about the cause of Sehun’s wound yet.

He’s scared—he even doesn’t want to remember what he saw earlier again.

“Jongin, isn’t it?”

Jongin startled before quickly bowed to Sehun’s father and nodded, “Y-yes, I am.”

“Are you having relationship with my son?”

Jongin froze before splutters, “What—I—how—“

“Luhan told me.” Jongin reflexively throws Luhan death glares, but the older just rolls his eyes and groans before scathing retorts you should be grateful that I helped you dammit. “I ask you, did you?”

He bites his lower lips before mutters in reply, “…yes I do.”

Sehun’s father sighed.

Is he against their relationship…? No, nononono, don’t—please, Sehun has been parts of his life! Please don’t—

“Are you ready for it?”

Jongin looks up in confusion, “Pardon?”

Sehun’s father looks at Jongin right on his eyes, “Are you willing to do everything for him?”

He looks at Sehun through the window—which is sleeping right now—before solemnly nods and replied, “Anything.”

“What if I’m against your relationship?”

Jongin bites his lips before tried to answer firmly, “I’ll prove that I’m the right person for Sehun.”

“How will you do it?”

Jongin’s eyes slowly became the determined one, “I’ll make him happy, I’ll sacrifice anything for his happiness, I’ll—” he bites his lips and stares right into Sehun’s father’s eyes, “—I’ll devote my life for him, even if that’s mean my blood’s got into the last drop.”

“Are you for sure?” Jongin nodded. “Even it means bring you to death?”

“I don’t mind as long as Sehun’s happy.” Jongin spoke earnestly, “That’s more than enough.”

Sehun’s father silenced.

Jongin smiles, but he still waiting for Sehun’s father’s responds of his devotion.

He’s not joking at all. Sehun’s not an easy matter—he’s important to Jongin.

Sehun’s father took a deep breath before put his hand on Jongin’s shoulder and smiles, “…then please take care of him well. I don’t know why, but I think I can believe in you and your words.”

“Please take care of him well, okay?” Sehun’s mother spoke up. “We have nothing against your relationship with our son; we only want him to be happy, that’s it—and thanks for protecting our son. We won’t know what we will do if you didn’t find him and take him to hospital.”

“I—”

Sehun’s mother soothe his back before gives him a big hug, “Thank you. Thank you for saving our son. Thank you—”

And Jongin can’t stand himself to not cry.

—and he ended up crying in Sehun’s mother’s hug.


Jongin is visiting him when the doctor told him that he can enter his room since Sehun’s awake.

When he enters Sehun’s room, the view is really pained his heart the most; the figure of Sehun getting bandaged on his neck while his right hand got an IV, and the way Sehun pained when he tried to sit but his neck—which was done for a surgery—looked like hurts him a lot.

He can’t help but bites his lips to not cry.

“…you’re a foolish.”

Sehun just silently laughs before writes something on the notebook that given by hospital—he’s not allowed to speak for a day just in case the wound will scratching his vocal cords—and showed it to Jongin. [Do you think I’ll go if I knew they’ll kill me?]

Jongin seated himself beside Sehun’s bed before sighed, “But still—“

The younger writes something before shows it to Jongin again, [Anyway, how did you know that I was there?]

“…my senior who happened to be there called me and he told me that you were kidnapped so… well, here you are now.” Jongin bonk his head to Sehun’s bed. “You don’t know how hurt I was when I saw you like earlier.”

Sehun pokes Jongin’s cheek and shows the notebook to Jongin. […I’m sorry.]

Jongin faces up and hold Sehun’s hand before shook his head, “I should be the one who say sorry. It’s not your fault.” Before Sehun even have a chance to takes the pencil, Jongin kisses Sehun’s temples and smiles, “I’m sorry for everything I has done to you recently. I know I was giving you cold shoulders, but I can’t help it; I was so jealous back then.”

When Sehun was about to open his mouth, Jongin placed his index finger on the younger’s lips and shook his head, “Please don’t. Obey what the doctor told you; I don’t want to see you suffer more.”

Sehun pouts.

“And I’m sorry; I can’t answer you right away back on college.” Jongin caresses Sehun’s hand and continued, “The truth is, I’m scared. I’m scared when you’ll choose her over me, then it’ll be the end for me.” Jongin took a deep breath. “You’ve been a big part of my life and I don’t want to lose you. I know it might sound cheesy on your ears but listen, I can’t live without you. Like, never.”

Sehun sighed before writes something and throw it to Jongin with a silent scoff. [Stop being so cheesy. It’s really unlike you.]

Jongin shook his head. “I’m serious, Sehun.”

[Now you’re being weird.]

“I’m happy to volunteer myself to be your weirdo.”

[Seriously, stop…!]

The older earnestly stares Sehun before spoke, “You know what? Once, I ever thought that we should break up because well, do this kind of relationship really will be work? I don’t really know you and yet we’ve been in relationship almost a half of a year; I felt empty and yet when I wanna know you better, your presence seems preventing me to do so.” He looked down and grip Sehun’s hand tighter, “I always has these kinds of thought too you know, like, what are we?”

Sehun silenced.

“And,” Jongin hold himself to not cry. “I always thought I’ll sacrifice anything for you even it means death for me. Like, I really love you that it hurts me when you’re hurts too.”

[Jongin—]

Before Sehun even finished to writing what he wanted to say, Jongin gently stopped his hands and looks straight on the younger’s face. “Sehun, look at me?”

Sehun blinked before he agreed to do as he told.

“But as long as you’re still alive and smiles like you always do, I’ll be happy too; even if you’re not with me—but not that I’ll allow you haha.”  Jongin smiles brightly and spoke, “So… can you promise me one thing?”

Sehun tilted his head in confusion before mutely murmurs what is it? in silence.

Jongin spoke, “Please promise me that you’ll never leave me?” But the younger only could sighs in disbelief which makes Jongin frowns. “What?” but before he even have a chance to spoke again, Sehun slapped his face with his notebook. “Yah! What are you doing—”

He frowned before took Sehun’s notebook and read it.

[I will even without you telling me, so stop with that teary eyes, I can’t cry along because of my neck you know.]

When he looks up, he found that Sehun was scoffing before pinched his cheek harder which makes him reflexively groans in pain.

Sehun took his notebook away before writes something down on it again and show it to Jongin. [Jongin, listen—no, read, I owe you a lot because you’ve saved my life, so stop feeling guilty and don’t make that face; I’m hurt too. I mean; my neck.]

“Why are you so—” but Jongin blinked when he found an unread sentence in the end of the page and unconsciously read it, “You owe me too…?”

Sehun nodded.

“What kind of owe?”

The younger writes something down on the notebook again and shows it. [When I get discharged of this hospital, you should take me on a trip again, just two of us.]

Jongin sighed before lightly flicked Sehun’s forehead and murmurs, “What kinds of owe is that?”

[Because I want to cry but I can’t cry because of my neck; it’s your entire fault.]

“Okay.” Jongin restrain himself to not pinch Sehun’s cheeks because he afraid it might affect the younger’s wound and he smiles instead. “Get well soon so we can go to a trip.”

Sehun nodded again.

“We’ll share a lot of stories and doing everything we can do.” Jongin smiles anyway. “We’ll spend every second of our time precisely, we’ll create a lot of memories there, we’ll...” He traces his fingertips on Sehun’s cheeks before lightly pokes it. “We’ll treasure the entire moments we have later, just two of us.”

The younger grins before tugs Jongin’s shirt, which confuses Jongin a bit before Sehun makes a heart sign and pointing it at him, with Jongin’s favorite gummy smiles plastered on Sehun’s face.

Jongin can’t help but lean a chaste kiss on Sehun’s lips.

They smiled and Jongin leans closer for one more kiss before murmurs “Get well soon, okay? I’ll come again tomorrow.” and waved his hands to bid a farewell to Sehun.

Sehun grinned and waved back until Jongin gets out of his room.

Jongin closed the door before he leans his back on the door—Sehun’s parents went somewhere and Luhan excused himself because he has important meeting with the professor tomorrow morning—and sighed in frustration before he mess his own hair, feels really stressed out about what happened today.

He needs to do something about Krystal—he can’t let something like this happened on Sehun again, not after he knew that she’s crazy and has possibilities to do more badly on him.

Not that Jongin will allow her to.


To: Byun Baekhyun-hyung
can you help me?

From:  Byun Baekhyun-hyung
what is it?

To: Byun Baekhyun-hyung
do you know who is Krystal?

From: Byun Baekhyun-hyung
you mean, Jung Soojung?

To: Byun Baekhyun-hyung
whatever. can u help me?

From: Byun Baekhyun-hyung
like I typed what is it?

To: Byun Baekhyun-hyung
please does something about her. she was the one who put Sehun in hospital.

From: Byun Baekhyun-hyung
why me?

To: Byun Baekhyun-hyung
you’re one of the kind; I mean, you know how to put someone below the earth, don’t you?

From: Byun Baekhyun-hyung
oh. I got it.  give me 4 days and in exchange, you need to help me.

To: Byun Baekhyun-hyung
to get your best friend as your boyfriend? sure, bring it on.

From: Byun Baekhyun-hyung
then it’s a deal.

To: Byun Baekhyun-hyung
yeap.


Sehun was discharged from the hospital after stayed for a week and a day.

A lot of things happened when Sehun was still in hospital; Sehun’s father teased them how sweet of Jongin for coming everyday and Sehun’s blushes because of it, both of their family—Jongin’s and Sehun’s—finally met and—surprisingly—got along well, Chanyeol’s come over with someone who Sehun knew that he’s the part-time worker on his favorite café and introduced him as his best friend (and Sehun knew that Jongin secretly chuckled of his statement), and Luhan’s noises that bombarded his ears after Jongin left about his wound and such—and left Yixing stared them blank like usual.

Oh well.

At least he’s alive now.

“So, in the end, how’s Krystal?”

They’re in Sehun’s room; his parents left them to Seoul to meet his brothers for three days—and they didn’t forget to tell Jongin to come over and let him to sleepover just in case Sehun being lazybones without them and asked him to take care of Sehun well.

Not that Jongin will let the opportunity pass though. Hah. Figures.

Jongin blinked before looks up to Sehun—he leans his head on Sehun’s laps—and spoke, “What was it?”

Sehun shove Jongin off of his laps and sighed, “I said, in the end, how is Krystal?”

“Oh, she?” Jongin rubs his head because of the pain and replied, “I heard she got arrested with that girl—the one who being matchmaked with you—because of their plan for killing you.”

The younger only murmurs oh okay and sighed.

Jongin sighed before speaks up, “And you know what? To be honest Sulli loves Krystal that she would do anything for her—and Krystal took advantages of it. She’s awful, isn’t she?”

“That was unexpected.”

He nodded, “Hardly.”

And they silenced again before Jongin takes chance to leans his head on Sehun’s laps again.

Sehun just sighed.

“…I hope there won’t be such accident happen again though.” He mourned before silently looks up and stretches his palm to reach Sehun’s neck. “…at least your wound almost healed right?” Jongin traces his fingertips on Sehun’s neck and touch the almost-disappeared scar before murmurs, “…it must be feels really horrible.”

“Do you know how does it feel like? It feels like your neck became jelly and you can’t really feels anything but you can’t help but scream.” Sehun pulled Jongin’s hair in annoyance and pinch his nose bridge. “Like that.”

Jongin whimpered but manages himself to spoke, “Is that what do you feel when you got stabbed on your waist too?”

Sehun’s hand tensed.

“Luhan-hyung told me.” Jongin moves from his position and faces Sehun close. “Do you have reasons why you don’t tell me?”

And Sehun was flabbergasted because of it.

“Well…” Jongin is waiting. “I think because it’s already in past and what do I want to do now is looking forward to the future, so that’s why I’m not telling you.” Sehun solemnly answers and gently grip Jongin’s shoulder. “Besides, you know, I don’t really want to bring it up again because it might make you uncomfortable—and I don’t want that.”

Jongin frowns. “But I don’t mind at all.”

Sehun blinked and spontaneously speaks up, “Why?”

“Because I want to know you better—I want to know everything about you, like, all of your entire life before you meets me.” Jongin grins and leans closer. “I don’t want to lose to Luhan-hyung for knowing you best, that’s it.”

The younger male rolled his eyes, “What a strange greed, seriously.”

But Jongin only grins and kisses Sehun’s cheek without notice in response and commented, “If it’s for you then I’ll happily do anything for it.”

He sighed before face-palmed Jongin’s face away and snorts. “Don’t do that.”

The older whined. “But I miss you!”

“We’ve saw each other everyday you know.” His hand face-palming Jongin further while the older is struggling under his hand. “Besides—”

Jongin suddenly hugs him tight.

Sehun roughly trying to shove Jongin away but instead he hugs him tighter. He sighed before decided to let Jongin do whatever he wants since he knew that Jongin is unstoppable because of his megalomania.

It’s not someone named Kim Jongin if he’s not persistent (and ert, yes).

“Let go of me.” Sehun murmured.

“No.”

“Jongin—”

“I won’t ever let you go again, not anymore.”

Sehun stunned right there, but he manages to get a grip of himself and teases Jongin, “That’s mean I’ll be caged by you and stuck with you forever.”

Jongin grins ear to ear before snuggles on Sehun’s chest, “Sounds great to me.”

“Oh, shoot.”

They just laughed before Jongin began to bring something up about their future trip and Sehun responded enthusiastically and slowly recommending places that he always wanted to go. Sometimes Sehun would frowned of Jongin’s choices but he ended up laughing because it’s Jongin and he’s willing to go anywhere with him as long as he’s on Jongin’s side.

He wants to opened more to Jongin; he wants to know Jongin’s better; he wants to spend his time more with Jongin; he… he wants to be always on Jongin’s side.

Sehun can’t bring himself to not smile when he thought about it.

Thanks to Jongin, he has brighter days that make him always look forward what future brings him to.

Thanks to Jongin, he always has someone who always being patient to be on his side even his harsh tongue sometimes is unpredictable.

Thanks to Jongin, he learns to know that there will be always someone who will wait for you even your life is massively upside downs.

He wants to say all of it, but now is not the right time for him to do it.

“How about we go to Japan?”

Jongin’s question makes Sehun a little taken aback, but he manages to hums in approval and nodded, “Sound’s great to me.”

Jongin smiles before claps his hands and speaks up, “Then we should learn Japanese for now on and… saving our money for it. I heard it’s quite expensive to have a holiday there.”

Sehun nodded and spoke up, “Well, of course it is. Japan is known as the most expensive country to live in after all.” He silenced before continued, “I know Japanese a little though.”

The older male blinked before shook Sehun’s body in enthusiasm. “Are you? Then show me!”

“Then…” Sehun smirks, “Ne, Jongin-kun, kimi wa temasu ka?

Jongin’s face blanked in confusion.

He took the advantage of it and continued to speak, “Boku wa, itsumo kimi ni soba ni naritai desu.” Sehun smirks wider. “Eien ni.

Jongin’s face still blanked before spoke, “What does that mean?”

Sehun’s smirks getting wider before pinched Jongin’s bridge nose and shrugs. “Try to figure it out by yourself.”

“You little…!”

He just laughed before he got tickled on his sides by Jongin while the older male begging him to know what did he mean just now, like, desperately.

Sehun is not going to tell him.

It’s his little secret between him and God.

(He has plans to tell everything about what was he thinking before when they go on a trip later—and he hopes that what was he speaking in Japanese earlier will become true, even if it’s just a little.

Keep it as secret from Kim Jongin, okay?)


Small Glossaries
(my japanese is limited too though lol so sorry if there any mistakes)

Ne, Jongin-kun, kimi wa temasu ka? : Hey, Jongin, did you know?

Boku wa, itsumo kimi ni soba ni naritai desu. : I always wanted to be on your side.

Eien ni. : Forever.


...hello /hides away

i know, based on the poll, their anniversary is the one who got the most votes, but when i think about it, i should make it later since they got together in Christmas Eve. hope you don't mind orz

i don't know what to say anymore orz

maybe spin-off fanfictions of layhan/sudo/baekyeol would be great?