Unpleasant Meeting

Sacrifice

"You may leave now, the princes should be waiting at the main entrance." Krystal said.

"Are you sure? I can stay a little longer and help." Soorin offered.

"Yes, now shoo. You don't want to anger them." Krystal suggested.

"Oh, please. They can't even put a scratch on me." Soorin chuckled. 

"Really? Explain the scar on your cheek." Krystal rolled her eyes folding Soorin's old clothes.

"Ok, fine. Maybe they can put a scratch on me. But, it's only minor. Happy?" Soorin huffed.

"Very, now go." Krystal smiled.

"Ok, Bye." Soorin waved.

"Argh...Why do I have to go too?" Soorin groaned pulling the short skirt's hem lower. It wasn't even at her mid-thighs.

"Nice legs." A voice commented. 

"What do you want, Kai?" Soorin hissed in disgust.

"Can't a prince accompany a princess?" Kai pouted slithering his arm around her waist.

"I am not a princess, I am your guard. Now, remove your hand from my waist before I cut it off." Soorin threatened.

"Woah, 'kay. Chill, girl." Kai said raising his hands in defense. 

"Thank you. Let's get going." Soorin sighed.

"Kai!" Suho called then, breathed a sigh of relief. "Where have you been?!"

"Picking up princess here." Kai shrugged.

"I'm not a princess, I am your guard. Now, let's get going." Soorin sighed.

"You'll be riding a horse...If that's fine with you." Lay said.

"Perfectly fine by me." Soorin nodded. As long as I'm not with you lot. She thought walking towards one of the horses. It was a beautiful snow white stallion, standing tall and gracefully and it immediately caught Soorin's eye.

white horse

"Ah! Miss Soorin! You mustn't use that horse!" A guard called frantically.

"Why's that?" Soorin asked curiously. 

"Ahem...I've been very rude. My name is Kyuhyun." The man bowed in apology.

"Ok, Kyuhyun. How do you know my name?" Soorin frowned not recognizing his face. "Why can I not use this horse?"

"A colleague of mine told me." Kyuhyun replied. "That horse - Jinju - is very very disobedient. She will not listen to any Knight." 

"Jinju, huh. Beautiful name for her." Soorin smiled and walked towards the stallion, ignoring What Kyuhyun had said.

"Hey there, Jinju." Soorin greeted. The horse neighed in a angered manner and trotted backwards a few steps.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you. See?" Soorin said pulling out the dagger from her boot - which, Jinju did not want to see, she neighed angrily - and tossed it aside. "No weapon." She smiled.

Jinju, looking much more calmer than before, trotted closer to Soorin. "That's a good girl..." Soorin smiled raising her hand and waited there. She waited patiently and quietly watching Jinju trot closer and closer and smiled gratefully at her when she felt Jinju's nuzzle her snout against her palm.

"Nothing to be afraid of...Now, will you get your saddle on?" Soorin asked gesturing towards the leather saddle lying next to her dagger. 

Jinju's gaze remained on Soorin then, to the saddle and back to Soorin as if she was contemplating to trust the girl or not. Jinju was about to neigh some sort of response, when Soorin was distracted by something tiny flying towards her.

"Ah, Paemi. Where have you been? I was worried." Soorin asked petting the tiny owl. 

"Quite the animal lover isn't she?" Lay chuckled nudging Suho lightly - who was just as bewildered as everyone else - he once tried to ride Jinju as well, although he - suffered the same fate as everyone else - got thrown off immediately. But, Lay's words went from one ear and out the other, Suho's attention was solely on Soorin, how she handled the animals well and how her face plastered an expression she never showed to any of the princes since her arrival - a real smile.

"So...Are we going? Or are you all just going to keep on staring at me?" Soorin asked picking her dagger and the leather saddle on the floor.

Everyone averted their eyes on something else. Despite being distracted, the girl knew what was going on around her. Dusting some dirt off the saddle, she felt a nudge on the arm. "So? It's a yes?" Soorin asked smiling lightly, Jinju neighed and lowered herself so, Soorin can put the saddle on her.

"You know, Jinju. I noticed you have beautiful sky blue eyes." Soorin noted pulling lightly on the winkers so, that it would be more comfortable. Jinju averted her eyes and stared at the floor, her hoof kicking the dirt lightly and if she were human, Soorin suspected that she would be blushing.

"Ok, let's get moving guys. We don't want the elders to be angry with us, again." Suho suggested climbing on to the carriage along with Lay, Luhan and Sehun.

"You better not cause any trouble." D.O warned as he, Kai, Kris and Tao climbed on to the second one. And that leaves Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Xiumin and Chen on the third carriage.

"Oh dear, I pity you Minseok." Soorin sighed as she watched Chanyeol already bouncing happily.

"Kyuhyun." Soorin called, Kyuhyun stiffened and slowly turned around. "Y-Yes?" He asked.

"You're also on the guard duty, aren't you?" She asked.

"Yes, what about it?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Well, I overheard the captain, I think, speaking how I would be in front and that you'll be in the back. Can we switch?" Soorin asked.

"Well, captain Song would be very angry if we do...I'm Sorry." Kyuhyun apologized. 

"Oh, it's Ok! Don't want the captain wanting my head on the first day." Soorin joked.

"Everyone's on?" Suho called from the front.

"Yes!" The boys chorused.

"Aish...This dress is inconvenient." Soorin muttered, trying to figure out how to get on without flashing her underwear to anyone which was a problem, Jinju was quite tall compared to a normal horse. Apparently, Jinju sensed her discomfort and lowered herself at Soorin's waist.

"Thanks, Jinju." Soorin smiled stepping on the stirrup and sat comfortably on the saddle. "Are you ready?" 

Jinju snorted in response, as if saying 'Please, I was born ready.' Soorin chuckled and checked the gear to see if it was securely on the horse then, the gates opened and left.

"Oh my lord, do those boys not know how to shut up?!" Soorin hissed as she can hear Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Chen's laughter. She turned around to see Kyuhyun trying to shush the boys and looked at the captain - who was riding behind her - suspiciously and shook her head at the thought that he was checking her out.

"My apologies, sir. May I switch positions with Kyuhyun? He seems to have troubles hushing the princes." Soorin requested politely slowing her pace to match the captain 's.

"Of course, make sure Kyuhyun comes over here." The captain , Song Jiron, nodded.

"Yes, sir!" Soorin saluted before slowing her pace even more to fall back to where Kyuhyun is.

"Kyuhyun, switch positions with me." Soorin said.

"Eh? Why?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Captain Song said so. Now move up." Soorin nudged him to move.

"Ok, Ok! I'm going." Kyuhyun sighed and sped up the pace of his horse.

Soorin could barely hear the trotting noises her horse was making over the chatter and laughter of the three princes.

"Yah! You three princes better shut your mouths or I'll throw you out this instance!" Soorin barked slamming her fist against the door of the carriage, where she heard Baekhyun and Xiumin squeak in surprise. 

"K-Kyuhyun? When did you have a sudden boost of confidence and why do you sound like a girl?" Soorin heard Chanyeol ask.

"Idiot, it's Soorin! Now will you be quiet?" Soorin shouted.

"Y-Yes, ma'am!" Baekhyun squeaked.

"Now, behave when we get there or I'll make sure that you sure you won't get home the way you want to." Soorin threatened.

Whether she meant it or not, the three boys quieted down. "Why did I also get threatened? I did nothing!" Xiumin whined.

"Be quiet, hyung! I don't want to die!" Chanyeol whispered.

"It's all your fault! If you weren't laughing like crazy, we wouldn't be in trouble!" Xiumin argued.

"Yah! Did you not hear me? Or do I need to go in there and say it in your face?" Soorin asked.

"Yes, to the first question! And no, to the second!!" Chen replied.

"Then, be quiet! We're almost there!" Soorin yelled but, then realised that they were in a public place and she was yelling. It caused everyone to stare at her, she flushed in embarrassment but, regained composure and put on a poker-face.

"We're here." Soorin knocked on the door of the carriage, as she slowed Jinju to stop.

"We're here!!!" Chanyeol yelled happily hopping out of the carriage and stretched.

"Now, behave yourselves, or else." Soorin warned. When the 3 princes nodded their heads, she smiled and walked off to the captain. 

"Ah, Soorin-ssi. By the King's orders, you will be attending the conference. Please follow behind the princes." A maid greeted allowing passage way through the main entrance.

"Understood." Soorin nodded as she followed behind the princes.

Walking through the halls, the 13 teens halt in front of an huge golden door. When it opened, a man - taller than Suho but, shorter than everyone else - greeted them. "Ah, my 12 favourite nephews! How are you?" 

"Duke Jonghyun, nice to see you. We're doing fine." Suho bowed, along with the 11 princes.

"And who do we have here? What's your name, young lady?" Jonghyun asked.

"Im Soorin, sir." Soorin curtsied. "It's an honor to meet you."

The 12 princes were surprised - well except for Kris - that the girl could have manners like this was amazing. She was always snappy with them.

"And why are you here, Soorin-ssi?" Jonghyun asked.

"The King requested that she attend the meeting as well, she currently serves as our guard." D.O answered.

"This princess, a guard? What is my brother thinking?" Jonghyun exclaimed causing Soorin's eye to twitch in irritation but, kept a small smile on her lips.

"If I don't meet your expectations, I hope in the future that you will see what I can do." Soorin stressed on the words.

"Oh...Baek, Yeol, ChenChen... Why are you guys suddenly so...so...behaved?" Jonghyun asked eyeing the trio oddly.

"You may thank Soorin for that. She was the one who ordered them to shut it." Kai laughed.

"She scared us... You do not want to get her angry." Baekhyun pouted.

"And Sehun! What happened to you? You have another scar on your cheek!" Jonghyun exclaimed.

"Soorin's fault." Sehun grumbled and returned back to his conversation with Luhan.

"Is everything because of this princess here? And anything else I need to know about?" Jonghyun asked. 

"There's also Ch-mph!" Xiumin muffled his statement when Chen covered his mouth. "Nothing! Nothing about me! Nothing at al-EW! Hyung, did you just me?!" Chen whined.

"I couldn't breathe." Xiumin shrugged. "Ewwwwww, hyung! That's unsanitary!" Chen continued whining.

"I thought I told you to behave!" Soorin scolded smacking Chen in the arm. "Ow! I'm sorry..." Chen grumbled, shooting a glare at Xiumin, who smiled back innocently.

"Wow, you're one strange girl." A voice that somehow irritated Soorin commented. "Taemin! Glad you could attend." Jonghyun waved​. Taemin? I heard of him somewhere... Soorin thought, searching through her memory.

"Hey, Jong." Taemin waved back. Soorin turned around to greet him but, she remembered who he is. "Lee Taemin!" She exclaimed, pointing at the teenager.

"Yes? Ah! It's you!" Taemin shouted, pointing back at her. "Do you two know each other?" Jonghyun asked.

"Know him? His parents arranged us to get married when I was 5!" Soorin scoffed. "What?!" Chen exclaimed, then clamped his mouth shut and blushed, hiding behind Xiumin to cover it. "Hey, ain't my fault that they thought you fancy me." Taemin retorted.

"Why would I ever fancy you, when you nearly drowned me. When we just met, huh?!" Soorin yelled accusingly.

"He did what?!" Chen exclaimed, having a sudden surge of anger. While everyone else was dumbfounded of what Taemin did. "I was 7! How am I supposed to know why I did it?" Taemin asked in defense. "You still did it." Soorin retorted.

"Wait, wait, wait, hold up. What's happening here?" Suho asked. "His parents arranged a marriage with him, it was called off because, he nearly drowned me when I was 5." Soorin replied.

"Your parents agreed on it." Taemin shrugged. "Because they thought you were a sweet boy, who wouldn't​ drown their daughter." Soorin scoffed.

"Why are you here anyways? Shouldn't your dad be here instead?" Taemin asked. Soorin flinched at the subject. She managed to act like his death wasn't much to comfort Jaerin but, being reminded of it, hurts. "He's not here." She muttered.

"Oh, is he attending another meeting?" Taemin asked, not getting the hint. "No, he's not here! Don't you get it, Tae?!" Soorin yelled, eyes b with tears. Then, she stomped away, wiping her tears angrily, not wanting to deal with his stupidity.

"He's...dead...? Wait! Rin, I didn't know! Come back!" Taemin called and tried to run after her but, a hand stopped him. "Hyung, I think you've done enough." Chen intervened.

"But-" Taemin complained. "I think Jongdae's right. We may not know her as long as you did but, I think she needs some space." Suho agreed.

"Sehun, go fetch her." Kris ordered. "Why me? Get Chen-hyung to do it." Sehun whined.

"But, I'm asking you." Kris crossed his arms, not liking that Sehun is testing his patience. "Ok, ok...I'm leaving..." Sehun grumbled. "Always because I'm the Maknae isn't it?" He muttered.

"What did you say, Sehun?" Kris asked, raising an eyebrow. "Nothing, hyung!" Sehun replied innocently and jogged off to find Soorin.

"How far could that troublesome girl run off to?" Sehun muttered, looking in all direction possible for Soorin.

"Hey there, princess. Want to come with me?" A man's voice asked, cornering Soorin. "No, let me leave." Soorin replied coldly and was about to walk away when the man took her arm, and pinned her to the wall.

"Sir, let go." Soorin ordered. "Oh come on princess, let's have some fun." The man cooed, his hand travelled towards her inner thigh.

"Captain Song, I don't think the princes would be happy if you touched their personal guard like this." Soorin hissed. "It's my word against yours, who do you think is going to win?" Jiron smirked, moving his hand from under her dress to her chest.

"Don't..." Soorin flinched, suddenly a flow of memories came back. She and Joonhae were out getting groceries when two drunk men molested them. "Don't touch me!" Soorin cried, slapping him away from her. Her arms crossed over her chest, she doesn't want to remember being forcefully kissed and nearly . 

"Don't touch me!" A girl's voice cried, catching Sehun's attention. "That sounds like Soorin..." He mumbled and sped up his walking to a jog then, to a sprint. Once he found the source of the cry, he found Soorin curled up in a corner with a man standing above her. "I don't want to remember...I don't want to remember..." Soorin repeatedly whispered, her hands covering her ears.

Seeing her like that made Sehun's blood boil. "You! What are you doing?!" Sehun demanded. ", it's the Prince." He cursed, hiding his face and ran away. Sehun would've ran after him but, his concern was for the Soorin, who seems to be having a breakdown. "Soorin...Yah, Im Soorin." Sehun called, touching her wrists.

"Don't touch me!" Soorin flinched, whipping her hand away from Sehun. He caught a glimpse of her face before she kept her head down and continued crying silently, it was full of pain and sadness. "Don't touch me..." She repeated. Sehun didn't know what to do, he had no experience with a girl other than the suitors and they tried to act all happy-going and never showed other emotions. Hesitantly, he sat down beside her and pulled her to his chest, her hair gently but, pulled away almost immediately. What the hell am I doing?! He thought, blushing crimson red.

Still sniffling, Soorin looked at Sehun and he saw an expression he never thought that she would plaster on her face. I shoudn't be crying. Soorin scolded herself but, the tears wouldn't stop. She hadn't cried in so long, that the tears built up and now overflowed. She returned her gaze back to her knees and continued sobbing, hoping Sehun would leave her alone.

​But, instead, Sehun draped his arm over her shoulder, making her lean towards him. "I'll wait until you calmed down." He stated, scratching the nape of his neck. And for once, Soorin felt a bit at ease in her new environment. "Thank you." She whispered. Thankfully her gaze was still on her knees or, she would see Sehun blushing until the tips of his ears are red. Now, he only hoped that she didn't hear the beating of his erratic heartbeat.


Ooooooh snap~~~

Sehun is falling!!!!

sorry for the late update!