Prologue

180 Days

 

 

He has been clumsy for his whole life but the fact that he won’t stop bumping into things and causing minor accidents is just ridiculous. It’s probably because he’s just nervous that today would be his first time in substituting a teacher and actually becoming one-not exactly. Sighing, Sehun bends down and starts picking up the pieces of broken glasses that’s laying on the floor carelessly. Maybe he should have just declined the offer and continue living with the way it is because as far as he knows, he’s not that good in starting a conversation which is a necessity in becoming a teacher. to be him. He grabs a plastic bag from the kitchen before putting the broken glasses into it, huffing out of annoyance when he realizes he has half an hour left before school starts. He has no intention of being late for the first day.

Gulping down his already cold milk, he grabs his medicines from the glass bowl placed on the kitchen counter, making sure that they’re the right one before hurrying to the living room where his bag is left at. The last thing he wants is to get reprimand by the Principal of the school for being late. The stares creaks as he descends from it, flashing a small smile at one of the tenants, an old lady who is well known to be one of the oldest tenant in the apartment and loves gardening. Even her apartment is filled with various types of flowers, lots of them that even Sehun couldn’t see the end of it. While waiting for the bus, Sehun takes the chance to read the information about the school that he’s about to be at for at least half of the year. He makes a mental note to not embarrass himself on the first day and to not get on the students’ bed side. That would be horrendous.

It’s unlikely of him to be this giddy because of something. Truth to be told, he has never been interested in anything apart from living and ignoring the pity looks that people have been giving since he was born. He doesn’t need them nor does he care. Even his parents don’t seem to care about it. It’s fine. He’s fine. When the bus come to a stop, he quickly shoves the file into his bag- being slightly careful not to get it crumpled- and board the bus. So far, nothing has happened and he thank god for that. As the bus slowly reaches his destination, he feels himself shaking due to nervousness and he doesn’t know what’s worse, either it’s obvious he’s sweating crazily or because his legs are shaking like an earthquake is taking place beneath his feet. The reason why he absolutely hates his weak body.

He slightly sways to his left when the driver put some pressure on the break pedal. Sehun knows there’s nothing to be afraid of and this is just like a training in making him a better teacher, but, he just couldn’t help it. What if something bad happens? What if they think he’s a freak? Most of all, what if they found out about his illnesses? Clutching his bag strap tightly, Sehun musters up his courage and takes a deep breath before he gets out of the bus and heads for the school which is just across the street. “Here it goes.”