Prologue and The Beginning

Untitled to You

Prologue

 

“Do you think we’ll make good Kings?” Ask little Luhan to the younger Prince of Koquenn.

 

The little Prince turned to Luhan, on a block of wood. He tried to smile around the object but, when he found he couldn’t he plucked it out. He then truly smiled.

 

“Yessss hyung. We’ll be good Kings.” The Prince of Koquenn replied. “But hyung, do you love me? Mama says we should love one another. Do you think so too?”

 

Luhan turned a light shade of pink as he saw their chaperons giggling at the youngers question.

 

Love. What is it? How can I know? Luhan thought to himself.

 

“I swear to protect you Prince, that’s my duty. Love comes second.” Was Luhan’s reply.


 

The  Beginning

{Unedited}

 

The white, sheer cotton curtains billowed in the wind.The scent of sea salt crisp in the air. The tall cathedral like windows filtered much of the light. A slim figure stood in the room. His hands tucked deep into his cotton pants. His eyes scanned the holographic display on the back wall of the Office chamber. Though his eyes were focused on the display before him, with the words “Transfer Day” blinking in bold font, his mind was elsewhere.

Luhan’s body hummed with uncertainty, uneasiness and nervousness. So much was about to change. His younger brother Kris, himself and half the court would be traveling to Koquenn. Luhan was finally of age, finally turned 20, was to marry the Prince of Koquenn due to their agreement of the nations trade policy. He had been preparing for this day since he could remember.

A light tap brought Luhan to the present, “My Grace, we are ready for transport.” Lay, one of Luhan’s men in waiting relayed.

Luhan gave one last look to his office. He won’t return here for at least a full year after his marriage. As he crossed the threshold, Lay attached a locking device to the french doors of Luhan’s office.

“The code your Grace.” Lay softly said, indicating towards the device. Luhan pushed a few buttons and the deviced read “Locked” in blinking, red letters.

 

“Pardon in me asking your Grace, but are you alright?” Lay asked, as he guided Luhan to the private Bullet Train  terminal of the Palace.

 

Luhan looked over to Lay, “I don’t know Lay, I guess I’m just nervous.”

 

Lay gave Luhan a sympathetic smile, “It will be over soon.” was Lay’s simple comforting reply.

 

Luhan sure hoped so.

 

***

 

The quick arrival at Koquenn was unexpected and for several minutes Luhan and his court had to wait in the train so that the Koquenn court could arrange themselves.

 

Lay was irritated at the low grade, unprofessionalism they had arrived to. He kept writing down notes on his INN Pad. Something Luhan was use to by now. Lay did that so he could keep track of Luhan’s schedule with every little detail being accounted for if ever need be.

 

Finally, the shutter doors of the bullet train opened to reveal a small guard with a message to the King of Moira. Lay intercepted the guards and took the Pad to Luhan. He pressed play, as a man and woman welcomed him and his court to the Palace of Koquenn. They had excused themselves for the unpreparedness of his welcoming but if he so pleased, he was welcome to the palace at any moment escorted by their guard.

 

Luhan handed the Pad back to Lay and he squared his shoulders. “Tell them I will enter now.” Lay looked at Luhan with an encouraging smile.

Surrounded by guards, Luhan and his court walked silently to down the tunnel to the private terminal entrance, from there Luhan and Lay were transported to a holding room separate from the rest of the court.

“What do you suppose we’re doing here, why aren’t we with the rest of the court?” Asked Luhan nervously.

Lay chuckled, “It’s alright my Grace. My understanding is that for a brief moment you will meet your fiance’s parents and your fiance himself.”

“Oh.”

Almost silently there was tap on the door. Luhan’s heart was beating too loudly to have been able to hear it, but with  Lay’s expert hearing, he opened the door just an inch and for the first time Luhan felt his blood boil.

A pair of dark chocolate brown eyes bore into his light brown eyes. Plush, pink lips were set a soft frown and all of it was adorned with a dark halo made of hair.

“Your Grace…”

“Yes?” Luhan answered, unaware of is quizzical expression.

“Well seems like our Kings are distracted by one another.” Said an older looking man. The woman beside him was flushing a shade of pink.

“Your Grace these are our trade partners, and your future Parents in Law.” Lay said softly.

“Pardon me,” Luhan said, bowing deeply. The present King and Queen bowed respectfully back. “I am Prince Luhan of Moira, at your service.”

Luhan looked up to see the other boy bow, he then looked up and spoke for the first time. “I am Prince Kai of Koquenn and your future King."


Author's Note: Hehehe, yes I am doing this. I think all writers go through this horrible thing were the fingers and brain unite against their common sense and write things without finishing other stories. *sigh* Do you like King Kai and King Luhan?

-XOXO

Ps. Please upvote this baby....