The...The Admin Office?

Let's Not Stay Friends

    With one last evil laugh, she released her arms and finally let go of the dying llama suffocating between her toned arms. For someone as petite as Luna, she had the strength of a bulldozer. The things they made you do in dance classes.

    Amber panted dramatically with her hands on her knees, "Thank. God."

    "Aww, it seems like you didn't enjoy my welcome hug much," Luna teased, puckering her lips together.

    "Trust me, I didn't," Amber straightened her back while caressing her neck, "Where are the rest, anyway?"

    Luna turned her head around, scanning for their friends who were still nowhere in sight. "I have no idea. They were like, right behind me seconds ago-"

    "YAH, FRIEND! IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG!" A familiar voice boomed and before Amber could react, she felt an all-too familiar sensation on her shoulders.

    Oh, no. Not again.

    And just like that, in a short period of two minutes, she has successfully been hugged, or strangled, depends on how you look at the situation, by people whom she had referred to as "friends". Now she understood why her schoolmates were acting all dramatic with one another. It wasn't an act, it was because they legitimately missed their friends, just like how Amber had missed her crazy, physically abusive buddies.

    She grinned at her friends who now surrounded her, forming a small circle with her at the center. She opened to say something but was immediately interrupted by her sometimes hyperactive friend, Sulli.

    "Oh, my god. Did you guys know that they added some new stuff into the cafeteria menu?" Her eyes went wide with excitement as she jumped up and down and turned around the group,making sure that every single one standing in the circle were listening to her, "I heard they switched the head lady in-charge of the cafeteria and now we have beef burgers that are made of actual beef, like, actual edible beef! And, and there's this new side dish to-"

    Shaking his head, Key put a finger to Sulli's lips, "No, honey, no. If you keep thinking about food like you do, it won't be long before you're dragged back to those dance lessons with Luna, and we all know just how much you adore those, don't we, guys?"

    All of us nodded our heads in agreement and laughed when we saw how gigantic Sulli's eyes became and how it was filled with fear. Fear of going back to dancing with Luna.

    "Oh no, no, no, NO. No to the dance lessons with Luna," Sulli shook her head and waved her hands rapidly at us, "Sorry, Luna, dancing was fun, but dancing with you is a totally different story,"

    Luna shrugged, "Not my fault you can't catch up with the moves."

    "I know," Sulli groaned, "But the instructor is way, way, way too intimidating, and then you're intimidating and it was so tiring. One dance lesson felt like a week in military school."

    "And that is why I can afford to talk and think about food while you can't," Luna poked her finger at Sulli's forehead and lightly pushed it backward.

    "Why talk and think about food when you can just eat it?"

     All at once, everyone turned their heads toward the source of the voice 

    "VIC?" They said simultaneously, clearly surprised at the ex-senior who just walked into the group.

    She cocked her head to the side and grinned at us through her bangs which had obviusly grown over the holidays.

    "So, how are my children doing?"

 

.................................................................

 

 

Krystal's POV

    She walked into the school hall for the second time of the day, and twice she has already been annoyed by it. First, it had to be those dying pack of cats meowing over their stupid high school idol, then there she was again in the same place, but instead of dying cats, she now had groups and groups of circus freaks. Well, they weren't exactly circus freaks, but Jesus, with the way that they were jumping around from one friend to another, you'd think that they were in some sort of circus skit.

    I get it, you guys miss your pals but self-control isn't a lot to ask for, is it?

    She told herself that she wasn't just saying that because she was alone and very much lonely, but seriously, why do people have to act so dramatic with one another? Life can cut it out with its dramatics because Krystal was sick and tired of it. She was tired of having to put up an act of being the perfect daughter, the perfect younger sister, the perfect friend. She was tired of being perfect.

    Coming to Korea, of all places, might have been her one-way ticket to freedom; a chance to finally let her crawl out of her made-believe shell and become the person she was born to be--- a . 

    It honestly wasn't that big of a deal. Krystal had come to terms long ago about the fact that she was nothing short of an ice queen. If she could help it, she wouldn't let anyone break down her walls, not easily at least. The last person who had done that, well, she didn't like to think about it too much because as soon as she did, it became all that she could think of.

    She hated herself for being so vulnerable towards thoughts that roamed around her head freely. She hated herself for being unable to grasp on the concept of self-control when it came to this. She hated it because it was the only thing that could ever break her down to her core, ridding her off the icy tittle she had come up with.

    Stop. Thinking. About. It.

    She jerked her head back up from the ground when a voice boomed over the speakers in the school hall. From then on, the ceilings of the hall were filled with the principal's authoritative voice as he gave his "Welcome Back To School" speech and explained the few essential school rules.

    Stop. Thinking. About. Kai.

    As much as Krystal had wanted to throw all of her attention towards the headmaster of the school standing at the podium, she couldn't. Her mind would always find a way to drift back into the darker part of her memory, the one she had wanted, and tried so hard to hide away. 

    "To the students mentioned, please head to the administration office after the assembly- Amber Liu and Krystal Jung."

    Wait, what?

    "I repeat, to the students mentioned, please head to the administration after the assembly- Amber Liu and Krystal Jung," the lady at the P.A system repeated, knocking some wind into the head of Krystal and a certain blonde senior surrounded by a group of friends.

 

.................

My POV

    After the P.A announcement, students were already making their way out of the school hall, squeezing past one another as they walk out the doors of the hall. However, amidst the fast-moving crowd, a female student remained stationary with her group of friends while at the other side of the school hall, someone was left standing there as well, her brain unable to process whatever that she has just heard.

    "Amber and Crystal. Crystal and Amber. Is it just me or is the admin office having some sort of showcase for precious rocks?" The blonde guy, known as Henry joked. 

    He raised both his eyebrows in excitement, hoping that his mates would get the joke but he was returned with confused and annoyed looks instead.

    He dropped his jaw as he looked from one friend to another, "Seriously? Guys, listen. Crystal. And. Amber."

    "Crystal," he moved his hands around the air, "Amber," he moved them again. He motioned to the rest, beckoning them to nod in agreement but was disappointed once again.

    Turning to the other blonde of the group, he decided to give it another shot.

    "Amber! You get it, don't you? The precious rocks and all?"

    Nothing. Nada. There wasn't even a slightest reaction from his friend. Everyone laughed and mocked Henry for his lame as hell joke, telling him that he should never consider becoming a comedian as he would end up broke and homeless in the end.

    Everyone, with the exception of a certain tomboy who was still lost in her own train of thoughts, but she wasn't alone, for there was someone else in the school at the moment who was also lost in thought, but little did they know that the exact same strain of thought was being shared among the both of them, almost as if they were twins, or soulmates.

    The...the admin office?