The Mask of My Own

JUST LET IT BE

It was 7.45 in the morning. 15 minutes before the class started. I was chatting with my gergorous friends, Im Yoona the school queenka, Choi Sooyoung the top model and Kim Hyoyeon the dancing queen. They are very popular in my school and I am happy to be in their group. Am I?

Yeah, to be in a group of popular students is a prestigious spot. It means I can pass this period of school just as I wish and not be bullied all the time like what I got when I was in Junior High. But, sometimes I questioned myself, am I happy? I may be not bullied, but I have to act like somebody else all the time. And I’ve already tired of my own mask. I have to pretend I have the same idea with them when actually I don’t think so. But, what else I can do? If I show them my true self I am afraid the will leave me and I will be alone again. It means I will be the object of bullying just like my past. Call me lame. Call me coward. I don’t mind. I just don’t wanna be left alone and bullied over the time. So, I am better put on the mask of my own.

“Aaahhh, it’s ! How could I be so blind that I didn’t notice him cheated on me since a month ago,” Yoona started whining.

“Relax Yoong, it’s not a big deal I think,” Sooyoung calmed her.

“How can it’s not a big deal? My boyfriend cheats on me and you say it’s not a big deal?” Yoona seemed annoyed.

“Didn’t you also have some dates with other guys weeks ago?” Hyoyeon questioned her.

“Well, it... it was just for fun,” Yoona muttered.

“See, I am sure Taecyon won’t let you break with him because of this matter. So, you can take advantage of this situation. You can ask him to buy you that brand new bag which you want so badly, but you can’t effort it,” Sooyoung suggested.

“Wow, that’s cool Soo... I can tell Taecyon it’s the condition if he still wanna be my boyfriend. Hahaha.... you are the best Soo, right Yuri-ah,” Yoona asked me.

“Well, I guess so, “I faking a smile.

Truth is, I don’t think that it is good to take advantage of our boyfriend’s mistake. But, I just have to agree it.

“So Yuri-ah, how is your relationship with Donghae? Eunhyuk oppa told me that you and Donghae didn’t meet this week and Donghae seems upset,” Hyoyeon asked me out of the blue.

“I... I... we are okay Hyo.. I just have a lot of duties from my club so I couldn’t meet him often lately. But don’t worry I’ll make it up soon,”I lied.

I didn’t meet him because I didn’t want to. I am not comfortable around him. I feel like he’s only using me. He only likes my body, not me myself. But, again, I have to bear it. He is Eunhyuk’s best friend. And Eunhyuk is Hyoyeon’s boyfriend. If I mess up with him it means I have to deal it with Hyoyeon too. And that’s the thing that I won’t do.

“Good. You know that Donghae and Eunhyuk oppa is close friend right? I don’t wanna you disappoint him, cause if you do it means you hurt Eunhyuk and me too,” Hyoyeon reminded me.

“Don’t worry Hyo, Yuri won’t do that. Right Yuri-ah?” Sooyoung smile at me.

“Y... yess,” I faking a smile, again.

Bammmm!!!

“Hahahahahaha...”

I heard everybody laughed and saw Xiumin fell. He tried to stand and collect his books. Honestly, I wanted to help him, but if I did I will be bullied also.

“Xiumin-ah why are you so careless? How if your book hit me? You dare to hurt me?” Hyoyeon shout at him.

“So..so..sorry I don’t mean to. Somebody push me and I fall. I am really sorry,” Xiumin pleaded.

“It is O.K. Xiumin-ah. You don’t have to apoligize. It’s not your fault.”

“Kris-ah why do you help him? And how can you say it’s not his fault?” Hyoyeon became impatient.

“Chill girl, Xiumin already told you that he was pushed right? So I don’t think it’s his fault. You just extended a small thing. His books didn’t event hit an inchi of yours. Let’s go Xiumin-ah,” Kris left.

“Aaargh, why did he ruin it? How dare he insulted me and helped that stupid nerd?” Hyoyeon said angrily.

“Calm Hyo, you better don’t mess up with Kris if you don’t want to regain more antis from his fan girls. You know he is quiet popular in our school,” Yoona remind her.

“Fine. I will let him now, but I can’t bear if he dates one of you girls. I am AGAIN it. I can’t let my friends dating the boy that insulted me,” Hyoyeon declared.

“Araso.... araso. Beside we already have boyfriend right girls?”Sooyoung calmed her.

“Yesss!”

“Yuri-ah... Yuri-ah?” Yoona tapped my soldier to wake me up of my own mind.

“Y..yes. I am alright,” I said nervously.

“You seem day dreaming. What are you thinking about?” Sooyoung asked me.

“I.. I just thinking of where will Donghae take me this afternoon. He said he will pick me up after school,” I lied.

Actually, I am thinking about Kris. I have crush on him since the first time I saw his eyes and smile in the welcoming ceremony last year. I was lost and I didn’t know where the hall is back then. And he, just like in any other drama, came as my savior and walked me to the hall. Once we arrived he just smiled and left to his line. I didn’t have chance to say thank cause I was too nervous that time. But his smile, his eyes have captured my heart. But now, I have to forget him I think. Hyoyeon hates him and he is forbidden from me. Oh GOD, should I still put on the mask on my own and forget the love of my life? Life is sure hard.

 

 

 

 

A.N.

Mianhae my beloved readers,

I don’t think I can’t make it in a chapter only. I was going to make a oneshot but my words keep flowing. So, I’ll make it twoshots instead. Hehehe...

I am really sorry, please bear it and give me your comment...

Saranghae <333