Part 2 (Finale)

We'll Be Counting Stars

 

*Warning*: Character Death

 

 

To say Kyuhyun was angry after Yesung told him he had anemia, was an understatement. Kyuhyun was furious as he stormed out of the hospital with a pouting Yesung following close behind. It took a lot of aegyo whining and sniffling from Yesung before Kyuhyun finally started acknowledging the smaller male, allowing him to snuggle into his long, strong arms happily.

Kyuhyun was never one to get angry or hold a grudge for long, especially not when Yesung was around to pout and make adorable faces in apology.

Eventually, the both of them were finally back onto the path of being a happy and perfect couple they were.
Although Kyuhyun was very wary and cautious of Yesung’s every move, Yesung still at least had his freedom of frolicking around with a camera in hand and a grin on his face.

Their relationship carried on for another two months and their bond had been nothing but strengthening with every second they are together, or every smile they send to each other.

Yesung didn’t know exactly when he had actually started falling in love with Kyuhyun. It was possible that he had actually loved the younger from the beginning, but had just buried all those feelings, afraid to confess.
Every time Kyuhyun’s touch barely ghosts over Yesung’s skin, Yesung could feel his own heart rate pick up and thump loudly against his chest as a light shiver racks his body. A simple, small kiss from Kyuhyun was enough to leave Yesung more than just light-headed, and if the kiss is more than just a light peck, let’s just say Yesung’s not on earth anymore.

While Yesung was still in his own world, trying to sort out his true feelings, KyuHyun was struggling with his own troubles.

“Cho Kyuhyun.” Mr. Cho said sternly.

“Y-Yes father.” Kyuhyun stammered quietly, standing awkwardly in the center of his office. Kyuhyun never see’s his father much, once on every blue moon, so if he was actually here, in his office, then it must mean they have important matters to discuss.

“May I ask, what I have raised you up for?”

“To…To uh…” Kyuhyun stammered aimlessly for a moment. He honestly didn’t know actually. He wasn’t born, like any other family, for him to earn money for their family since heck; they have more than enough money. “To…. Take…..after…..your heritage?” The boy said hesitantly.

“And what would I like after that, my son?”

A confused look crossed over Kyuhyun’s handsome features as he thought hard. But when he realized what his father wanted, his expression darkened and he visibly cringed at the idea before muttering under his breath: “To have another heir.”

“That’s right, Kyuhyun. And may I ask who you are currently infatuated with right now?”

The boy felt his heart sink to the bottom of his stomach at that question and his gaze fell down to the floor as dread took over his whole body. “It’s not infatuation, father.” He muttered, knowing that it wasn’t a foolish, one-sided love and nor was it a short-lived crush.

“Then what is it.” The elder snapped.

Kyuhyun opened his mouth to contort, but quickly clenched his jaw close again when his eyes met his father’s cold glare.

“I want you to break up with him as soon as possible, Kyuhyun. Your mother’s friend has a lovely daughter only a year younger than you. I do not want to see you around the other boy anymore, do you understand me?”

“But father—“

Do you understand me, Cho Kyuhyun?!”

“Y-yes, father. I understand.”

 

That was exactly one week ago, and yet Kyuhyun hasn’t done anything about it.
Instead, he was now lying on the grass in the lush green meadows with Yesung’s head resting lightly on his chest as Kyuhyun his dark hair absent-mindedly, staring up at the clear blue sky.

“Kyuhyun?” Yesung said quietly, shifting a little so he was able to look up at the other. He had noticed that Kyuhyun has been off in his own little world today, not talking much, let alone actually focus on something right.

When the younger didn’t seem to hear Yesung, the elder reached up with one hand and rested it lightly against the other side of the boy’s chest, the side he wasn’t lying on lightly. “Kyuhyun-ah.” He repeated, digging his fingers into his chest softly.

“Hm? Wha--?”Kyuhyun said suddenly, snapping out of his dazed state to gaze down at Yesung questioningly. “What is it, babe?” he asked.

“Is something bothering you?” Yesung asked softly, shifting again so their faces were only a few inches apart.

“Me? No, I’m fine. Why are you asking?” Kyuhyun said softly, turning over a little himself so they were both on their sides, facing each other.

“You’ve been awfully quiet today.” Yesung whispered, pressing a chaste kiss to the younger’s soft lips.

“I’ve just been….thinking. Don’t worry.” Kyuhyun smiled, reaching up with one hand to the side of the elder’s face lovingly.

“About what? You’re not this quiet most of the time. It’s scaring me.” The elder muttered, snuggling into the palms of the younger’s hands.

“Nothing you should fret about so much.” Kyuhyun said, tapping the smaller male’s nose lightly. “It’s just I’ve been testing a lot in school lately.” He lied.

“Testing?” Yesung asked. “Then shouldn’t you be studying right now?”

“Trying to get rid of me already, Jongwoon?” Kyuhyun smirked, ruffling the elder’s raven black hair lightly, teasingly.

“N-No!” Yesung said immediately, a deep blush rising up to his cheeks. “Th-That’s not what I meant…..”

“I was just kidding, baby.” Kyuhyun chuckled in amusement, kissing the elder softly before pulling away to sit up and stretch.

Yesung slapped the boy’s chest half-heartedly as he sat up with a pout.

Kyuhyun laughed softly and hugged the elder from behind, spreading his legs a little so they were on either side of the elder, pressing his lips lightly to the nape smaller male’s pale neck, kissing it softly.

Yesung smiled happily and snuggled into his warm embrace as he leaned back comfortably, gently taking one of the boy’s hands, playing with the long fingers.

Kyuhyun’s other hand rubbed small, soft circles upon the elder’s flat stomach as he lightly grazed his teeth along the pale column, nipping at the milky white skin, wanting to leave his own mark.
But he knew he couldn’t, considering that Yesung had hemophilia.

Yesung smiled, knowing what Kyuhyun wanted, but he couldn’t allow the younger to do that so he just turned his head a little and kissed the younger lightly on the lips. It was soft and sweet, nothing more.

“Jongwoon?” Kyuhyun said quietly after pulling away from the kiss, adjusting the other a little in his arms as the elder looked back up at him questioningly. “How much….how much do you like me?” Kyuhyun asked.

“That’s an odd question.” Yesung frowned, letting out a small, uneasy laugh.

“Answer me. Please?”

“Why? Why are you asking me this? Are you feeling alright?” Yesung said, pressing a small hand to the boy’s forehead in concern.

“No, I’m perfectly fine.” Kyuhyun sighed, gently pulling the other’s hand away. “Just answer me. How much do you like me?”

“Kyuhyun-ah, you’re acting weird. Why are—“

“Jongwoon please.” KyuHyun begged, reaching up with both hands to cup the elder’s face softly in his hands, forcing him to look up at him.

“I-I like you a lot, KyuHyun-ah.” Yesung stammered, a little frightened by the younger’s behavior. “I like you.”

The younger relaxed a little after Yesung answered and pulled the smaller male in for a tight hug, burying his face against the elder’s neck.

“I love you, Jongwoon-ah. I love you so much.” KyuHyun whispered softly, clutching the elder close.

Yesung just sighed quietly and reached up to rub the boy’s back in comfort, pressing a soft, chaste kiss to his temple.

Something’s definitely wrong.

Very wrong.


Ever since that day when Kyuhyun seemed to be a little troubled, Kyuhyun has been nothing but distant to Yesung.
He still hangs out with the elder often during the weekends, but he was not as chatty anymore. He wasn’t as loving, caring and intimate. KyuHyun had stopped talking about random stuff that usually entertains the elder very much, let alone give Yesung a small hug or kiss.
One day, Yesung finally couldn’t stand the cold shoulder and confronted the boy.

“Kyuhyun-ah.” Yesung said, half jogging to catch up to the taller male who was taking quite long strides as they walked through the forest. “Kyuhyun-ah, what’s wrong? Why are you ignoring me so much?” Yesung asked, grabbing the younger’s upper arm quickly to halt his movement.

When the younger didn’t give any answer and just shrugged Yesung’s hand off before walking away again, Yesung finally snapped. “Cho Kyuhyun!”

Kyuhyun finally came to a stop and turned to give the elder a somewhat annoyed look. “What?!” he said sharply, not bothering to hide the irritated tone in his voice.

“Wh-Why are you ignoring me?” Yesung asked quietly in a small, timid voice, losing the boldness he had just a moment ago. He was never one to really raise his voice, let alone be straightforward and strong.

“I’m not ignoring you.” Kyuhyun grunted, turning back around to walk again.

“But Kyu-ah, you’ve been so distant.” Yesung said, quickly wrapping his arms around the taller male’s torso to hold him in place from behind, pressing his face tightly between his shoulder blades.

“I……no, no I haven’t.” Kyuhyun said softly, relaxing slightly in the elder’s delicate hold. I mean, this is Yesung we are talking about; adorable, kind and cuddly Yesung. Who wouldn’t coo and melt under the sweet and caring side of him?

“Yes you have.” Yesung said quietly, looking up at the younger sadly. It hurt for Yesung to see that there is something bothering Kyuhyun, more than Kyuhyun ignoring him.

“Don’t be ridiculous, Yesung-ah. Since when have you started caring about me?” The boy sighed as he turned around and gently wrapped his arms around the elder’s petite waist, pulling him in close.

An offended and hurt look crossed over Yesung’s face when the boy said that, and pulled back up too look up at the boy. “S-Since we started dating?”

“Really? I haven’t noticed I guess then.” Kyuhyun chuckled as if he found this offending conversation entertaining, reaching up to the elder’s cheek lightly with his thumb.

Yesung cringed away from the soft touch. Although the touch was gentle and light, it was fake; a fake gesture of kindness.

“Sorry?” Yesung said hesitantly, unsure how to respond. It was true that Yesung might’ve not shown that he cared for the boy, but he definitely did worry and care about Kyuhyun’s well-being.

“Tell me, then, how much do you like me?” Kyuhyun asked, taking the elder’s face in both of his hands, gently tilting his face up so they were staring directly at each other.

“Kyuhyun, not this again?” The elder said nervously, trying to turn his head away.

“Tell me, Kim Jongwoon, tell me….” Kyuhyun purred, but Yesung still caught the demanding tone in his voice.

“I……Kyuhyun-ah, I love you.” Yesung stammered, his small fingers clutching at the front of Kyuhyun’s shirt on his chest. “I love you, Kyuhyun, but why do I have to say it out loud for you to understand? Do you not trust me?”

Kyuhyun suddenly started laughing, causing Yesung to pull away, slightly offended again, but mostly frightened of the boy by now.

“You love me?” Kyuhyun said between fits of laughter. “How? I mean like, seriously? You actually fell for me?!”

Yesung’s brows furrowed together in utter confusion as he took another step back from the taller male. “Wh-What do you mean…?”

“You actually thought that I was taking you seriously?! You’re not eve suspicious at all how I had already made a move on the first day I’ve met you?” Kyuhyun smirked, leaning casually back against a tree now that he’s finally stopped laughing by now.

“Kyuhyun?”
The words hurt.
A Lot.
Of course Yesung had fallen for him, what else did Kyuhyun expect?

“You thought that I love you the whole time? Games, Kim Jongwoon, I love them. Do you think that someone like me, with so much potential, be with a little waiter that works at a small café? You’re cute, yeah, I’ll admit to that, but you’ll never be at the same level as me, Yesung.”

“Kyuhyun, what are you saying?” Yesung said quietly, his voice cracking as tears threatened to fall, blurring his vision as he took another hesitant step back. “Why are you doing this to me? What have I done wrong?”

“It’s not what you have done, it’s what you are.” Kyuhyun said with a sneer.

A small sob escaped the smaller male’s throat and he quickly clamped a hand over his mouth to stifle the other’s that threatened to escape as a tear also found its way out, trickling slowly down his cheek. “Why, Kyuhyun?” he said, but it came out barely above a whisper. “Why?”

“I can’t believe I’ve actually spent a whole 7 months just to hear those three, simple words from you. Took you long enough.” Kyuhyun said, straightening back up as he rolled his eyes in an annoyed way. “I would’ve been hitting up on someone that’s actually worth my time. Do you know how boring it gets after spending so much time with you? To just sit around and watch you take pictures and then hang out in random, middle-class cafés? It gets tiring, Jongwoon, don’t you know? You—“

A lard slap resonated throughout the quiet meadow as Kyuhyun stumbled back, stunned from the hard impact across his cheek, his eyes wide in shock.

“You bastard!” Yesung spat, refusing to let anymore tears fall. He couldn’t show Kyuhyun that he was weak. “You think it’s fun to play with someone’s life?! To play with one’s heart?!”

A single small chuckle of amusement left Kyuhyun’s lips as he tasted the undeniable tinge of copper of his blood on the inside of his cheek. “Yes, I do, actually. Us rich people, having nothing else better to do. We could get anything,” Kyuhyun said with a sweep of his arms around him to emphasize the word. “Because we have the money. But you, you little lower class people, are a bit more than just stubborn. It entertains me to play with someone like you.” Kyuhyun grinned, but the way he grinned was almost sinister as he took a step closer to the elder and roughly grabbed his chin, jerking his face upwards.

“ you.” Yesung growled, jerking his face back out of the boys grasp.

“You really thought that I loved you, didn’t you? Don’t think so highly of yourself, Kim Jongwoon. You’re just mere dirt beneath my feet. I only loved you as an entertaining toy.” Kyuhyun snapped coldly. “You are nothing to me anymore, Kim Jongwoon, and I hope I never have to see you again.”

That finally knocked Yesung out of place and he lowered his head in utter disappoint and betrayal at the younger, turning his head to even look away from Kyuhyun’s expensive Jeremy Scott’s.

Kyuhyun smirked and straightened back up again. “Goodbye, Jongwoon. I would say it was nice meeting you, but then I’d be lying. I never loved you, and never will.” And with those last words of ‘farewell’, Kyuhyun turned around to walk away and leave the forest.
To leave all those memories.
To leave all this pain of love.

As Kyuhyun turned, he could feel the pain of his beating heart stop and tear to pieces.
His Jongwoon, his amazing Jongwoon is suffering because of him.

The boy wanted nothing but to run back and pull the elder tightly into his arms as he rained delicate kisses upon his lover’s beautiful face, whispering soft, but genuine apologies and ‘I Love you’s’.
But he can’t.

Not with his father’s reputation and pride in the way.
It was because of Kyuhyun’s father that brought such a horrible fate between the two lovers. But Kyuhyun was also trying to protect Yesung.

Kyuhyun knew what his father is capable of doing, lawyer or not.
His father will do anything to keep his pride and reputation up going, going even past the limits and commit crimes.

Before Kyuhyun even made it out of the forest, he felt and saw the elder run past him, holding back all those tears of pain and betrayal.

The young boy’s heart wrenched as the elder ran from him, getting further and further away by each second.
That’s when Kyuhyun finally snapped.
He didn’t want to lose Yesung this way. He shouldn’t be going through this.
He deserved at least some sort of explanation towards his behavior right?
Not a moment later, Kyuhyun found his body responding to the broken pieces of his heart and not his mind.

“JongWoon!” he called out as the elder was about to run across the isolated road as the walk signal blinked from across the road.

He was about to call out again when he finally noticed that something seemed out of place and suspicious.
The roads here in Seoul are never this isolated.

“Jongwoon!” Kyuhyun called out again, this time in worry.
Little did he know that it was a little too late to do anything as a black car approached from around the corner, fast.

Everything happened in a blur, and when Kyuhyun finally realized the situation, he was on his knees, clutching his lover’s small, bloody hands to his chest. He begs, he begs for the other to hold on longer.

“I’m sorry,” he whimpers, dragging the bloody body closer as he hears the distant sounds of a siren approaching.

“I’m so sorry…”


“It’s your fault! It’s your entire fault!” The smaller screamed at the man who was sitting in a corner of the emergency waiting room.

“Ryeowook, stop. He didn’t mean to, I’m sure of it.” Donghae said, reaching forward quickly to restrain the other from attacking the brunette who looked broken enough already, crouching there in the  corner looking delirious as he rocked back and forth with his hands holding his head, muttering Yesung’s name over and over again, covered head to toe in blood.

“Yesung will be….he’ll be alright. He’s strong.” Donghae whispers.

Ryeowook opens his mouth as if ready to shout something again, but finally closes it when Donghae gave him a stern look, choosing to shoot a glare at the broken man in the corner and stormed off to wait for news, angry tears making their out of his eyes.

“Hey, Kyuhyun, it’ll all be okay. Yesung will make it through, okay?” Donghae said, stepping forward towards the other and puts a gentle arm over his shoulders, rubbing his back comfortingly, but Kyuhyun wasn’t aware of his surroundings, burning in his own devastated world.

After several long hours, a doctor finally came out, Ryeowook immediately rushing forward, anticipating the news.

“Mr. Kim Jongwoon is stable now after many blood transfusions. But he’ll be unconscious for a few days as his body tries to adjust. He’ll need to stay at the hospital for a few months so we could be aware of his situation 24/7.”

Both Donghae and Ryeowook let out a sigh of relief as Kyuhyun stayed in his corner, still scared and oblivious
“Thank you, doctor.” Donghae said, feeling as if he could faint in relief.

“But…” The doctor starts again, earning questioning looks from the three of them. “Jongwoon had way too many blood transfusions put into him, and we’re not sure if his body will accept the foreign blood that isn’t his. “

“Wh-What do you mean?” Ryeowook stammers out.

His body may reject the blood in him, so basically, he’ll drown in the blood as his body may try to force it out, and die.”  The doctor explained, his lips stretched in a grim line.

“H-He’ll die?!” Ryeowook whispers loudly, just about ready to faint now.

“How likely will this happen?” Donghae asked, jaw clenching tightly.

The doctor was silent for a few long, dreaded seconds, and Donghae could already guess.

“Only 20% chance of survival.” The doctor murmured. “But hey, don’t lose hope. If he’s strong enough to pull through this, I’m sure he could pull through another.” He said, trying to comfort them. “A nurse will be here in a moment and she’ll take you guys up to his room if you want to go check up on him, but don’t stay too long.”

The two of them thanked the doctor despite the heavy feeling in their chest, turning to give each other defeated glances before looking back at Kyuhyun who was still in the corner.

“Hey, Kyuhyun-ah.” Donghae said, approaching the other again. “Let’s go see Jongwoon, okay? He’s alright now.”

Kyuhyun looks up a little and Donghae could see the fear in them, his pupils wide and unseeing.

“Really?” he whispers quietly, full of hope.

Donghae swallows hard before nodding once, helping the other stand. “He’s alright now,” he mutters quietly under his breath.

 

Ever since that accident, Kyuhyun would always, without delay, show up at the hospital to take care of his lover. And when he woke up, the three of them visited him together. But Donghae knew that Yesung wasn’t himself. Donghae could tell that he was trying to pretend as if the break up never happened, and so did Kyuhyun.

They’d act as if nothing had happened between them, living in a lie.

But after some time, Kyuhyun finally caved and explained why he did what he did to Yesung. And during that tearful conversation, Donghae could tell that Yesung and Ryeowook had forgiven him.

But it’s alright, for now, as long as Donghae could still see that smile on his hyung’s face every day whenever Kyuhyun comes by, greeting him with a soft kiss on the cheek and maybe a bouquet of flowers or a box of chocolates to cheer him up.

All seemed to go pretty well, and Yesung seemed to be improving too in a course of two months at the hospital. The healthy glow returned back to him, and the blush was beginning to become more visible on his pale skin. He still holds onto that cheerful smile and greets everyone at the hospital happily.

But there was one night where he broke out of that daily routine, requesting for something from Kyuhyun that was out of the ordinary.

“Kyu?” Yesung whispers quietly, breaking the comfortable silence.

“Hm?” Kyuhyun hummed once in response, running his fingers lightly through the smaller’s hair. They were both on the hospital bed, Kyuhyun leaning back against the wall with Yesung snuggled close to his chest in-between his legs.

“Could you….could you take me to see the fireflies again tonight?” Yesung whispers softly, pressing his face into Kyuhyun’s chest, his tiny fingers clutching at the soft woolen fabric as he inhaled the beautiful musk that was nothing but Kyuhyun.

Slightly taken aback by the question, Kyuhyun chuckles a little. “Well….I guess, sure. If you want to?” he said, reaching up to tilt the other’s face up.

“I’d love to,” Yesung grins, leaning up and pressing a soft kiss to the others lips before clambering out of bed eagerly.

“Are you sure you could just get up and leave like that? I don’t think that’s a very good idea…..” Kyuhyun frowned, following right after the other.

“Of course! It’s been two months now.” Yesung said with a small pout, grabbing the others hand and swinging back and forth childishly. “Come on,” he whined a little.

“Alright, alright,” Kyuhyun laughs again, staggering a little as Yesung pulled him out eagerly by the hand.

And soon enough, they both found themselves standing in the dark of the meadows, waiting.

“Be careful, okay?” Kyuhyun whispers, gently folding the smaller into his arms, holding him close for comfort and warmth.

“I’m always careful,” Yesung grinned. “How else did I get such a lovely boyfriend like you?”

“That was cheesy,” Kyuhyun stated bluntly, earning a small giggle of from the smaller in his arms. The taller takes a seat down onto the soft grass and pulls the other up onto his lap, holding him tight.

After a minute or so, Yesung finally caught sight of a tiny glowing speck that was hidden in a tree.
He eagerly points it out, tugging lightly at Kyuhyun sleeve and the other could only just nod and smile, holding the precious boy even tighter.

“Kyuhyun,” Yesung whispers as the darkness begin to light up with more fireflies.

“Hm,” Kyuhyun hummed, glancing down at his lover.

The smaller doesn’t reply for a moment as he stares straight ahead, watching the darkness fill with golden, floating specks that danced around them.

“I love you,” he whispers softly, reaching up to touch Kyuhyun’s arms lightly which were still around him, holding him tightly.

Kyuhyun smiles softly and leans down to press his lips lightly to the boy’s cheek. “I love you too, Jongwoon.”

Yesung grins as he leans into the others snug hold, feeling as if he could never be happier. This is the life, the love, the man that he has always dreamed of. Sitting in the cool meadows with the love of his life, watching fireflies. They were like stars, floating beautifully in the night, just barely at arms reach.

But suddenly, he felt something slowly dribble from his nose. He quickly brings a hand up to it, wiping at it lightly and glancing down at it.

Blood.

No. he panics as he presses his hand to his nose, silently begging that it would stop.
 One more week, I had one more week.

But the bleeding refused to stop; instead it started to get worse as he frantically brings his other hand up to his nose, tears burning at his eyes.

“Hey, Yesung?” Kyuhyun says suddenly, “You alright?” he asks, noticing that the other had fallen silent.

“I…yeah, I’m fine…”Yesung mutters, not wanting the other to worry, but he coughs as he tries to say something else in reassurance, his taste buds immediately met with the coppery taste of blood.

“No, hey, look at me.” Kyuhyun mutters in worry, trying to turn the other around to face him, noticing the nervous waver in his lover’s voice.

“I’m fine, really.” Yesung manages out before another cough took over.

“You don’t sound like it,” Kyuhyun says, and he finally manages to turn the other around, Yesung cringing when he heard a gasp from the brunette, knowing that he was covered in blood now.

“Yesung, oh my god, what do I do?” Kyuhyun panics, trying to wipe away the blood with his hands and sleeve. “Is there anything I could do? Let’s get you back to the hospital, okay?”

“No, Kyuhyun,” the raven says, immediately reaching out to hold the other down. “There’s….There’s nothing you can do.”

“Wh-What do you mean?” Kyuhyun says, a small delirious laugh falling past his lips. “Of course there is. Let’s just get you back before we talk, okay? You’re losing a lot of blood—“

“Kyuhyun, stop.” Yesung says, his grip tightening around the others arm. “You knew this day had to come eventually. You knew that I wouldn’t survive this battle.”

“No, shut up—“

“I’m not as strong as you think, Kyu-ah. My chance of survival was slim to start with,” he says, the tears finally spilling. “But that’s okay, because you’re here with me right now, that’s all that matters Kyuhyun.”

“But I’m not ready yet,” Kyuhyun whispers brokenly, and Yesung could see the tears in his eyes. “I’m not ready for you to go yet. I’ve finally found someone who loves me for who I am, I’ve finally found someone who I could love. I don’t want to let go yet.”

“Kyuhyun, we’ve spent happy times together, didn’t we?” Yesung smiles softly, trying to hold back another cough.

“But I love you.” Kyuhyun cries, folding the smaller back into his arms, ignoring all the blood. “I love you so much.”

“I know,” Yesung whispers. “But you have to find someone else now, okay? Will you promise me?”

Kyuhyun shook his head stubbornly as he desperately holds the other tighter as if he could keep the other alive that way, holding him down and not letting him go anywhere.

Yesung coughs again and more blood followed afterwards, pulling away from the other as he vomits more blood.

“Please, Yesung, please let me take you to the hospital. They’ll help you, they could save you.”

“And then what?” Yesung shouts at the other who was breaking down now, crying his heart out, the fireflies around them scared away. “And then what, Kyuhyun?” he repeats. “The most they could do is give me another blood transfusion, give me another month or two to live, only to go through this process again. You’ll be living with anxiety, waiting for that day when my body will completely give up and wither away. You’ll be living in a lie.”

Kyuhyun presses his hands over his ears childishly as he cries, tears streaming down his face as he refused to look up at his dying lover.  But he looks up just in time to catch Yesung who collapsed, falling limp in his arms.

“Please no, not yet.” Kyuhyun sobs out as he holds the cold body closer.

“Kyuhyun?” Yesung says, reaching up to gently touch the others face lightly. “Whenever you find yourself missing me, just look up at the stars. I know I won’t be as pretty as the stars, or the fireflies, but I’ll be there, okay?”

“Promise?” Kyuhyun whispers, knowing that he had nothing else to hold onto but his words.

“I promise, Cho Kyuhyun,” Yesung grins as Kyuhyun presses their forehead together.

I Love You.”

 

 

 

A/N: Okay, I apologize for such a crappy ending >.< I was thinking to do more with it, but I've kinda lost interest in this story like a year ago, so I decided might as well just end it as good as I can and post it up. Not me greatest piece of work, obviosuly, but it's still something, right? Anyways, thanks to all thsoe who are reading this, and please leave comments! I know this isn't a really good story, so try not to be too harsh on me.