Part 1

We'll Be Counting Stars

 

 

Yesung smiled happily to himself as he watched a delicate, colorful butterfly flitter by, its large wings fluttering against the wind, carrying it quickly across the somewhat isolated park. He lifted the camera that hung around his neck a little to snap a few shots of the beautiful creature.

Yesung is a 22 year old boy who just doesn’t seem to act, or look like his age.
He has soft, baby-like features and small, delicate hands. His skin is flawlessly smooth and milky white with a light, pink-ish tinge at the cheeks that turns a darker shade when he’s shy or embarrassed. He was average height with a small, slight and slender build; quite petite for a boy his age. He has dark, midnight black hair that always covers up his eyes because he was a bashful person, although his eyes are probably his prettiest feature, next to his bright smile.
His eyes are a dark, beautiful brown. His eyes were small, but whenever he smiles, his eyes proves how genuinely happy he is.
Yesung just isn’t a normal boy.

Everything to Yesung was beautiful, even life itself. It was amazing and wondrous to think that the world is capable of keeping such amazing living things alive for so long. He loved every single day of the week, and always will, even if it’s those dreaded Mondays that people always seem to hate, signaling that it’s a start of a new week where 5 days of non-stop working is back.

“Could we go now, hyung?” A voice interrupted.

Yesung turned a little with a smile across his face. “Oh come on, Wook. Just a little longer? I know you know I like it out here.” He grinned with a light, teasing shrug.

Ryeowook, Yesung’s best friend, just rolled his eyes and leaned back against the park bench. “Yes, I do know, because I’ve known you for over 10 years. But really? I don’t think your bodies up for all this physical activity.” He sighed.

Yesung cringed a little at the mention of his weak body. He has been diagnosed with anemia for the past 2 years already now, but he had hemophilia ever since he was young because it was hereditary. Anemia is a decrease in number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin or iron in the blood, leaving the person feeling typically tired and weak after doing any physical exercise if it is not controlled properly. Hemophilia is when your blood doesn't clot properly or takes a really long time to clot, so people who have it have to try really hard to avoid getting scratches otherwise it’ll bleed continuously until you get help from the hospital.

Ryeowook just sighed again and gave in; knowing that to was no use in arguing with Yesung who will probably pull out his best puppy face soon if the argument continued on. Ryeowook had known of the elder’s sickness when he was first diagnosed with it since Ryeowook was actually the one that ended up taking a bleeding Yesung to the hospital from a simple paper cut, only to find out that he had anemia.

 “Oh Wook, don’t be such a pessimist. Just give me 15 more minutes, please? There are so many pretty bugs here. Maybe I can—“

“No, hyung. You are soooo not going to take one home with you to add to your bug collection.” Ryeowook said quickly, sitting up.

A small pout turned up on Yesung’s baby-like face and he turned back away again to take a picture of a ladybug he found crawling on a leaf.

“You end up just killing them if you keep collecting them like that anyways.” Ryeowook said matter-of-factly.

“But they keep me company.” Yesung said with a light whine and set his camera back down to pick up his bag from the ground next to the park bench, finally ready to go.

“You have your three turtles. That’s enough. Oh, and don’t forget me.” The younger said, getting up from the park bench and walked alongside Yesung to go to the bus stop. “And please, hyung. Don’t move around so much. I can’t come with you every time you want to go out and stare at bugs. What if something happens to you and I’m not there? I’ll never live up to it.”

Yesung just smiled grimly at the other and nodded once in understanding and acceptance. He usually visited all sorts of parks 5 times a week right before or after work, depending on when his shift ended or started. But now, it was cut down to only 2 days a week, which is slowly killing Yesung from the inside.
He loved to explore and walk around, learning more than necessary about the park and who’s in it daily. A few old couples or runners in the parks already know who Yesung is because they find him there often, just taking pictures of nature itself with a bright smile on his face.

“I’m serious, Jongwoon.” Ryeowook said sternly, giving the elder a look. “If you cut yourself on a single thorn, your flipping life is on the line unless you want to go to the hospital.

Yesung just sighed in response and nodded in response to everything the younger said, although he wasn’t really listening to half of what he was saying.

“You’ll bleed like there’s no tomorrow from a small paper cut! I will not allow such behavior from you! Oh! And don’t get me started on your anemia! You—“

“Alright, Ryeowook! I get it! I’m incapable of leaving my house alone, okay. Now please! Quit mentioning my bad points that I hate so much!” Yesung hissed, fidgeting slightly from where he stood by the bus stop. Yesung usually was a happy, bubbly person that never really snaps back unless the topic was about his illness.

The younger finally fell silent when he noticed his friend’s expression. “Sorry.” He muttered. He had momentarily forgotten that the subject of his disease was always a bad topic to bring up.

Nobody knew of Yesung’s disease. Not even his own family in Cheonan.
Only Yesung’s closest friends in Seoul do.
But why them only?

Because Yesung didn’t want his family to know, under any circumstances.
If they knew, not only will they make him go back to Cheonan, they won’t allow him to take a single step out of the front door.
Yesung came to Seoul in hope to that he could earn money for his family, being the eldest and filial son and all he is.

“It’s alright.” Yesung said softly before adjusting the strap of his bag on his shoulder and gestured Ryeowook forward. “Come on. The bus is here.”

“Have you taken your medication yet?” The younger asked, taking a seat next to his friend on the bus.

“No.”
 Yesung grumbled quietly.

“KIM JONGWOON!”

“Shh! Alright! I’ll do it when I get to the café!” The elder hushed, giving the younger a look when he managed to catch many people’s attention on the bus by yelling.

“You know you need those meds every 2 hours!” Ryeowook said in a loud whisper. “See, this is exactly why I need to be with you almost 24/7.”

“Drop it, please.” The elder muttered exasperatedly, combing his short fingers through his dark hair in irritation. “I’ll eat my pills on time, okay? There, now please, stop.”

“Sorry.” RyeoWook apologized again, and checked the time. “You have an hour before your shift at the café. Are you going to go work early?” he asked, trying to change the subject.

Yesung shrugged a little, pulling the camera off from around his neck to set into his bag. “I guess. Doesn’t hurt to work an extra hour. More tips for me.”

Yesung works in a small and cozy, but very popular café that his other best friend, Leeteuk, owns. The job pays him enough to send over 50% of his pay check back to his family and the other percentage was enough to pay for his own living expenses in Seoul.

“Filial son.” Ryeowook grunted, knowing that Yesung was only working more so he could send extra money back to his family, of course.

Yesung just grinned cheekily at the younger and hugged him tightly.

“Hey, I’m getting off at this stop. I’ve got to return Sungmin’s notes that I borrowed, so I can’t go to the café with you. Be careful, alright?” Ryeowook said, pulling away from the hug to stand up and pat the elder’s head childishly.

Yesung nodded once. “I’ll be fine, Wook. I’ve had this illness for two years already.”

The younger just raised an eyebrow at him before waving bye at the elder as he stepped off the bus.

Yesung sighed and leaned back in his seat as he stared out the bus window.
He rode the bus alone for five minutes as he waited for his stop, but something else caught his attention when his stop was only a couple of blocks away.

It looked like someone’s car had broken down.

“Stop here.” Yesung called out to the bus driver to tell him ahead of time that he needed to get off there.

After the bus pulled over and let Yesung off, he walked back the general direction the bus had came from, back to where he saw someone standing by a broken down car.

He smiled lightly when the red beetle he had seen earlier came into view, to see someone around his age, trying to push it a little.

He came up to the other, and reached forward to tap on the other’s shoulder lightly.
“Would you like some help?”


Kyuhyun let out a small sigh when he realized that his car had just stopped again for the third time that day already.  He rolled up his sleeves a little, ready to push the car all by himself, and got out of the car.

Kyuhyun knew that his car, a nice red beetle, is pretty old, almost historic, but he loves it.
A lot.
It was special to him, as weird as it may sound. He didn’t know exactly why he loved it so much, but eh knew that the older it is the more history and stories it has behind it.
His friends always nag at him to get a new, better and “slick” car instead this old piece of junk, but Kyuhyun just laughed them off.
Kyuhyun was born in a very rich family. His father was a very well-known and successful lawyer, and his mom happened to be the daughter of a famous trading company.
He had money to spend freely and easily, but yet Kyuhyun doesn’t use it on buying him a nice car.
Welcome to stubborn Kyuhyun’s world.

The boy walked around the red beetle and folded his sleeve up furthermore to push the car to the side of the some-what isolated road.

He barely moved the car a meter when he felt a sudden tap on his shoulder, causing him to jump in surprise and nearly let go of the red beetle that obviously was not on park.

Kyuhyun spun around quickly to see that it was a young boy, probably around his age, looking up at Kyuhyun curiously.
“Would you like some help?” The boy questioned.

Kyuhyun stared at the other for a moment, flabbergasted, before opening and closing his mouth helplessly like a fish as he tried to string his words and thoughts together.  Kyuhyun had discovered his ual preferences for awhile now, and heck, the boy in front of him was not helping at all, considering that his parents disapproved of him being gay and stuff.

The boy was very petite with pale, flawless skin that a girl would die for, soft plump, pink lips and kind, bright eyes. His dark, raven hair looked smooth and silky, making Kyuhyun want to run his long fingers through it. Kyuhyun just wanted to pull the small boy into his arms and coo over how adorably handsome and cute he was at the same time, but resisted against it because it will be just plain creepy.

He finally snapped out of his dazed state when he noticed that the boy was waving a small hand in front of him.

“Would you like some help?” He repeated in that low, husky voice. “There won’t be anyone out here until you reach the city. You’re on an isolated road. I can help you push the car towards the city.” He offered kindly.

“I-I….yes! Please. I’d greatly appreciate that.” Kyuhyun stammered a little, still flustered by the boy’s sudden appearance.

The other smiled brightly at Kyuhyun and helped him push the red beetle for a few blocks until they finally reached the city, and Kyuhyun stopped in front of a café.

“Thanks.” Kyuhyun smiled, turning to look at the other a little breathlessly from all the effort, only to frown a little. “You alright?”

“What? Oh, yeah! I’m fine, don’t worry.” The other said almost sheepishly, looking away from the taller male.

Kyuhyun looked at the other worriedly, no matter how the other boy tried to hide it; Kyuhyun could see that he was extremely pale, almost as if he was very sick.

“Here, I’ll treat you something to drink in thanks for your time.” Kyuhyun offered, still worried about the other.

“Oh no, I’m fine, really. I—“

Kyuhyun cut the other off by grabbing his wrist and pulled him towards the café.
“I insist!” he said, and pushed the door open, the small bells above the door ringing loudly, signaling a new customer.
KyuHyun pulled the smaller male into a booth with him by the window with a large grin on his face.

“My name’s Kyuhyun by the way. Cho Kyuhyun and I’m 20.” He said, sticking his hand out and across the table for the other to shake.

“Oh, I thought you were older….” The raven haired boy said with a small giggle as he slid those oh-so-adorably small hands into Kyuhyun’s much large ones. “My names Kim Jongwoon, but most call me Yesung.” He said, suddenly getting very shy.

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow questioningly as he held those small, warm hands, not wanting to let go of them. “Aren’t I older?”

“No.” The other laughed lightly, looking a bit better now. “I’m 22.”

“Oh.” Kyuhyun said, blinking a few times.
With that cute, baby-like face, it’s kind of hard to believe that he was actually older.

“Oh, Yesung! You’re here early!” A waiter said suddenly, walking up to the two, about to take their order. “Out with your boy—“

“Oh hey, Donghae!” Yesung said quickly, interrupting the other.

“Is he your—“The waiter started again.                                                

“I’m here with a friend!” Yesung nearly yelled out panickly, emphasizing on the ‘friend’ part.

“A friend…” the waiter, so called Donghae said suspiciously, staring at their still linked hands.

Yesung’s gaze followed the other’s to see that his short fingers were interlaced delicately in Kyuhyun’s long, elegant ones still.

The elder quickly, but gently pulled his hands back out of the younger’s in embarrassment.
“Yes, friend…” He grumbled bashfully, a deep blush rising up to his pale cheeks as he lowered his head a little to hide it.

“I-I’m Cho Kyuhyun.” The younger interjected to save the elder from pursuing this embarrassing conversation furthermore.

“I’m Lee Donghae, Yesung’s friend and Co-Worker.”

“Co-worker?” Kyuhyun questioned, studying the other to make sure that he is actually a waiter here.
When he heard that Donghae had said that Yesung was there early, he thought that Yesung was just a frequent customer.

“Mm-hmm. Yesung works here. His shift starts in an hour or so.” Donghae said, checking his watch for the time.

Yesung just smiled sheepishly at the younger for not telling him earlier.

Kyuhyun just smiled back softly, taking in the elder’s cute expression.

“So, what’d you guys like today?” Donghae asked, pulling out a pen and notepad from his apron.

“I’ll have a Boba milk tea, please.” Kyuhyun said, before looking over at Yesung.

“Just black coffee for me please.” The elder said with a small smile.

“Okay. Your guys’ order will be ready in 5 minutes.” Donghae said, before walking off.

Once the waiter was out of sight, Yesung turned to Kyuhyun and excused himself before walking away towards the general direction of the bathroom.

Kyuhyun nodded in response and watched the other walk away with a silly grin on his face.
Nice catch Kyuhyun, nice catch…..


Yesung walked towards the general direction of the bathroom, making it seem as if he was going to the bathroom, but turned off to the left instead of the right where the bathroom actually was when he knew Kyuhyun wasn’t looking anymore.

DongHae didn’t even bother sparing the other a glance, knowing that it was Yesung who had came behind the counter.

“Water?” Donghae offered, not looking up from making their drinks.

“Yes please.” Yesung said weakly, clutching at the counter for support but still making sure that he was hidden from view so Kyuhyun couldn’t see him.

Donghae handed the elder a glass of lukewarm water as he watched Yesung pull out a small container of pills.

“Anemia?” Donghae asked with a small sigh and only got a small nod in response.

“And I thought Wook managed to drill it into your head that you should be watching your health.” Donghae said with a shake of his head as Yesung swallowed the two pills.

Although Yesung may have looked fine, he was actually just masking the pain and sudden tiredness that took over. It had taken some time for Yesung to be able to keep a straight face through all the pain, but he still managed to do so to keep others from getting worried. Only do Ryeowook, Donghae and Leeteuk really know of his illness.

“He has.” Yesung said, giving the other a reassuring smile before walking off, waving over his shoulders at the waiter in ‘thanks.’

Kyuhyun looked up from playing with a napkin on his table and gave the elder a small smile as he slid into the seat in front of Kyuhyun again.

“So, uh….” Yesung started, trying to start a conversation.

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow in curiosity. “Hm?”

“What do you work as?” He asked, before adding quickly: “If you don’t mind me asking.”

“Oh, of course not.” Kyuhyun said with a small laugh. “I don’t have a job yet, but I’m studying to get a PhD in medical.”

The elder literally choked on thin air when the boy said that. “Wouldn’t that be quite…..expensive?”

The taller male just shrugged simply. “Money’s definitely not a problem in my family. My dad’s a lawyer, and my mom comes from a Korean international trading company.”

“Oh.” Yesung muttered quietly, looking away from the boy.
Now that he looked more closely, the boy was wearing a nicely ironed, silk navy-blue button down that fit his frame well and black designer jeans that hugged close to his long, lanky legs. His light brown hair was tousled oh-so perfectly, making it look slightly messy but yet in a formal and handsome fashion.
Of course he’s rich.

“Boba milk tea and black coffee!” Donghae shouted, suddenly appearing out of nowhere, breaking the awkward silence that had passed over the two new friends.

The waiter set the drinks down in front of the two happily.  “Enjoy!” He said before skipping off to greet some new customers that just entered.

“So….what do you like to do? Like for entertainment?” Kyuhyun asked, trying to start a decent conversation going on himself now.

“Oh, I like to take pictures of things in parks.” Yesung said with a light blush.

“What kind of things?” The younger asked, secretly smiling at how adorable the elder looked.

“Anything, really. Bugs, trees, flowers, and people too.”

“Then…..do you mind taking a picture with me?” Kyuhyun asked softly, trying to hide the sly grin that threatened to break his face in half.

“U-Uh, no! No, not at all.” Yesung stammered, slightly flustered by the request.

“You’re so cute.” Kyuhyun chuckled, causing the other to look down quickly to hide the deep blush that had painted over his cheeks from his words.
The younger smiled and got up from his seat and slid into the seat next to the elder, gently putting n arm around him, pulling him closer as Yesung fumbled around with trying to pull his phone out to take a picture so he could send it to Kyuhyun if he wanted it.

Kyuhyun leaned in closer so he was in the picture too as they both smiled at his phone for the pic, but right before Yesung snapped the picture of them both smiling, Kyuhyun turned his head slightly and kissed the elder’s cheek just as he took the photo.

Yesung gasped in surprise and jerked back from the sudden action, also pulling away from the hold Kyuhyun had around his waist.

“Sorry.” Kyuhyun said apologetically although there was a small smile on his face.

One of Yesung’s hands were clutching his cheek where Kyuhyun’s lips has just touched a moment ago as he felt more heat rise up to his face in utter embarrassment. “Y-You…..wh-why’d you just—“

“I’m sorry.” Kyuhyun repeated. “I-I didn’t mean to scare you. You were just too….tempting.” He said shamefully. “I really like you though!” He blurted, catching a few people’s attention in the quiet café.

“B-But we just met! You barely even know me.” The elder stammered, although he had to admit that the boys kiss left his heart pounding loudly against his chest.

“Then I’d like to know you more.” Kyuhyun whispered, looking down at the elder sincerely. “You seem like a great person, and I’d really like us to have some kind of relationship.”

“But—“

“I’m not saying you need to accept or decide now.” Kyuhyun said quickly. “Just give me some time to prove that I am worth your time. Please?”

Yesung blinked once in confusion but he could only nod numbly when the boy stared at him with eyes full of hope. He turned back away a little to sip at his cup of black coffee gingerly, too shocked to interpret anything at the moment.

“Can I borrow your phone for a moment?” The younger asked, maneuvering back to his own seat across from Yesung.

The smaller male looked up innocently from the brim of his cup and nodded and the younger grinned happily before picking up the elder’s phone, and started poking away at it.

Suddenly, Kyuhyun’s phone started ringing, which cause the younger’s smile to widen.

“You have my number now, and I have yours.”The younger said, answering the curious expression that had crossed over the elder’s cute face.

Yesung coughed up some coffee in surprise and quickly grabbed his napkin to dab at his mouth while still half choking on his bitter drink. “What?” He squeaked.

“Oh, and I have the photo now. Thanks.”

“But—“

“Oh! Would you look at the time!?” Kyuhyun said suddenly with a sly grin, getting up from his seat and put two 10 dollar bills on the table, one for the drinks, and the other for tips. “I’ve gotta go now. It was nice meeting you, Kim Jongwoon.”

“I-I……Kyuhyun—“Yesung stammered.

The younger suddenly lunged forward and gently grabbed the elder’s chin, cutting the other off as he gently tilted his face up so Yesung’s eyes met his, their faces a mere inch away from each other. “How’s Friday evening? By the Han River?”

Yesung’s eyes widened at the younger’s sudden action as he tried to pull his thoughts together properly. “Kyu—“

“Good. See you then.”  The taller male said without letting the other finish his sentence, before leaning closer and pressed a soft, chaste kiss to Yesung’s plump lips and quickly ran away after that, leaving a frozen Yesung behind.

Donghae watched in amusement from behind the counter before quickly making his way to the small male who was still frozen to the spot, and gently shook him. “Yah! How close are you guys?!” he asked eagerly.

“I-I….we only j-just met today.” Yesung stammered, blushing for the umpteenth time already that day.

“Doesn’t seem like it.” DongHae smirked. “He seems to really like you.”

“I don’t even know him.” Yesung grumbled, a small pout turning up on his lips when he realized that that was his first kiss that Kyuhyun had stolen. He reached up with his small fingers and touched his lips lightly. It was such an innocent and sweet kiss……

“Uh huh. I’m getting back to work. You should prepare too, soon.” Donghae said before grabbing one of the tens on the table and headed back towards the counter.

“Donghae, the tips?” Yesung called out at the younger, pointing at the other 10 on the table.

“Oh, you keep it.” Donghae said, turning back to look at the elder with a knowing grin. “Seems like you served him more than I did.”

Yesung’s mouth fell open as he spluttered for words to defend himself to no avail and only just sighed in defeat.
 Cho Kyuhyun, why are you doing this to me?


Yesung stretched and yawned a little after serving the last customer of the day. It was 10 at night already since on Fridays’ they have more customers so they work late into the night.

He sat down with a heavy sigh and yawned again as Donghae took a seat next to him.

“What an exhausting day.” Donghae breathed out, fanning himself a little with his hands from moving around so much.

Yesung nodded in agreement as he got back up again to get himself a glass of water for his meds. “Welcome to Fridays.” He said, before swallowing the two pills with a small grimace.

“Friday?” the younger said suddenly, brows furrowing together in thought. “Friday….” He repeated quietly, tapping his chin thoughtfully.

“Why do you keep saying that?” Yesung asked, looking over at the other as he continued to sip from his glass of water.

“Well, if today’s Friday….” Donghae started, looking back over at the elder. “Aren’t you supposed to meet up with Kyuhyun?”

The only reply Donghae got from Yesung before he disappeared was a mouthful of water sprayed his way.

Yesung quickly took a taxi to the Han River, praying that Kyuhyun wasn’t stupid enough to actually stay there for that long in the cold, before paying the driver hastily when they got there and scrambled out of the car.

The younger seriously wasn’t that stupid right? To stay there for over 5 hours?!

He quickly searched around for the other in the darkness as he pulled his pea coat tighter around his small frame to stay warm, but sighed in relief when he saw no one out there by the dimly lit river.
But for some reason, he was also a little disappointed. He wasn’t disappointed at Kyuhyun, but at himself.
He was disappointed in himself because the younger had been so hopeful in meeting and getting to know the elder more, but instead, Yesung had abandoned him.

Yesung sighed quietly to himself and stuffed his small, cold hands into his coat pocket before turning back away, about to head back home, but stopped when a small, shaking figure caught his eyes.

His breath caught in his throat as realization hit him. “….Kyuhyun?”

He quickly approached the other but stopped right in front of the other who was sitting on a bench that happened to be under a broken street lamp, with his knees pulled up close to his chest.

At first, Yesung wanted to pull the younger into his arms to give him some warmth, but resisted when he thought of how ridiculous that would be.

“Kyuhyun….” He whispered softly, and knelt down in front of the other who had his face pressed to his knees for more warmth. “Kyuhyun.” He repeated.

The younger tensed a little at the sound of his voice, and lifted his head up a little to look at the elder, before relaxing. “Yesung hyung, you came.” He smiled, blinking slowly.

“I’m sorry.” Yesung said quietly, gazing into the younger’s golden brown eyes.

“Don’t be.” Kyuhyun said, uncurling himself from the fetal position. “I was just being stupid. I should’ve known that you wouldn’t give me a chance.”

“Kyuhyun—“

“Maybe I was being too straight forward? Too blunt for you?”

“No, I—“

“I knew the kiss had ruined it all. I just—“

“Kyuhyun! That’s not it at all!” Yesung yelled, cutting the younger’s ramblingly off.

The younger stopped mid sentence and stared down at the other in confusion.

“I-I’ll give you a chance.” Yesung stammered, startled by that fact that he had raised his voice. “I just…..lost track of time today. Sorry.”

Kyuhyun just sat there for a moment, staring at the elder with his mouth open, trying to find the right words to respond. “R-Really?” he said stupidly, causing Yesung to blush deeply.

Yesung nodded once a little in reply, but before he could say anything else, the taller male let out a small sound of joy and tackled the other into a bone crushing hug, squeezing the air out of the smaller.

Yesung smiled softly and gently wrapped his own arms around the younger’s neck to keep him warmer.
“Why’d you stay out here for so long?” Yesung asked quietly, rubbing Kyuhyun’s back lightly.

“I wanted you to come. I didn’t want to lose hope.” Kyuhyun whispered, burying his face to the crook of his neck, taking in the others scent.
He smelled heavily of black coffee, probably from working at the café, and a natural musk mixed in with a hint of cologne.

“Idiot.”  Yesung murmured under his breath but a small smile appeared on his lips.

Kyuhyun chuckled lightly and held the other closer. “I’m cold.”

“Oh, sorry.” Yesung said, quickly pulling back. “You should go home before you catch a cold.”

“What? No.” Kyuhyun said immediately. “Not yet. I want to spend some time with you.” He said softly, gently taking the elder’s small hands in his own. “It’s our first date, let’s do something productive.”

“But you just said you’re—“

“If you stay with me, I’ll be fine. Just be my gloves.” Kyuhyun grinned, gently squeezing the other’s delicate hands.

“But it’s past 10 already. Don’t you think it’s a bit late?”

“It’s 10 already? Really? Perfect!” Kyuhyun said before tugging eagerly at Yesung’s hands and started leading him off somewhere.

“Wh-where are we going?” Yesung stammered, stumbling along behind the other.

“You’ll see.” Kyuhyun grinned before leaning forward and pressed a small kiss to the other’s blushing cheeks and continued pulling the other along, hand in hand.

----------

“Kyuhyun-ah, where are we?” Yesung asked, still stumbling after the other clumsily.

“Shhh, we’re almost there.” Kyuhyun hushed before stopping and walked around the elder. “I’ve got a surprise for you, so close your eyes.”

Yesung turned a little to look at the other suspiciously, but the boy just smiled innocently back in reply.

He sighed and turned back around, closing his eyes before he felt Kyuhyun’s long fingers slide over his closed eyes for extra precaution.

“Careful.” Kyuhyun murmured, gently guiding the other forward.

Yesung walked blindly for a minute with the very “dependable” Kyuhyun as his guide, considering that he had already hit three branches along the way, luckily, not bruising his poor forehead in the meantime.

But soon, Kyuhyun pulled the elder to a stop.

“You ready?” Kyuhyun whispered softly, his breath brushing Yesung’s ear lightly causing the elder’s small frame to shudder.

Yesung nodded once when he heard the small smile in the younger’s voice, meaning that it was definitely something special.

Kyuhyun gently pulled his hand back away and Yesung slowly opened his eyes, and gasped.

“K-Kyuhyun—“

“Do you like it, hyung? I think it’s pretty.” The taller male grinned, taking the chance of a stunned Yesung to gently wrap his arms around the smaller male’s slim waist.

“It’s beautiful, Kyuhyun-ah.” Yesung breathed, taking in the sight before him.

Dusting the dark night in the green meadow they were in, were small, bright fireflies.
They lit up the night so beautifully that it took Yesung’s breath away, at least two dozen of those glow bugs flittering from tree to tree.

“I’m glad you like it.” Kyuhyun said, wrapping his other arm around his waist so he was back-hugging the other snuggly.

“Thanks Kyuhyun.” Yesung said softly, leaning into the embrace.

Although they’ve technically only known each other for two days, Yesung couldn’t help but to feel attracted to the younger. Kyuhyun seemed to know what Yesung wants and what his heart yearns for. He seemed to be able to understand how Yesung feels within these two days.

“I knew you’d like it. You said you enjoyed taking pictures, so I thought this might make some pretty pictures and is romantic enough for a date too.” Kyuhyun smiled.

Yesung laughed softly and gently rested his own hands on top of the other’s that were around his waist, and turned his head a little to look up at the younger.

Kyuhyun smiled and leaned down to kiss his cheek lightly. “Why don’t you take a picture right now? It’ll last longer.”

Yesung grinned and shook his head a little, smiling a little too slyly for someone like him.

“Why not?” Kyuhyun frowned.

“Because,” Yesung started, gently pulling away to turn around to face the other. “I’d rather have you take me here every night I want to see them. “ Yesung whispered shamelessly, looking up at the younger’s golden brown eyes happily.

Kyuhyun blinked once in confusion, trying to register what the elder had just said, but when he finally realized it, he grinned and gently pulled the elder close again. “I’d love to.” He whispered, before reaching up with one hand to grasp the smaller males chin and tilt it up, and pressed their lips together lightly.

He stopped there with their lips pressed lightly against each other, letting the elder adjust to the kiss.

Yesung had tensed at the sudden action the younger made, but relaxed when Kyuhyun willingly waited patiently for him to respond. Yesung slowly parted his lips, allowing the other to take his bottom lip between his for a timid kiss.

Kyuhyun sighed in satisfactory and tightened his grip around the elder’s skinny waist, moving his lips softly against the other’s full ones.

Yesung shivered slightly at the warm feeling spreading throughout his body from a small kiss.
It was Yesung’s first real kiss in his whole life, and he had to admit that it felt quite…..amazing.
He was grateful that Kyuhyun was patient and gentle in handling him as if Yesung was made of thin, fragile glass.

Kyuhyun gently slid his hand up to hold Yesung’s cheek lightly as he deepened the kiss, prodding his lower lip lightly with his tongue, asking for more access.

Yesung was hesitant and nervous to respond furthermore, but he was so curious about how it would feel like, to kiss someone so passionately.
He gently slid his arms up and around Kyuhyun’s neck as he slowly parted his lips a little more, and Kyuhyun was quick to respond, sliding his tongue in to taste him thoroughly.

They pulled back after a few minutes to catch their breath and Yesung immediately looked away as he blushed a deep shade of red, looking down at the grass in embarrassment.

Kyuhyun chuckled lightly and leaned forward to press his lips lightly to the elder’s forehead softly, pulling him closer again by the waist, rubbing his back lightly.

“I’ll take you here every night.” Kyuhyun whispered softly as Yesung snuggled into his embrace.

Maybe, just maybe, this relationship could work.


After that one night, they became closer, allowing them to know each other better.
Yesung discovered that although Kyuhyun had seemed to be extremely nice and patient on their first few meetings, he was actually a pretty snarky brat who enjoyed making fun of Yesung and had a high ego. Not only was he a brat, but Kyuhyun was also a bit vain, caring a lot about his appearance. Yesung would just stand there awkwardly while looking at the younger oddly whenever Kyuhyun stops to tuck a stray curl back into place, or ‘hand-iron’ his shirt back straight again.
But other than that, Kyuhyun was basically a large, life-sized teddy bear.

While Yesung was taking in small, simple details of how Kyuhyun seemed to act, Kyuhyun had actually been observing every inch and detail he could get from the smaller male without looking like a creepy voyeur or some suspicious man.

Kyuhyun discovered that not only does Yesung love taking pictures of nature (or Kyuhyun now), he also loves turtles, and collecting bugs, but stopped collecting bugs when he realized that he was actually killing the bugs.
Yesung, to strangers, may seem a bit shy and timid, but when you really get to know him, he loves talking endlessly. Kyuhyun had also noticed that Yesung mostly only drink black coffee, coke, and or occasionally water, nothing else.

But the thing that caught Kyuhyun’s attention the most, is that Yesung seems to be very aware of what he is doing, as if he was afraid of getting injured, and that he tends to get exhausted pretty easily after any sort of physical activity.

Kyuhyun had never questioned anything about it though, thinking that it was just a psychological thing that Yesung has, but one day, had proved Kyuhyun wrong.
Very wrong.

Kyuhyun had taken advantage of his weekends when he had no school, and when Yesung had a shorter shift at the café, to take Yesung out to any park he wanted to go to for some pictures (of course).

Although Kyuhyun’s car seems to break down constantly in the middle of the road, they just easily brush it off and get out of the car in unison to push it to the side of the road together. It has become a daily routine to just push a broken-down car to the side of the road, and then stopping by a restaurant or a small café for something to eat before heading off to the park again.

Yesung was walking around some trees on a sunny Saturday, searching for some bugs, while Kyuhyun was just sitting on the grass, watching the elder take pictures with a small giggle once in awhile.
Everything was just fine and dandy between the two within the past three months, even though Yesung has never said “I love you “,back to Kyuhyun.
Yesung would usually just smile sweetly in reply, or give him a light peck on the cheek. It bothered Kyuhyun in some ways, but he understood that he shouldn’t be rushing the other in anyway. Other than that, their relation was near perfect.

Kyuhyun was watching the other move around a little when the elder suddenly let out a small cry of pain, jerking his hand back away from a bush.

“Ah!”

“What’s wrong?” Kyuhyun asked, immediately getting up and approached the smaller male.

A small pout turned up on Yesung’s lips that soon turned into a frown as he looked up at Kyuhyun who had gently taken his hand.

“I cut it on a thorn…” Yesung said quietly, staring at the two and a half inch long bleeding cut along the back of his hand. “Take me to the hospital?”

“It’s just a small cut; I could just take you to my house or a café nearby to treat it. Why would you need to go to the hospital?” Kyuhyun frowned, pulling out his maroon handkerchief and pressed it to the bleeding wound.

Yesung just looked up at Kyuhyun nervously, fidgeting a little on the spot.

Kyuhyun stared at the other in confusion, gently tying the handkerchief around his hand.

“Please, Kyuhyun-ah?”Yesung said almost beggingly, gazing into the younger’s eyes.

Only when Kyuhyun noticed that Yesung was bleeding through the handkerchief, did he quickly actually take the elder to the hospital without any more questions.


“How is he, sir?” Kyuhyun asked, standing up abruptly from where he sat in the waiting room when he saw the doctor come out of the room as Yesung’s hand was being tended to.

“He’s fine now and we’ve managed to stop the bleeding. Just give him something sweet to eat afterwards and make sure he drinks a lot of water. But you really should avoid taking him out to places like the forest or meadow.” The doctor said as he took off a pair of latex gloves that had a bit of blood on it.

“Wh-Why?” Kyuhyun stammered. “It’s just a normal scratch, right?”

“To you it might be.” The doctor said, before giving the younger a look. “Do you not know of his disease? To him right now, a small scratch is like a severed limb. He has hemophilia.” He said as Yesung appeared out of the room with a neatly bandaged hand.

When KyuHyun didn’t question him anymore, the doctor left, leaving the two alone.

“Let’s go, Kyuhyun-ah!” Yesung said happily, linking his arm through the other’s, but the younger jerked back.

A hurt expression crossed over the elder’s face at Kyuhyun’s reaction, and he stepped back so he was no longer in Kyuhyun’s space bubble.

The taller male reached up and grasped the small male’s petite shoulders, forcing him to look up at the taller.

“Why didn’t you tell me you had hemophilia, Jongwoon-ah?!”

Yesung’s expression fell as Kyuhyun stared at him sternly, turning his head a little to look away from the taller.

“Answer me!” Kyuhyun snapped, jerking the smaller male a little.

“I-I…” Yesung stammered helplessly, flinching at the tight grip around his shoulders.

“Do you know how dangerous it is for me to take you out to places like the meadow? I don’t want you to get hurt! What if it wasn’t just a scratch? What if you actually skinned your knee instead?! Or broke your arm?! You can’t—“

“Shut up!” Yesung yelled, clamping his small hands over his ears, wanting to block out Kyuhyun’s lecturing in vain. “This is exactly why I didn’t want to tell you!” he cried, tears stinging at the corner of his eyes. “I didn’t want you to worry, and most of all, I didn’t want to lose my freedom!” he sobbed.

Kyuhyun stopped talking ad his grip slackened on the elder’s shoulders as his expression softened. “But I don’t want you to get hurt, Jongwoon-ah.” He gently slid his hands up and grasped the other’s smaller ones, pulling them away from his ears.

“I won’t, Kyuhyun-ah, I won’t!” He cried, pulling his hands out of the other’s to hide his tears behind his own hands.

“Hyung, no, don’t cry.” Kyuhyun sighed quietly, gently pulling the other into his arms as he pulled the hands away from his face once again. “Why couldn’t you have told me at least? I would never take your freedom away, because I know its special to you.” He whispered softly, slowly sliding his fingers beneath the elder’s chin a little to tilt his face up as he leaned forward to kiss his tears away.

“But I don’t want you to worry.” Yesung sniffed, looking up into Kyuhyun’s warm, golden brown eyes.

“But I would’ve been more worried if I suddenly see you just bleeding to death from a paper cut.” Kyuhyun said, trying to lighten the mood just a little as he reached down to gently take the elder’s hand and brought it up to his lips, kissing his knuckles softly. “I just want you to trust me. I would never do anything to you that’ll make you unhappy.” He said, leaning forward again to press chaste kisses to the smaller male’s cheek and along his jaw, tasting the saltiness of his tears.

“I’m sorry….” Was all Yesung muttered in reply, his small fingers now clutching at the soft fabric of Kyuhyun’s sweater as he leaned in closer and buried his face against the crook of Kyuhyun’s neck.

“It’s alright,” Kyuhyun breathed out, wrapping both of his arms securely around the other again, kissing the crown of raven hair lightly. “Just don’t keep any more secrets from me anymore.”

“You asked for it.” Yesung said suddenly, pulling away a little, enough for him to look up at the younger with a small, sly smile.

Kyuhyun frowned and tilted his head a little, questioningly. “What?”

“I have anemia too.”

 

 

 


A/N: Haha, sorry guys. This is obviously unedited. I was too lazy to go abck and check my work >.< This was typed like exactly a year and a half ago.....so it might be a little bad and funky. Part 2 (Final Chapter) will be comming up soon!