01

Crimson
 
Working with the sins wasn't a cake walk, more like testing the strengths of those who shouldn't be disturbed. I can admit- but only to myself- that I committed many sins that were once known as sacred and that should never be broken; but I was the trout amongst the school of tuna. I was selected on behalf of the corporation I was signed under to comply to their demands of assassinations, causing me to undergo certain foreign experiences such as traveling to neighboring countries. I've learned to speak seven languages aside from English: Russian, German, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Swedish, and Tai. Thus this career wasn't all grusome and gory. 
The corperation that I was working for was very generous, despite the fact that they are one of the world's wealthiest businesses. Designing vehicles that could transport was an art of electronics and sketchings, not my cup of tea but I couldn't complain. But underneath that technical beauty, lies the horrendous careers of people like myself, to complete the dirty work. They kidnapped me from my dwelling only when the clock the wee hours of the morning, unexpectedly I discovered I had one foot in the grave. Supposedly they have been retaining strict surveillance on me every since I walked into their radius, and they decided it was best to have me as their most known agent. I didn't mind it now, the fact that my parents and little sister was abandoned of my presence didn't bother me to tears anymore. Once you join the academy, emotions to be shut down and useless is a requirement. 
"Agent Kyra, CEO wants you in his office. ASAP."The headmaster of the training room said as soon as I entered the room. I walked back out through the door I came in, not allowing it enough time to close. The aisles of the facility was exceptionally long, causing my sore calf muscles to itch with fire. Yesterday's training was undergoing sprinting long distances, especially to escape the grasp of the enemy. 
The CEO's office door came into view, the only see through door on the corridor. Everything was too tranquil for my liking, besides the fact that I'm always on the run, slicing throats as if they were an apple. I pushed the door with my bare hands, this was the single and only place I allowed myself to be free of gloves. I had nothing to conceal here. 
"Kyra!" He greeted me with a grin that trailed from ear to ear and outstretched hands. 
"Good morning, sir." I bowed respectively to him then took a seat in front of his glass desk. This was the room that I found myself the least in, I usually train for the entire day, every day until something comes up. "How are you?" 
"Come on, I've known you for seven years, can't you speak casually?" He lowered himself quickly into his chair once he received no answer from me, getting straight to the chase. I wasn't here to spare my precious time with socializing, he should've gotten that vibe seven years ago. 
"What is it that you wanted?" I straightforwardly inquired. "I need a new knife by the way, the blade is bent from being slammed on the ground and dull from sharpening." 
"It seen better days, huh?" He chuckled flamboyantly and rather obnoxiously. Every statement of his that were supposed to be comedic were duller than my knife, he didn't have to make such an effort to see me crack a crooked smile. 
"Anyways," he awkwardly coughed from my harsh staring at each of his actions. "I need you to take care of someone for me." He paused to allow me for any comments. 
"It's what I live for." His pestering grin broke out again and I had to fight the tempting urge to strangle his neck if he dared to attempt to say anything comedic again. It was getting on my nerves that he was trying to sugarcoat the truth I was already exposed to, like I haven't killed a single person. 
"He's the only son that the corporation has to offer, and since they have violated their contracts-" 
"How?" 
"Uh," his hand shakily ran his fingers through his dyed hair. "They killed one of the most respected and valuable headmaster that the training department had." I could've sworn he was about to burst into tears, I've never seen a man shed a tear, not even my father when my mother shouted at him about debts and financial deficits.
"Tell me his name, date, and time, I'll take care of everything." 
Mr. CEO slid the file that most likely contained the information about this man under my fingertips. The single piece of paper was cool against my dewy skin, just one paper about this man meant that he either murdered our headmaster by accident, his guardian dispatched a killer to take care of their responsibility, or that he had his records cleaned out. I whispered his name so I could at least start with the pronunciation before moving onto the actual crime he committed. He was supposedly caught wandering on our territory due to evidence of the security footage. 
Skipping several lines that consisted of words that had nothing in relation of the problem, I found how I could at least search for him. His corporation and many other, including ours, were to assemble to discuss financial balances that I didn't have time to give a rat's about, and then merge certain business that were power-hungry. I could disguise myself and slyly stroll in as a heir. 
"I'll come back when the job's done," I stated curtly to where he couldn't think up a response quick enough to hold me back from exiting. Proceeding to my dorm was the first thought that surfaced my mind. It would be best and to my advantage to manipulate time to set everything before the event. 
 
The simple dress that laid my bed was too long to run in but I will have to make do. I tossed myself under the dress, tugging it in places where it hugged my body, then once I was satisfied with how it fit, I padded into the bathroom in my black pumps- as the public refer to them as. There, I applied minimal amount of foundation to conceal some of my flushed skin. I pinned my hair into a knot that was secure enough to flee in while still having an elegant touch. I sprayed vanilla perfume onto my sweaty skin, beauty was an effort that is not simply obtained within a few seconds. I exited the bathroom once I was finished with appearance and searched in my room for the not so prepossessing part of my job. My beloved knife was strapped on my left thigh and my pistol just below it, suppressed under my black dress. If I was going to risk my life, might as well have a back up on me. 
Without stumbling over my own two feet, I managed to depart from the building I acknowledged too well and into the depths of peril that I knew could either make or break me. It was quite a risky opportunity, there were going to be important people, famous or infamous, that wouldn't leave the sight of their body guard, anyone with two eyes could see that. I could be shot right on the spot for all I know. 
The company's motorcycle that was gifted to me was under me in a matter of milliseconds. It shone crimson with anticipation and roared with life. I pressed the throttle and the bike lurched into the street, but after halting at a redlight, I got the beast under control. The wind was strong, brewing the hairs that weren't long enough to fit snug my bun. 
"One-two-four, Sunset Valley," I murmured but I couldn't hear my words over the wind. 
 
The brakes on the bike jerked it to a halt, allowing me to straddle off without running over myself. I placed my leather jacket- that hardly completed it's job of keeping the freezing wind away from my upper body- on the handle and proceeded into the establishment before me. It towered over me, I was nothing compared to it in size, like an ant compared to a human. I pushed the door with my bare hands, at that moment I just recalled the thought of wearing gloves; it was already too late to return. The inside was illuminated- but dark enough to conceal the shine of a blade- with chandeliers that hung in the arched ceilings that were heavens away, and the short hallway was lit with blue lights. Pairs of people, young and elderly, were dancing with one another while others that were left out joined into groups that were discussing who knows what. Alcohol was the first odor that reached my nose before I could smell the flowers perched in china vases on the beverage table. I grabbed a shot of tequila to warm myself up from the cold world. 
"Hey, babe. Wanna dance?" A man, generations older than me, beckoned with his finger. "It'll be worth wild." 
"No thanks, ask someone who's in the mood," I said briefly before strolling casually into the crowd. I expected the man to trail right behind me but the state he was in, wasted and dewy with sweat, I received a second thought. Music blasted through the multiple speakers I passed over, giving me a slight headache, or was that the tequila? 
I've been searching for this man for fifteen minutes the least, without any progress. It was when I was stepping backwards, my heel dug into a shoe. I whipped around to discover just the man I wanted to encounter. 
"Ouch," he meant to say it for his foot but he was examining me. "Looking for someone?" 
I cracked a smile, "Not really." 
He requested for a dance, which I definetly accepted. The man was too gorgeous to have done such a crime, his dark eyes shaded by his congruent hair, his lighlty tanned skin, small but plump lips. My heartbeat picked up in the beat of a drum due to his mesmerizing beauty. Never in my life have I seen anyone that could compare to him; this was utterly unexpected. I cleared my throat of tension that was building up and averted my eyes from his features. He placed his hands on my waist, one on my back to draw our bodies closer than a stranger would allow. But I did, I couldn't tame the raging thoughts coursing through my mind at the second. 
"You don't mind right?" He inquired with those innocent eyes. I shook my head for there were no words I could've said that qualified under cool, calm, or collected. My heart raced even more than it was already, my mind was becoming dizzy from waltzing in circles.
"Are you okay?" 
"Yeah, yeah. I'm just a bit dizzy," I said as coherent as possible, which standing without collapsing was difficult enough. He intertwined his hand into mine, guiding me to one of the tables that were left barren, even the utensils and plates were untouched. He pressed his fingertips against my forehead, feeling for a temperature that was boiling by now. 
The gentleman in front of me began to fuzz, I could barely see him grab the cloth on the table and drench it with icy water. Coolness rushed to my head where it was required the most. 
This mission was a bust. In the deepest chambers in my heart, a voice screamed to not even land a harmful finger on his head, but my mind and the sack of income hissed to wring his neck. With all the strength in my body, I clutched onto his cheeks and collided his delicate lips into mine. His pressure implied that he enjoyed it, he wanted more than he could digest. I couldn't take the gazes of the few pedestrians that now meant nothing to me, he dragged me into a hallway that lead into hotel bedrooms once he witnessed my eyes wandering from the discomfort. That was when he attacked me with his lips, trailing kissing down my lips, passed my chin and onto my neck. My fingers entangled themselves into his locks, some were pasted onto his forehead. I brushed them away as gently as I could, in fear I would shatter him. 
"Minhyuk," I gasped for a breath of air. His swollen lips returned to mine, dominating me into an enticing dance that only we knew the steps to. He drew back, ramming into the opposite wall, deadly staring into the pit of my soul. While all of this occurred in a short notice, my right hand was planted on the knife. I had to do it. It slid a few millimeters out of its holster, but his words forced me to place it back into it's previous position. 
"I've been waiting for you," he stated in a hushed, velvety voice. His breath tickled the microscopic hairs on my face, wracking my inside and out with goosebumps. 
I wasn't returning home.