The Perks of Being a Babysitter

The Perks of Being a Babysitter

Sehun-ah, Jongin-ah, stop running around! You make me dizzy, seriously!.” Baekhyun pinch the bridge of his nose in frustration. As expected, taking care of Junmyeon and Kyungsoo’s children is more stressful than doing his exams. Baekhyun sighs for the nth time today.

“Aish! that hyung! I’ll kill him when they come back tomorrow.”. Baekhyun kicks the table in front of him and realizing that it was a bad idea. He winces at his redden toes. Suddenly, the room is silent and two children climb on his lap and start hugging him. Baekhyun smiles from their cute antics. It’s not really that bad, after all.

 

***

“What? Are you serious hyung?.” Baekhyun jumps from his comfortable seats beside Tao. Tao looks at him confused. He gives Tao an apologetic smile and move towards their kitchen.

I told you before Baekhyun-ah. I’ll take Kyungsoo to New York for our second honeymoon. It’ll be a big surprise for him. Please help me, Baekhyun-ah.” Junmyeon pleads. Baekhyun sighs and scratch his un-itchy hair.

“But I’m not really good with babies, hyung.  Do you remember when Luhan cried loudly after I take him from Chanyeol’s arms? Oh my god. It’s so loud until I can’t even hear my own voice.” Baekhyun gulps down his remaining orange juice on the table and sits down.

It’s because Jongin behind your back. Come on Baekhyun-ah. I don’t want to make my husband disappointed. It’s just for 5 days and we’ll come back as soon as possible. Pleaseeeee.” Baekhyun can hear Junmyeon’s pleading tones.

“Okay, okay hyung. I understand. And please don’t use that tone. I can imagine your face while you doing that thing. Ew.”

At least Kyungsoo said that I always look handsome no matter what.” Baekhyun chokes and laughs loudly at Junmyeon.

“Whatever, hyung. Should I come to your home now?.” He checks his watch and and stands up.

Yes please. Bring Tao too. I want to see him. Bye!.” Junmyeon hangs up and Baekhyun close his mouth.

“Seriously, this hyung!If it isn’t for Kyungsoo happiness, I won’t help you! Aish!.” He walks back to living room and sits beside Tao.

“What’s wrong, hyung?.” Tao asks him and wraps his arms around his shoulder. Baekhyun lays his head on Tao’s shoulder and looks up at his boyfriend.

“Junmyeon hyung and Kyungsoo are going to New York for their second honeymoon. And we will take care of  Jongin and Sehun for 5 days.” Tao looks down and smiling so wide until Baekhyun can see his entire teeth. Looks like Chanyeol already affecting his boyfriend too much.

“Let’s go to their home! I can’t wait to meet my cute nephew.” Tao stands up abruptly and make Baekhyun falls down to the couch. He gapes at his boyfriend and Tao pulls him up impatiently.

What’s wrong with these people today??.” Baekhyun internally screams and pull his hair in frustration.

 

***

 

Tao sees the cute scenes in front of him. Jongin and Sehun hug Baekhyun tightly and Baekhyun their head lovingly.

ah, I want to have children too like Junmyeon hyung and Kyungsoo.” He thinks and smiles unconsciously. He approaches them and sits beside his boyfriend. Baekhyun looks up at him and smiles prettily.

“Uncle Tao! Jonginnie and I want to drink bubble tea pleaseee~” Sehun whines at Tao from Baekhyun’s lap. Jongin looks up at him with his signature poker face.

look at that face. He really looks like his mom if he’s like that.” He whispered at Baekhyun and Baekhyun looks at Jongin’s face.

“Of course he looks like Kyungsoo. He’s his son after all.” Baekhyun rolls his eyes. Suddenly, his phone vibrated in his pants pocket. He takes it and swipes at the screen lock. It’s from Kyungsoo.

We already arrived, hyung. Is the kids alright? Hehe. We’re on our way to your apartment! c: -Kyungsoo-

Baekhyun smiles and leaning down to Sehun and Jongin. They look at Baekhyun in anticipation.

“Sehun-ah, Jongin-ah, looks like your mom and dad already on their way to pick you up. Are you happy?.” Sehun and Jongin’s face lit up like a Christmas tree. Tao and Baekhyun chuckle at their expression.

“Mom and dad are going to pick us up! Yay! Jongin-ah, we’ll meet mom and dad!.” Sehun jumps down from Baekhyun’s lap and pulling a beaming Jongin to jump around together. Baekhyun grinning at them and looks up when Tao squeezes his shoulder. He smiles softly to his boyfriend and lays his head to Tao’s shoulder. Not long after that, the doorbell rings and Baekhyun jumps from his seat. It must be them. He thinks and straightened his shirt. When he opens the door, Junmyeon and Kyungsoo’s beaming face greets him. He crosses his arms and leaning on the doorframe beside him.

“Well, how’s the honeymoon hyung? Do you have time to go outside or maybe you two spend your time inside and planning on having another baby?.” Baekhyun asks and then grinning creepily. Kyungsoo blushes furiously at his remark while Junmyeon grinning at Baekhyun.

“Of course we have time exploring too, Baekhyun-ah. But, more spending time inside I guess.” Junmyeon says and wriggling his eyebrows at his red red red face husband. Kyungsoo hits his husband’s arm and Baekhyun laughs loudly.

“ Shut up, hyung. Where’s my baby? I miss them so much.” Kyungsoo peeks inside and then Sehun and Jongin already running to their parents with Tao walks behind them.

“ Mom, Dad!!.” Jongin shouts loudly and Junmyeon open his arms to catch his oldest son.

Aigoo~ looks like you gain weight, Jongin-ah~ look at these cheeks~” Junmyeon kisses his son right cheek with loud smooching sound. Jongin grimaced at his dad and cleans his face with his sleeves.

“Maybe you’re too old, dad. I’m not gaining weight at all.” Jongin mutters to his dad shoulder. Tao and Baekhyun laughs at Jongin’s remark. Kyungsoo tries to hide his smile and Sehun giggling from Kyungsoo’s arms.

“ Yah! How could you say that, Kim Jongin! I’m not going to carry you again!.” Junmyeon pretends to put Jongin down but he grips Junmyeon’s shirt tightly.

“ Maybe Jongin is right, hyung. Your back hurts a lot right?.” Baekhyun chuckles and dodges when Junmyeon tries to hit him. He hides behind Tao and sticks his tongue out.

“ Stop it, hyung. Let’s just go home because our Sehunnie is already sleepy.” Kyungsoo says and they look at Sehun yawning just in time. Junmyeon pats his head and turns to Baekhyun and Tao.

“ Okay Baekhyun-ah, Tao-yah. Thanks for babysitting our children.” Junmyeon chuckles at Baekhyun’s face.

“ Especially you, Baekhyun-ah. Even though you said that you’re not really good with babies, but you help us. Thanks a lot.” Baekhyun smiles at his hyung and pats his shoulder.

“ That’s okay hyung. I really enjoy it, though. Sehunnie and Jonginnie are good children. I wish I have a son like them too.” He Jongin hair and smiles when Jongin turns his head to him. Tao looks at him.

“ Get married with Tao then have baby too. Like us.” Junmyeon looks at his husband ant then smiles sweetly. Baekhyun flushes brightly.

“ If Baekhyun wants it, then I’m more than ready to propose.” Baekhyun turns his head at Tao and gaping like a gold fish. Tao smiles at him and squeezes his shoulder. Kyungsoo clears his throat and nudges Junmyeon’s arms.

“ Errrr…. Tao-yah, can you give me Sehun and Jongin’s bag? I think we should go home now.” Junmyeon says while adjusting Jongin in his arms. He’s already asleep and drooling on his shirt.

“ Oh, I forget hyung. Sorry.” Tao smiles sheepishly. He takes it from behind door where he leaves it. Then, Junmyeon and Kyungsoo say goodbye to Baekhyun and Tao and mouthing good luck to Tao’s direction.

 

***

 

Baekhyun still can’t believe on what he heard today. Tao wants to propose to me? He thinks and mentally squeals like a girl. He rolls on his blanket and puts his pillow on his face. Then he feels the bed beside him dips lightly and arms engulfing him from behind. He feels his face heating up when Tao nuzzles his head to his nape and kiss it lightly. He turns his body to his boyfriend. Tao’s eyes glinting even in the dark. He Tao’s cheek and pecks his lips lightly.

“ Are you serious, Tao-yah? Are you really going to propose to me?.” Baekhyun shivers and closes his eyes when Tao holds his face. With a serious face, he stares straight to Baekhyun’s eyes.

“ Yes, I’m serious hyung. I want to spend my life with you and our future children.” Baekhyun gaping again like a goldfish. Tao chuckles at his boyfriend expression and his cheeks.

“ Byun Baekhyun, would you be my faithful partner and the mother of my children and loves me forever? Would you marry me?.”  Tao says and hoping that his boyfriend will accept him. He worries his lower lip when Baekhyun doesn’t say anything and keep lowering his head.

“ Y-yes, Huang Zitao. I do.” Baekhyun cries harder when Tao hugs him tightly.

That night they sleep with smile on their face. Maybe babysitting Sehun and Jongin is not really bad after all. If he knows it’ll be leading to this, he would do that for a long time ago. Baekhyun thinks and smiles giddily. Even he wouldn’t mind if Chanyeol and Kris hyung bring Luhan to their apartment, too.