Her POV

Unbearable Memories

Her POV....

I woke up in the morning very early. ANd all I can see from my window outside are heavy clouds while the rain is pouring down from it's soft like pillow.

Everytime I woke up early, I always caught the sky so dark and crying.

Like it tells em that everyday is a sad day even though nothing seems to be in a particular. Well, for my opinion.

 

I stand up and bring my own self to the kitchen and drag something to eat. Then go wash myself, prepare and check if there's nothing to be left.

That's my basic cycle. A routine that my body does and my life enters since the day I had lost everything in my mind.

My parents told me that I was caught in an accident when the time I was going for an operation.

I had brain tumor at that time.

The early to see a doctor and do a medical operation, the faster I'll feel better and make it stop.

 

But, unfortunately, while I was going to the hospital, my driver didn't notice the stoplight and before I knew it, an eight-wheeler truck hit us.

I was rushed to the hospital. Then everything went black at my sight.

My mom said, I was comatose for a week. When I woke up, I cannot remember anything. Even the slightest part of my identity.

All was gone...

With the help of my family and other friends, I regain myself and know who they were and where I was. Until everything went back to normal.

 

But something's still missing.....

 

And that missing part was my mission to find it out.

Although I don't know where to start.

There's one thing I couldn't remember also... Before I had an accident, what am I doing?

I had a dream once in a while of a man sitting in a couch while I was turning my back at him. I don't know who he is. His face was blurry and then I removed something from my finger. I guess it's a ring? Then I face the man, took his hands and gave to him the thing that I was holding and then I walked out. 

This dream repeats over and over again. If not there's always another dream about having a good and pleasant time with a man also. The same man from the first dream. We were cooking something and then we would laugh and smile. Then sipping coffee or I would be sleeping in his lap while he was reading a book.

These two dreams always take turns everynight.

I don't know if it's a nightmare or what...

 

I looked at my clock and it's almost past 7.

I got to be ready for my work. I don't want to miss it even though it's raining.

I went outside my apartment and walk 'til I get to my work.

The rain doesn't stop until I was in my destination. My work starts at 8 and it's almost time. I should be happy and be calm. But something bothers me starting from when I woke up. Is there something that would happen like tragic or what?

tss... nevermind, work first before that thing.

 


 

What a tiring day. I've been working for hours and my break time is also finished but it doesn't help.

I peeked outside to see if the rain is still on going but, good to know that the sun is coming out! Wihee! oh, Mr. Sun, come out now! Hihi

I walked outside of the shop to feel the fresh air. I can't help but to smile in this different aura. It's nice to see the sun was glowing now.

It took a while after I notice that there is someone in front of me. But I didn't mind and went inside as soon as I checked the sun coming out.

I resumed my work and notice that someone came in the shop. I forgot to greet him because I was too busy on what I am doing right now.

 

He walked to sat in a table not too far from the counter I was in.

Even though I was busy doing something, I was paying attention also to the stranger that came in only a few minutes ago.

He's so an attention catcher... But from the way he walks a while ago seems to be that he has a problem, I guess?

Well every once in a while he would be looking at the spot where I am standing and then back to the imagination world. He was spacing out too much and he sits there like a dead man. He is not moving or anything. He would do rather than touching the ring in his finger or probably blink his eyes.

I look at him again once more and then one of my co-workers had interrupted him with his thoughts. After their short talking, my co-worker went to my place said that one order of coffee....

"What kind of coffee? Brewed or not?" - me.

"I don't know. He just simply requested for a cup coffee. I couldn't ask for more because of the way he was right now. He seemed so depressed."

 

Well yeah the same goes with my observation. I'll just make a coffee no matter what.

As I was making a coffee, I was tensing up. But have to get rid of it. There's nothing to get nervous... Why am I like this?

After I make the coffee, I went to his table and put the cup in his table.

I think I distracted him from his thoughts but nevermind. I've served what he wants so I'm out of here~

"Enjoy your cup sir." That's all I have to say as a formal worker and flash a smile so it wouldn't be that impolite.

 

I went back to the counter and finished all the task that was given to me.

But I still see the man from the near table spacing out. What is his problem? I feel creepy about this but I want to ask why is he spacing out too much in this kind of place....

"Miss, can I have a tissue here, please."

"Ah, yes coming right up..." a lady behind the man requested a tissue and I gave her it in an instant.

As I turn around, I saw the man a while ago walking away now slowly.

I think his done? I was about to clean up the table when I noticed that he left his ring on the table. So I took it and follow him from behind.

 

"Uhm sir?" when I reached him, I tapped his back and called him.

He became stiff when I touched him. He slowly turn his back to his face me. I was smiling that time but when I saw his face, it faded away.

Why is he making face like that? It's like it's breaking my heart also.

From the way he looks at me, it's like he knew me very well.

"Sir I believe this is.............yours...?" I held my hand up to make him see the ring that he left.

 

When I take a look again once more, his tears are falling down from his eyes. But it's different. He is smiling while crying?

Why? Did I do something wrong? His feelings are reflecting and it was genuine. Why is it like this? Why is my heart beating so fast and at the same time, it breaks.

He held up his hand also. I thought he would get the ring out of my hands but instead, he closed my hands and keep the ring onto me.

When he touch my hand, a picture pops out of my mind.

 

Is this the missing piece?

 


 

I was standing here in front of the coffee shop and it is raining.

I didn't bring my umbrella. Yeah, bad timing.

I was waiting for the rain to stop when someone comes out of nowhere and placed an umbrella on top of me.

When I looked at him, he smiled at me and offered me that he will take me home.

 

Yes, he's a stranger to me but when he came in, my heart starts to beat loud and I can't express this kind of feeling.

Maybe it's love? perhaps it is.

 

"I'm Kim Myungsoo... nice to meet you. Let's go?"


 

Now I remember....

This is the missing piece. This is the exact piece I was looking for the whole time...

Myungsoo.... why didnt he showed up earlier?

 

Why is my freaking mind didn't remember him once I saw him outside of the shop?

Why didn't I even realized it?

I'm so useless!

 

I was dumbfounded. And all I could do is gaze up at him. His hands slowly sliding away from mine.

He kept on crying silently and his tears won't stop falling. Please.... Stop Crying...

He smiled and then nodded. Is this a sign that he is leaving after we met for the second time?

Myungsoo, don't go away please....

My mind and body is not functioning. Tears begun to fall and I couldn't help but to cry.

 

I want to follow him as he went outside and gone.

I want to hug him from behind and say that -I'm here-

I want to kiss him again and say that I remember him now.

I want to spent the day with him right now and leave my work just for him.

I want to be with him forever.

 

But it was too late....

 

I can't bring him back here. I just can't. I don't know why!? Why am I like this!?

Is he leaving me all behind with his ring as his remembrance and last memory?

I can't bear to loose him in the second chance.

 

Second Chance huh. I lost it.

I was hoping that when I figure out the missing piece, my life would be great and complete.

But now, it was gone.

I ruined everything!

 

He ended up here. He left. Just like I did long ago.

Those dreams.... They weren't just a dream.

 

Those are the memories I couldn't handle for a long time that couldn't fade away like forever.

My Unbearable Memories....