Found

Aftermath

Hyeri:

I heard a whoop in the distance. I saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun decending down toward us with Sehun tagging along. I gasped, hoping that it was true. It was to good to be true. I felt Mira hopefully scan them, looking for Suho, but he wasn't among them. Kai and Kyungsoo sprinted to them, the ramen and beef ribs all forgotten. I ran to Baekhyun, glad that I found him. 

"Hyeri! Thank god!" He hugged me tightly, glad to see me. 

"Baekhyun!" I felt tears of happiness gather in my eyes. Baekhyun took a step back and looked at our 'camp.' He patted me proudly.

"Well done Hyeri, well done." He mischeviously grinned before stealing some ribs. Kai whined in protest, but as soon as he saw Sehun being skinny as he was due to the fact he ate little, he shut up.

"I'll make more!" Kyungsoo went into a makeshift tent to look for more food. Mira sat next to the fire, deflated. I sat down next to her and tried to console her.

"It'll be fine. We'll search for him until he is found." I promised in my determined manner. Mira looked at me with lifeless eyes, "What if he's dead?" She looked more vulnerable and weak than she's ever been. I wouldn't blame her, Suho was the only family she had left.

"He won't be," I tried to convince her, but I knew that I may be lying. I need to find Suho for her sake. Kyungsoo placed 2 bowls of ramen and ribs in front of us and turned to Mira, "I'll look for him." He continued to serve people.

"I think he should be find, he's smart." Mira tried to be logical and cheerful, but it was failing bigtime.

"Just enjoy the food," I watch her nod and dig in. Kyungsoo, the budding chef, could make terrible things taste good like tomatoes. 

~~~

The next morning, it was bright and sunny and Kyungsoo, Kai, Chanyeol and I set out for Suho. Baekhyun was still fast asleep and Mira was mourning with Sehun. They were really close friends. Poor Sehun. Kyungsoo and I head out one way while they headed the other.

"I feel bad for Mira," Kyungsoo stated, lifting up peices of wood that was in our path. He may appear weakish, but he was really strong actually.

"Mhm," I hummed in agreement and looked at the woods before us. There was a slim chance that Suho was beyond the woods, so we turned around. An alarmed shout was heard in the far far distance. Kyungsoo looked at me and we both sprinted in that general direction. 

"Was that Chanyeol?" I huffed and puffed after we ran for at least ten minutes. Kyungsoo shrugged and he began to slow down. 

"I think," he managed, taking in lungfuls of deep breaths.

"He should me ok," I was puzzled. Why did Chanyeol shout? He and Kai were both strong and smart, so they surely could defend themselves. But what was so alarming that made them scream bloody murder?

"Hyeri!" I turned around and saw Kai holding a limp body in his hand, Chanyeol trudging behind him, face ashen. I used my last ounce of strength to run to them. In Kai's arms were....

No. This couldn't be. 

Why must all this happen at once? Did God hate us? There must me a way to save him.

I would not ever show Suho to Mira in this state. I would nurse him back to...life if needed.

Kai gently but Suho onto the ground. I saw that he wasn't dead. He was breathing shallow breathes. Kyungsoo sputtered unintelligible words as he stared at Suho.

"He's ok," Chanyeol's tone was uncertain. He forced a smiled and danced around Suho, "We should look for wounds and try to heal him."

"Duh," Kai smacked Chanyeol, who pouted but stayed silent. I looked around for wounds. There wasn't any minor ones. He had a string of bruises running down his leg and his head had a major wound. There was no blood now.

"Oh ." Kai cursed under his breath when he saw Suho's head.

"Where did you guys find him?" My tone held authority. Kyungsoo quickly ripped some of his shirt and dip it into the jug of water he bought along. He placed it on Suho's wound, making Suho stir. 

"Well there was a huge piece of brick lying next to his head, somewhat covered in blood. There was a piece of wood lying on his legs. It wasn't a heavy peice though." Chanyeol described. I nodded. The brick should explain it.

"We need medical supplies for this. Stitches that is," I grimly pressed my lips together, "And we can't bring him to Mira in this state. She'd be devastated." Kyungsoo's head snapped up on the word stitches.

"How long will it take?" Kai asked. I pondered on the question for a while before coming up with an answer, "A day at least."

"Whaaa? How can that be so if we need to go back?" Chanyeol looked at Suho sadly. 

"Go back to camp and make an exuse for me. I'll stay with Suho here to tend him. See that thicket of bamboo there? I'll be there. Kyungsoo, leave the jug here and cook meals for them, but sneak some food and medical supplies to me and Suho please. Kai, you must distract Baekhyun and Mira about me. Chanyeol, make Mira happy. I'm going to find something that can be in the absence of stitches." The boys nodded at my commands and they rushed back. I sighed and took off the cloth. I needed a better look at the wound. 

"Oh god," I winced. Taking a few steps back, I found a pine tree that had lots of pine needles on it. Raising my eyebrows, I looked at the needles. They were kind of the shape of a regular needle. Now all I needed was string of some sort. How the heck will I find that? I walked back to Suho and tilted the jug of water Kuyngsoo left into his mouth. I saw his throat swallow some water. It was a good sign.

"WAHHH SPIDER!" I screamed suddenly. There was a huge spider next to me. It climbed up a bamboo stick to the very top, where there was a web. The web was large, fit for the fat spider. I bit my lip. If I killed it, I'd have string, but if I needed to kill it...ew. Mira crept into my thoughts. I have to push away my fears to heal Suho for her. I glared at the spider and smacked at it. It died instantly, and there was an imprint of it on my palm. I screamed, waking the dead. As quickly as I could, I wiped it onto the bamboo. Picking up Suho's body, I moved it away from the spider guts. Entangled in my hands was the web. 

At least something good came out of that experience. Now I had the role of nurse.