Name

Summer Dream

" We all crave a love so blissful, that in the end only sadness 

and pain will come. " -Unknown

If you knew Jung Jessica, you weren't so lucky. She was apparently an open book, an open ticket. That was not true. She put up an act for her 3 years of highschool and she swore she would keep it up for her last. Only her family and best friend Taeyeon knew the true her. The real Jessica. 

 

" Jung Jessica! " a voice called out. 

" Neh, Mrs.Lee? " the young girl replied. 

" Fetch me some ice tea. It's extremely warm even with the air-con on. " 

" Neh. " Jessica said as taking some money to buy the ice tea. 

 

It really is a nice day today Jessica thought. She walked until reaching her destination, " Song Drinks. "  It was her boss's favorite place to have a snack, lounge around, or just have some tea. Being very known at the cafe, she didn't have to wait in line. All she did was show the person at the cashier a special card and boom, the drinks were there as quick as one two three. 

 

Jessica walked back to the Lee's resident when she noticed a peculiar voice. It sounded like her best friend, but Taeyeon wouldn't be around these areas. Taeyeon was a very poor girl, who by her clothing would have been beaten up by now in these streets. Jessica knew Mrs. Lee was waiting, but Jessica's curiousity took over her.

 

Following the sound she heard, she became suprise. There, in broad daylight, was her best friend in designer clothes with hair and makeup done. She looked like an idol, a gorgeous one. It was awkward for Jessica seeing her best friend who just yesterday was wearing sweats and boots, in supermodel clothing. Her best friend's voice snapped Jessica out of her thoughts. 

 

" Mr. Choi! You are a clumsy fool. I told you I didn't want to visit her today. She makes me sick to my stomach and I feel like puking. That old witch deserves a smack in the face with a car! " Taeyeon screamed. 

" But you see Ms. Kim, she misses you. "  

" Misses me? Please. She misses me because my father gave me a couple plane tickets to Hawaii for my friends and me, not for her! " 

" But Ms.Kim-- " 

" Stop Mr. Choi. I'll visit her, but only for 30 minutes. " 

 

With that, Jessica heard Taeyeon get in the car and drive off. Jessica didn't know what to feel. Should she feel betrayed that Taeyeon was actually a heir and didn't tell her, or simply the fact that Taeyeon put up such a good act? She was running late already so she ran to the Lee's resident. Surprisingly, Taeyeon was there at the door step! Jessica waited before proceeding towards the door.

 

" Omo! Taeyeon ah! You've gotten so much more beautiful! "  Mrs. Lee spoke. 

" Do you have a boyfriend? " 

" Ani. " Taeyeon replied coldly. She hoped this lady could take a hint. 

 

Jessica couldnt hide anymore. The ice was melting and the cup was getting slippery. 

 

" Jessica! You've arrived. " 

" Jess? " Taeyeon said surprisingly.

" Anyeong Ms. Taeyeon ssi. " Jessica said very politely. She knew if she had spoken like her and Taeyeon were best friends, hell would come after Taeyeon left. 

" Anyeong Mrs. Lee. "   The person most surprised was definitely Taeyeon. She knew her step-mom had a maid around her age, but Taeyeon never thought it was Jessica. Her best friend always showed a smile and never mentioned working. 

 

" Taeyeon-ah, would you like anything to eat or drink? " the witch asking like a queen said. 

" I need to speak with Jessica. " Taeyeon spoke as she grabbed her best friend's arm and took her to the garden. 

" Jung Jessica! You're working for my step-mom? "  Jessica couldn't breathe anymore. She just found out Taeyeon was lying about her whole life and now telling her she was the daughter of her boss? 

" Kim Taeyeon! " Jessica yelled even louder. " Don't you think I should be asking the questions here. " 

" Tell me the truth. "  Taeyeon knew what Jessica would say. Oh sweet Jessica, the girl who would stand up for a friend, but kept quiet for everything else. 

" Well you see, Jess I-- " Taeyeon was cut off. " Girls! Come inside!! " the butler said.  Jessica went in first, quickly speed walking past Taeyeon. Aish!  Taeyeon thought. 

 

Eventually Jessica got a chance to hear Taeyeon's story. Taeyeon, coming from a superior family, switched schools and hid under a low profile from the tabloids. They met, became best friends, and did everything together. Sadly, Taeyeon couldn't tell Jessica yet. Her older step-brother was planning to come back to Korea and Taeyeon didn't want to put her Dad in pressure. They decided to keep their BFF status hidden until Taeyeon's older brother came back and settled.

 

" Ahhhhh! " the two girls heard. " Taeyeon! Come down! "

Taeyeon went down and saw her step-mom in tears of joy. " What's happening " Taeyeon said.

" He's coming back! " she said as the butler had to start calming her down. " He's finally coming! "

 Oppa?  Taeyeon thought. Suddenly a wave of joy came over Taeyeon. Witch Lee would be too preoccupied with her oppa, and she and Jessica could be best friends freely! " Really?!  That's great! " 

" Jessica! Prepare for his arrival. Borrow a dress from Taeyeon and get ready for the party! " 

" Neh, Mrs. Lee. "   Jessica was shocked that Mrs. Lee actually included Jessica in something that she was going to host. This son must be very important to her.. 

 

" Taeyeon, could you tell me about your brother? You seemed very happy when you heard the news. " 

" Trust me, he's nothing special. I mean, yeah, rich and attractive comes in handy. But his personality is like the average heir. They're cocky and rude. " Taeyeon explained. 

" Don't get in trouble, Jess " she warned. " He'll drag you with him. " 

" Okay. "   A simple reply was all she needed to say.

 

The time for her brother's arrival came quicker than expected. Taeyeon thought he would skip coming home after a very long trip and go clubbing with his friends. Jessica was upstairs, preparing a few extra things in the hallway. She would have been at home by now, but her Mom knew that sometimes she stayed here working late. The doorbell rang and Jessica had to run through what seemed like an endless hallway. 

 

" Jessica! Hurry up! " her boss screamed. She was just about to go down the stairs when she noticed her shoes, or more preferably her socks. She had no shoes to wear! She sprinted back into Taeyeon's room to pick up her flats. " Jung Jessica! He's already here! "   This time the voice was Taeyeon's. She hurried and was finally downstairs, but that took 5 minutes.

 

When Jessica arrived, no one was in sight. Jessica turned to a young-looking face. 

" Yah! Be careful! " the disrespectful boy said as he dusted his shirt. 

" Sorry. " Jessica spoke carefully as she to walk to look for the others. 

" They're not there. My step-dad was more important than me I guess. " he chuckled. 

That made her turn around, but stayed still. This time she examined him. He seemed cocky and rude, had attractive looks, and was the only one left apparently. " You're.. Taeyeon's brother right? " 

" And how would you know? You just work here. From what I know, Taeyeon would never visit this hell unless she was being forced. Also, my mom would never talk about Taeyeon unless her dad sent a little present. " 

Jessica was sure this was Taeyeon's brother. " Ah, so you are her brother. " 

" Step brother. " he replied. " Im her step, not her real brother. " 

 

Jessica didn't know why he had to say that, but that wasn't her main thought. She diverted her attention to a group of people walking in in an unfashionable way. Jessica quickly reconized Mrs. Lee, but couldn't see Taeyeon in sight. She ran out the door, and Taeyeon's brother saw. He followed her and noticed her reason for walking around the neighborhood at 11:46pm at night. 

 

" You know it's useless right, " he spoke. " She's probably slapping the hell out of Yoona right now. " 

That startled Jessica. " And Yoona is.. " 

" A . " he finished for her. 

" Don't ask anymore questions. You're a acting like an immature child, maid. " he slightly yelled because he was one walking backwards away from her. " Says the one who hasn't even mentioned his name! " she slightly yelled back, taking steps closer to him. 

 

" It's Donghae, don't wear it out. " 


A\N: I'm sorry it's boring. 

        Jessica is 17, Donghae is 18.