Final

Missing Piece

"Jiyoung,my mom used to say," my friend Minah sat beside me. "Hatred is just a mask to hide that person's real feelings," I faced her. "Well too bad," I smirked. "Jung Jinyoung doesn't have feelings," I stood up and pat her head. "Everyone knows that," I smiled at her and walked back to the old music room. I walked inside the room and looked at the old musical instruments I used to have fun with. I touched the piano and ran my finger to it's pieces. I stared at the spot of the missing piece. I took out the missing piece from my pocket and put it back on the piano. "Your complete now," I whispered and sat down. It's been so long since I came here in this music room. I always played this piano with him, my bestfriend, Jung Jinyoung.. I pressed the lowest note over and over again. When I used to play this piano, I press the lowest note then Jinyoung press the highest note. I waited for him here, in this exact place, waiting for him to play this with me again but he never came. "You're still doing that?" I smiled and stopped pressing the piece. "Well you should stop cuz it's hurting my ear," I chuckled. "You really are a heartless person Jung Jinyoung," I stood up and walked pass him."Oh you're home," I smiled at my Mom.

 

Jinyoung's P.O.V

 

"I mean, how could she say that I'm a heartless person!?" I shouted. "Maybe it's because you left without saying a word," Gongchan handed me juice. "That's it?" I tugged on my sleeve. "You came back with that bad boy attitude of yours," Sandeul sat beside me. "She waited for you to come on that old music room, every day for 2 years," CNU came in the room. "And," Baro started. "What? What did I do?" I glared at him. "You're letting her go without saying sorry," Baro handed me a letter. "What's this?" I asked. "It's from Jiyoung. She left just now," I opened the letter.

 

Jinyoung-ah, take care of yourself and also my cousin Baro. Soften your heart a bit and stop being involved in fights. Can you watch the old music room from time to time? I don't want it to be ruined. By the time you read this maybe I'm on my way to the hospital. Who knows? Maybe this will be the last letter I'll send you.. Goodbye.

 

"Why is she going to the hospital?" I asked Baro. "I don't know," I stood up."Why is she going there?" the 4 nudged each other. "Am I the only one who doesn't know?" they made a peace sign. "Umm... she kinda, kinda," I glared at Sandeul. "Felt ill so we took her to the hospital last week when you were here sleeping," Baro covered CNU's mouth. "And?" I asked. "We found out that she has this brain tumor and it was her last visit to the school yesterday but you were being a jerk so she left earlier than we expected," Gongchan spoke up. "Tumor?" they nodded. "That's why she was at the music room yesterday," I bit my lip. "Here," Sandeul handed me a piano piece. "You know, she held onto this for 2 years because she said you were the one who gave this to her but I guess she's giving it back now," Gongchan stood up. "You better go to her right now hyung."

 

Jiyoung's P.O.V

 

I'm here at the hospital.. just waiting for my test results. I sat at my bed and looked out the window. I took my phone and looked at the video Jinyoung made for me 2 years ago on my birthday...

 

"Jiyoung-ah! It's your birthday today^_^ I bought you a guitar, did you like it!? Sorry I'm not there today, it's my sister's graduation so.. Take good care of yourself and call you later!"

 

I stopped the video and looked at the guitar he gave me. I don't know how to play it and I don't want to if it's not Jinyoung teaching me.. I felt kind of thirsty so I took the glass of water on the side table but my hand lost it's strength. The glass shattered on the floor and I just smiled. "You're really ill aren't you?" I touched my pale lips. "You're getting paler and paler Jiyoung," I lied down on my bed and looked at the ceiling. "You won't be able to see him Jiyoung, stop dreaming," I whispered and took the remote.. "Jiyoung!" I looked at the door. "I knew you would come, Jinyoung-ah," I drew my last breath and dropped the remote.