The Habit

The Habit

Kyuhyun was never really a tidy person, especially on school breaks. He's already happy sitting in front of his laptop, jabbing his slim fingers on his mouse and keyboard to kill those virtual monsters. The 17-year old boy can survive an entire week just playing Starcraft.

He rarely takes a bath and changes his clothes. The only times that he goes out from his piggery - as what his cousin Heechul would say - were when it's meal time or when he has some toilet business.

In short, Kyuhyun lives like a modern human pig.

Of course, having been able to know Kyuhyun's life since the younger's birth, he knew why he was like that. Kyuhyun's parents separated when the boy was merely 6 years old and he lived with his father since then. His father was a lot nicer than his mother, who had been too busy working his off for him and Kyuhyun's expensive schooling, leaving him no time to spend with his son. That is why Kyuhyun resorted to playing computer games.

Kyuhyun was a genius (an attractive one, to be honest) yet anti-social. He never really made an effort in making friends in school, though he probably considered his online playmates, who came from different countries, as his friends. Disregarding his computer buddies, the only living being he is close to is Heechul as he was the only relative near his age that Kyuhyun knows.

That is why, being the oh-so-loving and thoughtful cousin of Cho Kyuhyun, he invites his younger cousin to stay with their family every summer. Mr. Cho was more than grateful to them for it.

Unfortunately, they can't drag Kyuhyun out of his own room and Heechul refuses to share the same room with him. Hell no. He would rather sleep outside.

 

It was until that day Heechul passed by Kyuhyun's room and there's that undeniable stink coming from it which almost made him puke.

Putting on a face mask, he slammed the door open and shouted, "CHO KYUHYUN!" It successfully caught the younger's attention, with Kyuhyun quickly removing his headphones and looking at him with a glare. The glare was a trademark of their blood.

He marched towards his cousin and dragged him to the bathroom, ignoring the other's protests of not finishing his game because he doesn't give a damn. He could always play that tonight.

"You, Cho Kyuhyun, will take a ing bath for an hour, scrub away all the filth on and in your body, and dress up like a human being. We are going out." He said slowly so it would stay in the gamer's head, before throwing a towel and pushing the door on Kyuhyun's pleading face.

A proud smirk formed on his lips after hearing the shower being .

 

True to his words, Kyuhyun did finish showering for a bit more than hour. he guy went out with the towel wrapped around his waist. He knew Kyuhyun was skinny, but he didn't know he was skinnier. This boy needs more nutrition. Kyuhyun glared at him, his curly black strands falling on his forehead almost covering his face. He smiled sheepishly before rolling his eyes.

Knowing Kyuhyun doesn't have a good sense of fashion, he did the honors of choosing what the younger will wear. Because his friends are fond of cute nerdy dongsaengs, he pulled out a simple white shirt with thin red stripes and blue jeans. He had a hard time finding for a normal one since almost all of Kyuhyun's shirts are Starcraft-inspired.

"Hyung, what are we going to do outside?" said Kyuhyun in his normal hoarse teen voice. At least, the kid had the nerve to brush his teeth.

"I'm gonna make you meet my friends."

 

 

He knew Kyuhyun was uncomfortable. From the moment the introduction started, Kyuhyun merely seated next to him in silence, answering questions thrown at him using a few words. His friends obviously find him cute, for they were almost hugging him to death. Except for their maknae, the innocent Donghae, who just wanted to play with someone younger than him.

It was when Sungmin, the cute older brother of Donghae, came to fetch his brother that he noticed Kyuhyun having more color on his face. Sungmin is - in any way - the prettiest male in town, because Kim Heechul is the most beautiful.

He wanted to burst out laughing when Kyuhyun blushed madly as Sungmin shook hands with him.

 

 

In his observation, Kyuhyun started becoming human after that. The kid takes a bath every day and lessens his time playing Starcraft. It was actually surprising that Kyuhyun was the one who asks if they will be going out to meet with his friends but will then ask if his Sungmin-hyung will be there.

He thought it was cute that Kyuhyun finally treats someone else as a friend or a brother until it got too annoying.

 

'Will Sungmin-hyung be there?'

'Is Sungmin-hyung coming?'

'Why isn't Sungmin-hyung here yet?'

'Did Sungmin-hyung tell you he's coming?'

'I thought Sungmin-hyung will be here?'

 

It was always 'Sungmin-hyung,'  'Sungmin-hyung,' 'Sungmin-hyung,' and 'Sungmin-hyung.' The kid would gladly change his name to Sungmin. No, he's not jealous; it's just that Kyuhyun is annoying.

Another weird thing he noticed about Kyuhyun was that every single ing time that they will go out to meet his friends with Sungmin, Kyuhyun will ing wear the same ing shirt he had during their first meeting.

 

Just like that time after they first met, the group agreed to go to Donghae's house, Kyuhyun wore that shirt again.

Also during the graduation day of Donghae.

The Lee brothers' mother's birthday, too.

That time when Donghae is sick.

Another one was when Donghae told Kyuhyun that Sungmin baked cookies.

And some other random days where they hung out and Donghae tagged his hyung along because he's scared to go home alone.

But when he asks Kyuhyun on why he wears that ing shirt every ing time, Kyuhyun will just shrug and walk to his Sungmin-hyung and follow him like a puppy. No, he's definitely not jealous.

 

Initially, he thought it was just coincidence and it was Kyuhyun's favorite shirt, but he once saw Kyuhyun washing that shirt after going home from their meeting with Sungmin and the others.

 

And so, to confirm his thoughts, he called Sungmin and invited him to come to their house to give him beauty tips. It was lame, and Sungmin was obviously surprised and hesitant about it. He could feel Sungmin was about to deny, but when he mentioned Kyuhyun, the other immediately said yes.

His gaydar could sense something fishy between these two.

 

He and Kyuhyun were watching a TV show while waiting for his mother to finish cooking. He hadn't informed Kyuhyun that Sungmin would be coming over, but why was Kyuhyun wearing that striped shirt again?

 

"Yah, brat, why are you always wearing that shirt?" He asked for the nth time, raising an eyebrow at the younger's calm answer. "Because it looks good on me."

"Says who?"

Much to his disappointment, the doorbell rang. He and Kyuhyun stared at each other, silently pointing at the other on who will open the door. But because he is older (and he knows that it is Sungmin), he won.

He watched Kyuhyun stomp his feet heavily as he made his way to the door. If only Kyuhyun knew what's out there for him, he wouldn't wear that frown on his forehead because it looks ugly. He muffled his laugh once Kyuhyun opened it and immediately blushed after seeing Sungmin on the doorstep. He is soooooo whipped.

"Kyuhyunnie!" Sungmin happily chirped and bounced on his heels. He swore Kyuhyun could faint now.

"S-Sungmin-hyung..." Kyuhyun stuttered. The boy looked so shocked and the face expression is too epic that he was regretting not bringing out a camera.

Sungmin eyed Kyuhyun from head to toe and then giggled softly. "You're wearing that shirt again. See, I told you it looks good on you."

 

Ah, so that's why Kyuhyun just loves wearing that shirt.

 

 

FIN

 

-This was totally random. XD

-I'm sorry for the randomness. I just really want to write this plot. Huuurrr.

-I got this from the idea: 'Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it every day." I just really imagine KyuMin on it TT________TT

-So how was my randomness? XD