What is this?!

Secrets and Moving on

Chapter Three

 

Jonghyun immediately skipped his afternoon classes because he’s going to Byunghun right now. His friend is in ICU and is deeply recovering from his chronic chest pains and attacks that made him idle for a week now.

 

But little to Jonghyun’s knowledge, Rian was following him from behind. Sneaking and hiding here and there, figuring things out. Why would Jonghyun keep secrets to him? And why can’t he tell that he had problems in his family. Rian is close to Jonghyun’s family since they were young and she would get worried if something happens to Jonghyun’s family.

 

….

 

“Jonghyun, thanks for taking care of my brother while I’m away,” Byunghun’s brother said.

 

“It’s okay, hyung. Byunghun is part of our family, too. He’s not different to me and to Rian.”

 

“Speaking of Rian, how is she? Did Byunghun told her?” Jonghyun shook his head remembering how sad Rian was telling him that she still loves Byunghun and how hurting for Jonghyun’s part that Rian can’t move on because of that. “Jonghyun?”

 

“Ne.. Uhm… How will I say this?” Byunghun’s brother stared at Jonghyun, waiting for an answer. “He broke up with her five months ago. After that, he left Rian crying every day. He made himself a jerk in front of her eyes just to hide the fact that he’s dying,” Jonghyun can’t stop himself and gritted his teeth in anger. Byunghun’s brother can feel it and just sighed. He’s mad at Byunghun for being a jerk to the girl Byunghun truly loved for how many years.

 

“Aish!! This rascal is a bit immature.. I thought he’s a man already. He’s still a boy,” Byunghun’s brother commented making Jonghyun looked to the floor , preventing his temper at this hour. He doesn’t want to show how mad he was. All he could pray was that Rian will never feel hurt because of this situation. She’s his friend and he really loves Rian.

 

“Hyung, I want to see Byunghun,” he was permitted and now he’s entering the ICU where Byunghun was. There he saw a pale, skinny Byunghun, has a mask on him and two tanks of oxygen are supporting his life. Jonghyun can’t help but let his anger at his friend go away because of what he had witness just now. “Hey.”

 

Byunghun looked up and saw Jonghyun, all worried and almost crying. He can endure the pain he’s feeling towards his friend. “Jonghyun.. You came. I told hyung not to call any of you,” that burned JOnghyun’s temporary temper.

 

“Are you crazy?! You should thank the Gods that he never called Rian!” but he’s back to normal again when he saw Byunghun breathe in difficulty.

 

“How… H-How’s.. How’s Rian?” he said between his breath and then took a deep breath. Jonghyun didn’t answered him but glared at Byunghun instead. “I think I should not open that up again.”

 

…….

 

‘Why is Jonghyun went to the hospital?’ Rian thought to herself.

 

She was 10 feet away from Jonghyun’s location. She made sure to completely see everything and hear everything unnoticed. She was succeeding though.

 

‘Byunghun’s older brother? When did he get back?’

 

“Aish!! This rascal is a bit immature.. I thought he’s a man already. He’s still a boy,” Rian was closely listening until he saw Jonghyun went inside the ICU. Why is he with Byunghun’s brother? It’s impossible if Byunghun’s parents are hospitalized. His mother is in U.S. and his father is in his hometown. Could it be? NO!!! Impossible!!

 

Rian ran to the door where Jonghyun and Byunghun’s brother entered. She saw the door half-opened. So she had the opportunity to know and confirm something.

 

Byunghun was there, lying down, sleeping.. But he was surrounded by two oxygen tanks and an electrocardiogram. ‘No way!!’

-----

 

“Please don’t let her know about this, Jonghyun-ah,” Byunghun said.

 

“Aish!! You rascal!! Why should I do that?! She’s my friend! And I won’t protect you from her.. She needs to know the truth,”

 

“I thought you love her?!” Byunghun was struggling to breathe after he raised his voice forcefully.

 

“Yes, I do,” Jonghyun answered calming down. “I don’t like hiding things from her. I’m her bestfriend, remember? I prioritize our friendship than ours, Byunghun. I’m sorry,”

 

“This will kill me more, Jonghyun.”

 

“It won’t. This will give you hope,” Jonghyun is really smacking himself in his thoughts. He didn’t want to do this. He wanted to follow Byunghun but he needs to do the right thing. It’s for the best for all.

 

“WHY ARE YOU ALL HIDING THIS FROM ME?!” Jonghyun turned his way as his eyes widened and saw a Rian crying and glaring at the three guys inside the hospital room. This time, Jonghyun had his chance and looked at Byunghun, also shocked and eyes widened in horror.

 

“Let’s talk about this outside, Rian. Byunghun needs his rest,” Jonghyun dragged Rian outside and left Byunghun and his brother a bit problematic at Rian’s sudden appearance.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hi everyone!! Sorry for the late update.. I'm getting busy again because of the Scholarship Examinations, Enrollment and stuff... I may be gone again for a while.. But I promise to finish this.. Keep on supporting this story.. Hhehehe..

 

And pleae do subscribe, vote and comment... LOVE YA!!!