Make Her Distracted

Secrets and Moving on

Chapter Two

 

“Lee Byunghun..” Jonghyun was trying his best to calm down. But the moment he saw the jerk, he punched him right on the face.

 

“Jonghyun-ah, calm down,” Minsoo was trying to control the growing tension between the two guys.

 

“How can I?! You dated my BESTFRIEND then just break her heart?! You are the one who gives her happiness!”

 

“Jonghyun, you don’t know anything here,” said Chanhee. Then Jonghyun’s face softened when he heard the hard cough coming from Byunghun. “This is why he broke up with Rian. He doesn’t want to let her know. Knowing that we’re all Rian’s childhood friends, he kept it as a secret.”

 

“Maybe I should tell you this,” he coughed again and this time it gotten worse which results to hard breathings. Byunghun started to tell the guys about his heart condition. It has gotten worse when he turned 12 and 4 months ago, his Doctor told him that it’s impossible for him to survive even for a heart transplant. Any heart that is available did not match to him. And he was only given 8 months to live and the symptoms of his heart failure are getting worse. Frequent heart attacks, hard breathings, low stamina, pale skin and low immune system are frequent appearing every day. And he needs to skip classes to monitor his condition. He spend most of his time

 

“Then why are you not being honest to her?” Jonghyun asked him. “If you love her, you have to tell her, not leave her.”

 

“I did that because I love her. I don’t want her to feel sad when she knows I am dying. She’s the best I ever had. That’s why I let her go and move on so she won’t see me dying.”

 

“Tch!! She’s going to die first if you keep on doing this to her.”

 

“That’s why, Jonghyun, make her forget about me. I know you have feelings for her,”

 

“!!! I can’t do it,” Jonghyun shouted. “This is not a child’s play, Byunghun,”

 

“I know, aside from me, I know how much you love her. I even felt the great love you had for her more than me.”

 

“Shut up,” with that, Jonghyun turned around and left the five guys and went somewhere else.

 

He doesn’t want to help Rian forget Byunghun. He doesn’t want to be used as an instrument of his loved on to move on for a dying guy. He loves Rian and he wants her to be his.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(After 2 months)

 

“Byunghun quitted school,” one of Rian’s classmate. “Maybe Rian will be more comfortable now. The jerk is now gone.”

 

Rian stared at them blankly. Her classmates got worried and shut their mouths. Rian’s about to stand up when the teacher came in.

 

….

 

“Rian-ah..” it’s lunchtime. She’s with Min Seul and the other guys. Since they were all worried about Rian’s condition right now that Byunghun even quitted school. “How’s your morning?” Chanhee asked.

 

“It’s fine,” but it’s too obvious that she’s not okay. The boys frowned and Jonghyun clenched his fists.

 

“It’s good to see you in this condition. You’re back with your appetite.. I miss that,” Daniel was sitting beside Rian who was eating full-heartedly. “Ooh!! Can I taste that one?” Daniel was puffing his cheeks making Rian laugh.

 

“No!!” Rian sticked out her tongue making Daniel pout and the rest on their table were laughing. Jonghyun softened at the sight. He was hoping that Rian will stay like that even if she will know Byunghun’s current situation.

 

He was enjoying the sight of Rian when he was interrupted by his phone. He grabbed it on his pocket and saw a text message on the screen.

 

From: Byunghun

               how’s Rian? i hope she’s doing fine… please keep her distracted

 

Jonghyun gritted his teeth resulting to the activation of his bad temper that was immediately sensed by Changhyun who was now hiding on Minsoo’s back. Rian stopped laughing and stared at her guy besfriend. “Is there something wrong, Jonghyun?” she asked.

 

“Nothing,” Jonghyun tried to regain his composure but failed when Rian looked at him suspiciously. “It’s really nothing, Rian. Don’t look at me like that.”

 

“Are you?” Rian stared at him for a few seconds and suddenly went back at her usual mood. Jonghyun sighed deeply and was now staring at his phone.

 

‘How can I distract her at this state? AISH!’

 

…..

 

After lunchtime, Rian was all alone. She told her everyone to go back first because she needs time alone. Little to her knowledge, Jonghyun was following her. He saw Rian stopped by an empty room where Byunghun and Rian usually sneaked out to cuddle for a while.

 

‘Why can’t she forget Byunghun already? The guy is praying hard to make her forget him.’

 

His thoughts wandered off until he heard sobs. He already knew who it came from so he decided to show himself towards Rian.

 

“Rian..” he ran to her and hugged her tightly. “Why are you still crying? Please stop it, Rian.”

 

“I can’t do it, Jonghyun. I still love him. Even though everyone sees me that I’m alright, I’m still hurt. I can’t forget him completely. Is he that disgusted towards me that he quitted school? Or does he have another girl that he quitted school because he loves that girl so much?”

 

‘How will I comfort her? She must not know about Byunghun’s situation.’

 

“Jonghyun,” then his phone rang.

 

“Excuse me,” he distanced himself and he picked up his phone. When he saw that it was Byunghun’s number, he annoyingly answered it. “Hello?” when the other line answered… “WHAT?! I’ll be there right away. What hospital is he in?... Okay, thank you for telling me.”

 

“Who was it? Is it your mother? Did something happened to your father?” but Jonghyun ignored Rian just to avoid to tell the truth about Byunghun. “Jonghyun?”

 

“It’s none of your business, Rian. I have to go,” Rian widened her eyes because of Jonghyun’s harsh action. He’s not usually like that. If he had family problems he would tell Rian.

 

‘Something’s not right.’ Rian thought to herself. ‘I must know why he doesn’t want to tell me what he was going through right now.’

 

------------------------------------------------

 

I've updated now... I was a bit busy because of the preparations for my Graduation Ceremony.. Hope you like it... I'll update soon.. Comment, subscribe and vote...

 

-Pjane :)