Hyunae (Jungkook, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

word prompt request: Jungkook - ashes

 

He stood by the bench near the big oak tree where he told her he’d wait for her.

Jungkook was never late. 

As he looked at his watch, he sighed, wondering why time seemed to go too slow whenever he waited–whenever he waited for her.

He chuckled when he remembered that he wasn’t even fazed by time itself; even letting himself believe that the moments you go through in life will merely pass you by and a new one will always come along. Moments which could make you smile, laugh, and even cry.

Jungkook always loved to move forward. But right now as he waited, he wished time could slow down, go back even…

Because that’s what happens when you took precious moments for granted.

~~~


Flashback

“Aish honey, this is really not necessary.” Jungkook said as he looked at Y/N with an amused smile, thinking how dramatic she was being. “She’s going to preschool not college!”

“But I’m going to miss her.” She sniffled and Jungkook chuckled slightly before wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her close. 

“Y/N, it’s preschool. It’s four hours a day.” He mussed as he kissed the side of her head. “Hyunae will be fine.”

Y/N sighed and lent her head against his shoulder, her eyes staring across the street at the gates of Hyunae’s new school. “Does she really have to go?”

Jungkook chortled, a melodious sound which made her smile. “Of course she does, honey.” He squeezed her shoulder. “She has to go to school. Every kid does.”

“But what do we do now?” She asked and Jungkook couldn’t help but smile at his wife’s adorable questions. He knew she was upset about sending their daughter to school; saddened by the fact that she’s growing up way too fast. Jungkook tried his best to assure her that this is what’s supposed to happen. Hyunae’s going to grow up and they would need to support and go forward with her. 

“Y/N, we’ve been together for years before you got pregnant and before we had Hyunae.” He chuckled. “I think we can find something fun to do in four hours.”

“Like what?” She whined as she buried her face on the crook of his neck, loving how he smelled so familiar–like home. Jungkook shivered at the contact before letting his arm drop from her shoulders to snake around her waist.

“Well…” He trailed as he pulled her closer, his voice dropping to a whisper. “We can give Hyunae a brother.”

Upon realizing what he meant, Y/N moved away and slapped his chest playful. “Yah! Jeon Jungkook!”

He laughed at her reaction, his face scrunching up in that cute way where he looks like a bunny and Y/N resisted the urge to kiss him right there. Jungkook held her hand and pulled her towards the car, telling her about lunch and a movie before they can head back to the school to pick Hyunae up.

“Fine.” She grumbled as he kissed his cheek and Jungkook returned it by pecking her lips. 

“Love you.” He said and she smiled.

“I love you too.”

End of flashback



Ring!!!

Jungkook watched as the gates opened, and several kids came rushing out, all wearing identical uniforms. Jungkook’s eyes searched the crowd until it landed on a familiar face, and he smiled feeling like a huge weight on his chest has been lifted.

Hyunae was jumping slightly, trying to see through the sea of children surrounding her. Once she was outside the gates, her eyes settled on the oak tree and a grin immediately made its way across her lips.

“Daddy!” She yelled and Jungkook’s smiled widened as she ran to him, his arms already out to catch her.

He grunted with a chuckle as Hyunae came barreling towards him, and he caught her in his arms, hugging her tight and spinning her around.

Seven hours was definitely too long. 

“I missed you.” Jungkook whispered in her ear and Hyunae buried her face against her father’s neck whispering, “I missed you too, daddy.”

And Jungkook smiled at her words, just like he did every single day.

He placed her down and kissed the crown of her head before taking her bag and leading her to his car; their hands locked and swaying slightly.

“How was school?” He asked and Hyunae talked and talked until Jungkook found himself drifting. She’s just like her mother, he thought amusedly. Once she talks she never stops.

“Are we going today, daddy?” Hyunae asked as Jungkook buckled her in the passenger seat. 

“Yeah.” He let out a small smile before ruffling her hair. Hyunae let out a toothy grin and Jungkook pinched her nose before closing the door.

~~~

“Mommy would love those!” Hyunae said, pointing at the red tulips. Jungkook nodded and patted her head before instructing the florist to fix up a bouquet.

She held out her arms and Jungkook rolled his eyes before carrying her to the stool by the desk, where she could watch the florist arranging the bouquet they ordered. 

“This is mommy’s favourite.” She excitedly told the florist, who smiled at her warmly. 

Jungkook looked at the flowers,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter