Taeyang

Father-Daughter Bonding Time

"I WANT IT!" His daughter's high pitch scream mixed cry makes his heart sink. The tears rolling down her red face made him feel even worse. It was supposed to be a great father-daughter bonding time while you were resting at home. He was excited to be spending time with his little girl since he's been busy as well... but once she saw that fluffy penguin in the store window, it's been nothing but absolute torture.

Stupid penguin... He thought to himself before kneeling down to be a little closer to the same size his daughter, Jeesun was.

"Jeesun-ah... don't cry." He tried to say soothingly, but her wails just became louder. He flinched at the high pitch of it and look around to see that a crowd has already gathered, all eyes on him, the 'bad father'.

"Dong Jeesun." He said again but this time with more authority. He wrapped his hands around both of her skinny arms and made her look at him. Her wide brown watery eyes stared back into his sunglasses. "Do you see all these people staring at us?"

He watched her lips tremble as she slowly peaks her head from side to side, her small pigtails wiggling with her head. It took all his might to not smile at how adorable his little girl was.

"Jeesun-ah. I know you want that toy... and I know daddy upset you by saying no... but crying and screaming isn't the answer," He said calmly and decided to go with 'reasoning', like it said in all of those 'how to raise your child right' books he read. He paused a little and watched if he was getting through to her. Little tears were still rolling down her cheeks but she just stared back at him, waiting.

"If you cry and scream like that... it makes daddy feel very sad. I don't want to see you cry like that. And all these people," He makes an exaggerated frown, "they will think I'm a bad daddy too..."

At this, he sees her bottom lip tremble even more and begins to panic inside, thinking she was going to cry again.

"B-B-But... if it was mommy... she would buy me that toy... I want it..." Jeesun sniffled between sobs. Taeyang stared into the eyes of his little girl and made a mental note to talk to you about spoiling their daughter... although he couldn't blame you. Although she was 2 years-old, she had both you and Taeyang wrapped around her little finger.

Well, I guess time to go with plan B.

"Jeesun-ah, how many other toys do you have like that at home?" Taeyang asked softly, while brushing the strands of hair away from her wet cheeks. She had stopped crying now, but she was still hiccuping for air. He watched her furrow her brows as she thought, counting each toy with her small fingers. But as the numbers grew, she had a difficult time continuing, especially when she ran out of fingers to count on.

"A lot..." She finally said, dejected.

Taeyang nodded thoughtfully, "And how many of them do you play with every day?"

She blinked a couple of times at him before she started counting on her fingers. Before she even reached 5 fingers, she stopped and held out three fingers out to her father. He nodded thoughtfully again.

"If we buy Mr. Penguin," He said and pointed at the fluffy penguin in the window, "you may be happy... but will the other toys you haven't played with be happy?"

He watched the cogs turn in his daughter's head as she stared at him more. But soon he saw her lip tremble again and her eyes water up before she dropped her head and shook it slowly.

"I'm sorry..." She mumbled and started sniffling. Taeyang frowned, in the end he made her understand why she shouldn't get the toys... but she was still sad. But all he could do was give her a big hug and carry her in his arms and away from the store.

The rest of the walk around the mall was excruciatingly painful for Taeyang. Jeesun was so quiet that it made his heart hurt since she is usually so talkative. He knew she wasn't quiet because she would occasionally rub her eyes and sniffle.

"Daddy...?" Her soft voice called out and tickled his ear.

"Yes, baby?" Taeyang responded excitedly, hoping she was feeling better.

"Let's go home..." She mumbled making his heart drop. Great, he had just ruined his father-daughter date by being the worst father in the world. He almost felt like crying. Just when he was about to give in and run back to the store for that stupid penguin, his daughter pulled away from his shoulder to look at him face-to-face.

"I want to give some of my toys away." She had a bright smile on her face, "You are right, daddy. All those toys must be so lonely... it's not fair to them... and not fair to you and mommy..." Taeyang stared at his daughter in shock but was so proud. "Do you think Uncle Daesung will want them?"

Taeyang broke into a wide smile and kissed Jeesun on the cheek. He almost wanted to laugh at her idea of giving in the Daesung... especially when he didn't have any children yet. "I'm sure Uncle Daesung would like them."

Jeesun smiled in excitement and wiggled in his arms, signaling that she wanted to get down. He gently set her down on her feet before she wrapped her hand around two of his fingers and started leading him towards the exit.

"Come on, daddy! Hurry up!" She giggled and pulled him with all her might. The whole walk home, Taeyang couldn't take his eyes off his daughter, the joy of his life. Once they reached home, she rushed into the house and to her room.

"Hi Jeesun-ah!" You called out to your daughter but she just ran past you with a cheeky smile. You turn back to your husband with a confused look, "What's she up to now? She seems really excited."

"She wants to give away some of her toys." Taeyang said while giving you a kiss on the cheek.

"No way! How'd you manage to get her to do that? Last night, she wouldn't even let me put them in another room." You said, pleasantly surprised at your handsome husband, who just so happened to be an amazing father.

He took a moment to think before grinning, "It's our secret."

Taeyang craned his neck to look into Jeesun's room and see there is already quite a large pile of toys at the front of her door. After a few minutes, Taeyang rushes back to the front door and slips his shoes on.

"Where are you going? Dinner is going to be ready soon!" You asked.

He looked up at you before opening the door with the same cheeky smile you saw on your daughter earlier, "I'm going back to the mall to get something. I'll be back soon, start without me!"

With that, Taeyang rushed out of the house and back down the street he came towards the mall, hoping that stupid penguin was still there.