KyuMin

Love Potion

 

Title: Love Potion

Pairing: KyuMin, broken!KyuWook, slight!YeWook, ninja!KangTeuk, ninja!EunHae

Genre: Fluff, a bit of Drama, Crack

Warning: Genderswitch: girl!Min, girl!Wook, girl!Teuk, girl!Hae

Summary: Can stuff like magic really make someone fall for you?

 

 

Sungmin keeps looking around, familiarizing herself with this some kind of a black market. Then, a store caught her attention. She entered the said place and saw glass cabinets full of flasks, each containing different colors of liquid. Her eyes were glued to a specific flask with a pink liquid on it. She tried reading the small scribbling on the tiny piece of paper pasted on the container.

 

Her heart skipped a beat when someone suddenly spoke from behind, “Interested on that potion, dear?” She stared at the old lady and tried to examine her face but it was covered by the hood of the brown robe the lady was wearing. She shook her head and chuckled nervously as she took a step back to go out of the store.

 

But then, the old woman said, “Do you happened to like someone who doesn’t love you back?” Shocked, the teenager sharply asked out of curiosity, “How did you know?” The unrecognizable older woman grinned, “It’s because you’re attracted to this love potion… Do you want this?”

 

She hesitated, then asked another question while innocently pointing at the flask, “What does it do?” The lady simply explained, “This was specially created for persons who deserve to be loved back by the one they love… And you are one of them.”

 

 

 

=^^=

 

 

 

Two girls, one is blonde whose hair was curled and the other was a long black-haired one, rushed to where Sungmin is. The petite girl just came out from the potions shop with a wide grin on her face. Donghae, the black-haired, pointed at the plastic Sungmin was holding, “Ming, what’s that?” The girl blushed and refused to speak but Leeteuk guessed it right, “A love potion?”

 

Donghae widened her now sparkling eyes, “Love Potion?! Where did you get that? Can I use it on Hyukkie?” The blonde pulled Donghae away from Sungmin, “Oh shut up, Hae! Min, are you going to use it on Kyuhyun?” The smallest blushed more and nodded shyly, earning a frustrated sigh from the oldest among the three, “Min, he’s with Ryeowook.”

 

She mumbled, loud enough to be heard by the three, “I know… but I want to be with Kyuhyun… Wookie doesn’t love him.” Leeteuk raised an eyebrow, “What made you say that?” She looked up at her pissed unnie, “I… I saw her with Yesung-oppa yesterday. I don’t want Kyu to be hurt.” It was Donghae who spoke next, “Hey, sorry for interrupting, but Ryeowook is already calling me.”

 

 

 

 

 

=^^=

 

 

 

 

 

They are now in a café, waiting for their other friends to arrive. Sungmin keeps on looking at that small glass tube inside her purse because that’s the only place she wants to look at, now that Kyuhyun and Ryeowook are shamelessly flirting with each other in front of her. Her heart bleeds everytime the couple is like this, though she will just stay silent.

 

As she looks at the sweet couple, she remembers the scene she saw yesterday.

 

She was browsing for some cooking books when she heard a familiar voice from the other side of the store, “You’re going to buy those?! You already have a lot of them in your house!” It was a girl’s voice. She peeked through the shelves to confirm if what she thinks is right. She narrowed her eyes to take a clearer view of the girl wearing blue jeans with a simple blue fitted shirt that embraced her perfectly-curved body.

 

When the girl turned, her hunch was confirmed… it is Ryeowook. But she wonders, who is she with? Kyuhyun?  Ryeowook had her arms crossed and she was pouting. Then, slender arms encircled Ryeowook’s waist with a book on his one hand. She was about to go, thinking that the guy is Kyuhyun, but a different voice was heard, making her stop, “C’mon, baby. I need this… Ddangkoma’s not feeling well…”

 

She covered with her hands to prevent her from gasping when she discovered that the one who called Ryeowook ‘baby’ is Yesung, not Kyuhyun. Besides, Kyuhyun calls Ryeowook ‘bunny’. She then thought, “Why is Yesung calling her baby and the way they act was obviously for lovers! Is Wookie cheating on Kyuhyun?!”

 

Ryeowook then faced Yesung, “But baby, you can know why Kkomie acts that way even without that book! You can search the net! You’ll lose time for me again because of that Ddangkoma!” It was now the tall guy’s turn to pout, “Wookie, I won’t lose time for you! You know that I’ll do all means just to be with you.” Ryeowook held Yesung’s arms, “Promise?” Yesung cupped the girl’s cheeks and kissed her lips, “Promise.” Ryeowook mumbled, “Turtle weirdo.” Yesung smiled before pulling the blushing girl towards the counter, “But you love this weirdo…”

 

Sungmin just stayed behind the shelves, still thinking about what happened just now… “So, Ryeowook and Yesung are together? Then, what about Kyuhyun? She’s obviously cheating!!!”

 

 

However, no matter how much she wanted to tell this to Kyuhyun, her role of being Kyuhyun’s and Ryeowook’s good friend and the fact that she doesn’t want Kyuhyun to be hurt, stops her from doing so. She still waits for Ryeowook to confirm it. She has to be the one to tell Kyuhyun. It seems like she already can’t control when she blurted out, “Wookie, where’s Sungie?” She looks at Ryeowook’s expression but it was still the same, as if she was hiding nothing, “Hyukkie-oppa said that they’ll go buy video games… I think it’s .”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and pinched his girlfriend’s nose, “Since when did my bunny learned that term?” Ryeowook pouted and cuddled with her boyfriend, “Since the day me and Hae-unnie caught them watching in Hyuk-oppa’s condo.” The guy laughed with what he knew and also because of his bunny’s cuteness, “Really? Oh well, boys are boys.”

 

Sungmin’s and Ryeowook’s eyes widened with that. Ryeowook moved away for a bit with her forehead scrunched, “Don’t tell me you’re watching those kinds of movies too?” The guy grinned then wrapped an arm around her shoulder, “I’m just kidding. You think that I’ll watch those knowing that I have an innocent girlfriend?” The girl smiled sheepishly then nuzzled on the crook of Kyuhyun’s neck, tearing Sungmin’s batted heart all over again, “Oh, yeah. Sorry.”

 

God, he’s so sweet… I really want to be on Ryeowook’s position now…

 

Her thoughts were interrupted by an enraged Leeteuk, probably impatient, “WHERE THE ARE THOSE GUYS?! I’M ALREADY BITTEN BY ANTS BECAUSE OF THIS ING KYUWOOK COUPLE!!!”

 

 

 

 

=^^=

 

 

 

 

Sungmin was in the kitchen, reading a cooking book when she heard a knock on her door. She opened the door, not looking at whoever knocked. She still glued her attention to what she was reading. But she accidentally lost hold of it when Kyuhyun spoke, “Noona, it’s me.” She blushed. “Oh! Sorry, Kyuhyun!”

 

The both of them crouched at the same time to pick the book Sungmin clumsily thrown, ending up having their heads being hit by each other. They also groaned at the same time, both holding their aching heads. Kyuhyun apologized first while handing the book to the girl, “Sorry, noona.” She smiled, not minding the pain on her head now because Kyuhyun’s voice is the medicine, “You’re already getting clumsy because of your games.”

 

When the guy pouted, she can’t help but giggle but then welcomed him inside. Kyuhyun went straight to the couch and yawned. Sungmin sat beside him and asked, “Can I ask what are you doing here?” Kyuhyun stretched his arms, “Oh… Well, I just wanna ask what game would be fun to play.” The girl raised an eyebrow, “I’m not the one you should ask that.” He chuckled, “Seriously, you should learn Starcraft. It’s fun.”

 

She retorted, “Why should I? It’s not like I’ll die if I didn’t learn that.”

 

She suddenly got curious about something, “Kyuhyun-ah, where’s Wookie? Why aren’t you together?” Kyuhyun flipped the pages of the magazine he grabbed from the side table, “She’s in China. I’m bored so I kept on visiting my friends’ houses. It’s your house’s turn!”

 

Ow. So, he’s just bored because Ryeowook is in China and he’s alone so he’s here? Sungmin stood up, “What do you want for a drink?” Kyuhyun replied while reading an article about computer games, “Anything.”

 

She quickly went to the kitchen and there she breathed deeply, not letting a tear fall from her eye for it won’t stop for hours when it started. She grabbed a glass and after pouring water on it, she suddenly remembered the love potion she purchased from that shop.

 

She thought, “I’ve got nothing to lose… I’ll just bring him to the hospital right away if he gets poisoned… This is just a try.

 

 

 

 

 

“He’ll fall asleep after drinking liquid with that potion. Make sure that you’ll be the first one he’ll see.

 

“For how long will this have an effect on him?”

 

“Three days.”

 

 

 

 

 

She then poured the substance on the orange juice. She gulped before entering the living room. She sat beside him and gave him the glass, “Here.” The guy gladly accepted the juice and immediately drank it. She was just looking at him nervously as Kyuhyun drinks the juice with the love potion in it. She is already preparing herself in case Kyuhyun will shake and bubbles will come out from his mouth.

 

After he’s half done with the drink, he placed it on the coffee table then stretched his arms again, “Everything you make tastes really good! You should be a chef!” She just smiled, though deep inside, she was nervous as hell on what will happen next.

 

Then, Kyuhyun yawned. He looked sleepily at Sungmin and pointed at her lap, “Noona, can I sleep here?” She didn’t look at where he was pointing at that she just nodded. She was surprised when the guy laid his head on her lap, successfully making her blush the deepest possible shade of red.

 

Halmeoni said that he will fall asleep! And now, he fell asleep! So, the potion worked?! Oh my God!

 

She just stared at his peacefully sleeping face, mumbling, “He’s still handsome even sleeping… I envy Wookie; she gets to see him like this… even more…” She gently his soft hair while humming ‘What If’… she found herself smiling like an idiot. She shouldn’t smile… When Kyuhyun wakes up, his heart will now beat for her… she might be a relationship breaker but hey, Ryeowook cheated! She deserves this!

 

 

After an hour or so, Sungmin woke up with a movement on her lap. She then saw Kyuhyun looking at her blankly, making her gulp. “Uh, did I wake you up? Sorry.” The guy quickly sat up and stared at her face for a while. “Kyu, what’s wrong? Is there dirt on my face?”

 

After that, soft lips were gently pressed on hers and she found herself kissing back. She can’t explain what she feels right now. She didn’t know that first kisses would be this good… especially that you shared it with the one you love.

 

When he broke the kiss, he smiled at her, “You didn’t wake me up, babe. I should be the one to say sorry for falling asleep on your lap. You must feel numb…” Babe? If only he knows how much she loves that endearment from him! However, she thought that maybe Kyuhyun is seeing Ryeowook right now, not her.

 

“Uh, Kyu, what’s my name?”

 

This made the guy raise an eyebrow, “Do you suffer from amnesia? Are you still the Minnie I know?” She can’t help but sigh in relief and laugh, “It’s nothing, don’t mind me.” A smile crept on her lips; Kyuhyun is now hers, even if just for three days. Besides, Ryeowook won’t be back ‘til that time.

 

 

=^^=

 

 

 

It is already the third day of their dating and as expected, Kyuhyun’s attention was only on her and no Ryeowook mentioned. However, her friends were furious about this, especially Leeteuk.

 

 

Leeteuk banged the table, her veins on her forehead are appearing, “So, what are you going to do after this? Return Kyuhyun to Ryeowook and get hurt again?” Tears are now pooling in Sungmin’s eyes, “Unnie…” Leeteuk shouted more, “Tell me! Can you just take it that he only loves you because of a stupid potion?! Even if Kangin doesn’t love me, of course he does, I won’t do that to him! I will just hurt the both of us!”

 

This time, Sungmin’s tears fell continuously. She is now scared because Leeteuk is now angry and Leeteuk rarely gets angry and if she does, everyone will fear an angry Leeteuk, “I’m not like you, unnie… I have no choice… This is the only way I know… I know it’s just three days, but he won’t be hurt if he doesn’t know, right? Wookie cheated on him…”

 

“Who are you and what did you do to my sweet baby Minnie?!”

 

Sungmin blinked her eyes several times, not believing that Leeteuk is saying this. Then, Kyuhyun came and panicked when he saw his girlfriend crying. He rushed to her and hugged her, “Babe, why are you crying?” He faced the snorting Leeteuk, “Noona, what did you do to make her cry?” Leeteuk walked out after saying, “Why don’t you ask your girlfriend?”

 

He hugged Sungmin again, “Minnie, baby, tell me what’s wrong…” She just tightened her hug to him but didn’t reply. But what shocked was when she saw Ryeowook, looking at them wide-eyed. Sungmin panicked and pulled Kyuhyun out of the bar without letting him see Ryeowook, his real girlfriend.

 

Ryeowook’s gaze followed Sungmin and Kyuhyun who were running out of the place. Yesung tapped her shoulder, bringing her back to reality, “Wookie, what are you looking at?” Ryeowook just looked at him, puzzled, “Kyu and Sungmin-unnie are together… hugging.”

 

 

=^^=

 

 

On that night and the following day, Sungmin didn’t talk to Kyuhyun. She ignored his texts and calls. She even stayed at Donghae’s just to avoid him. She had been thinking about what Leeteuk said to her and realized that her unnie is right. She shouldn’t have done that in the first place. If she really wanted to help, she should have done it in another way that won’t possibly hurt the both of them.

 

Besides, it’s already the fourth day, meaning, the potion lost its effect and Kyuhyun will forget everything that happened.

 

She went to her apartment and saw Kyuhyun there, sitting, waiting for her. Guilt suddenly crept her. “Kyu? What are you still doing here?” The guy quickly approached her and pulled her to a tight hug, “Gosh, babe, you made me worry! Where have you been and why aren’t you answering my calls?!” She got confused; he’s supposed to fall out of love for her right now but why isn’t it happening? He’s still calling her babe and he’s worried as hell.

 

She pushed him away and decided to tell him everything, “Why are you still acting like that? You should have fallen out of love for me by now!” The guy frowned, “What?”

 

“I’m sorry, Kyu! I used a love potion on you so that you’ll love me! I really wanted you to forget Wookie because she cheated on you that’s why I did that! I don’t want you to be hurt! I’m really sorry, Kyuhyun!”

 

Kyuhyun’s face softened as he heard that and wiped Sungmin’s tears, “I should be the one saying sorry to you, Minnie… And what’s with Ryeowook cheating on me?” The girl wanted to explain but Kyuhyun hushed her with a deep kiss, making her eyes go wide. He smiled sadly, “I’m sorry Minnie… Actually, I knew that you bought a love potion for me.”

 

She took a step back, now blushing. He continued, “Me and Yesung-hyung saw you at the Potions shop… And we all know that you like me.” He scratched his head, “About me and Ryeowook… we broke up last month… So, everything you saw at the café was all a play. I’m very sorry… IT WAS HYUKJAE-HYUNG’S PLAN!!!” She looked down, now embarrassed, “Why did you… break up?”

 

She felt him coming closer to her… “It is because Ryeowook realized that she was still in love with her best friend, which is Yesung-hyung… As for me… I realized that I was still in love with my childhood friend… you.”

 

She really wanted to break down right now because she can’t believe she fell for another devious plan of Hyukjae! She just looked at Kyuhyun who was just inches away from her face, making her heart want to jump out from her chest. He continued, “Yes, I’m in love with you, Lee Sungmin… more than I loved Ryeowook.”

 

She hugged Kyuhyun tight, “I love you too, Kyu!!! So much!!!!!”

 

She then pouted, “Then, that lady just tricked me with her potions?! I hate her!!!” Kyuhyun patted her head, “I’m actually thankful to her… If it weren’t for her, I wouldn’t find a way to confess and be with you.”

 

“Awww~!”

 

They shared a gentle kiss at first, but it turned into a hot and passionate one, pinning Sungmin to the wall to deepen the kiss more. However, a shriek stopped their make-out session, making Sungmin bury her face on Kyuhyun’s chest.

 

Yesung and Ryeowook smiled sheepishly, “Oops.” When they saw Kyuhyun clench his fist and slowly getting pissed, Yesung slung an arm around Ryeowook’s neck with a smirk, “Kyuhyun-ah, you better check that precious laptop of yours ‘cos Heechul-noona wants to take revenge on you for beating her in Starcraft and she’s in our apartment.”

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened and ran as fast as lightning, leaving a blushing Sungmin whose face was hiding behind her muffler. Ryeowook let out a tsk as she encircled an arm around Yesung’s waist, “Aish, that Kyuhyun, leaving her girlfriend for his laptop… that’s one of the reasons why I broke up with him.”

 

But then, Kyuhyun came back and pulled Sungmin with him, “Sorry. C’mon, let’s go!” Now leaving the YeWook couple laughing hard, “I think he heard you, baby.”

 

Then Yesung turned serious as he smiled at Ryeowook, “We just interrupted a kissing scene from KyuMin, want to continue it and make it a YeWook kissing scene?” Ryeowook pouted and pushed her boyfriend away from her, “ert. This is a KyuMin story, not YeWook.”