The First Domino [PART 2]

The Promposal

A/N: Sorry for the delay! I wanted to update some of my other on going fic since it's been a long time. My last exam is soon and then hopefully after that I'll be able to continuously upload the rest of the shots! Thank you guys for your patience and I hope you enjoy~ Sorry it's still not complete. The final part will be out asap!!!

Senior year was crazy busy, especially for Lee Sunny.

She was vice president of student council, helping out her best friend Taeyeon and was also the co-captain of the soft ball team (who just had their semi-final game and won!). She was also her homeroom class representative and volunteered to give after school help once a day every week for various different classes.

Between applying for scholarships, handling all of her responsibilities and keeping her marks up, Sunny has been going absolutely crazy. But through fights with her parents, teachers, fellow students and herself, the one person that drove her absolutely insane was Choi Sooyoung.

Sooyoung was the school model and head of the drama department. She was the lead in every play since her second year of high school and everyone knew who she was. She however, didn't exactly know everyone. The only way she knew Sunny was because Sunny was her tutor every Thursday for History.

"Oh the woes of a nerd," Yoona laughed, watching Sunny look over Sooyoung's homework before they met up later that day.

The two were in the library, working on various school work after quickly having their lunch. It became a trend as the two became busier and busier with school work, the end of the year fast approaching. That meant final assignments, quizzes, tests and soon enough graduation.

But before all that, there was still prom.

It was only a month away now and strangely enough, there was no news of any promposals happening. Usually around this time of year, couples both old and new would be spreading the joyous (or misfortunate) results of popping the brave question.

After the little competition the other day between the two friends, Sunny was kind of hoping that unexpected first promposal would pop up but unfortunately, all is static amongst the seniors at their school. So much pressure throughout her final year and here she is, on the verge of being the first person to get the ball rolling.

"Don't talk to me," Sunny sighed, circling some of Sooyoung's work. She would usually smile at Sooyoung's gradual progress to better marks and better work, but she was frustrated, her mind clouded with way too many things; like which promposal would be the most effective for Sooyoung? And how would she cope with the rejection after? 

"I'm guessing you haven't asked her yet?" Yoona teased, waving her pencil in front of Sunny's face. She was really enjoying having the heat on Sunny. because then that meant that she wouldn't have to think about her long shot of a promposal with Jessica. 

"It's only been a few days since I lost that dumb rock-paper-scissors game," Sunny grumbled, putting Sooyoung's work to the side before putting her head down.

Sunny excelled at academics, sports and even social levels of school, having played the dating field before and knowing quite the fair amount of students. It was part of her acting job in student council and as co-captain of her sport's team to interact with students. She was naturally friendly and attracted the attention of a lot of students due to her outgoing persona (at least in public). Only Yoona and Sunny's other close friends knew about how cranky she really could be.

Of course, as did come with most casual and platonic relationships, Sunny has dated here and there. Freshman year she dated the soft ball captain, her lab partner and this boy who had every class with her; sophomore year, she dated a japanese transfer who she taught proper Korean to (and from who she learned Japanese from) and maybe two or three other people who she'd rather not remember. But once senior year rolled by, Sunny's dating was over with once she finally met a certain girl who everyone seemed to be talking about since her first major role in the school play, named Sooyoung.

Since their first meeting, Sunny was determined to get the girl to say yes to her. Unfortunately, it has not been an easy task.

She had been helping Sooyoung out since their first meeting in junior year. It surprised her how awful Sooyoung was at history despite it being one of her favourite subjects, but she admired her passion and effort.

Their first meeting and first tutoring session was as clear as day to Sunny.

"You!" 

Sunny almost jumped out of her spot as Sooyoung made her loud entrance into the student council room, the door slamming against the wall echoing loudly throughout the room. She looked over at Taeyeon who just started laughing and then looked back at Sooyoung, surprised at the sudden appearance. No one dared enter the student council room like that.

"You looking for Taeyeon?" Sunny asked, a little puzzled by Sooyoung's presence. She had seen her face before but never really knew her name. Her face was rather memorable, the girl easily being one of the prettiest girls in their senior year. She also happened to be one of the tallest people in their grade, her head peeking out of the crowd wherever you walked. And if there was one thing Sunny would remember about her from the halls was her loud voice. Maybe it was a drama thing.

"Nope, I'm here for you shorty," the girl declared, pointing at Sunny and walking up closer to her. Her gaze was intense and Sunny was starting to wonder if maybe she was in trouble or if maybe she owed this girl something but she forgot.

Sunny opened , about to protest when she realized that she had to remain calm. Stay professional! But it didn't help that Taeyeon was just snickering next to her. DId she send this girl in to embarrass her or something?

"I'm sorry but who are you?" Sunny frowned and raised her eye brow at the girl. What nerve she had, being so direct and rude to Sunny despite this being their first meeting. She tried being polite but she was sure that some of her snark came through.

Sooyoung scoffed before flipping her hair, "Don't joke around, Soonkyu. You know who I am. Anyway, Taeyeon said you were smart and stuff so I need you to tutor me okay? I'm the most free on Thursday so yeah, that's when we'll do it."

"I thought I told you not to tell people my real name!"

Sunny didn't really have a choice. She could never reject a tutoring request, especially since apparently Sooyoung and Taeyeon were really good friends. Sunny scolded Taeyeon afterwards for not warning her about the whole meeting and Taeyeon just laughed, telling Sunny that she'll love Sooyoung. 

Oh if only Taeyeon knew.

Despite how close Sunny and Taeyeon were, Sunny couldn't bring it upon herself to tell Taeyeon when she started liking Sooyoung. It was dangerous, way too dangerous since the two were close. Besides, Taeyeon's teasing had a tendency of being relentless. 

And maybe Sunny would've told her if she didn't became so infatuated, so attached and eventually Sunny realized that maybe she loved the girl.

She knew that maybe it was just some silly high school first love situation, but she couldn't ignore how she felt. She was trapped the second Sooyoung first entered the classroom she used for her tutoring sessions.

"I hope you like pretzels!" Sooyoung barged into the classroom the same way she barged into the student council room. She tossed the bags of pretzels on a random desk before taking her seat.

Sunny recognized the voice right away and wondered to herself if maybe Sooyoung had no semblence of the notion of politeness and knocking first. She put down her pencil and turned around to face Sooyoung, but the second she looked up she felt her breath get caught in . 

Sooyoung was in a grey hoodie and shorts that could barely be seen due to the length of the sweater. Her hair was short and brushed to one side and tucked behind her ear. She looked ridiculously pretty and casual, a look that always slayed Sunny. 

She bit the inside of her cheek as she resisted the strange pounding in her chest and started the tutoring session.

"You daydreaming again?" Yoona's voice interrupted Sunny's flashback. When the older girl didn't react right away, Yoona slapped her cheek in an attempt to get her attention.

"I'm just remembering the first time I took her in as my student," Sunny said with a sickening smile that almost made Yoona gag.

"You mean the part where she spilled pretzels all over your worksheet or the part when she rejected you?"

Sunny grumbled, always remembering to forget that one detail. But Yoona never failed to bring it up. It surprised Sunny that Taeyeon never brought it up either, thinking that Sooyoung would've told herby now. Sunny wondered if maybe she didn't know, but at the same time she didn't want to bother bringing up the topic. 

"I think you're really pretty and I was wondering if..." Sunny took a deep breath, wondering if maybe this was a long shot.

"I know I'm pretty, but thanks for reminding me," Sooyoung responded with a laugh, "But if you wanted to ask me on a date, I'm sorry to tell you that you're way too short for my standards."

"Shouldn't you head to class already?" Sunny grumbled, glaring at Yoona. "Isn't your precious Jessica just waiting for you to watch her nap in class?"

Yoona's eyes widened as she looked over to the clock, not realizing that lunch was almost over. And as if ignoring Sunny's comment completely, she kissed the crown of Sunny's head before packing her stuff in a rush and frantically waving goodbye, leaving the smaller girl alone.