You Can Just Say It

You met me at a very strange time in my life

hi guys. pls comment and/or subscribe, much appreciated<3


 

It was 12am on a Tuesday morning. Naeun and Namjoo were walking side by side quietly out of the convenience store while carrying the weekly foodstock. It was totally silent, albeit the sound of the occasional car driving by and crickets. Naeun was thankful for the peace and tranquility of the night. Unfortunately, that night proved an exeption the second Namjoo broke the silence.

"Naeunnie, remember when we were in the car after Music Bank last week? It wasn't Taemin who texted you, am I right?"

The one character trait of Namjoo that Naeun loved and hated at the same time was that she was straighforward. They could spend hours talking about something as abstract as the meaning of life but when push comes to shove, she says exactly what is on her mind. Naeun pretended to be interested in a piece of rock on the ground as she kicked it while they walked. She turned to Namjoo, giving her best I-don't-know-what-you-are-talking-about shrug and immediately regretted it because even she was unconvinced. Namjoo halted to a stop, forcing Naeun to stop also. 

"Ah ah ah my arm. What gives?" Naeun whined.

"You can just say it. Its not an episode of Running Man right now. Its only you and me."

Strike one. 

"Wait, did she say Running Man?"

Naeun tried her best to ensure that her face remained placid eventhough her head was repeating a word letter.

"L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L"

"Eyyy, tell me Naeunnie!"

Finally Naeun gathered the courage to look into Namjoo's eyes which looked like giant orbs. There was a devious glint in them.

 "Y-yah! Who I text is none of your business," Naeun blurted.

She wormed her arm out of Namjoo grasp and started speed walking. 

"There must be something going on between you and him then."

Strike two. 

Naeun slowed down and turned around to face Namjoo who had caught up with her.

"Okay you know what, you can think what you like of it."

Namjoo raised her eyebrow.

"I knew it!" Namjoo shouted while giggling and jumping on the spot.

"Shhh! You knew what?" Naeun whispered exasperatedly.

"You like L don't ya?"

"Oh crap."

"Okay..Firstly, we are just friends. Secondly, he just texted me to congratulate me, that's all! And thirdly, I don't like L, I like Myungsoo."

It took more than three second before Naeun registered what she had just said. She widened her eyes and covered with her hands. 

Strike three

"Omona," Namjoo whispered.

Suddenly, there was an audible gasp but it was not from Namjoo or Naeun. A chill went down Naeun's spine. Naeun and Namjoo stared at each other and slowly turned back to where the gasp had come from. Four meters away from them stood Myungsoo with his camera around his neck, wearing exactly what he wore the other time Naeun met him. The silence that ensued was a scary sound. That, and the flustered look on Myungsoo's face were the last thing Naeun recalled as the space between her and the ground diminished by the second. Soon it was pitch black.

Out.