What happens if you don't leave a one night stand?

The Rule of One Night Stands (is that you're suppose to leave)

Baekhyun had been born and raised in Exo his whole life. He knew the streets and sights, the alleyways and the bakeries, all the insignificant little things that make up a town, a country, a planet. Yet, if you asked him what he thought of when he thought of his home planet, he would give you the name of a nightclub. It wasn't a particularly special nightclub or a extraordinary good one. It was a nightclub, it served it's purpose but indistinguishable from the rest. Baekhyun knew this when he went to the club that night. He knew the names of better ones but he wanted a club and that happened to be the closest one.

 

Daehyun liked to thank whatever possesed Baekhyun to be at that club that night. Daehyun didn't know much about Exo, despite it being not that great of a distance from Mato. He wanted to have fun that night and that club was the first one that he saw.

 

Baekhyun had dragged Chanyeol and Jongin with him to the club that night. Chanyeol was his best friend and Jongin was excellent company to keep at a club. Baekhyun had wanted to take Joonmyun as well (mainly to buy the drinks) but earlier that day Joonmyun dealt with military representatives from Mato and was tired out. Baekhyun got himself dolled up. His hair was waved and styled in pieces, his eyeliner was on point, he wore fashionable and comfortable sneakers. He knew he looked good, maybe not his best, but enough to attract attention at the club.

 

They arrived and settled in at the bar to drink a beer before they started dancing. Baekhyun scanned the dance floor. There seemed to be no one special out on the floor. Baekhyun sighed. He could use a one night stand.

 

“They're clearing up the VIP section for us.” Jongin said nodding his head towards the direction of the VIP area. Baekhyun's mood brightened up and he took his beer and made his way to the VIP section.

 

An hour after, Baekhyun had arrived at the club, he was sitting in the VIP section nursing another beer and talking to Chanyeol. Jongin had long went off the dance floor showing off. Chanyeol never danced at clubs, he even seemed to awkwardly grind. Baekhyun didn't know how it was possible to be bad at grinding. It was pure human instinct.

 

That was when Daehyun had arrived. Himchan had been bugging them about going to a club in Exo as if clubbing was some tourist attraction. He had been relentess about it and Yongguk conceded. Yongguk and Himchan had gone off to deal with some military/government/tree-keeper officals from Exo and so Daehyun along with Youngjae and Jongup were left alone.

 

They made their way straight to the bar where Jongup promptly ordered a drink and then moved himself away from the group. Daehyun didn't understand the 4D of it all. Jongup managed to garner the affection of every woman in the club by taking a sip and giving them a puppy dog smile when they got closer to him. It was a talent, Daehyun realized.

 

Baekhyun scooted closer to the edge of the chesterfield and peered over the small balcony in the VIP section to look at the bar. He spotted the most handsome man he had seen in the club that night. Or in his life. He hit Chanyeol's in the arm.

 

“Ow! What was that for?”

 

“Look!”


Chanyeol peered down below. “Is that Jongin grinding on my older sister?”

Baekhyun averted his attention from the y boy at the bar to the dance floor. There was Jongin on the dance floor. And Yura as well. Although they seemed to have progressed from grinding to actual dry-humping in public.

 

“While I'm happy that Jongin is getting laid at this moment-” here, Chanyeol let out a mangled noise from his throat- “I'm talking about the boy at the bar.”

 

“Which one there's five.”

 

“The one with the big lips. Isn't he the hottest guy you've seen? He can't be from Exo. I would have known if there was a boy that hot in this planet. I would have abused my power to find out.” Baekhyun said.

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “He's alright. Not my type.”

 

“Well he is mine. I think I'm going to catch me a man tonight.” Baekhyun made his way down the steps that connected the VIP area with the main part of the club. He had a special move although it could only work if the other guy understood where he was coming from.

 

Baekhyun stared at the boy at the bar waiting for their eyes to make contact with one another. He tried to block out the sounds of Chanyeol's cries while watching Jongin pull Yura into a bathroom. Baekhyun was pleased, if everything was going to go as he wanted it to, the nightclub's dance floor didn't have room for two couples that wanted to have .

 

Baekhyun had a hip dance he did. It was simple stuff really, he placed one hand on one side of his hip and slapped the other side with his free hand all the meanwhile turning in a circle. It was his special trick and was guaranteed to make that boy come over here.

 

Daehyun, of course, knew he was being looked at. This was a nightclub and he knew that he was a good-looking guy, it was bound to happen. He made eye-contact with the person that was staring at him and was surprised by who it was. The guy staring at him was a total babe. Daehyun couldn't believe that the most attractive guy he had seen in his life was staring at him. Daehyun also didn't count himself as a very lucky man, but there was no way he is capturing the attention of a guy like that. Then the guy started to dance, slapping his hips and doing a y grin all the meanwhile still hopping to catch his eye.

 

“Daehyun, what's wrong?” Himchan asked after Daehyun had gone silent. Himchan followed Daehyun's line of vision and came upon the guy that had Daehyun in a rapture. “Ah, that's what. Why don't you go talk to him?”

 

Daehyun finally broke free of his spell and looked at Himchan. “I can't do that! Have you seen him? He's way too good-looking.”

 

Himchan sighed. “Aren't you always talking about wanting to get married, have two dogs and live in the suburbs? Maybe this guy is the one.”


Daehyun scoffed. “How many people marry a person they meet at a club? At the most, we're going to hook up with each other and that can only happen if I get the courage to even stand next to him.”

 

Baekhyun pouted seeing the man he was trying to get talk to some other guy at the bar. They seemed to be friends rather than lovers and Baekhyun saw no reason why he couldn't come over and just grind with him already.

“Chanyeol, do I not look good today?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“You look fine, maybe he doesn't like boys.” Chanyeol said with a shrug, taking a sip of his drink. “I don't even know how one night stands work out with you. I had to share a room with you, why can't you just place your head on the pillow and go to sleep like the rest of us?”

 

Baekhyun huffed and glared at Chanyeol before letting his eyes dart back to the man at the bar.

 

Daehyun noticed the mystery man staring at him once again. “If I don't get the courage to talk to him kill me. Kill me straight away. Me not talking to him tonight will probably the biggest regret in my life. The last thing I see before I go.”

 

“Talk to him.” Himchan was beyond fed up. “Don't even think about coming back to the hotel alone. You either come back to the hotel with him or you don't come back to the hotel because you're banging him. Go.” Himchan kicked the bottom of Daehyun's stool and Daehyun lurched forward.

 

He didn't know why he was being so nervous. Daehyun was an attractive guy, it wouldn't be his first time having with him. He had done his fair share of grinding. What was so special about this guy, other than the fact that he was the most attractive guy Daehyun had seen. And what good was his face if it turned out he had a ty personality? Daehyun couldn't be with someone just because they were hot.

 

Baekhyun smiled and composed himself when he saw the man from the bar drawing closer and closer.


“Hey, I'm Daehyun.” Daehyun said once he was able to get next to the guy. He spoke louder than normal and closer to the ear. The music in clubs always gets turned up when you want to talk to someone.

 

“I'm Baekhyun. Let me take a wild guess and say you're not from Exo.”


Daehyun laughed and let out a smile while Baekhyun tried to contain himself. “You're right. I'm from Mato.”

 

There was no way this could be one of the military men Joonmyun and Yifan went to go speak with. He could be a tourist from Mato. The planets weren't that far apart although Baekhyun knew that planet tourism could be an expensive hobby to have. It was March, did travel rates go down in March?

 

“I'm Baekhyun. What do you do for a living?”

 

“I'm in Mato's military. How about you?”

 

Oh . This had to be one of the guys. Baekhyun felt smug about all this. Forget Joonmyun's long twenty-thousand pages of handwritten notes about how to be diplomatic to foreign visitors. Baekhyun was about to get more accomplished with one night.

 

“I'm a member of Exo's Guardians. We're sort of like a military but not. I'm not even quite sure of what we do.”

 

Daehyun nodded. Why didn't Himchan say anything? He looked like he never even saw Baekhyun a day in his life. Daehyun remembered Yongguk saying something about two of Exo's Guardians coming to meet with them. Maybe Baekhyun went with Yongguk.

 

“So, you want to dance?” Daehyun asked. After all, Daehyun noted, that was the purpose of him making his way to the dance floor.

 

“Of course.” Baekhyun said with a smile. Daehyun never knew that a rectangle could be that adorable. Baekhyun didn't waste anytime with awkward pre-grinding dance moves. He went straight for the action and made himself comfortable on grinding on Daehyun's crotch.

 

Daehyun didn't mind the straight forwardness. Grinding was bound to happen and if they skipped right ahead to grinding they could get to the real event of the night much faster. The other guys always ragged on him for being too serious in his romantic pursuits. Too focused on his dreams of children and puppies and someone to make him breakfast everyday. He needed to relax, be young, and have fun. And as handsome as Baekhyun was, the odds of him being his soulmate were very slim.

 

Baekhyun let himself come up and rest on Daehyun's chest. He couldn't feel any muscles or abs but that wasn't a problem. Baekhyun never cared much about abs. He pulled Daehyun into a kiss. It started off simple but soon picked up speed and they were making out on the dance floor. Daehyun's lips did wonder and Baekhyun had to admit the make-out session ranked as his best.

 

Daehyun also enjoyed the kiss. Baekhyun had a very playful way of kissing. It seemed light and easy. Baekhyun liked to stop every now and then to press a quick chaste peck before making out again.

 

“My place or your hotel?” Baekhyun said into Daehyun's ear.

 

“Your place.” Daehyun responded back.

 

Baekhyun caught Chanyeol's attention and made a motion to let him know that he was leaving now and taking Daehyun with him. Chanyeol threw Baekhyun a thumbs up.

 

Baekhyun hailed a taxi and was surprised at how PG he and Daehyun managed to keep it until they arrived at his apartment. The kisses would get heated but Daehyun knew how to remain composed. Baekhyun threw money at the taxi driver and led Daehyun into the apartment. In the elevator, they did nothing but stare at each other in fear, that once they started in the elevator they wouldn't be able to stop.

 

Baekhyun opened his apartment door with frightening speed and waved his hand in the ear to turn on the lights.

 

“Pretty impressive show of Exo's powered population.” Daehyun said leaning on the apartment doorway.

 

Baekhyun turned and faced him with a smirk. “Is that what you're really concerned with right now?” Baekhyun walked towards the door and Daehyun moved to give him space. Baekhyun closed the door and unbuckled his belt and placed it on the floor. “Out of all the things in this apartment, the way I work my lighting system is what you want to spend time on?”

 

Daehyun was silent and Baekhyun took it as sign that Daehyun had no problem with being led to the bedroom.

 

The next morning Baekhyun woke up in bed alone. He glanced over to the other side and saw it empty but he could hear noises coming from somewhere in the kitchen. Either Daehyun hadn't left or Chanyeol or something had come in and was helping themselves to his food. The cons of living in job-assigned housing.

 

He made his way to the kitchen rubbing sleep from his eyes. He saw Daehyun pouring cereal into bowls and mixing around what Baekhyun assumed to be eggs in the frying pan.

 

“I didn't know you could cook.” Baekhyun said.


Daehyun smiled at him again. “I can't. How about you?”

 

Baekhyun let out a snort and walked closer to Daehyun. “The only reason I have half of these things is because they came with the apartment. Don't you know the rule of a one night stand is that you leave before breakfast?”

 

“Who said anything about leaving?”

 

Exactly 19 human years after that fateful day in March...

 

Daehyun and Baekhyun were lying on the chesterfield in B.A.P's dorm. Daehyun had kicked everyone out and for good reason. It was his and Baekhyun's 19th human year anniversary.

 

“We should open up the card Taehyungie got us.” Baekhyun said looking down at Daehyun. Daehyun had stretched himself out on the chesterfield while Baekhyun laid on top of him, their faces towards each other.

 

“Alright.” Daehyun leaned his head up a little and gave a peck to Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun stretched his arm out to get the envelope on the coffee table and ripped it up. He felt Daehyun pick him up and place him sitting. Daehyun also adjusted himself to be sitting. Baekhyun opened up the card and began to read the front. “To Mom and Dad, congratulations on your anniversary and for teaching me about true love.” Baekhyun flipped the card opened and began to laugh.

 

Daehyun took the card from him. “Why? What does it say.” On the inside the greeting card company had left it blank but Taehyung had written a note. There on the left side of the card written in Taehyung's handwriting read 'Most importantly, you being together made me. Which is really all that matters' Daehyun put the card back down on the coffee table. “He really is your son.”

 

“Like you wouldn't do the same! Taehyung never even had a birthday cake a day in his life. Only birthday cheesecakes!”

 

“But he does have a point.” Daehyun wrapped his arms around Baekhyun and pulled him in. “Our anniversary is a pretty important day.”

 

“I know, I've been waiting nineteen years and you still haven't left my house.”