where did you come from? (taejin)

all out.
for stheno, who requested fluffy fluffy taejin. i hope this meets up to your expectations!

_____________
taehyung is a good kid.

really, he is. he can't help it if he is just excessively clumsy and gullible. it seems like trouble just follows him like a mini storm cloud at all times above his head.

that is how he ends up with community service at the local orphanage, to pay for his ruining of a vase worth more than his own house, and in result ends up meeting him.

seokjin.

heaven personified with gentle eyes and a constantly present soft smile. his hair is just long enough that the little girls end up wrangling him into letting them twist it into cute apple pigtails. the boys all listen to his firm but loving hyung voice when he reprimands them for trying to sneak frogs into the girls' dorm room.

the only problem is-

'what are you doing? don't put salt in the pancake mix!'

- seokjin is the head cook and taehyung tries to get closer to him by offering a hand in the kitchens when-

'no! you can't leave the shells, oh my gosh, that is not how you scramble-- taehyung! quick get the fire extinguisher!'

- he has never cooked before in his life. he could burn cup noodles, for goodness' sake.

taehyung finds himself pouting on the small front stoop of the orphanage after he was kicked out of the kitchen when flames started up the backsplash behind the electric stove.

he just knew seokjin hated him now.

'yah.'

taehyung turned toward the voice with his lower lip jutted out only to come face to plastic with his favorite brand of convenience store ice cream. it might be only 9 a.m. but he growled before lunging for the cold treat and savagely ripping open the wrapper to attack the choco-nut cone with its limited time only raspberry filling.

it was only after he had the sugar melting over half of his face that taehyung noticed who had presented him with the surprise. he promptly embarrassed himself even farther by spluttering pink across seokjin's chin in his hasty attempt at an apology and thanks and love confession all at once.

'just be quiet for a minute,' the older sighs while scrubbing the adorably stained pink skin of his smooth chin with the tail end of his near spotless apron.

taehyung shoves half the ice cream in his mouth so he will be physically incapable of opening his lips, effectively stopping his embarrassing words from falling out along with his half chewed sweet waffle cone.

'look, i know your heart is in the right place and you only want to help, but maybe the kitchen isn't the best place for you to share your kindness with the children.'

tears start to well up in taehyung's eyes because, sure he had only known seokjin for all of ninety-four minutes but, he just knows that he is the 'one'. he has their wedding planned already, along with a list of kids names fitting for their future offspring, and he just ruined everything by accidentally causing their first fight with the 'almost-burned-down-an-orphanage-full-of-cute-kids-by-attempting-to-impress-his-future-husband-by-scrambling-eggs-that-he-neglected-to-even-crack-out-of-the-shell' fiasco of april 2014.

he is mid sob when a hand comes out to ruffle his hair in the exact way he absolutely hates and his heart thumps erratically because-

'it is cute, though, how hard you tried to help, tae tae,' seokjin laughs, and it sounds like bells to taehyung's ears even though it is more of a high pitched whistling that has a dog howling from somewhere down the street, as he plucks a piece of half cooked noodle from the mess of product damaged hair. taehyung is in paradise, and frozen in half surprise because he hadn't eaten any sort of noodle since three days before so how did that even get there?

by the end of the next breath though, taehyung has fallen wholeheartedly in love and adds a stubby, moody corgi named 'suga' to their future household schematics.

'hyung,' he whines breathlessly because his chest is squeezing all the air from his lungs, what with the swelling of his heart.

'call me jin, tae tae. after that near death experience you just shared with me, i think we are close enough for nicknames don't you think,' he giggles, this time causing a crack in the window to their left with the high frequency, before ruffling taehyung's hair one last time before he disappears at the tearful call of his name from inside the building.

taehyung sits there.

he can hear the older man calming the sniffling of this midget of a seven year old named ji or zimin or something, there is the sound of a manically evil cackling coming from the cause of the upset who was a turd of bright eyed curiosity that he had heard ji or zimin or something refer to as kookie. his heart clenches again as he listens to the liltingly sweet whisper drifting through the front door in a low tone.

he is a complete mess of melted ice cream and sparkling lights in his glazed eyes as he softly touches the simple syllable his lips keep forming repetitively, subconsciously.

jin. jin. jin. jin.

_________________
a/n: another request filled! hehe. it was my first time writing taejin, so i was surprised at how easily this came flowing out of my pen. don't forget to leave requests in the comments! it may take me some time, but i will try my hardest to fill them all!