wake up. (v-hope)

all out.
as requested by EliTabbi. i hope this fills your vhope feels to overflowing! forgive me but this is also unedited. words is hards somestime. haha.

-.-.-.-

their refrigerator had so many schedule layouts and rehearsal instructions and dietary plans plastered on the front with cheap alphabet magnets that suga used to spell out words to make jimin blush, that hoseok nearly missed the lime green paper that held the most important information out of all of the sheets.

he yanked open the freezer door to grab one of the popsicles he knew jin stashed in the back left corner under the frozen portioned meals their manager insisted they keep after jungkook's mother spent an hour ing him out about how malnutritioned her son looked through the pixels on the television screen, and the bright paper fluttered onto his left foot.

'no, no, no, no,' he chanted as he read the chart in bold black. 'yah, park jiminnie! who said you could change this and give me two days this week?!'

hoseok found jimin curled under the coffee table in the living room, suga absentmindedly swinging his foot to tickle along the younger boy's ribs, like he was invisible with his angry bird boxers blaring lime green and red in plain sight. by the time hoseok dragged him out, a sleepy eyed jungkook appeared to splay over the back of the couch watching curiously as jin sauntered through the front door looking as if it wasn't six a.m. on a saturday.

'hyung. please,' jimin whined as he struggled to escape the thin tangle of hoseok's fingers pulling on his ankle. 'please? last time i tried he ended up biting my shoulder until i bled! just this one time? hyung.'

hoseok made the mistake at glancing into the glistening puppy dog eyes as jimin pouted cutely while flailing around trying to grap anything that would keep him from being pulled down the hall. that was it, end game.

'fine, jeez.'

jimin scrambled up to plop into the middle of jungkook's stomach and smiled mischievously as jin ruffled his hair while walking by. 'thanks, hyung. i owe you big time!'

_._._._

the weekly duty of waking up taehyung had started as a joke one morning as namjoon whined about constantly having to physically rip taehyung from his bed, and two months later jin had sat down with yoongi's laptop to create a neat and tidy spread sheet with each member assigned a day except sunday to wake up the perpetual morning crouch.

hoseok didn't actually have a problem with waking up his dongsaeng, he slipped into the maternal role so easily in their group, except for one thing.

taehyung was known for having the bizarre quirk of biting whoever tried to wake him, except for hoseok it was a bit... well, different.

'yah, taehyung! wake up,' hoseok stage whispered from the doorway, fingers crossed that the other guy would shake out of slumber that easily. 'taehyung! come on, hyung snuck out to buy donuts for breakfast!'

there was absolutely no movement from under the pile of bright colored sheets and wildly printed duvet.

hoseok took two steps into the room, silently sobbing as the door slipped out of his reach to close and cut off his last link to the rest of the human world. there was still debate going on if taehyung really was harboring an alien host in his body. he glanced at the floor, quickly finding a random plushie horse and chunking the stuffed animal full force at the misshapen lump that he guessed to be tae's head.

'taehyung,' his voice cracked half way through the first syllable and the name ended with a high pitched yelp. 'get up! seriously, please please please.'

a foot shifted to appear out from under the mass of covers and hoseok held his breath in a prayer that he had succeeded without being caught in the clingy grip of the younger. except once the toe peeked out, all movement froze and a soft snore drifted to rest like fingernails on a chalkboard in hoseok's ears. damn it.

hoseok took a deep breath to fill his lungs to mass capacity before he let loose a high pitched torrent of 'taetaetaetaetaetae' melded together in a seamless flow that oddly started to match the beat of their latest single after he reached the hundredth 'tae'. he got so into bobbing his head to the rhythm and ad libbing falsetto runs that jimin said were easy as cake, that he was completely oblivious that he had actually achieved his goal.

that was until he was abruptly yanked down onto the mattress, swaddled into the overly warm cacoon of duvet and tangled sheets, and he just couldn't stop the sob that automatically bubbled up when he admitted his defeat against the pastel haired koala of an extraterrestrial.

hoseok dared to peek up from the awkward little spoon headlock he had been wrangled into so efficiently, and regretted it so much when the movement caused taehyung to growl with the deep bass of his morning voice before nipping at the tender left lobe of his hyung's ear.

'hyunnngggg,' tae's voice was so gravelly that the whine was transformed into a groan that made hoseok borderline uncomfortable. 'hohohoseokkie hyung.'

'yah, let me go,' hoseok struggled pointlessly while trying to think of something that would make the half asleep taehyung let him go before-

too late.

you see, hoseok really didn't mind waking up his dongsaeng. except for the fact that when hoseok woke him up his bad habit of biting whichever member had been given the death sentence duty, taehyung had even fearlessly pinned yoongi to his mattress once and bit his collarbone so hard that the coordinoonas had to use thick stage makeup to cover the bruises for two weeks after, changed from biting into-

'hobi-hyung,' taehyung breathed out with a gentle nip at the nape of his neck before he nuzzled a kiss down into the collar of hoseok's tshirt. 'you're so warm.'

hoseok squeezed his eyes so tight he was pretty sure his eyebrows were touching his cheekbones, and fought down the squeal that was building up in his throat when he felt shockingly cold finger tips slip under the hem of his shirt. goosebumps fleshed out along his skin as the ice cube smoothness of those wandering fingers dipped into the grooves of his ribcage.

'i swear to god, kim taehyung. you have exactly two- ah!'

before hoseok could finish properly threatening his dongsaeng's life he was suddenly flipped over until all he could see was the cheesy split of taehyung's genuinely goofy grin, the one he saved for off screen, hovering above him. the younger had his hands tucked along the small of his hyung's back between the heat of his skin and the mattress.

you see, taehyung bit everyone else but always ended up snuggling into the heat of hoseok until his lips ended up teasing along the rigid groove of his hyung's upper lip with kisses that made steam bloom off the curve of hoseok's cheeks.

hoseok laid frozen, trying to wait patiently for taehyung to wake up enough to climb off him and go steal kookie's chocolate sprinkle donuts, as slowly thawing thumbs skidded down in a wide arc beneath all of the layers of cloth to dig into the hollow of his hipbones. he sealed his lips shut and counted to a hundred while plush lips tugged at the seam, a deep whine trapped in his throat and hands curled into fistfuls on the underside of the pillow beneath his head that smelled ridiculously like what he could have sworn was his own cologne.

there was a sudden crash in the general vicinity of the living room, followed by a screech of 'jeon jeongguk, that is my mothering apple fritter!' in jimin's high pitched konglish, and the loud noise startles hoseok enough that his eyes fly open wide. that is when he realizes that taehyung had stopped kissing him some time ago, then he notices the clear awakeness in the wide splay of the younger's pupils as he just hovers there staring down at hoseok's face like he was etching the image into a topograph map in his mind.

hoseok visibly flinches when taehyung suddenly reaches the fingers he has warmed with his body heat towards his face. taehyung's eyes shutter twice until his facial expressions slip into a blank slate as he gently swipes at hoseok's cheeks before completely withdrawing from physical contact.

'sorry, hyung,' is the whisper he stutters so quietly that hoseok has to take a second to decipher it.

by the time he figures out what the two words were, taehyung is out the door and hoseok is reaching up to his cheeks where fingers had touched just seconds ago. his own fingertips come away damp, he had been squeezing his eyes shut so tightly that tears had sprung unbidden from his ducts. he slides his thumb over the wetness as slowly something tries to click in his mind but jin is calling his name from the other room before he can figure it out completely.

-.-.-.-

they are all in a too cramped van on the way to a fan sign just an hour later when hoseok snaps at jimin.

'yah, stop staring at me like a creep and sit properly,' he flicks the younger's forehead for emphasis.

jimin rolls his eyes before batting hoseok's hand away to just lean over the back of the seat, all thought for his own safety thrown to the wind, to whisper, 'so what happened, hyung?'

'what do you mean,' his eyebrows furrow when yoongi tilts his head towards their quiet conversation nosily.

'with taehyung. what did he do?'

a flush blooms hot up hoseok's neck under the black bandana a coordinoona had thankfully tied there. jimin didn't know, right? hoseok hadn't told anyone about the cuddly affection that taehyung reserved solely for him, and taehyung always kissed him while he was half asleep and had never brought it up so hoseok just assumed he didn't even remember his own touchy feely actions.

'wha? nothing, what are you even talking about? i mean,' hoseok took a deep breath through his nose to calm his nerves and glanced at where taehyung was riding shotgun after beating namjoon out of rock paper scissors.

'well, he was up even before i even woke up to go running this morning and he was muttering to himself until he asked me to switch my day out with you to wake him up,' jimin bounces wildly as their manager hits a pothole without warning and yoongi latches onto the seat of his shorts to keep him from flying into hoseok's lap. hoseok's pretends that he doesn't notice how yoongi's hand lingers longer that necessary.

'what do you mean he was awake? he was asleep when i went in your room this morning, snoring and everything.'

hoseok was so confused about his whole conversation. nothing was making sense. why would taehyung asked to be woken up by him when he was already awake to begin with? why not just get jimin to wake him up for breakfast in case he fell back asleep?

'honestly, hyung,' jimin rolls his eyes while affectionately patting hoseok's cheek. 'taehyung totally lik-'

'yah,' yoongi yells before slapping his hand over jimin's mouth and yanking his back over the seat all in one motion. 'don't go spilling people's secrets, you punk. let them work it out themselves.'

it took all of three seconds for hoseok to process the situation then another four to think of words that started lik- until his eyes flew to where taehyung was hanging his head out the window like a dog, totally ruining all the work the stylist had done to his bleach ruined hair.

there was just no way. right? no way.

taehyung absolutely couldn't possibly like him. there was just no way. right?

-.-.-.-

the understood rule was that taehyung was responsible for waking himself up on sundays, letting everyone else have a day off from the job. this usually ended up with him sleeping in until the afternoon hours to catch up on all the sleep he lost during the week with practices and performances and recording and language classes he had voluntarily signed up for much to the shock of the other members.

so when hoseok slipped into the room at noon, taehyung was the only person left in the bunks and he was snoring soundly.

hoseok took a deep breath and walked across the room to shake him annoyingly until he blinked open his eyes in a scowl.

before he could loose his nerve, hoseok bent over quickly to place a chaste kiss on taehyung's sleep chapped lips. when he stood up and looked down, taehyung's face was fire engine red and his eyes stretched wide in surprise as he brought up a hand to touch his mouth gingerly.

oh, okay.

jimin was a total little but hoseok figure the least he could do was help him with his own crush-on-yoongi-hyung-because-hyung-is-the-y-pale-vampire-of-my-dreams problems. after all, if he wasn't such a blabber mouth than hoseok totally would have never have ever thought to swoop down for a second kiss that left taehyung gasping breathless.

'what are you doing, hyung,' tae squeaked as he shot up straight in the bed. his face was glowing red and when hoseok pressed another kiss to his cheek he could feel the warmth of the blood beneath spreading out to his perpetually chilly skin.

'cute,' he smirked before he crawled in under the covers with a thoroughly flustered taehyung.

-.-.-.-

a/n: i feel like this was just a fail. ugh. this is just all over the place, sorry you had to wait so long for this mess.

if you have any requests, just leave it in the comments!