You are my Strength

Acceptance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The following students in the list, passed their capstone project/thesis...

 

 

One girl couldn't imagine herself, reading all the names in the list. She took time on reading it all until she found her surname together with her thesis group. Yes! In the middle, she can't be wrong. It's only her who has that surname.

 

 

"Kyaaa!!! I passed!!!" She literally screamed so loud together with the others when she recognized it. She even throws her hands up and jumps up and down out of her happiness. "Yes!!! Thank YOU LORD!!!" and she couldn't miss anyone else, but to thank the God that made it possible. For all this time, she's been asking it unto him. She's been praying for it for almost a year. Now that she found her name to the list of students that passed, she couldn't ask for more. It's really beyond happiness she is feeling at the moment.

 

 

But unknowingly, one boy is not happy with all the shouts in the background. He had disappointments in his face while his heart is close enough from breaking. Hinting of tears from his eyes are dangerously showing. Yet, he didn't want to show it. 

 

 

So he turned around, ready to leave when... when a super loud voice made him stop him from his plan. He holds his breath and close his eyes for a little while before he opened it and turned around to face that girl who called for him. Unfortunately, before he could even say 'Congratulations' to that girl, he found himself into her embrace.

 

 

"Kyaa! YOOONG!!!! WE MADEEE IT!!!"

 

 

The girl still celebrates, holding him tightly as a way of her happiness. 

 

 

"C-Congrats." He tried to say the words, but it certainly just came as a whisper. His girl seemed not to notice his name wasn't there, and to even notice the he is not embracing her back. Instead, he felt her embrace got tighten, and he can hear a soft sobs several moments that passed. 

 

 

Yoong furrowed his eyebrows. He got confused. 

 

 

"Are... are... you-you Okay? S-Seohyun?" asked him, in a whisper once again. This time, he put his right hand on her back to rub it for a comfort.

 

 

His girl slowly lets go for the hug, and looked at him in the eyes. Right on that very moment, Yoong saw her tears. Immediately, he wipes her tears.

 

 

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" chuckled him, as He realizes the change of her mood. Just a while ago, she's the happiest girl on earth. But to see her crying, like he didn't expect, he got worried right away.

 

 

Seohyun held Yoong's wrist, pulled it away from her. Instead, she wrapped her arms in his neck and embraces him even tighter. There, she continued to cry. She continued to do the same with the others. 

 

 

But for Yoong, her cries are not at the same with the others. He can sense it. It's a mixed of happiness and... sorry? He doesn't really get it.

 

 

So He wanted to confirm his thoughts.

 

 

"Is there... s-something... bothering you? Aren't you happy?" ask him in a soft voice near her ears. His girl shook her head, and leaned back to meet his eyes once again.

 

                                                                                                             

"Yo-Yoong. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Seohyun said, sniffling.

 

 

On that said, Yoong knew his girl knew what happened. It crunched his heart. But he made sure to smile although fake.

 

 

"It's Okay. There's no need for that."

 

 

Seohyun shake her head more. "N-No. It's not. It's not... You are not." He found for another endless embrace. 

 

 

Yoong tried his very best to hold back. But He is not good enough to pretend anymore. He let his tears drop freely like he had planned before. He put his two arms on her back and pulled her even closer. That moment on, he cried. He put nuzzled to Seohyun's neck and cry.

 

 

Seohyun got it right away. She began to rub the back of his head, trying to comfort him very well, while at the same time, she tried to control her emotions. She herself is disappointed. Not for Yoong, but to the professors that didn't see her boyfriend's efforts. Yeah, if they should have known. They would appreciate the things that the doe-eyed had sacrificed. She saw them all. He really deserves the passing grade, if she must say.

 

 

 

------------------

 

 

 

"7-11?"

 

 

Yoong was hesitant to enter. After he and his girl's class for the day, he didn't imagine himself to put himself in a convenient store where food can be found. In the corner, he noticed his classmates, eating respectively, as if celebrating for their success.

 

 

"N-No. Let's go to the other place." He is not still over. Of course! So he pulled Seohyun, preventing them to step inside. But somehow, Seohyun wanted to.

 

 

"Okay. I'll just get you myself, wait for me here." Seohyun didn't think twice and jogs towards the building. Yoong wanted to call for her to stop, but too late. The girl has already went inside. He let out a sigh and decided to sit down in a bench nearby.

 

 

Taking a glance in the corner, where he can see his classmates laughing away. He felt his heart heavy once again. Yoong, put his palms against his chest, holding to it tightly.

 

 

What have I done? Why didn't I pass? Oh God. How can I tell this to my parents? They're even more excited than me to see me graduating this year? But... aigoo... How can this be? How did this happen?

 

 

In his thoughts, while he still holds his chest. That part of where his heart is. But for some reason, it won't help. It lets him more feel the pain, feeling the slow beating of his heart. 

 

 

Sigh.

 

 

This is the saddest day of my life. I'm giving up on this.

 

 

"Yoong, here." 

 

 

Lifting his head up, he saw his girl, offering him an ice cream. That usual chocolate ice cream they always love to eat. Yoong smiled, a little and accepted it. Then Seohyun sat down, next to him, still staring at him with a bright smile.

 

 

"Aigoo, don't look at me like that." Yoong said, as he his ice cream. The cold sensation immediately spread through his tongue into his throat. He couldn't help and smile once again. He felt a little good now.

 

 

"Babe, everything happens for a reason." Seohyun softly said, as she holds Yoong's warm hands.

 

 

Yoong tilted his head and raised his eyebrows. 

 

 

"I know... inside your mind... you are questioning everything. I myself was. But... as I've realized it, I thought that, it's not yet the end. Babe, I maybe graduating earlier than you...at the end of this... we can still reach our dreams. Patience. Yes, we have to be patient. Don't ever give up. Like I told you, we are doing this together." Seohyun softly and carefully told her boyfriend. Her hand is gently squeezing his hand, assuring him that she will always be there in his life. After all, they promised to reach their dreams together.

 

 

"Hyun... Thank-thank you." Yoong his ice cream before he suddenly pecked at Seohyun's lips. The latter squealed and forcibly let go from his hand, so she could slap his arm. He stuck his tongue playfully as a response, as he enjoys his ice cream.

 

 

Seohyun let out a faint smile watching her boyfriend like a kid, eating his own ice cream. It made her remember the things they've been through until now. 

 

 

For four years, she hasn't seen him this down. It surprised her honestly. But somehow, it made her want to be a better partner or lover. She wanted to make sure, from now on, she will always be there during her rough times. 

 

 

"You know what? I've always wanted this." Seohyun giggled before she suddenly shoved her ice cream in Yoong's right cheeks. She immediately runs away, before Yoong can even get her. 

 

 

 

---------------

 

 

[Dorm]

 

It's been two days, yet, he is still that down. It’s not even her who comforted him, but all of their friends did the same. But it seems like, Yoong is never easy. As if the world is pulling him more down, Seohyun can't agree more, watching her boyfriend in his desk, throwing all the papers he couldn't concentrate. Seohyun decided to comfort him once again, as he jumped off of the bed and pulled a chair, so she could join him.

 

 

"What's wrong? Was there any problem? again?" ask her carefully.

 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter