Well...

Up and Coming

WOW OKAY THIS TOOK SONG LONG I'M SORRY

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After Keyona left class that day, she felt a deep guilt settled in the pit of her stomach. Maybe she should've been nicer to Jackson...

No. He deserved it. He was just so mean to her. Why couldn't he be a nice as his brothers and sister? She huffed, pulling out her wallet. She'd have to buy new books on the Korean language, because of some prick teacher. Her scholarship didn't cover books that she didn't need, and she definately didn't need a book on the history of the Korean language.

"Shisus. I don't even know if I'll have enough... Crap. I guess if I want to pass this class and keep my scholarship, the Block B concert will have to wait," she said to herself. She took a sip of her new coffee, and this time she promised herself that she wouldn't spill it on someone.

She immediately broke that promise.

"Crap," she said, bumping into a total stranger. "I'm sorry. It's gotten all over you. I'm such a klutz. Wow"

"No, it's okay," he said. She looked up to see who she had dumped her coffee on.

"Um," she said. Wow, he was really cute. His hair was a deep red. His clothes had a b-boy prep style. His eyes were round. He was all around perfect.

"Um? Hi, I'm Mark," he said with a deep voice. She swallowed.

"I'm Keyona. I like to be called Ki though,"

"You're the girl who Jackson was telling me about. Don't worry about him. He's a total softie really. He cried during Titanic and Frozen,". Keyona laughed.

"And you're Jackson and the quint's eldest brother, Mark. The one with the American name,"

"Yep, that's me. Jackson didn't tell me that you were this beautiful though. Wow. Okay,"

"Uh. Yeah. Thanks. I'll be sure to tell the quints that I ran into you, but I have to go now. Class will start soon," she said, walking away. Mark jogged behind her.

"Wait, maybe I can walk you there," he said. Ki smiled and shrugged.

"Sure, but I wouldn't want you to be late,"

"Nah," he said with a wave "It doesn't matter if I'm late anyway. What class do you have?"

"Um," looking at her schedual "2nd level: Medium challenge dance class. Do you know where that is?" she asked.

"Yeah, I do. But aren't you a freshman? Most freshman don't even get into beginner level until their sophomore year. You must be really good,"

"Yeah, I guess I am. But seriously, we have to hurry. I don't want to be late for class on the first day," Ki jogged faster.

"Woah. Slow down. Stick with me and you won't get in trouble, beautiful. I've got connections," Mark said, linking his arms with hers. He gently pulled her along, guiding her across campus and through corridors, until she found the dance hall. She stopped Mark before entering the room.

"Mark. We're ten minutes late. I heard that the professors in the dance department were really mean," she said.

He waved her off. "Listen Keyona. Trust me. You won't get in any trouble," and with that, she was being led into a class room.

Mark stopped in the middle of the dance floor and coughed loudly.

"My name is Mark Tuan Wang, and I'm your professor. You are to address me as Mark Sir. Call me anything else and you will regret it. I will not tolerate tardiness. I will not tolerate laziness. I will not tolerate slow learners. We will learn a new routine every week. At the end of the week, you are to perform it for me. You will be ranked from 1-10 on your performance. If you get anything below a 5, you will be put on probation. If you are on probation, you will learn extra routines throughout the week. That will be more dances for you to perform at the end of the week. If you are to earn a low score on any of those performances, you will be kicked out of class. Am I understood?" he asked.

A chorus of Yes Mark Sir could be heard around the room. Keyona inwardly groaned. Oh, great. Another young, good looking, prick professor, she thought.

Mark looked around, seeing the fear in his students' eyes.

"Nah. I'm just kiddin' ya. I'm Mark, but you can call me 'Cool Guy'. I'm 21. If you're late, you're late. I won't yell or anything, just know that the routine will not be slowed down or retaught if you're not here to learn it.. I'm a chill dude. We'll probably do nothing in here on more than several occasions. Like today, because I'm too lazy to think of a routine to teach. So, yeah,"  he said. All of the students visably relaxed, including Keyona. Mark leaned over to whisper in her ear,

"And you, miss Keyona, are my favorite student. Don't tell anyone, though,"

Keyona decided that she'd probably enjoy his class.