American Girl

Up and Coming

So! Hello my lovers. This is a new story, requested by my new soul sister. So, I hope you guys like it!

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Keyona woke up so late. She didn't know that she did, but she did. She sat up in bed, smiling. Today was her first day of college, and she was going to start it off right. Or so she thought. She turned to her roommate, Krystal. Krystal was a nice Korean girl from America. Well... they were all Korean, or at least Asian. But not her. She was an American girl, Like Krystal. The difference was though, Keyona was an African American girl. But she had made fast friends with Krystal. The girl had even given her a nickname, Ki. But when she turned to ask Krystal what the time was, she didn't see the tiny girl.

The alarm clock had spoken though. It was 10:30. Classes started at 11.

"Crap!" she yelled, cursing at the air around her. She had hastily shed her clothing and hopped in the shower, screaming when the freezing cold water hit her back. She ran shampoo and conditioner through her hair all at once and quickly scrubbed her body. She rinsed quickly and ran out of the bathroom, hastily drying. She dressed in pink floral skinny jeans and her black and white BtoB Melody hoodie. She put her long, wet, dark brown hair into a bun on her head, brushed her teeth and left out of the room, locking it behind her.

She ran out of the dorm building, asking along the way where the Literature class was being held. Her Korean was usually great, but at the time, she was tired, hungry from skipping breakfast, and in a hurry. Her Korean was all garbled. She finally found an English speaking person, who pointed her in the right direction. She thanked the young male, who had pink tipped hair, and ran away.

She skidded to a stop at the front of the class, but not before bumping into a nice looking man, spilling the coffee in his hands all over his shirt, the papers in his hands, and on her hands too.

"Oh gosh! Mian!" she said to the man. She gave him a once over. He wore a white muscle shirt and loose black jeans. His black fringe was shoved under a white snap back. He had bags under his eyes. Even sleepy, angry looking men were y in Korea, she noted. Oh crap, he looked angry.

"You spilled coffee on me and my papers!" He shouted. The words didn't translate fast enough in her head.

"I- Sorry? Didn't mean knock drink- I... Sorry?" she stuttered, her Korean butchered.

"Oh, so the American princess doesn't speak Korean? What, did you come here to meet your idols? BtoB? See, we don't need you people here. All the American people are here to meet their Kpop idols," he said in perfect English.

"Well, sheesh. I'm sorry. You don't have to be a jerk about it. I didn't mean to do it," she said.

"See? You don't even speak Korean. You're just like all the other American's here,"

"I DO speak Korean. You just have to give me a second to translate in my head-" she started.

"Do I look like I care, American Princess?" he asked her, annoyance evidence in his voice.

Huffing, she walked into the class room. She spotted the boy who had given her directions to the class. She walked over to him.

"Who was that jerk with the hat?" she asked him.

"Him? Oh that's just Jackson. And I'm BamBam. These are my siblings. Hayi, Jungkook, Yugyeom and Jaejoon. But Hayi likes to be called LeHi and Jaejoon likes to be called Maru. We're quints,"

He gestured to all of them. They all said hello as their names were being mentioned.

"I'm Keyona. From America. But you can call me Ki. And is Jackson always a jerk?" she asked the boy.

BamBam made a face and a cutting gesture.

"What? Is he a jerk to you too? Gosh, I hate him already," she said.

"So you think I'm a jerk? Typical for an American Princess," Jackson said, walking behind her.

She coughed, and so did the quints.

"Jackson, don't be a jerk," said Jungkook. The other siblings agreed.

"I'm not a jerk. The American princess is just spoiled. I hate when Americans come here for play and not work. She doesn't even speak good Korean,"

"Jackson, she's trying to-" Maru started.

"Shut it, Jaejoon. Kunpimook, how many languages do you speak?" Jackson asked.

Confused, she looked around. Who was he talking to?

BamBam spoke up. "Four."

"BamBam? Why is your name a Thai name? I thought you were Korean," Ki said. Jackson rolled his eyes.

"I am, but my parents went to Thailand before we were all born. I was the first son born in the quints. So I got the Thai name. Our oldest brother, Mark, has a Chinese name because our parents went to China,"

"See," Jackson said "Whenever someone goes to a country, they should learn the language. The quints speak Thai, Mandarin Chinese, Korean and English,"

"Look, I'm sorry. But don't be a jerk about it. I'm trying here. Okay?" Ki said.

"Save it, pretty princess,"

"I'm gonna tell Professor Wang that you're harrasing me. Then he'll deal with you," said Ki, confidence strong in her voice.

Jackson smirked. "We'll see about that,"

The bell rang, and Ki hurried to find a seat. She chose one next to Yugyeom, the tall quint.

Jackson strolled to the front of the class room and wrote on the board.

"What is he doing? He's not allowed to do that!" Ki said to Yugyeom. Yugyeom paled.

Jackson began to speak. "Hello class. Sorry about the wait. Some priss spilled coffee on me. You don't mind if I change my shirt? Nah, of course not," he said. He slipped his shirt off. The girls in the room, and some boys, all let out a strangled moan. Ki bit her lip. Then Jackson put on a tight black shirt.

"Okay. I am your professor, Mr. Wang~ But you can call me Jackson. I look young because I am young. Only 20. But rest assured, I am qualified for this job." he winked at Ki, who coughed and choked on her own spit.

"Because of the American priss, Keyona, we'll start off today with a quiz on the history of the Korean language. If you fail, which I'm sure you all will, then you'll have to write a three page paper on the same subject, due next week. So, you can all thank Keyona! But she likes to be called Ki," he said.

Ki ducked in her seat, dodging the random objects being thrown in her direction.

This was going to be a long year.

___________________________________

DO YOU LIKE IT? DO YOU? THIS WILL BE A THREE SHOT! (Sorry Barclay, I lied about the length. But I have so much stuff written for this. It won't all fit into two chapters)

Please comment!

 

~OppaBanger