My broken heart

Torn between him and her
Me and him love each other so much, match made in heaven if you want me to describe it. Emotionally, physically, ually and everything in between that binds us together. We've been together for more than 6 years now, strangers that become friends then become lovers. Lovers that become soulmates. FATE brought us together. I'm Seung hyun and his Jiyong.
 
 
Jiyong is my friend, best friend to be exact, my lover, my shock absorber, my constant companion and my critic. He's the one who gives me strength when i'm down, tell me to go on when i'm about to give up. Yes, i'm in love. I'm so in love and he feels the same way towards me. He's my life, my lifeline, the air that I breathe, the only person I need in my life that I thought won't leave by my side but I was wrong.
 
 
"Is there something wrong babe?" I travel my hands on his shoulder. "You seem to be uneasy."
 
 
"I'm just tired babe." He smiles and give me a chaste kiss in the lips. 
 
 
"I've missed this, me and you on a date." I smile. I feel giddy, even though we're living in one roof this kind of stuffs make my heart flutter, HE made my heart flutter.
 
 
"Actually I have something to tell you Seung hyun." His expression changes, it becomes serious in a snap of a finger and my heart start to pound.
 
 
"Tell me." I squeeze his hand and look at him.
 
 
"Let's break up." He said with all the seriousness in his face, I suddenly found myself catching my breath as if someone punch me in the gut.
 
 
"What?" I chuckle. "Are you serious? Babe stop making fun of me." I laugh.
 
 
"It's not working out." He replied.
 
 
"Babe." I whisper.
 
 
"Seung hyun, i'm sorry."
 
 
"Tell me what did I do wrong?" My voice cracks.
 
 
"Please don't make this hard on me Sueng hyun." He said but not looking at me.
 
 
"Babe..." Tears start to fall on my cheeks. "Jiyong, please don't do this to me." I plead.
 
 
"I met someone." He said. "I like her a lot." He continue, looking straight in my eyes. "I like her so much." He adds.
 
 
"Her?" I choke. "Her?" I can't believe this, he told me that he love me just minutes ago but here we are in this situation. My heart aches, I can't breathe.
 
 
"I'm sorry." He said and stand up. My life is about to walk out on me. HER.... He said HER... Who is she? I want to speak but my body is not working, my mind is clouded with hatred, i'm hurting. He didn't love me anymore, I feel like i'm dying, slowly dying. "She's my happiness." He added, looking at my direction. "And... she's my everything." He said and leave.
 
 
=====================================================================================
 
 
 
I drink another glass of whiskey, my head is pounding, the music is so loud, so many people around me. It's been 2 months since we broke up, wait let me clear that up. HE BROKE UP WITH ME BECAUSE OF HER. The mysterious HER, I chuckle bitterly, here I am miserable while I know he's with her, happy with her. I called the attention of the waiter and ask for another glass of whiskey, I drink it in one gulp and stand up but everything is spinning, my vision is blurred and I can't stand straight.
 
 
"Are you okay?" Someone asks me. My mind suddenly become at ease when I heard her voice, her angelic voice. "Are you okay?" She said again, tapping my shoulder. I turn around and she smile at me. Smile that made my heart flutter just like what Jiyong does to me.
 
 
"I'm fine." I said.
 
 
That night turn my world around, my miserable life become happy again. She's the fresh air that I needed the most, she gives me hope. I suddenly find myself loving another person, I treasure her, taking care of her. She mend my broken heart, she made me realized that the world is not unfair that someone is meant for me. I told her everything about me, about my past, about my relationship with Jiyong and she understands it. She accept me for who I am, she accept and love my flaws, my mistakes and my imperfections. I can't let her go, she really loves me and I love her back but... I think FATE is playing tricks with me again. 
 
 
"Chloe" Someone calls her name, a very familiar voice. Both of us turn around, I knew it, I know that voice, that's the voice of Jiyong.
 
 
"Jiyong." Chloe said.
 
 
"What are you doing with him?" He said in gritted teeth. He's still the Jiyong I know, he never change and by the tone of his voice, he's not happy to see me but how did he know Chloe?
 
 
"Jiyong meet Seung hyun." She said. "Seung hyun meet Jiyong." The tension in the air rises, I can feel Jiyong's anger. He glares at me like he's ready to kill me.
 
 
"What?" He said in a deadly tone voice. "How did you knew him?" He continues. "How about us?"
 
 
"There's no us." She replied. "Since the beginning, there's no us. You know that Jiyong." So Chloe is the reason why my ex boyfriend left me. I shake my head. I want to laugh, God! Why me? Why us? Why play tricks on me? Am I a bad person? 
 
 
"Let's talk." Jiyong said. "Privately." He adds. "Is this revenge Seung hyun?"
 
 
"You know him?" Chloe look at me with a question look on her face. I nod and smile.
 
 
"Go with him, i'll just call you later." I smile.
 
 
"Let's go" Jiyong yank her hand and drag her away from me. I look at them and my heart aches again. The girl I love is the one who silently kills me when he left me. He left me for her. Chloe turn around and walk towards me.
 
 
"Jiyong is your lifeline?" She ask. "Am I right?" 
 
 
"Yes." I replied.
 
 
"I'll wait for your call later." She said. I know Jiyong heard what are we talking about, he just stare at her and I feel a sudden pain in my chest. Pain I feel when he broke up with me. "Seung hyun" She said, her voice cracks. "I love you. I love you so much, you know that right?"
 
 
"Yes!" I smile. "Go with him, he's waiting for you." I add. She tiptoed and kiss me in the lips. "I love you." I whisper to her.
 
 
Time pass by slowly, I can't breathe, this pain lingers in my heart. He and her are together right now, why did I let her come with him? Why did I say NO? Of all the people in this God damn world, why did I fall in love with her? Yes, I love her, I really do and she knows that. 
 
 
My heart aches when I saw him earlier, the man I love in so many years. The man I worship and the man I want to spend my life with. I thought everything vanishes as time pass by but I failed, I still love him but not the way I love Chloe, I still care for him. He's still the same, nothing's change.
 
 
 
===================================================================================
 
 
"I love her, please let her go." Jiyong said to me, pleading. "Find somebody else."
 
 
"I love her too." I simply said.
 
 
"I met her first." He said.
 
 
"But she chooses me." I replied.
 
 
"She's my happiness and my everything." He said. I stop breathing, I heard that words again, the words that kill me.
 
 
"I am her world." I shot back.
 
 
"Please."
 
 
HAPPINESS and MY EVERYTHING that words looms in my head, the way he pleads at me, the way he said that he love her hurts so much. I still love him but I also love her, he's my life but she's the reason why i'm still alive. HIM and HER, my past and my present. I just wanted to love and to be loved, to become someone's special someone, to become someone's life. Didn't he know that she is my HAPPINESS and MY EVERYTHING right now? Didn't he know that I also love her so much? After a long time of thinking I finally realized something and I have to make a decision.
 
 
 
AFTER 1 YEAR
 
 
"Seung hyun" Someone called my name and I know it's him. I turn around and see him standing a few inches from me. "How are you?"
 
 
"I'm good, you?"
 
 
"Fine." He said. "Can we talk? Just for a few minutes, let's grab something to eat or coffee maybe."
 
 
"i'm busy, just tell what you need."
 
 
"I still love you." He said. "Let's start again." 
 
 
"What?" I chuckle. "What?" That's the words I want to hear from him for a long time. He wanting me back but things are different now.
 
 
"Sorry but I can't. I have to go now." I turn around and starts to walk. 
 
 
"Babe." He said. I stop and contemplate if I should face him again or just walk away. 
 
 
"Babe?" I look at him, he smiles and I melt.
 
 
"I love you." He comes closer to me and hold my hand not minding the people that walking back and forth around us. "Give me another chance."
 
 
"I broke up with my fiance because you said you love her." Tears prick in my eyes. "I broke her heart just like what you did to mine."
 
 
"What?" He said in shocked. "But she said, she's the one who broke up with you."
 
 
"Jiyong if you love her win her back and do me one little favor." I choke and hold his hand. "Love her with all your heart, make her forget me." I sob. "I decide to let her go even though it breaks my heart, even though it kills me." Jiyong just stood in front of me, maybe absorbing everything I say. "I know the two of you are in constant communication, you're easy to love. She will learn to love you in no time." I let go of his hand and pat his shoulder. "I have to go now." i wipe the tears in my cheeks and walk away.
 
 
"Wait!" He said running towards me. "If you love Chloe so much why did you break up with her? Why did you cancel the wedding?"
 
 
"Because you said she's your happiness and your everything." I smile bitterly. "I want you to be happy, you broke up with me because you met her and I assume you love her more than you love me."
 
 
And with that I walk away and never look back, I was torn between the two of them, if I choose her, Jiyong will be devastated and if I choose him I know i'm just fooling myself. I am hurting, I die a million times but I think this is what's best for the three of us. I am stupid, I am an idiot for letting go the both of them especially Chloe, she accept me and love me whole-heartedly but I just hurt her, I broke my fiance's heart.