Hello, Goodbye

Our Lonely, Bruised Hearts

                                                                tumblr_mu8g5aEq4D1rhhr24o4_250.gif  tumblr_lzr67qB28I1qdd597o1_250.gif  tumblr_mszxjz4pi91s97e79o1_500.gif  tumblr_mu8g5aEq4D1rhhr24o3_250.gif

"I'm singing my blues, I've grown used to the blue tears, the blue sorrow „

People meet, they fall in love, they leave each other, they fall apart. Seunghyun's not new to this inevitable cycle of relationships, but it's as frustrating as ever. So when she squeezed his hand that day, on their second anniversary together, and asked to break up, he hadn't blown. He hadn't cried either, even though it had seemed like a good idea then. Biting back any feelings, he found himself watching her walk away. He knew why this was happening, he wasn't blind. Blatant lies about going out for a coffee with friends, getting dropped off by her dad- he was actually amazed that the man he had cheated on him with couldn't manage to contain himself during those short phone calls. When he realized the strange noises in the background were , he had almost yelled. Almost. Instead, he had grit his teeth and ended the call. You still love her, his friends would say, you really love her. And it was true. It hurt so much, and he missed her so badly- but this was life. She wasn't his to love anymore. Seunghyun was fully aware that people are foolish, and that they hurt themselves easily. By nature, we're lonely, and we endlessly seek companions. Lovers come and go. Nobody has an intact heart in the end- no one escapes without injuries. Lonely, bruised hearts meet other pained souls and for a period they comfort each other. When the melodrama finishes, both come out with bruises from previous relationships healed, but also with fresh new cuts from the last one.

Seunghyun quietly stared out of the open window, contemplating. The white curtain billowed occasionally in the wind, sweeping forward and fracturing his view. It was late, but there was still enough light to make out the low moutain lines. Was she looking out at that same sky? He took a deep breath and looked downwards. The city beneath was still liteered with glittering lights and flashing beams. That unwavering presence of at least some light even in the darkest hours comforted him. He started counting the visible lighted windows, like he used to do with stars when he was younger. A few moments in, a light he had already counted blinked off. Someone had decided it was late and pulled the curtains on that day. Seunghyun wondered what that person was doing now. Was that the home of a tired salaryman, ready to catch some dearly needed sleep? Or a couple, happily turning in to spend a night in each others' arms? Maybe it was another lonely, bruised heart like him, who couldn't mangae to fall asleep and couldn't bear the light. The young man's room wasn't illuminated for a reason; without light the emptiness was almost imaginary, easily forgotten.

Sighing, Seunghyun got up to shut the window. The heavy, faded sky seemed bruised against the blotchy clouds and he felt his chest ache. She loved the hues of the night sky. He had always playfully for liking such dark colors. Now he wished she could see how felt inside- bruised blue and black. Maybe she would have seen the same beauty in him she had used to. He laid down in his wide bed, starting at the ceiling throught slightly closed eyes. His long eyelashes blurred his vision, and he imagined the woman he had so loved lying by his side again. 

"Goodnight, sweetheart."

His voice, husky and quiet, echoed in the empty room.

See you in my dreams, he quietly mouthed as he turned his head to look out the window again. The moon appeared from behind a passing cloud, glowing dimly. He lay there, bathing in the blue light until it finally coaxed him to sleep.

___________

tumblr_m86u3jMaE21rsskhm.gif 

Hope y'all weren't too disappointed by this LOL, I'm not really sure if I like it that much. And that gif sequence at the beginning, idek what happened, I wanted something like a mosaic but meh. I couldn't find anything else though, and doesn't it look like he's saying 'bruised hearts' in the second one? Kekeke... Thanks for reading and leave feedback if you liked it!