Guilt

A Mishap in Time { ON HIATUS }

 

I've heard what's happening in the castle. I must go there. My brother is confused right now. We may not be together as siblings, but he is still my brother. Even if you change the direction of the wind, he is still my brother.

 

"Kibum oppa!" I called him, once I spotted him walking very fast along the hallways. He caught a glimpse of me and stopped on his tracks.

 

"Hyoyeon!" He was overwhelmed to see me.

 

"The news is spreading in the town like wildfire. What happened?"

 

"There's this man. Telling us, that I am not the King's rightful heir to the throne. He told us that Eunhyuk was actually the King's son." he said. I can tell that he really is confused.

 

"Omo! Is it true?"

 

"I don't know. Dad is hiring investigators to manage the problems." he sounded like he was about to cry.

 

"Calm, now, oppa. Everything's going to be fine." I said, trying to comfort him. "It's not possible that I would be your sister, right?"

 

Drat. It's just like I jumped in a pit full of hungry lions.

 

"I never thought about that." he seemed really shocked. "Oh, Hyoyeon. It can't be. If that man's speaking the truth, then we can't be."

 

"Don't  worry Kibum. Even if that man's proved to be right, I am certain that the King would not let you go. He loves you. You're the one who's been with him for such a long period of time. He might arrange the papers and adopt you as his son. You would still be Prince."

 

"That's not it Hyoyeon. You don't understand. If it that happens, I've still got no choice. I won't get the Kingdom. I would not be King."

 

"So, it's just power you wanted?"

 

"No, it's not like that. Power is just the half of it."

 

"Then what's the other half?"

 

But before Kibum could answer, a guard came up to him.

 

"The King wishes to see His Majesties." he said.

 

Kibum nodded and took my hand. We walked to the Hall. When we were halfway there, Eunhyuk was just there, too, walking with Yoona. I smiled at the both of them, Eunhyuk replied with a smile, too. Yoona, just glared at me.

 

When we entered the hall, a familiar Knight was there, along with the King, along with three other men.

 

It was proved that the man was right. It was stated in the Queen's letters that she really ordered the man to switch the babies. It was also told that the real Prince had a moon-shaped birthmark at his nape. I remembered seeing on in Eunhyuk oppa's nape. Back when we were young. It was also stated that the baby's hair was platinum blonde, just like the late Queen. Every evidence has proved Eunhyuk to be the real prince. The letter could not be counterfeited at all. It has the late Queen's extraordinary insignia. And of course, it was all the Queen's handwritings and her signature.

 

Just as I imagined, the King wouldn't let go of Kibum. Kibum has been part of his life, and it really hurts. I know so. When I look at Kibum's face, I can see that he was in shock. I can see that he was disappointed. I can see that he can't accept everything. When I look at Eunhyuk oppa, I can say that he is actually happy that everything's happening. It's like he has waited long enough. And now he just has to step in and take the throne. It has put him in greed. And I hate it. I must stop it.

 

"Kibum, my boy, for the meantime, you're going to have to spend your time back at the Kim's. Until I get the papers done." the king said.

 

"You would allow it, Dad?" Kibum said in shock.

 

"Everything would be put in the papers, my son. And I am sure that Mr. Kim would like to meet you and spend the rest of his life with his real son." the King replied.

 

"I won't accept it Dad."

 

"I didn't need your acceptance. I need you to go back to your family!" the King bellowed. And that was enough for Kibum. He didn't say anything at all and went out of the Hall. As expected, Yoona would come to his aid.

 

When Kibum and Yoona were out of the hall, the King returned to Eunhyuk.

 

"My son. First, you'll be having lessons. Everything you wanted to learn. Everything I should have taught you." the King said.

 

"Your Majesty, it would be my most pleasure."

 

"Next. I know you are aware of my failing health. And I know you know that you need to be prepared as always. I am hiring your best friend, Sungmin, to be your legal advisor. I am certain, that Sungmin is a very bright person, and he has a good education back in Aegyo Empire.

 

"I've heard rumors about you and Yoona getting a bit intimate these days." the King said. What is he talking about? "But my eyes are focusing only on one Lady. I would really like Kibum to marry her, but now, I would like you to marry her instead. I have grown very fond of Mademoiselle Hyoyeon. I'm sure you have grown fond of her, too. Try to learn to love her." The King said.

 

I can sense every pair of eyes in the hall striking on to me now. Blood was rising up to my cheeks. I must be blushing. Thinking that the King wants me to marry Eunhyuk oppa. The thought of it is just so perfect.

 

I looked at Eunhyuk oppa's eyes. I can see that there is confusion.

 

"Now, off you go, my dear. As I arrange the papers needed." the King said. Eunhyuk and I bowed to him before we left.

 

When we exited the hall, I sensed that Eunhyuk grabbed my hand. I can see that we're going to his chambers.

 

When we get it, he locked the door. He turned to me and hugged me very tight. He rested his head on my shoulders. I was surprised to the way he acted. But after a few moments, I can feel warm tears falling to my shoulders.

 

"Oppa... What's the matter?"

 

"I am afraid." he said. I pat his back for comfort. "Conscience is killing me."

 

"Oppa. Look. You didn't do anything wrong. The throne is yours. And it's supposed to be yours."

 

"Yes, I know. But Kibum. It's like I committed a crime."

 

"Hush oppa, don't say those things."

 

"What will the townspeople will say to me? Will they accept me? No, I don't think so."

 

"Oppa. I am certain that they will accept you. Don't worry about that. You have the right to take the throne."

 

I backed away and held his head. I brushed his tears away with my thumbs.

 

"Kamsahamnida." he said, and held my hands.

 

"You should rest now, oppa. I think you're exhausted." I ed his coat and took it from him.

 

"Yes." He sat in a nearby couch and took off his shoes.

 

"I'll be back, okay?" He stopped.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"Out, I don't know. Maybe get some fresh air."

 

"Please don't leave me." he looked at me with pleading eyes.

 

"Oh. Sure. Why not?" I put his coat away, as well as his shoes.

 

He climbed onto the bed and sat there, waiting for me.

 

"You know, I can't."

 

"You just lull me to sleep. That's all." he said. Then I sat beside him as he lay down. I start humming a song, I know very familiar to him. It was the song that Mom used to sing to us at night before we go to sleep.

 

It was not too long before he dozed off. I stared at his cute angelic face. That face I haven't stared for so long. He had a pair of beautiful eyes. Those eyes that are sparkling every time I see them. So peacefully and heavenly. His pointy nose that I used to pinch when we were little. And those beautiful, soft, pink lips that tasted like strawberries. His slender neck. The white, soft, skin visible under his thin, white fabric. Gleaming under the dim light. His chest heaved heavily. I can see the fine outline of his abs as he breathes. He is a perfection. A wonderful creation.

 

Omo, what am I thinking? I must go out now. I packed my things and went out of his chambers. I was surprised to see Taemin just about to knock on Eunhyuk oppa's doors.

 

"Oh! Mademoiselle Hyoyeon." he sound surprised. I was surprised myself.

 

"Your Majesty." I bowed.

 

"What are you doing in hyung's chambers?" he asked curiously

 

"Oh, I lull him to sleep. He is quite exhausted from all that's happened." I said.

 

"Oh, I see. If that's so, then my time is wasted. Ugh. Excuse me." he said, and left.

 

Well, if that isn't so rude. That's why Sungmin oppa said good luck.

 

 

 

~Hyo <33


Author's Note: Well, I didn't have time to review my grammar.. So, please do bear with me.. Haha! I'm trying to update as much as possible these days, because I want to make it up to you, guys. I still can't forgive myself ;~; Hope you like that chap! :))) ~viaxoxo