The Meeting

Half a Heart

Woohyun tapped his foot against the cement floor with irritation, eager to get this over with. He didn't even know why he was doing this. He knew it was going to be meaningless anyway. He was going to die soon, why did it matter if he should date someone now? He got up, knowing that dating someone was just going to hurt him even more. 

It might sound strange but Woohyun was someone who was born with only half a heart, literally. The doctors didn't know why but, half of his heart was gone and yet, there was nothing wrong with Woohyun. He was born a healthy child. Of course, there was many people interested in him but, with the power of money, they were easily hushed up. His parents were well known for their jobs and wealth easily came with it but, that also meant a lot of enemies. 

He glanced at his watch, he was just meant to meet this man, whom he had never met before, take him out to a fancy date and take him home. There was only one doctor who could help him with his "illness", a fortuneteller downtown, who he had a meeting with later in the afternoon. 

This man, whose name he has forgotten, was somewhat of another rich family's son. He was known for his arrogance and displeasure with everyone he meets. Woohyun's parents thought it was a good idea to teach the boy a lesson since he completely disregarded a matchmaking session with one of Woohyun's cousins. 

"Ah, you must be Nam Woohyun?" A smooth voice asked, accompanied with footsteps. Woohyun was ready to yell at his "date" for coming late but became instantly shell shocked the instant the man entered, with a short haircut and a black suit, his demure was really charismatic. He came in with soft steps but Woohyun felt as if the other came running up and knocking furiously on the door. His heart ached, beating at an insane pace as he already knew what he was feeling. "A-are you okay?" The man came running up, putting a hand on Woohyun's arm, in an attempt to help him but, Woohyun jerked it off, the heat already spreading through his veins.

"St-stop." Seeing the pained expression on the other only increased his own pain, forcing him to look away. "Sorry.... You must be..."

"Kim Sunggyu." The name resonated. Kim Sunggyu, now that was a name he knew he would never forget. Woohyun turned back to face him, surprised at the outstretch hand and the eager expression. Ignoring it, he slowly got up and took a safe step back.

"Let's get this over with." Woohyun's voice was cold, exactly like how he imagined.

"W-what?"

"You realise that this is a date, correct? What do you want to do?" Woohyun strode over to the door, getting ready to leave the cafe.

"I was thinking we should have some coffee first..." Woohyun raised an eyebrow, surprised by what he saw, compared to what he heard. Sunggyu was meant to be a cold, cynical, selfish chaebol's son and yet, here he was, meekly asking Woohyun to comply. 

"Okay..." He solemnly took a seat, taking another look at the time, already eager to leave.

"Um, what do you want? I'll order for you," Sunggyu smiled, eyes disappearing all at once. Woohyun may have eye smile himself but somehow the sight was unbearably hilarious, Woohyun stifling his laughter as he coughed.

"Yeah, just a caramel latte with whipped cream and extra sugar!" Woohyun wasn't trying to confuse the poor boy, that was just how he liked his coffee.

"Mm! Ok!" Sunggyu merely smiled and ran off, ready to order, tripping over himself a bit as he did. As soon as he realised Sunggyu was gone, Woohyun burst into laughter, hugging his sides.

"Bwahahahaha! How can a man be so cute!" Woohyun stopped in his fit and sat back up again, suddenly realising how long he had laughed for and yet Sunggyu was yet to return. Curiosity overcame him as he snuck back into the cafe, as their seats were out on the patio. Hearing Sunggyu's voice, on reflex, he instantly hid behind the door.

"..Yeah... Yeah, sorry... Can you try and get him on the phone? Hello? Jonghyun? Baby... Aww, I'm so sorry...." Woohyun heard Sunggyu murmur into the phone. His voice was hushed and eyes sincere. Woohyun's heartstrings were pulled with pain as he watched the other speak so dearly to "Jonghyun". "Yeah, Jonghyun, sorry, I'll see you later tonight? Hm? Me too! I love you too. Okay. Okay, bye." As Sunggyu smiled and put away his phone, Woohyun quickly realised the situation and ran back into his seat. Shuffling around, wondering whether or not to cross his legs, Sunggyu soon followed in straight after. 

Silence filled the room, similarly to how it did when they first met. Sunggyu swallowed the lump in his throat, clearly unable to understand the situation. Meanwhile, a million other thoughts ran through Woohyun's head. Sunggyu has another lover. Wait, Sunggyu's not my lover anyway. Sunggyu's two timing right now. That bastard. Someone should teach him a lesson. Oh! Maybe I--

"Woohyun!" Sunggyu's voice broke in, making Woohyun jump in his seat, snapping his attention back to the other.

"What?" His voice was cold again, solemn.

"Huh?" A flash of anxiety ran through Sunggyu's eyes. "Um, well, I was just saying..." He looked down at his cup, hands kept snuggly around it to keep them warm, trying to hide the trembling. "I have tickets to a fashion gallery my friend owns. Want to go?"

"Fashion gallery?" I repeated as I sipped my sweet latte.

"Yeah, he's a new designer. He wanted to showcase his work in  agallery... Too bad that his skills aren't accepted... just because of his background...!" Sungyu's fist clenched as he continued to mutter. Sighing, Woohyun scratched his head. 

"Yeah, okay, let's go after we finish our coffee."

 

As they entered the gallery, Woohyun thought about how to punish Sunggyu. Considering to get back at him by playing with him and dumping him straight after, his thoughts instantly halt as they step into the gallery. To say gallery at all was an overstatement. It was more like an old abandoned firefighter station, remodeled into a home and turned into a gallery. Behind the wall, it was obvious it was someone's home but, out front, the clothes it displayed show skill and creative energy.

"Wow..." Woohyun couldn't help but gasp at the sight. The clothes were completely his style. There were clothes he has always been looking for and styles he never thought would look so good. Looking around, he noticed Sunggyu distracted by the clothes himself, completely surprised the man would follow a style like this. Kim Sunggyu, the man full of surprises. Was he really using Woohyun to cheat on another guy? Some Jonghyun? What the hell? Woohyun was meant to be the one whos meant to be using him! 

With Sunggyu distracted, Woohyun quickly searched around for the nearest good looking guy, eyes landing on a blond figure, who's eyes instantly met with Woohyun's despite the fact he previously had his eyes glued to the floor. The man with bow shaped lips was definitely inviting but, there was something else that seemed to draw Woohyun to him. Forgetting about Sunggyu, Woohyun quickly made his way to the stranger, heart racing as the fellow man didn't take his eyes off Woohyun for a second.

"Hi, do I know you?" Woohyun asked first. The man rolled his eyes and scoffed, finally taking his glare off Woohyun.

"Hmph, that's new."

"Wh-what?"

"Please, I don't need people to hit on me." The man started walking off.

"Woohyun?" The owner of the name turned, slowly, still shocked by how the stranger had acted. Snapping out of his trance, he met eyes with Sunggyu. "What's wrong? Why were you talking to Key?"

"Hm? N-nothing. That man, Key did you say? Who's that?"

"Key? Oh no, that's just a nickname. He's an old friend. His real name is Kim Kibum. He's the fashion designer here." 

"I see..." Woohyun's eyes trailed off, wondering where Key went. It was strange. It wasn't like love at first sight. It was just... there was something odd about Key that Woohyun couldn't quite put a finger on.

"Hey... Listen... I.. I got to go," Sunggyu's eyes drooped, sending arrows through Woohyun. "I'll--" Sunggyu stopped and raised his hand, deliberating on whether or not to give Woohyun a handshake. Woohyun's eyes flickered to the hand. Some kind of greed suddenly overwhelmed him because there was no excuse as to why he suddenly pulled the man he had just met today into an embrace. With his arms wrapped around Sunggyu, his skin seemed to burn, telling him to let go, his heart cried and rattled in his chest, like there was lava pulsing through his veins. "W-W-Woohyun?"

"Hm?"

"I th-think... y-you can let g-go now...!!" Sunggyu squirmed in his arms. Woohyun, when he felt that the burning was getting too much, finally let go. Smiling solemnly, as he watched the flustered older man leave.

 

 

 

a/N: OK I KNOW I KNOW THIS IS VERY VERY VERY VERY LATE IM SORRY I AM I REALLY AM WAHH ;( ;( I WILL TRY MY BEST TO UPDATE THE NEXT CHAPTER PLS MOTIVATE ME THROUGH COMMENTS AND WHATNOT WHINE AT ME TELL ME TO UPDATE :(

HOPE YOU LIKED IT THO