CHAPTER 60 (END)

Locked with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

END

 

“You looked pale, young miss. Do you feel unwell?” Mr. Lee asked worriedly.

 

“I’m fine.” Dara smiled at the old man. She didn’t tell Mr. Lee about her pregnancy because he might tell Jiyong. She wanted to tell Jiyong about it herself, wanted to be the first to see his reaction… may it be good or bad.

 

Mr. Lee wasn’t fully convinced but he didn’t push further.

 

“Well then… why don’t you go out today? The weather’s great. You’ve been cooped in here for so long, you should go out and have some sun.” The old man said cheerily. Dara wanted to take the older man’s offer but her body wanted rest… or that was what she was telling herself.

 

“I think I’ll pass for now. I feel a bit faint actually probably from the lack of sleep last night. I’ll just be in my room to rest.” She smiled at the old man and without waiting for a reaction from the latter, she spun around and went to her room.

 

She was in the middle of reading a book when her phone suddenly rang. She saw Youngbae’s name in display and a pinch of happiness bloomed inside her.

 

“Hey, you.” Dara greeted cheekily.

 

“Hey.” Youngbae answered softly.

 

“It’s been awhile. How are you?”

 

“Fine. How about you?”

 

“Fine as well…” There was a long pause before Youngbae spoke up again.

 

“I’m going to pick you up, let’s go out.”

 

Startled, she sat up straight and almost dropped her phone.

 

“What are you talking about? Did you forget that I’m here in Busan?”

 

“I know. I’m currently staying with a friend here in Busan.”

 

“Oh. Why didn’t you tell me beforehand, I could’ve invited you here.”

 

“That’s why I’m calling you now.”

 

Dara rolled her eyes to her friend’s grumpiness and smiled eventually because of the same reason. She would definitely want to see Youngbae and witness his grumpiness live again.

 

--

 

An hour later, Youngbae arrived at her house. It was after lunch when they left. Mr. Lee was definitely glad that she’ll be going out today that he even prepared a dress she’d never seen before, never even remembered buying before, she think it was too much to wear for a simple getaway but before she could even ask, he was already pushing her to prepare. He even saw them out and even waved at them as they left.

 

“What are you planning to do? Where are you taking us?” Dara asked excitedly. Even though she had already been staying in Busan for a while now, she still hadn’t found the time to explore the place.

 

“Just somewhere.” Youngbae said coolly as he looked ahead on the road with a smile on his lips.

 

Dara pouted for the lack of details. She stopped asking and just glanced outside the window and watched the scenery. She smiled at herself for the beautiful day ahead and the next thing she knew was she’d drifted to sleep.

 

--

 

She abruptly woke up when she thought she heard something. She quickly sat up when she realized that the car was already parked somewhere. She glanced at her side and saw no Youngbae sitting beside her. She was alone in the car with only a blanket wrapped around her.

 

She immediately unwrapped herself from the blanket and glanced outside. She could clearly see that the sun was about to set but what she didn’t know where she was or where her companion was. How could Youngbae leave her alone? She was thinking about that when she got of the car and realized that they were parked at someone else’s house.

 

Curious and a bit nervous, she wandered around and started looking for her friend. She would definitely kick him when she saw him.

 

As she looked around, she realized that the house was almost isolated from other houses. It was a contemporary two-storey style home standing cliffside, over-looking Busan… she thought…that was if she was still in Busan. She wandered around and finally found the entrance of the house which was surprisingly open. Cautiously, she went inside. She was a bit distracted by the beauty of the house that she momentarily forgotten about looking for Youngbae. The house had wide overhangs and well shaded bands of glass. The rooms seemed to be open onto the courtyard, that she couldn’t wait to see. The division between indoors and out was blurred by glass. She continuously wandered around, wanting to see more but was stopped when something caught her eye.

 

On a wall hanged a painting that was very familiar to her. Her gaze dropped to the signature of the artist and she gasped when she realized it was hers. She took a step back and looked around and found another one that was hers. Hands now covering she slowly went to the other painting only to stop when she found another one on a wall near the staircase.

 

“What…” She whispered, confused.

 

She was about to make her way out of the house when Youngbae suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

“Hey.” He called. Dara, still confused and shock, stared at him.

 

“I thought you’re not gonna wake up. Come on.” He went to her and gently grabbed her arm.

 

“Wait. What’s happening. Where are we? Whose house is this?” She asked as she was being dragged by Youngbae to somewhere.

 

“It’s yours.” He simply said as they reached a glass door separating the courtyard.

 

“What?” She asked again only to be once again surprised when Youngbae opened the door revealing a large crowd gathered in the courtyard. She was too caught up with what’s happening earlier to notice the crowd outside.

 

They all looked in her direction with wide smiles on their faces and Dara was once again lost to what was happening until her breath was caught in when she saw Se

Please log in to read the full chapter