Chapter 41

Locked with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

He rolled to the other side of his bed once again… couldn’t find the right spot for him to feel the slumber hit him… still thinking about ‘her’ words from earlier… never in his life was he this bothered… excited… and regretful at the same time… mixed feelings that he doesn’t know how to let out…


He finally sat up and buried his face on his hands…

“Why now…?”


--

“What made you visit…?”

He excitedly asked her as he carefully went down from working on the roof of the restaurant they were building. Earning loud cheers from his coworkers; he could only scratch the back of his head and looked at her in embarrassment… she just let out a friendly smile towards the others before she turned back to him and lifted the plastic bag she was holding in front of him… his brow curved up in wonder and lips pouted at her.

“I brought you lunch…”

She simply told him, still wearing her warm smile… earning another round of cheers from the other workers…

Yunho felt his cheeks burned, never he had felt like being a grade-schooler giddying over his crush… but right now, it’s even greater than that… he felt bunch of his nerves fluttered and just then, butterflies filled his stomach once again… just like the first time he met her…

Hearing the loud beats of his heart… he turned his head to the side… hiding the clear bliss on his face yet couldn’t suppress himself for his lips to let out a slight smile…


--


“Sorry about the guys…”

Scratching the back of his head, he remembered how his co-workers teased them more when they went off from their work to have their lunch… and it took him much effort to deny that she’s seeing him… and most of all, it took him a lot of strength to tell the men that she’s already married...

Dara shook her head as she rummaged inside her plastic bag…


“It’s okay… don’t be bothered about it…”

He let out a smile in relief as he put his hand down…he watched the top of her head, felt his insides quivered once again and had the urge to touch and caress it… luckily, he woke up from his trance and quickly shook his head… instead, he just gripped tightly on his not-so-clean towel and let out a sigh.

“Here…”

He turned back to her and looked down on the wooden lunchbox she was holding.

“I made it myself… well… it’s been a long time since I last cooked… and I’m not really a good cook… but I tried my best… aigoo… but I think I should’ve just bought lunch instead of cooking it myself…”

He was a bit startled by her sudden rattling… she then pouted and looked down and was about to take back her lunchbox but he managed to hold and stop her from doing it.

“Yah… I haven’t even tasted it yet… how come you’re already taking it away…?”

He almost chuckled from the cute expression on her face… those pouted lips that are really tempting him to break out from his restraints… he could only bit on his lower lip and tried to smile at her.

“She’s your younger brother’s wife for Christ’s sake Yunho…” He kept reminding himself…

“But… it might not taste-..”

He cut her off as he pulled the lunchbox from her and turned to the other side to shield it from her… she pouted at him but soon her lips curved out into a smile, partly wishing he wouldn’t get poisoned from her cooking.

“So… how is it…?”

She asked him but didn’t get a reply… her brow arched in wonder and after a while she asked him again… instead, earning her another silence from him…

“Yunho-ssi…”

She couldn’t help herself anymore as she held his shoulder and pulled him a bit to face her… worried that the food might have numbed his tongue or something…

“I told you it’s not…-“

“It’s delicious…”

He told her as he swallowed another piece of her kimchi pancake that she made… Dara widen her eyes in surprise before it turned into slits together as her lips curved out into a contented smile…

“Really…?”

She clasped her hands together earning a nod from Yunho… she then watched him as he slowly ate up the food that she made… after a while, her gaze started to drift away from him as a sudden thought brushed her mind…

‘Is ‘she’ a good cook Jiyong..? Such a shame that I could only cook a simple pancake like this…’


She bit on her lower lip as insecurity showered over her again… for this past week she tried to act numb… from all the heart aches, the pain of seeing ‘him’ and her… she tried to act blind and deaf… she just couldn’t expect Jiyong to do all the ‘trying’ part himself… but still, no matter how she tries, she would still find herself looking at his direction… seeking for him whenever she would miss a sight of him… would listen to his words from afar… she just couldn’t make herself to loath him… for all her heart knows is to love him…

She then shook her head… she’s not here to think of these things… she didn’t come here to busy her mind with those problems… she needed a break… at least something she could have in herself once she goes back in their mansion and face ‘him’ again… it was supposed to be CL that she needed to seek on some strength but she knew her friend has some serious problems to deal with too… that Cl didn’t even attended her class the whole week, making Dara much worried about her friend.

Noticing her sudden cold silence, Yunho stopped from eating and glanced up to her… his forehead creased a bit as he slightly bit the side of his lips before he spoke.

“Dara-ssi…” His gentle voice quickly brought her back from her trance… she then turned to him and got welcomed by his warm smile.

“How about you… have you eaten lunch already…?”

With a hint of worry in his voice, he placed his chopsticks down…

After a period of processing what he had just said, her eyes blinked for a couple of times before she found her voice to speak back.

“Ah… yes… I already did… I’m sorry if it’s only a kimchi pancake…”

Her lips pouted a bit which earned a light chuckle from the other…

“Well… it’s the best kimchi pancake I have ever tasted…”

He told her… and with that, her smile came back to her lips…

“Aigoo… was it because maybe it’s your first time to taste this food…”

It was supposed to be a joke… but she was taken aback when Yunho looked at her with innocent eyes before he nodded… and he saw how her expression changed once again, he could only chuckle inside, guilty for playing with her… but before she could even get the lunchbox away from him again he then spoke to stop her.

“Just kidding… I have eaten this pancake for like three times already… and I must say yours is the best…”

Earning a still displeased look from her, he then placed down the lunchbox on the bench as he reached for her cheek and slightly pinched on it… totally forgetting about his actions.

“Cute…”

With that, the sour expression on her face slowly vanished, replacing it with a bland one before she felt her cheeks warmed… Yunho noticed her blushing, making him quickly let go of her and cleared his throat… he let out a forced laugh before he reached for the lunch and resumed from eating… soon, an awkward atmosphere enveloped them…

‘What were you thinking…’ he scolded himself… peeking on her through the side of his eyes and saw how she’s now smiling at him… she probably thought it was just a friendly gesture from him…

‘Right… just a friendly gesture…’ he continued telling himself…

He looked up to the sky, watched as the clouds passed by over them…

Please log in to read the full chapter