Chapter 14

Locked with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

It’s maybe already two and a half hours that have passed since she left… 

Jiyong still locked himself in his office… still trying to bury himself busily at his work… but cant help not to listen outside… maybe waiting for a car to arrive… 

The papers that he has been holding since the last couple of hours were still glued on his hands… can’t really focus on his work for his mind is clearly filled with still the thoughts of her… the night that they shared… him hearing his name from her lips… totally made him went nuts…

The tray on the coffee table was now empty… his head slowly laying on his desk… tired from too much thinking… and slowly… his eyes went heavy… and as soon as his eyes closed… her face greeted him in his reverie.

--

He immediately stirred from his sleep as he heard the door opened… he pulled his head up from his desk… stretching his arms and rubbing his eyes with his hand… 

The door’s open… but no one came in… his brow raised a bit… until he heard some small footsteps slowly coming to him… 

He glanced to the side of his desk… peeking where the sound is coming from… that’s why he didn’t see someone coming in… 

A little girl with pink chubby cheeks… wearing a pink small dress and a red ribbon tied on a fistful of her hair… standing in front of him… smiling…

Both of his eyebrows were now connecting… wondering if he’s still dreaming… he rubbed his eyes once again but still the little girl’s standing in front of him… she somehow looked familiar… until he realized that the little girl looked a like his wife… same porcelain skin… pink lips and dark long hair… seemed a small version of her.

He stood up… went slowly to the girl… his head bowed down for the little girl is just about as tall as the height of his knees… concluded that maybe the little girl is just 3-4 yrs old… 

“Who are you…?”

He simply asked the little girl… her big round eyes twinkled as she looked up to him… her smile never left her lips which made Jiyong’s brow raised once again.

“What are you doing here…? Where are your parents…?”

He sounded cold but the little girl didn’t notice it… it’s his first time dealing with a kid… so he doesn’t know how to address and how to act in front of one… 

And just then he heard someone outside the room… his gaze went from the little girl towards the door.

“Soojin-ah… baby where are you…?”

It’s Dara’s voice… his glance went back to the little girl with nothing but still a sweet smile on its face.

He saw Dara passed by the room and quickly went back when she saw the little girl… her face looked so worried as she quickly marched inside the room… totally ignored his presence.

“Oh… God… There you are baby… I’ve been looking for you for minutes… your –“

Dara scooped her up in her arms and suddenly cut herself from speaking more as she realized what room she’s at… 

She stiffened as she realized Jiyong’s standing and watching them… she slowly turned to him and bowed a bit with the girl in her arms.

“I’m sorry Jiyong… did she bothered you…? I’m really sorry…”

She bowed while the little girl has her arms s around her neck and still looking at the man standing in front of them.

“Who is she…?”

He ignored her apologies… as curiosity about the little girl hit him.

“Ah… she’s Soojin… my niece…”

She said to him… he looked at the little girl with still a blank expression… they really looked the same… 


“Omma… who is he…?”

The little girl finally spoke… her tiny cute voice broke the slowly starting silence between them… 

And quickly Jiyong wondered once again… Omma…? He thought… the little girl just called his wife ‘Omma’… 

“Oh… Soojin-ah… He’s uncle Jiyong…”

He saw his wife smiled sweetly at the little girl… Soojin looked at him and flashed him a sweet smile once again… he suddenly felt warm inside his chest… seeing the little girl somehow made him feel calm.

“Omma… is uncle Jiyong… friend of appa…?”

Appa… she’s definitely talking about her dad… to think that the child’s considering his wife as her mom… made him a bit uneasy… 

“Yes baby…” 

Dara pinched the little girl’s cheek which made the girl giggle… the two looked really like a mother and child… which made his chest felt a little heavy… he just found himself standing there… watching the two while trying to understand what he’s feeling inside.

“Baby… we better go… we shouldn’t bother uncle Jiyong… your appa is also looking for you…”

She told the girl before turning back to Jiyong.

“Jiyong… sorry for bothering you… she really is a fast runner and likes to hide that I didn’t catch her before she went here…”

She unconsciously chuckled which made his insides jumped a bit… it’s his first time hearing it from her… and upon realizing what she just did, her cheeks warmed and blushed… she quickly bowed and was about to make her way out but the little girl clutched on her hair a bit to stop her.

“Baby… what is it…?”

Soojin pouted and turned to Jiyong… 

“Omma... Soojin wants to play with uncle Jiyong…”
Dara’s eyes widen and immediately felt nervous… afraid that Jiyong will punish her later for bothering his work.

“Baby… uncle Jiyong’s busy… appa and I will just play with you neh…?”

She tried to convince the little girl but Soojin continuously pouted… too stubborn to let it go… totally got her attitude from her biological mom.

She looked at the girl helplessly and turned to Jiyong… while the man can’t help but to admire inside him the cuteness of the little girl… he turned to Dara and saw that she’s having a hard time convincing the kid… he sighed and reached for the girl’s cheek.

“I’ll go out later and play with you arasso…”

Pinched Soojin’s cheek which brought back her smile again

“I’ll just finish some things here first…” 

He said to Dara… she nodded and finally her face calmed… 

“Thank you…”

She whispered… he just snubbed her by turning his back and went back to his desk… he heard the door closed and turned to it and gave off another sigh.

‘What am I getting myself to…’

He thought as once again

Please log in to read the full chapter