Persistent Love

Persistent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

...word count: 2,810. Sorry I got a little carried away...this was supposed to be a short drabble but oh well...still a bit fail tho. but thank you for subscribing, reading and leaving me comments. <3. they are all loved!

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

The rooftop is Lee Sungmin’s favorite place inside the school, mainly because no one dared disturb him whenever he would skip class to go there and sleep. Some teachers would try and send other students to fetch him, but none of them have succeeded so far that soon, even his teachers stopped caring so the people coming to try and make him come to class eventually ceased. Sungmin smirked in triumph, because now no one was going to disturb him whenever he rests in his self-proclaimed territory.

 

 

Or so he thought.

 

 

Because the next day, Sungmin woke up the unusual scent of sweet flowers…what made his eyes widen was when he saw a whole bouquet of them right in from of him. “What on earth?!” he exclaimed, jumping away from the pile of roses. He glared at the student holding them, whom he recognized at once as Cho Kyuhyun, one of his classmates and previously one of those who were sent to get him and failed. “Who sent you here this time?” he asked in a dangerous tone, not even asking anymore what he was doing here because he automatically assumed a professor asked him.

 

“No one” the man shook his head “I came here on my own.” Seeing Sungmin’s frown he continued “My parents own a flower shop downtown, and well…when I saw the roses this morning, all I could think of was you, Sungmin-sshi” he said.

 

 

Sungmin blinked at him…that sounded much like a love confession, but that can’t be right. That can’t be right at all. He shrugged and turned away from the brown haired man, “Right…whatever you say. I’m going back to sleep” he said, not daring to turn around.

 

 

Kyuhyun just smiled, placing the roses a few meters away from him. “These are for you, since I picked them out for you anyway…sweet dreams Sungmin-sshi” he said, before standing up and going back to the staircase and into the school building.

 

 

Only when he heard his footsteps die away did Sungmin eventually open his eyes to stare at the flowers left for him. He shook his head wondering if this is some sort of joke, he even looked around to see if this was some stunt being pulled by his enemies in school…but he found none, as if Kyuhyun was serious about just giving him these flowers.

 

 

“Weird” he muttered, he thought about chucking the flowers in the nearest trash bin, but stopped himself at the last minute. It wasn’t as if Kyuhyun asked him to pay for them right? He could always bring them home. He didn’t need to know that even though he was a thug at school he was actually fond of roses…and gardening in general.

 

 

He wondered why Kyuhyun did that if he didn’t have some of ill intention…but he dismissed it as a one-time thing; he always thought Cho Kyuhyun was a weirdo  anyway…it was probably one of those days when his weirdness level increases tenfold or something.

 

 

He was wrong.

 

 

Apparently it wasn’t a onetime thing at all.

 

 

Because the next day, Sungmin woke up to flowers close to his face again, this time a bunch of carnations and orchids crafted together in beautiful arrangement. But even the beauty of the flowers didn’t stop him from gasping and jumping back, looking at the man holding them in complete disbelief. “What are you doing here again?”

 

 

Kyuhyun shrugged, smiling softly “We had fresh ones coming in this morning, and I thought of you again” he said simply, apparently he didn’t even know who he was talking to.

 

 

He glared “What on earth made you think I like flowers?” indeed, Sungmin was regarded as a bad egg in school…no one knew about his little secret so everyone thought he wasn’t exactly on the list of people to give flowers to, no matter what the occasion.

 

“I just thought of you when I see them…I sort of realized you don’t like them…though I’m glad you didn’t throw out the roses” the student beamed, and Sungmin had to will the heat trying to spread on his cheeks away.

 

“W-What makes you think I didn’t throw them away?” he scoffed.

 

Kyuhyun scratched his cheeks. “I sort of saw you taking them outside school” he admitted sheepishly. “I swear I wasn’t stalking you or anything! I just---”

 

Sungmin growled, pulling him by the collar and glaring. Kyuhyun stiffened but didn’t flinch; instead he met his gaze, which pissed him off even more. “Look here kid. I don’t know what the hell you’re trying to pull, giving me flowers. But I tell you now, it’s not going to work so stop it” he spat, not caring that Kyuhyun was a few centimeters taller than him.

 

“Trying to pull? But I’m not trying to pull anything, Sungmin” the student tried to explain, when he eventually released his hold.

“I really just want to give you the flowers!”

 

He crossed his arms “Oh yeah? And why is that?”

 

Kyuhyun sighed “I thought it’d be obvious by now that I like you, Sungmin”

 

Of all things Sungmin expected to hear, that wasn’t even in his top ten. He gaped “W-What did you say?”

 

“I like you” Kyuhyun repeated. “I really like you Lee Sungmin, and I’m willing to wait until you agree to go out with me on a date”

 

The raven haired student blinked, he was damn sure the taller student was just pulling his leg, but he stared at the blush on Kyuhyun’s face…and the way he fidgeted nervously, and he wasn’t really sure anymore. “You can’t be serious”

 

“But I am”

 

He shook his head. “I am a guy!”
 

“The most beautiful one I’ve seen, but clearly you’ll never be a damsel in distress” he scowled at the teasing smirk on the brunette’s face.

 

“It would never work out!”

 

“We haven’t even tried out for you to say that” he cursed inwardly. He was downright rejecting him, why is he so persistent? “Please give me a chance Sungmin”

 

Sungmin sighed, “Look Kyuhyun. You should just stop the nonsense, alright? I won’t go out with you so stop wasting your time” he said flatly, half expecting him to give up and turn away.

 

“Is it hard to believe I’m serious about my feelings?” he stared at Kyuhyun, stunned. “I won’t hurt you Sungmin”

 

“I---”

 

Kyuhyun stood up, “It’s alright Min” Sungmin frowned at the nickname “It’s probably too much to take for one day” he grinned “I said I’m going to wait right? So you can just answer me when you’re ready”

 

Sungmin stared after him as he walked away, then down at the flowers he left for him again and sighed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter