On Our Way

Soshimon: I choose you!

The sun was shining bright as Taeyeon and Sunny made their way outside of the lab. Both of them were very excited as they had their first glimps of their very first pokemon. They were quite interested to see what their pokemon could do. Yet they were also very nervous as this was the start of an whole new adventure that neither of them had ever experienced before.

"We are going to be the best pokemon trainers in the world, Tae-unnie!" Sunny excitedly yelled as she skipped around. "Where should we go first?" Taeyeon beamed, her eyes squinting against the bright sunlight.

"We should go to the Poké Mart first, shouldn't we?" She suggested, since they didn't have any pokeballs nor potions. "Do you know where we can find one, Sun Bun?" The girl in yellow pouted cutely as she had no clue where they could find one. Since they grew up in Pallet Town, they never really felt the need to see other cities up untill now. 

Before Sunny could say anything, Taeyeon's name was being yelled, making the girls turn around in an instant.

"Taeyeon-ah! Wait!" Taeyeon's umma yelled.

"Umma!" Taeyeon said when the woman caught up to them. "Look at my Charmander!"

"Charr~" Charmander roared cutely, making the older woman laugh.

"I can see he already is like his trainer Tae." She said as she ruffled her daughter's hair. "He is very cute and I'm sure you two will have a great time together."

"You also want to see mine, Mrs. Kim?" Sunny asked. Taeyeon's umma nodded.

Once Sunny put Pikachu down, Pikachu let out a few cute sparks as he wiggled his tail.

"Pikachu~" It winked at Mrs. Kim.

"Look at the both of you. You two look so happy with your pokemon. You'll both be awesome trainers, girls. I'm sure of that!"

"Thanks Umma/Mrs. Kim," They both said. Their pokemon watched them in interest as their trainers where talking to the older woman.

"Anyway, why did you call me, umma?" Taeyeon asked as she remembered her mother calling for them.

"Ah yes, I forgot to give you this," She said as she handed Taeyeon a digital device. "Press the green button Tae." She did as her mom told her the screen lid up and made a map visible.

"It's a virtual map, that shows the main roads that lead to all the cities of Kanto. It also shows what you can find in each city. I hope this will help you on your journey.”

Taeyeon high fived her fellow trainer as this was just what they needed. “Thanks Mom.” She beamed as charmander wiggled his tail cutely, happy to see his trainer so cheerful.

“Off to Viridian City we go Sunny!” She cheered before she hugged her mother goodbye. Both girls ready for the journey.

Pikachu and Charmander had returned to their pokeballs as the bubbly girls made their way into the open field. The way to Viridian City wouldn’t be that hard as long as they stayed on the main road. Surrounded by bushes, open fields, high trees and rocks that alternated as they kept walking, they tried to look out for pokemon.

They couldn’t believe there eyes when they spotted a huge group of bird-like pokemons pecking at the ground and interacting with each other. They didn't seem to notice the two shorties as they didn't even look up.

"Ooh, a new pokemon! What does your pokedex say about it, Taeyeon-ah?" Sunny asked. Taeyeon took out her pokedex and pointed it a one of the birds.

"Pidgey, the tiny bird pokemon. It is docile and prefers to avoid conflict. If disturbed, however, it can ferociously strike back." Came the robotic voice out of Taeyeon's pokedex.

The sound disturbed the pidgeys as the looked up from what they were doing. Most heads turning towards the sound as they became alert.  

"Sunny," Taeyeon whispered not wanting to make too much noise and scare the Pidgeys away. "Should we fight them?" The girl was very excited and more then ready for her first fight, wanting to see what her Charmander could do.

Before Sunny could answer, Taeyeon took a step forward, wanting to approach the pidgeys. The pidgeys all began to screech as they started flapping their wings before flying off.

“Aw man! That could have been our first fight, Sunny.” Taeyeon pouted as she kicked the ground.

"It's okay Tae-unnie. There will be other pokemon." She consulted her friend. She was giggling on the inside though as this was totally Taeyeon-like. Way to overexcited and fanatical. "Come we still have a long way to go to Viridian city." They started walking again when they heard someone speaking.

"No oppa, you can't have it, it's mine." They heard a girl's voice coming from their right, off the main road. "Oppa stop it," her voice sounding a bit in panic.

The friends only needed one glance at each other before they made their way off road, following the sounds that could be heard. They had entered a big open field, surrounded by trees and decorated with some rocks here and there.  This was the place were the voice had let them and it revealed what seemed to be two pokemon trainers. A guy and a girl could be seen, the girl on the ground with the guy staring at her.

It seemed like they weren't the best of friends though, as the guy stood tall, intimidating the girl. Taeyeon and Sunny going completely unnoticed by them.

"Give me your money!, now! I won this battle," the guy spoke, to which to girl reacted.

"You said it was just a friendly battle, oppa," her voice turning smaller as she spoke.

"Well I changed my mind." He took a step forward, coming dangerously close to the girl, grabbing her left arm strongly.

"Yah!" Both of them turned their heads to were Sunny and Taeyeon stood. Both girls felt the need to step in, with Sunny being the one who yelled.

"Leave the girl alone!" Taeyeon yelled as they ran over to the helpless girl.

The boy only laughed at them. "And who exactly are you to tell me that?"

"We’re don’t give our names to jerks like you. You can't just take her money!" Taeyeon was fuming with anger at the attitude of the boy. 

"Oh now I am offended," the boy mocked. "Kyuhyun is the name, by the way." He winked at them, causing the girls to shiver.

"We don't care what your name is. Just go and leave this girl alone!" Sunny stepped in as well.

"I will," Kyuhyun said, surprising all three girls. "If you can beat me in a battle, that is." He laughed, holding a pokeball with his right hand. The boy felt pretty superior to both girls. "Though it looks like you are both rookies. And I already own a badge. So you probably won't even dare battle me."

"You think you are that good!? We can easily beat you." Taeyeon said. Fire could almost be seen in her eyes. Sunny's eyes bulged and looked at Taeyeon with worry. They had never even fought with their pokemon. How could they win from someone that clearly had way more experience?  

"Haha! Sure you can." Sarcasm dripping of his words. "Look I'll make it easier for you. You two against me alone. How's that?"

"Not necessary, but if you want to get your kicked even harder then that's up to you!" Taeyeon said confidently.

"Let the battle begin then. Goooo Sandshrew~" Kyuhyun said as he threw his pokeball. What came out was a yellow-ish mouse with tile-like skin and blue eyes.

"Woah! What's that pokemon?" Taeyeon asked. She took out her Pokedex and pointed it at the Sandshrew. "Sandshrew, the mouse pokemon. It digs deep burrows to live in. When in danger, it rolls up its body to withstand attacks," the Pokedex said.

"We can do this Sunny." Taeyeon whispered to her fellow trainer. She believed in them, as long as they fought together as one. Sunny nodded.

"Go Pikachu/Charmander," they both yelled as they threw their pokeballs, Charmander and Pikachu appearing into their battle positions.

"Sandshrew, dig your way into the ground!" Kyuhyun ordered. Sandshrew used his sharp nails to easily dig his way down, soon disappearing out of sight. This worried both trainers very much as they now didn't know where their opponent was.

"Taeng," Sunny asked in a bit of a panic. "What do we do?"

"Stay alert Charmander! He could be anywhere." 

There was a complete silence, the tension rising. The only thing they could do was trying to hear where Sandshrew could be. Pikachu pricked up his ears, as Charmander's flame wavered. Both pokemon standing firmly on the ground, ready to react at any moment. They had to be prepared for what was to come, as Sandshrew was sure to attack one of them.

"To your right!" Sunny yelled, but it was too late. Out of nowhere Sandhrew dug his way up, hitting Charmander hard in the process.

"Charmander!" Tayeon yelled in fear of her pokemon being very hurt. Charmander managed to still stand up though, but being attacked with such force he couldn't react immediatly as Sandshrew used slash. His sharp nails running over charmanders skin, hurting him badly. 

"Pikachu, thunder shock!" Sunny yelled as she watched the attacking Sandshrew in horror.

Pikachu being a fast pokemon reacted immediatly. Bolds of lightning coming from the pokemon. His target the attacking Sandshrew. Both girls gasped as the saw Sandshrew just shrug the attack of, not even scratched or hurt one bit. 

Kyuhyun let out a loud laugh. "This is way too easy! Are you that stupid?"

"Why didn't it work?" Sunny asked in panic.

"Hah, Sandshrew is a ground-type pokemon, so he's immune to any of your electrical attacks! Sandshrew use slash on Pikachu!"

Sunny mumbled incoherent words under her breath. "Pikachu dodge!"

Pikachu used it's speed, both suprising Kyuhyun and the girls. He was really fast, easily dodging the attack. Even Sandshrew was a bit stunned.

Charmander slightly felt better as he had a little bit of rest. The situation was perfect for him to attack.

"Charmander use scratch." 

He used his fast paws to effectively scratch Sandshrew on his tummy. Sandshrew stumbled a bit at the attack. This was the first attack that had worked even if it was just a little bit.

"Is that all you can do? You really are newbies aren't you?"

Taeyeon really had enough of this guy, though she did start to doubt they could win this. How could they have been this stupid? This was their first fight! The only advantage they had was that they were fighting together, but Kyuhyun didn't seem to bothered with that.

'We can do this, Taeyeon,' the girl kept thinking.

"Sandshrew dig again." The boy calmly told, a smirk evident on his face.

"Charmander can't handle another attack like that, Taeng." Sunny stated.

"I know that. We just have to find out where he is, but how?" That's when Taeyeon thought of something. "Sunny! Pikachu's tail!"

That could do the trick. Taeyeon had read a lot about pokemon before she was a trainer and in one article it was stated Pikachu's had a hyper sensitive tail. He uses it to sense it's environment. "Let him put it's tail on the ground. Maybe he can sense Sandshrew with that." Pikachu immediatly did that, listening to both Taeyeon and Sunny's orders as they were in this fight together.

"Brilliant, Taeng! If you know where it'll come up use tackle." Sunny exclaimed.

The vibrations running through it's tail, Pikachu indeed felt Sandshrew's presence. He was right infront of Charmander.

"You really think that's gonna work?" Kyuhyun laughed at them. "Sandshrew, use Slash again!" Pikachu got ready standing on his toes, ready to attack.

"Go Pikachu!" 

"Charmander, stay were you are!"

The ground trembled as Sandshrew dug his way up, jumping high out of his hole. Before he could start his attack on Charmander though, Pikachu had already moved. Jumping up to Sandshrew and tackling him to the ground. Reflexively, Sandshrew used slash on Pikachu. The impact with the ground had been very hard though and he was feeling rather dizzy. He still had enough power to get up and get some distance from his opponents.

"Nice job Pikachu!" Sunny cheered.

"You won't be beating me today girls!" Kyuhyun yelled.

"We'll see about that." Taeyeon said, getting some convidence back. Maybe they could do this. With them working together, combining their
powers, they could beat Sandshrew, right?

"Sunny, I think I know how we can beat him!" As she thought of a brilliant plan. Sandshrew was still coming to senses as Taeyeon gave the next order. "Charmander get on Pikachu's back!" 

Both Sunny and Kyuhyun looked at her as if she was crazy. "Taeng, what are you doing?"

"Trust me Sunny." Was all she said. Even though Sunny looked worried, she nodded to her friend anyways.

"Pikachu use your speed to run around Sandshrew." Pikachu nodded his head. Though he wasn't as fast as he would have been without Charmander on his back, he still had a really high speed, making Sandshrew dizzy just by watching him. Constant flashes of orange and yellow making him close his eyes.

"Charmander use scratch!" Taeyeon yelled.

While Pikachu kept running, Charmander used scratch, hitting Sandshrew almost everywhere.

As they slowed down, Taeyeon ordering them to stop, Sandshrew could only fall to the ground as he was knocked out.

Both girls cheered as they realized just what they had done. They had just won their first battle. Running towards their pokemon, they evelopped them in a big hug. They were very proud of them!

“How’d you do that, Tae-unnie?” Sunny asked curiously.

“Well, I knew that Pikachu's thunder could not even harm Sandshrew, but it's speed was definitely something that we could use. And though Charmander's scratch didn't harm Sandshrew that much, if it was to be done at high speed, it would make the impact way larger,” Taeyeon explained with much confidence.

"Charr~" Charmander cheered happily. The flame on the end of it's tail growing a bit as he suddenly let out a small flame coming through it's mouth. Taeyeon watched in awe as she was interesting in Charmander’s new ability.

Grabbing her pokédex, she pointed it at her pokemon. "Ember. The target is attacked with small flames. The target may also be left with a burn."

"Jjang~" Taeyeon cheered. "Charmander just learned a new attack!" 

"Super awesome Taeng!" Sunny said as she rubbed Pikachu's head softly. Looking around them they saw the girl slowly approaching, seeming a bit nervous.

"Are you okay?" Taeyeon asked immediately. "He didn't hurt you or anything?"

"Y-yeahh, thank you s-so much." The girl bowed deeply and stayed like that, untill Sunny tapped her on her shoulder. "No need to bow like that." She laughed.

"We were glad we could help." Sunny said, flashing her a wide smile, while making a peace sign with her fingers, showing some of her aegyo. "I'm Sunny and this is Taeyeon." She pointed at her best friend.

"Hi, I'm Seo Joohyun, but you can call me Seohyun." The girl was really shy. She was holding what seemed like an egg. 

“Hey, what’s that in your arms?” Taeyeon asked. Seohyun looked at the egg and blushed a bit.

“This is my pokemon, Togepi. She’s the one I used in my battle with Kyuhyun. It’s okay, Togepi. You can come out now.” The little egg’s head sprouted and revealed a kind yet scared face.

“Omo!” Sunny exclaimed. “It’s so cute!” With her pokedex open, Taeyeon pointed it at Togepi. “Togepi, the spike ball pokemon. It transforms the kindness and joy of others into happiness, which it stores in its shell,” the pokedex read.

“That’s a really cool pokemon you got there, Seohyun-sshi,” Taeyeon said.

"Thank you. I-is there anything I can do for the both of you?"

"No no no. That's not nescessary, Seohyun! We are very glad we had our first fight!" Taeyeon beamed.

Seohyun gasped at them. "Your first fight?.." 

"Yeah. Wae?" Taeyeon answered.

"Wow, you were so amazing! I can't believe that was you're first fight!"Seohyun complimented them. She was truly amazed. 

Sunny and Taeyeon blushed at the comment. "Thanks," they said shyly.

"Where is that guy anyways?" Taeyeon asked once she didn't want to see Kyuhyun around anymore.

"He fled the moment you won." Seohyun answered, as she saw him rush of into the woods.

"Pff, well we kicked his , Sun-Bun!" Taeyeon and Sunny high fived each other, while Seohyun giggled at their silliness.

"Where were you going Seohyun? Sunny asked. Curious as to what the girl was doing in this open field, away from the main road.

"Oh, I got my first pokemon, Togepi, a while back and I wanted to go back to my mom in Viridian City for a bit. But I got a bit carried away, cause I saw some healing berries and decided to get into the woods for a bit. I really wanted to go out into the world of pokemon. I’ve always been interested in pokemon, especially their health. I had become quite able to heal injuries of pokemon and it’s my dream to work in a Pokemon Center one day. But before that could happen, I needed to know way more about pokemon and observe them more. That's why I wanted to go out on a journey, but I didn't really want to go on my own. Then I saw Kyuhyun and wanted to battle him for fun, but he took it seriously. Then you guys came in and stopped him, which I thank you for again.”

"Really? We just got our pokemon from Pallet Town and we are also headed to Viridian City! Do you want to go together?" Taeyeon asked, excited for a potential new companion.

"W-would you want that?"

"Sure the more the merrier right, Sunny?" 

"Yes, definitely!" Sunny excitingly said.

It was decided that Seohyun would tag along with them, as they were ready to continue their adventure and to take on any challenges on the way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, fellow fanfic readers and writers! How're you guys doing? I'm so sorry that I haven't updated! But now I can update easily. As you can see I got a co-author! Introuduce yourself, taenyulsic95.


Hii ^^,

I'm taenyulsic95, pokemon fan and soshi lover haha :P,

I am really excited to start writing more for this story! Hope you will all like it hehe~

Lots of love to all you readers ;)

 

I hope you liked this chapter. Expect more!

Comment, subscribe, and/or upvote if you liked it.

Love Ya! <3

Geeky