The Start

Soshimon: I choose you!

The middle aged lady was walking upstairs to her daughter’s room, wondering if she had woken up yet. She opens the door to see her daughter sprawled out on her bed, lightly snoring.

 

“Oh, geez. Now I have to wake you up.” She walks over to the younger and starts shaking her shoulder. “Taeyeon-ah. Taeyeon-ah, wake up.”

 

The girl named Taeyeon mumbled “Umma, leave me be. I’m tired.”

 

“C’mon, Taeyeon. It’s a special day today. Today’s the day you start your journey.” As she said that, Taeyeon’s eyes bulge out.

 

“Yah, Umma! Why didn’t you tell me that sooner?!” Taeyeon shouts at her mother. Taeyeon struggles getting out of her bead and ends up face planting the ground.

 

“Calm down, sweetie. You don’t have rush. I’m just telling you this so you won’t be a lazy pabo and miss getting your starter pokemon.”

 

“Aish, okay. Can you please leave so I can get changed?” Taeyeon asks. Her mother nods her head. As soon as she leaves, Taeyeon starts scrambling around to get her clothes together.

 

Taeyeon’s mother is in the kitchen making breakfast when suddenly someone enters the house.

 

“Annyeong, Mrs. Kim.” It was none other than Taeyeon’s best friend, Sunny. She was dressed in yellow shorts and a yellow t-shirt with a white vest covering it. Her sneakers were white with lighting bolts on the sides and her long brown hair was put up into a high ponytail.

 

“Oh! Annyeong, Sunny. If you’re wondering where Taeyeon is, she’s upstairs getting ready.”

 

“Kekeke! She hasn’t even gotten ready yet?”

 

“That’s my daughter for you. Would you like some toast, dear?” Sunny nodded her head, set down her backpack and proceeded to take a seat. Suddenly, they heard loud thumping noises and saw Taeyeon rushing down the stairs. She was clad in an orange T-shirt and a white mini skirt. The visor on the top of her head was white with flames surrounding it and her hair was kept in a regular ponytail. The only thing odd was that her toothbrush was in .

 

“Err! Ernyerng Serrneh!”

 

“Kim Taeyeon, get that toothbrush out of your mouth. It’s very rude,” Mrs. Kim says. Taeyeon takes her toothbrush out and merongs her mother. Sunny just giggles at her best friend’s silliness.

 

“Hey, Sunny. You ready for the start of our journey?”

 

“Of course I am. Remember we have to get our starters before we can do anything else.”

 

“You should have breakfast before you get your starter. Here.” Mrs. Kim puts down a plate of toast with oran berry jam on it. Taeyeon’s eyes beam with delight and starts engulfing it into . Once she was finished, Taeyeon and Sunny started heading out.

 

“I can’t believe my little girl is going on her first journey. I think I’m gonna cry.” Taeyeon’s mother says dramatically and gives her Taeyeon’s backpack.

 

“Umma, I’m not a little kid anymore. Plus I’ve got Sunny with me. I’ll be fine.” Taeyeon hugs her umma tight. After a couple of minutes, they let go and start to leave. Taeyeon waves one more time and closes the door behind her.

 

“C’mon, Tae! Let’s go to my uncle’s lab and get our starters!”

 

“Okay. Let’s go!” Taeyeon and Sunny run towards the professor’s lab, excited about getting their first pokemon. They open the doors and look around in amazement seeing the lab. An older man in a white lab coat noticed their presence and looked up, smiling from ear to ear.

 

“Annyeong, Uncle/Professor Sooman!” They say and Sunny hugs him while Taeyeon bows toward him.

 

“Annyeonghaeseo, girls. Are you ready to get your starter?”

 

“Neh!” They say simultaneously. Professor Sooman went toward a drawer, opened it, and took out three pokeballs.

 

“Now, which one would you like? Bulbasaur?” He takes a pokeball and opens it. A white light shoots toward the ground and shapes into a bulbasaur. “Charmander?” He takes another one, opens it, and a charmander appears. “Or Squirtle?” He took the last pokeball and opened it to reveal a squirtle. Taeyeon and Sunny look at the pokemon in awe. “Take your time. There’s no rush.” Professor Sooman smiles again.

 

Sunny looks at all of the pokemon in confusion, not knowing which one to pick, while Taeyeon just stares at the Charmander with interest in her eyes. Charmander looked at her back and something clicked. Taeyeon picked up Charmander and she could feel something special within the pokemon. She smiles sincerely.

 

“I’ll take this one.” The charmander smiles back and lets out a little cry. Taeyeon giggles.

 

“Excellent choice. What about you, Sunny?” Professor Sooman looks over at her niece and sees the struggle in her expressions.

 

“I really don’t know, uncle Sooman.”

 

“Well, I’ve got something special for you, my dear.” Sunny’s head perks up in curiosity as her uncle takes out another pokeball. He hands it to her and says “Go on. Open it.” She presses the white button and the white light takes shape of a new pokemon. It was a yellow mouse with red cheeks and pointy ears. It lets out a “Pikachu~” and Sunny squeals in delight.

 

“Can I please have this one, uncle? Please?” He nods his head. Sunny gently picks up the pikachu and smiles at it. The pikachu smiles back.

 

“Wow, they could be twins.” Taeyeon remarks. Professor Sooman laughs. “Oh, girls! Don’t forget your pokedexes.” He hands them standard pokedexes.

 

“Kamsamida!” The two girls say before they leave. They’re holding their pokemon towards their chests, respectively.

 

“You’re very welcome. Have fun on your journey.” The shorties wave goodbye and walk out the door.

 

“Are you ready to go, Tae-unnie?” Taeyeon looks at Sunny and her pikachu and then toward her charmander. The fire pokemon gives her a sweet eye-smile.

 

“Neh. Into the new world we go.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, fellow fanfic readers and writers! How'd you like the first chapter so far? Expect more to come.

Comment, subscribe, and/or upvote if you liked it!

Love Ya! <3

Geeky