Feelings

Listen

Kyuhyun actually walked me home after he helped me with my homework. Taeyeon never saw anything because she was probably in the backyard with Leeteuk.

Leeteuk was her boyfriend and I approved of him being her boyfriend. I was usually over protective about my unnie with the guys she liked, and she was the same with me, but he was nice and funny. He gave me a nickname that now Taeyeon even calls me; my nickname is Seohyun.

I told Kyuhyun this on the way home, and he decided to start calling me that as well. I asked him if he had any nickname and his face turned red a little before answering that his girlfriend has a nickname for him.

Hearing he had a girlfriend, though, kind of made me feel a twinge of sadness. Of course a guy like him would have a girlfriend.

Kyuhyun was handsome, no doubt. He told me he wouldn't really call himself popular, but I knew different, from what Taeyeon said.

He was a party guy. He was the guy that brought the fun in the place. He was the guy that brought the laughs. And everyone loved him for that.

Well, maybe not everyone, but definitely all the girls. He was charming and charismatic and just the guy you want to hang out with. He seemed like he had no problems, but I might be wrong.

I might be wrong because everyone else also saw me like a popular girl that had no problems when really, my life has a shipload of them.

How strange of me, though, to just go ahead and tell this all to Kyuhyun. He was a good listener.

"So let me get this straight," he said after I was done talking. "Your ex-friend thought you slept with her boyfriend and now she thinks you're a . Your mother and father split, causing your father to make bad choices and end up in jail. And your aunt is being a total jerk just because she never approved of your father?"

"That kinda sums it all up," I replied, avoiding the cracks on the sidewalk as we walked.

"And then... because your ex-friend was a jerk to others when you were with her, people don't really want to talk to you?" he questioned.

"Yep," I answered. I looked at his face and his expression wasn't too good. "What?"

"I don't know," he said, looking at me. "It just sounds... it all just sounds so bad." He paused for a second before breathing in. "What happened, really, between you and your friend?"

I thought back to it.

Shh, Joohyun. Don't worry, it's just me.

I suddenly felt my stomach turn and everything seemed smaller. Kyuhyun wasn't there anymore and the only thing I could see was the endless sidewalk. I threw my hand over my stomach in hope to stop the feeling. I started feeling dizzy and the world was spinning.

I felt Kyuhyun put his hand on my shoulder and shake it a bit. "Seohyun, you okay? You look pale." He turned me to face him and I saw worry in his eyes. "Are you sick?"

"N-no," I told him, shrugging his hand off. "I'm fine. I just... I kinda feel horrible just thinking about it."

He nodded. "Okay. You don't really have to tell me about it."

I breathed in slowly, the feeling in my stomach leaving. "I didn't do anything. That night."

He looked at me. "Well, did you tell her that?"

I shook my head slightly. "She didn't want to listen. Instead, she listened to her boyfriend."

"Hm." He kept walking, a look of thought on his face. "Then she never really was your friend." He said that with so much knowlege, I still had to look at him, confused.

"What?" I asked.

He smiled softly. "Seohyun, I may be a party guy, but I know what true friends are and what they will do. If something like that happens, a true friend would consider both stories. A true friend would listen." He sighed slightly. "I've met a few bastards like that. What I've learned, Seohyun, is to choose your friends wisely. Pick the people that are good and will not judge you or anything else bad."

"Well, how do you know who is good and who is bad?" I asked.

"You're not supposed to," he said, grinning. "That's life. You don't know until you finally experience the moments of it. Sometimes, those good friends just come naturally. Other times, you don't even know it. And many other times, there's someone bad taking you away from the good folks."

I nodded. "That's the thing, though. Seungyeon has already done that and now, the good people are trying to ignore me."

"That's why you don't let others control who you are or what you do or who you hang out with," he told me. "It's your life to live, it's your choices to make. It doesn't matter what people think of you. What matters is that in the end, you're either happy with your choices, or you're reflecting from the bad ones you've made. No matter what, it's just you who is going to care about what happens to you in the end. Nobody else. You get what I mean?"

Strange thing was I did understand. So I nodded with a small smile.

We both stopped in front of the fence of my cousin's house.

"Well, this is your stop," he told me as I walked up to the porch. I turned around to him.

"You don't want to come inside for a drink or something?" I asked him. He shook his head.

Then he gave a lopsided grin. "Your cousin would throw me out."

I giggled slightly. "She wouldn't."

He chuckled a bit. "I know." A car passed behind him, making his hair blow from the wind. "I have something to do." He thought for a moment before running up to me. "Give me your phone."

I tilted my head. "What?"

"Your phone."

"Why?"

"Because," he said, "if you ever need help on your math again, you can give me a call."

I trusted him because he wasn't really a total stranger that Taeyeon always told me to avoid. He was her friend and because she strusted him, I will too. So I handed him my phone. After a while of pressing numbers down, he gave it back.

"Call me," he said, smiling and winking before running off. I knew that was supposed to be a flirt joke (it's not meant to be taken seriously as flirting), but my cheeks turned warm.

"Will do!" I shouted at him, who was already a little far away. I saw him raise a thumbs up and I walked inside the house.

I walked into the living room and put my backpack down on the couch. As I looked up at the transparent doors that led to the backyard, I saw Leeteuk and Taeyeon laughing and giggling together.

I went to the doors and slid the door open. Taeyeon saw me.

"Oh! Seohyunnie! You're home," she said, smiling. "Where were you?"

"I was..." I started, thinking about Kyuhyun and how friendly he was. "I was with a friend."

Leeteuk looked at me suspisciously. "Don't tell me it was a boy. You look happy and flustered."

My cheeks went warm. "A-ah, really? I didn't know."

Leeteuk and Taeyeon looked at each other before shrugging.

"Anyways," he said, "I've got to go now." He hugged and kissed Taeyeon before walking to me. "It was nice to see you, Seohyun." He gave a slight hug before passing me to the front door.

After hearing the door close shut, Taeyeon looked at me. "He was right. You looked happy." She grinned as she walked with me to the kitchen. "Who is it? Who is it?"

I giggled. "Unnie, it's nobody." I tried to shrug it off. "Besides, he just wanted to help me with math."

"But you admit it's a BOY!" she clapped while jumping excitedly. "My little Seohyunnie is growing up fast, finding someone she likes. Who is it? Tell me! What's his name?"

"U-unnie, I'm not sure if you'd—"

"Come on!"

"Okay, fine," I said, giving in. "Well... you know him." I looked at her when slowly saying his name. "Cho Kyuhyun."

Her face went from excited to shocked. "Cho... Kyuhyun? But he's got a girlfriend."

"That's why," I told her. "I don't like him that way and he doesn't like me that way either. He just wanted to help me with math because he knows who I am." I sighed happily, despite my comment about my feelings for him earlier. "Unnie, he was a great listener and he gave me great advice for my problems."

She looked at me strangely. "You say you have no feelings, yet you speak of him in this way."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

She copied my sigh earlier. "That sounds a lot like you're in love or something."

"Unnie!" I whined. She just chuckled.

"Just make sure you don't, Seohyun," she told me, being serious. "Don't fall in love with him. He's... I don't know... he just reminds me of someone... someone that was a good person but just made wrong decisions."

"Unnie, I won't fall in love with him," I said, laughing at this thought as if it was the craziest thing ever. "Seriously, I don't fall easily, you know that."

"Right," Taeyeon grinned. "There were so many guys pining after you before and you didn't fall for any one of them. You don't fall easy."

Me and her laughed about this stupid idea.

But Kyuhyun was different from the other guys. And I couldn't stop myself.

I fell. In love. Hard.