001

Qualified Fiance

Taeyang walks inside 'Y building',  the place where he spends almost his entire year to be at. He looks so tough, and so cold outside. Employees are bowing, just after realizing his exsistence. He gives a sharp glance towards them. His presence are so strong that makes people are being flooded by cold sweats all over their bodies.

Taeyang stops his steps. He turns his black shoes 45 degrees. He comes closer to a woman employee who's working behind the in front desk. Her body is trembling badly as she sees Taeyang is getting closer to her standing place now.

"I'm not paying you for just sitting here, and gossiping like old women. If you are not satisfied with your salary, or you think you should have gotten a better job, then you'd better write the resignation letter as soon as possible, give it to me within 24 hours." Taeyang sharp-tonguedly grunted.

"I'm sorry, I will not repeat my shameful attitude. I will make sure, I'm going to work harder from now on." she muttered with trembling voice.

"Do you think I'm a ghost? Don't act like you're scared, while I know what you've been gossiping on. My family? How I'm at my place now? Does it matter for you?" Taeyang asked, showing his contented face after has succeed on peeling off that employee's dark side. "Well, I warn you,...." he skips his talking to see her nametag. "Miss. Lee Byul Ra, I am not warm-hearted nor easy to tolerate mistakes, so you need to watch your words when you're working. You can talk anything about my family out of here. But don't dare to do it, here. In my building. In my territory. Get it?" Taeyang tilted his head waiting for her to answer.

That employee just manages to meekly nod. She doesn't dare to mouth a word. She's trembling, thinking how she will lose her job due her stupidity.

Taeyang continues to get in his office which located in 7th floor. As he reaches the knob, his secretary calls him.

"Mr. Taeyang," she bows 90 degrees. "Here's your today's schedule," she handed Taeyang a new printed schedule. "We're going to have a meeting in 5 minutes. The files are on your desk already. Then, we will go to Seoul's national museum for discussing the new agreement with our new colleagues. After that, you'll have a lunch with your father." she finished reading a paper in her hand.

Taeyang lets out a big sigh after hearing the last schedule that his secretary just mentioned. He hates it to have a lunch with his parents, no different between his mom or his dad. They both are same. They will ask the same question.

"Can you cancel my lunch?" he asked with no enthusiastic.

"Well, I'm sorry. But you've canceled your lunch with your parents for the whole week. I think it would be difficult to find another excuse." she gulped her saliva, desiring Taeyang to understand her position.

"That's what I make you to be my secretary for. Your job is to make sure my schedule is well-arranged. No wasting my precious time by doing something that is not related to business. And that lunch does count. Just cancel it, therefore I will not troubly to find another secretary." he then left her there, statued while looking down to the floor.

 

 


 

 

"Taeyang! Stay there! We need to talk!" His mother comes down from upstairs.

Taeyang uses his do-not-care face while looking the opposite direction of his mother.

"What were doing this afternoon? What a well-mannered son I've got!" she grumbled sacratically.

"Well, mom. I was busy. I'm sorry." he said, literally not feeling regret at all.

"How many times you have to say sorry and I get to believe that bull?" now she is standing right in front of her son, facing him with fierce eyes. She folds her arms on her chest. "I raised you not for being a disobedient kid like this."

"Mom, please. I'm so tired. Can we talk tomorrow?" he was about to leave when his mother stepped ahead of him.

"Where are you going? You're like coward now. Avoiding me, huh? Do you think with you're being like this then the problem is going to be finished itself? No son, world doesn't run like that." she grinned.

Taeyang could feel cold air on his shoulders. Perhaps, his fierce attitudes are generic from his mother, he thought. She seems like ready to talk about this all night long.

"Mom, I know what you're going to talk about. I'm tired. Probably your world doesn't run like that. But mine, definitely does. So please mom, I beg you with my deepest heart. Give me a time, alone. Don't force me to have a wife. Family? Oh, c'mon! You know that I'm having hard time to take care of myself, and you ask me to have a family? No. Just no for now. Anything else to be asked?" he furrowed his eyebrows, and emphasized the word "alone".

"Taeyang, same as you. Mommy is also tired, hearing the same concern of you who are not taking care yourself well. That's why you have to get a wife! So your life is going to be better! She can take care of you! Taeyang, you're not my only one son! You should just look at your hyung! He is well-mannered, he obeys what we ask him to do, and see? He has his own company while also working on your dad's company! He has a happy family now! Try to compare him to you! You're so nothing! Taeyang, please listen to us, because we love you. We care about you." his mother nagged on him.

He nods. His mother is right. He is nothing compare to his hyung. His hyung is so perfect from all sides. Just not like him. But he doesn't like it when he has to be compared. Who likes? Beside, he is not ready yet for having a family. There are some dreams he hasn't catched yet. In another word, having family will be such as burden for him to handle.

"Find another son that will obey your words and not dissappointed as me. Easy, right?" he smriked.

His mother slaps across his face. She can't believe he would be hard as stone. Taeyang is startled. He holds his redden cheek. He feels a warmth on his cheek as the effect of getting a rough slap. He smiles forcefully, it's been long time his mother reaches her anger's peek.

"Young man! Don't ever try to talk to me that way! You don't like to be in this family?! You know how desperate people out there just for working in our companies?! You know if we sell our property, we can feed the nation for the whole ten years without getting an income! And now you wish you're not the part of this family?! Go to your room now! You will have a long talk with your father tomorrow. We've asked your secretary to cancel all of your precious schedule tomorrow! You will stay here and we'll have a family meeting with your hyung too!" his mom ordered.

Taeyang widens his eyes. He is about to collapse. He doesn't manage to say any word. He knows he would be done tomorrow. Indeed. Three people will make an ally and against him in any way. Well, for his hyung, at least he will try to talk to him softly and uses his remain patience to face him. But other thing comes from his parents who would turn into beasts that seem ready to eat him in one swallow.

 

 


 

He walks to his room with heavy steps. Family meeting sounds like being in the hell for hours. He throws his body on the bed, his head is drowned in the pillow. He hits the bed shift continuously for releasing his sickener.

In this kind of situation, his heart needs something to be fulfilled. He misses someone. The only person that he needs the most.

"Min Young... I need you now." Taeyang uttered. He looks at the clock that's attached on the wall.

He stands and stretches his body, a cracking sound could be heard in the air. It was tiring day for him. His works are growing to be mountain soon, yet his parents who force him to get marry soon.

He walks into the bathroom and washes his face. He looks the reflection in the mirror.

"Just if they knew." he murmured.

He then wipes his face, turns on the shower and lets the water flowing down his well-shapped body. He closes his eyes. After putting on his colthes, he goes out of his room sneakingly. Hoping no one spots him. He makes it well. He is succeed to reach his car parking place. He then rides his car to the highway. He keeps thinking about tomorrow's family meeting as he controls the steer wheel.

Taeyang stops in front of a hospital kilometers away from his home. He's without being commanded, finally finds a room that he's searching for. He opens the lid slowly. He knows the owner of the room may be sleeping at this late of hour. He manages to walk inside the room, tap toeing and trying to not making any sound. He brakes right beside the hospital bed which has someone sleeping peacfully on it. He caresses his thumb on her cheek.

"You look like an angel." he smiled.

He takes a chair to sit beside the hospital bed. He holds her hand and kiss it gently.

"It's been a while I'm coming here. I'm sorry Min Young, I'm busy recently. You might not hear me, but I need you the most now. My parents are insisting me to marry soon. They've offered me many girls, but as usual, I keep rejecting them. I don't love them, I don't even know who the heck they are. The only one that I love is you. What should I do? I accept you, just the way you are. But I'm not sure about them. Will they accept us to be together?" he stopped talking. His head is pounding badly, and his tears are about to fall down. "But, don't worry, I will not leave you, no matter what." he continued.