II

Blue Post-its

Whoa, whoa, whoa Donghae, is this who I think it is?” Cho Kyuhyun asks as Donghae and Hyukjae sit down at Donghae's usual table, now with food trays in their hands.

 

Shut up, Kyuhyun,” Donghae says quietly, glaring at the younger although a blush is evident on his face. Utterly confused, Hyukjae only shrugs the thought away and takes his seat next to Donghae.

 

If it isn't Mr. Lee Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun continues, rounding on Eunhyuk this time, who only widens his eyes in surprise at being acknowledged by someone other than Donghae. “Whatcha doing with my pal Donghae here, huh?”

 

I'm, u-um, e-eating lunch?” Hyukjae doesn't know where this sudden stuttering is coming from but he really doesn't like it.

 

Mhm, better just be lunch you're eating for a long time,” the snarky brat snaps, making Donghae suddenly choke on his food.

 

Cho Kyuhyun you shut up right now!!” he hisses, leaning across the lunch table to smack the younger's arm. Hyukjae just sits there, unsure of what is actually going on.

 

Kyuhyun chuckles at Donghae's embarrassment. “Hey, I'm just saying, he better not try and pull a fast one because I swear to Siwon if he does-”

 

Kyu, stop, you know he's gonna kill you once Hyukjae's out of here.” Sungmin comes up behind them and takes the seat next to Kyuhyun, greeting the confused Hyukjae with a warm smile and the pissed-off Donghae with a “sorry about him” kind of look.

 

Um, I'm not really sure what you guys are talking about, but I assure you whatever you think I'm thinking, I'm not...” Hyukjae tries to get on Kyuhyun's good side with whatever the youngest was talking about, but only receives a glare in return, which only makes him want to dig a hole in the ground and climb in there forever.

 

I'm watching you, monkey,” Kyuhyun says, sending another glare Hyukjae's way before he continues eating his food like nothing's happened.

 

Hyukjae turns Donghae's way to maybe ask what the hell is going on but stops himself when he sees said boy hiding his face in his food the best he can while blushing like crazy. And honestly he can't keep his eyes off of the younger until he hears the faint sound of the bell ringing signalizing that lunch was over.

 

 

As usual, expected by now, almost the moment the teacher's lecture begins, a note comes tossed onto Hyukjae's desk. He holds back the eyeroll – because honestly Donghae is too cute – as he takes the note and leans to the desk on his other side to help pass it on.

 

Hyukjae!” he hears someone whisper and turns to see Donghae smiling at him slightly. “That's for you,” Donghae mouths cutely, pointing at the note in Hyukjae's hand.

 

Trying not to let his surprise – and excitement – show, he quickly unfolds the neat blue post-it to read what Donghae wrote.

 

'I'm sorry about lunch. Kyuhyun's such a little brat, same as always' the note says in adorable handwriting, making Hyukjae smile as he starts looking for something to reply on. Before getting upset because he can't find anything, a full brand-new package of post-its lands on his desk, the one on the top reading 'I had an extra pack :)' in the same cute handwriting as the last note.

 

He immediately takes a new post-it and writes 'It's okay, I was just really confused, that's all,' as a response and folds the note and tosses it to Donghae's desk. He doesn't know why he's enjoying himself so much, but he assumes it's because he's the one Donghae's passing notes to and not Sungmin.

 

They spend the rest of class passing notes to one another, Eunhyuk not paying attention to the class for the first time in a long time.

 

 

It's almost instant how the two become close to best friends. They pass notes every day in class (Donghae and Sungmin still do as well), Hyukjae always sits with Donghae and his friends at lunch (abandoning basically all friend he had before), and they even walk home together. Hyukjae's favorite is when Sungmin stays after school, which is three days a week, because that means more alone time with Donghae.

 

It's amazing how close the two boys already are. They've already been over each other's houses numerous times, even only having been talking for almost three weeks.

 

Hyukjae just finds Donghae so addicting, he finds himself wanting more the more time he spends with him. He's sweet, funny, adorable, and so many amazing things that Hyukjae catches himself staring too many times for his liking.

 

Kyuhyun sends him daily glares, never speaking directly to him too much, but he hasn't mentioned anything about whatever he had talked about that first day Hyukjae sat with them, but whatever the matter was still had Hyukjae itching to know.

 

They're now sitting in lunch about four weeks after the bloom of Eunhyuk and Donghae's friendship, Kyuhyun, as usual, not saying much to Hyukjae in particular. Although, Eunhyuk notices, he is sending more looks his way than he does normally.

 

Are you stupid?” Kyuhyun eventually says out of the blue, making Hyukjae widen his eyes in surprise and choke a bit on his drink.

 

I-I don't think so...” Hyukjae answers, too afraid of the younger to make a quick remark.

 

I think you are,” Kyu analyzes, leaning back in his seat and crossing his arms over his chest.

 

Leave him alone, Kyu,” Sungmin butts in, nudging the youngest's shoulder. “Sure, he's not the brightest, I mean that's obvious, but he's not stupid. He's just not good at taking hints...from just about everyone. But still, he's not stupid.”

 

Way to try to make him feel better, Min,” Kyuhyun says, rolling his eyes slightly.

 

What's going on?” Donghae asks, leaning over from the conversation he's just ended with Ryeowook. “What are you guys talking about?”

 

Look, do you like Donghae?” Kyuhyun asks quite bluntly, gesturing to Donghae, whose eyes are now at their widest point and his face almost the color of a tomato. He stops himself from yelling at the younger, choosing to instead stare at Hyuk almost expectantly, holding his breath for an answer.

 

Um, well, he's an amazing friend, yea...” Hyuk chooses the safe answer, just in case the question's not the question he's assuming it is. He doesn't notice the way Donghae's face suddenly drops.

 

No, you idiot,” Kyuhyun sighs exasperatedly, making Sungmin cover his mouth and giggle quietly. “Like do you like him, like more than an amazing friend. Do I have to spell this out for you?”

 

Kyu, stop. I think he gets it. You're making him uncomfortable. Just stop, alright?” Donghae stands up and quickly walks out of the cafeteria, trying to cover his face as best he can before he reached where he was running to, ignoring Sungmin's yells to come back. Sungmin stands, ready to follow the younger, but Kyuhyun only pulls him to sit back down.

 

No, Min. I got this,” the youngest says, holding Sungmin down so he can't leave. The older only pouts, but stays nonetheless.

 

You,” Kyuhyun says, turning back to Hyukjae. “Answer my question. Do you like Donghae as more than a friend?”

 

Eunhyuk, his face bright red, instead of answering asks, “Why?”

 

Because, you dip, Donghae's got a huge crush on you! He has ever since we were kids. You seriously are stupid if you haven't noticed it in the past few weeks since you guys started hanging out.”

 

Wait, is that why he's upset?!” Eunhyuk asks worriedly, pointing in the direction Donghae ran off in. Both Kyuhyun and Sungmin nod, and without even answering Kyuhyun's question he runs out of the cafeteria as fast as he can.

 

,” Sungmin mutters, fishing into his pockets.

 

Ten dollars, my friend,” Kyuhyun said smugly with a smirk on his face. “I told you he liked him back.”

 

Shut up,” Sungmin says with a pout as he slaps a ten dollar bill into the younger's awaiting hand.