Chapter 3

Jeeo-ri

Chapter 3

 

 

Asking 'You rich?' is probably the most unprofessional move I've made as of yet. Stupid, stupid me.

She frowned at me before answering with 'My family has enough.' Not bad. At this point I'm thinking, she can probably be my next client - I mean not that my bank account is running out but things have gotten so boring for me lately - all my clients have successfully travelled out of town (well apart from Woohyun, but he hasn't caused any ruckus lately) and I'm left with nothing to solve, adventure-less if you will.

'So what's your name?' I approached in a friendly manner- I even gave her the basketball back to show her that I trust her and more importantly that it’s okay for her to trust me too.

She took it.

'Don't waste your time Jeeo boy.' She replied. She wasn't very nice, actually she was kinda mean, but I also kinda liked that about her.

'But you know mine.' I challenged, although I don't even know why I even persisted to ask, I can probably look it up on dad's database later on.

She rolled her eyes, ‘It’s Suzy, I guess...thanks for the ball.' She held it up as she started to walk away from me. 'Wait.' I called out and she stopped and turned around.

'Where are you off to?' I questioned with a surprising tone of authority in my voice which suddenly came out from nowhere. Everyone's curfew is 9.00PM and no houses lie in the direction she’s going.

And more importantly, I asked because I sort of want in. I want to have fun tonight and it's been so long since I did something thrilling, and something new. I mean I'm already out here on my street past 9, so why not go all the way?

She started retracing her steps until she's back an arm's length away from me. 'I'm only telling if you're willing to help’ she teased.

'Fine.' Not really. For all I know she'd murdered some poor student who asked her to join the debate club and wanted me to help to dispose of the body. But go ahead, Suzy.

'Promise?'

'Promise.' I said too soon without a thought. Never break a promise. I inwardly cursed one of dad's lousy message. What if she actually asks me to bury the dead student's body? 

She gently placed her basketball on the ground and then straightened up to face me with a playful glint in her eyes, 'Let's colour our school.' I inwardly cursed dad's message twice. Three times. This is worse. 

I'm in trouble, no, I’m not in trouble, not yet, but I sure will be soon enough. I wonder what dad’ll do to me when he finds out his perfect son helped a newbie to vandalise the school? Will he wipe out the town’s memory of me too like he did with my brother? Am I over-reacting? No, I’m probably not.

And then it hit me, wait, relax, calm down, and honestly...why do I even care? I’m 18 and I’ve been living my life in the most robotic way any teenager could possibly live it. I need a break, I deserve a break. And no, Kim Myungsoo, this is so much better than burying a poor guy's body.

'Let's go.' I said, maybe a bit too eagerly, she raised up her eyebrow at me and then snatched my hand, dragging me fast behind her as we started to jog towards the northern school of this town. Respectful space in every place, my mind kept repeating but my hand never flinching away from her.

I've never held a girl's hand before, not in this way, whatever this way is. I mean I’ve held mum’s hands and grandma’s, and I remember holding some girl’s hand back in 3rd grade when I was in my primary school’s Little Red Riding Hood play and I was a tree, I, played a tree.

But this, this is different, this is Holding A Girl’s Hand As We’re About To Do Something Reckless different. Her palm against mine was softer than I imagined, and if I wasn’t too busy thinking why the message isn’t repeating itself like it does when I try to hold Jiyeon’s hand I could’ve sworn I felt something jolt up right from my palm through my arms giving me goosebumps.

We stopped in front of the school that holds the capacity of around two thousand, ranging from primary school kids to high schoolers. Suzy bent down to try to catch her breath as I panted trying to catch mine. She began to straighten herself up and started laughing while pointing the spraypaint’s can at me, ‘Having fun Mr. Kim sir?’

‘I guess so.’ I laughed with her between my ragged panting even though I don’t even know what we’re laughing about. “I guess so” is an understatement. I am having fun, I’m having more fun than I’ve had for the past 10 years combined.

The adrenaline rushing through me was so much that I impulsively reached out for the spray can between her hands and press down its button. And then there was a hissing sound. I’m doing it – I’ve made a big green streak on the school’s gate, defacing property. Breaking rules.

My mouth splits into a huge grin and I looked to my side and I see her, laughing out a beautiful noise, and clapping her hands in awe. Exaggerating the emotions on her face that only conveys to being proud. Unlike the messages which are now screaming into my brain. Badbadbad.

I stuff them back and swing the can wide.  It feels good.

 

 

 


Hello hello hello again~ 

I really hope you guys are getting into it, and if you've got any questions then please feel free to ask any of them!

Please leave me your thoughts on this so far, any suggestions, any criticism, anything.

Thanks a lot and please anticipate the next chapter~

-jelleu.