Chapter 1

Jeeo-ri

Chapter 1

 

 

I looked over at Sungyeol who’s currently writing up his essay like there’s no tomorrow and from this view it almost looks like he’s a normal Jeeo kid, diligent, robotic, and hard-working, but I know he’s nothing like so – I mean he’s biting the cap of his pen for crying out loud.

Do not damage any properties. My brain automatically went through the relevant message which he’ll probably get in a second, a bad habit I learned since the day I managed to control them in my head. I guess it became a practice of mine to guess which message goes through which person as it reminds me of the drill that helps me keep up my fake act of being “normal.”

Wake up at 6.30AM. Brush your teeth up and down, 30 times on each side. Eat breakfast – toast rye bread for yourself and your parents. Always obey your parents. Pick up the newspaper from the lawn.

I’ve memorised them all.

The message must’ve now kicked in within Sungyeol as he suddenly flinched away from the pen he was holding and looked confused for a second. ‘Thanks you piece of ty no-use m-m-m- man.’ He exasperatedly whispered as his fist tightened in frustration, and then relaxed as he continued to do his work. Sometimes, I wonder if Sungyeol still listens to any of the CDs I made him – is he slowly pushing the messages out or will he go back to being one of them?

I looked at my watch. It read 8:45PM. Be home by 9 o’clock. I inwardly groaned as it assertively reminded me, as if it needed to. I packed my bag and rushed out of Sungyeol’s house (not without saying thank you to his parents for letting me in their household of course because Always show gratitude and respect towards others) and leisurely paced my way through the street which separates my house and his.

8:55PM. I have plenty of time to sit outside the porch of my house and inhale the remaining of the night in before I go inside and act like the finest kid of my age.

I thought I had plenty of time anyway, that is, until I saw her.

She was walking in the middle of the road as she held a basketball by her right hand and a spray paint by the other. She stopped right in front of my street and dramatically rotated the heel of her left foot until she’s directly facing my house. Looking at the ball, then scanning my house, then back to the ball again. No way is she going to do what I think she’s about to do. The messages keep everyone in place – No vandalism or graffiti.

She’s aiming the football right at dad’s window upstairs. Uh-oh.

9:00PM.

I wanted to watch or do something, anything, but my feet started moving towards our front door ready to allow myself in by their own accord. Be home by 9 o’clock. It streamed into my brain again. My hands automatically grabbed and twisted the door knob as my brain and the bloody messages within it fought to take control of my own body. I closed my eyes to focus myself and calmly inhaled and exhaled. I am in control. I will not be controlled by the messages.

I managed to push out them out with a barricaded metal gate inside my brain. For now, they don’t matter. She does. What she’s about to do does. For some reason they do. This stupid girl and that one stupid blonde streak on her dark brown hair. I quickly got a grip of myself and ran out of my porch towards where she is. She looked at me, alarmed at first, until a mischievous grin slowly spread across her face.

She then threw it. She threw the goddamn ball.

 

 


Hello you guys! First of all, thank you for subscribing to this story, I really appreciate it! And moreso, thank you for the comments, keep them coming, suggesting, and telling me what you think of it so far~

@suzylike, I'm sorry this chapter probably didn't give you the 'getting to know them' bit but we'll touch on that soon, I promise, please anticipate!

@noemilove, I've updated and it may be short but I'm just trying to build up the setting here, thank you for waiting~

Again, thank you and I hope you're all starting to get the grasp of it~