Lesson 10 ~ Our last lesson

Lessons of the Heart

 “CONGRATULATIONS!” One of Jonghyun friends screamed hugging him. Sang Hee jumped to the side avoiding the drunk man and Jinki pulled Daisy away from the danger.

She looked up at him adoring the smile that never left his face ever since they won the contest.

The moment they announced the winner was the moment a big weight left Jinki shoulders. He was finally free, he would be able to protect his mom, follow his dreams and finally date Daisy without being afraid to be a danger to her life.

“Do you want to drink anything?” Jinki asked knowing that Daisy never drinks but trying to be polite. Jonghyun friends organized the party and a lot of people they knew were on it, congratulating them on their victory.

“Water.” Daisy screamed over the loud music.

“You should sing something!” Someone screamed making Sang Hee laugh.

She actually wasn’t that bad singing either.

“Thank you!” Daisy whispered on her friend ear. “For helping us.”

“Oh Daisy don’t be silly. You are my friend. That’s what friends do.” Even though she was talking with her, Sang Hee eyes were on the blonde man across the room with his friends, surrounded by girls, Jonghyun.

“Why don’t you talk with him and tell him.” Daisy elbowed Sang Hee trying to give her a push.

“No. He is out of my league.”

“WHAT?” that was a first. Sang Hee the most overly confident girl Daisy knew saying that. “How can you say that? You spent so many hours together during the rehearsals and…”

“That’s why I know he is. He is even greater than I thought. I don’t stand a chance with him.”

Jinki arrived with a glass of water in one hand and a cup of beer on the other, his silly satisfied smile plastered over his face.

Sang Hee exhaled noisily stealing the beer cup from him and drinking it in one go before disappearing in the middle of the crowd. Jinki watched her surprised and stared at his empty hand sadly “What just happened?”

“Sang Hee loves Jonghyun.” Daisy informed.

“Well duh! Everyone knows that.”

“You think he knows too?” Daisy asked grabbing her glass of water.

“Yes. I’m sure. It’s pretty obvious.”

“Oh” Daisy muttered not being able to hide her disappointment.

“Having a change of heart?” Jinki asked frowning and Daisy hit his arm playfully.

“No. I wish he would hook up with Sang Hee. She truly likes him and she is different from those bimbos that follow him around.”

“Well he likes her too.”

Jinki shrugged before Daisy grabbed his shoulders her eyes questioning him.

“WHAT?”

“Well he didn’t tell me but it’s pretty obvious that he does. He just doesn’t admit it.”

“Oh…” Daisy released a scared Jinki and observed Jonghyun in thought.  “Maybe she should make him jealous.”

“Well I think she is doing it already.”

Daisy followed Jinki gaze just to see Sang Hee dancing with two guys around her. It was like a mating dance and soon Jonghyun noticed it, his eyes not leaving the scene.

Jinki started commenting the scene as if it was National Geographic and Daisy watched it chuckling.

“Now the alpha watched the other males going after the female he selected. The alpha starts to get jealous and stand ups from his seat. He strides to the scene ready to claim the female…”

As Jinki observed, Jonghyun stood up and walked to Sang Hee grabbing her arm.

“The alpha communicates with the female and she pretends to struggle to make him more interested and BAM….alpha claims her.”

Jonghyun kissed Sang Hee before pulling her in a dazed state away from everyone.

Daisy grabbed Jinki arm watching them leave the room.

“And the alpha takes the female to his bedroom….the specie won’t die….the alpha will jump on top of her and…”

Daisy placed a hand on Jinki mouth shutting him up. “Ok that’s enough.”

“I was good wasn’t I?”

She chuckled hiding her face on his arm.

“Let’s go. There is somewhere I want to take you.”

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

“Why are we here?” Daisy asked just to be scolded by Jinki that placed a finger in front of his mouth signaling her to keep quiet. She walked after him in total darkness until he used his phone to light their steps. They were inside the library and Daisy wondered where did he found the key to enter it. “How do you even..?”

“Jonghyun helped me ok?! Now keep quiet…” She followed him, their hands intertwined until they end up on the familiar hall she used to walk alone so many times before but now she was with him.

It was her hiding place, the same place she used to hide before from everyone, the same one where Jinki promised that he would be her safe heaven, the same one where she made out with him before.

She knew why she was there and she could have ran away or told him to go back but she didn’t. She also wanted that. If there was anyone that could help Daisy escape from the real world into a place that only belonged to them, was Jinki, and she would do anything to step into that world with him.

Daisy wasn’t prepared for what she saw. There was a fluffy blanket on the floor, on the place she sat crying so many times before, and instead of candles, the moonlight was entering from a small window turning the place into a kind of magical portal.

Jinki smiled like the Cheshire cat satisfied with his idea, placing his phone and wallet on the floor beside the blanket and sat on it patting the spot in front of him.

Daisy placed her bag next to his things and sat in front of him. They weren’t touching each other and yet the way he was regarding her was making her feel hot in a good way.

“I said I wanted to make it special.” He commented grabbing her hand on his “I don’t want to pressure you, being with you, talking all night is enough for me. I only want to spend the night with you as my prize from the contest.” He smiled shyly making her heart jump “we don’t have to...”

“We do...” Daisy blushed deeply tightening his hand and moving closer to him so her legs were touching his. “I want it too. That would be my prize too.”

He moved his hand to her cheek and caressed her. “I love you no matter what Daisy. Whatever happens tonight!”

“I know. It’s just that…when I’m with you I…I’ve never felt like this. I finally have something else to look forward when I wake up. I have someone to talk with and…I don’t know what to say. I..”

He pulled her into his arms and Daisy rested her head on his chest while he caressed her back. “It’s ok. I know!”

More words weren’t needed and silence filled the library again until they moved slowly away from each other, their eyes settling on each other eyes.

That was their secret hiding place and Daisy wasn’t afraid anymore. No, he was her secret hiding place; she no longer needed that old place inside a dusty library. Now she only needed his arms around her, nothing else. If she wanted to cry she had his shoulders, if she wanted to hide she had his chest, there was no need for any other place to run to.

“Actually I…” Jinki was interrupted when Daisy kissed his lips, softly and yet passionately. It was rare of her to take the first step so she really meant everything she said. She wanted it as much as he did and Jinki hands moved on her back, pulling her closer again.

“I love you.” she mumbled against his lips seeming a little lost about what to do next. It was actually adorable and he couldn’t help but smile. She was the most beautiful person he ever saw. Jinki moved slowly, carefully pushing her down on the fluffy blankets, one of his hands supporting his height over her while with the other he brushed her hair, now free from the ponytail Sang Hee made, away from her face. She watched him breathless, her hands over her chest still lost on what to do. Jinki patiently grabbed her hands placing her arms around his neck before her kissed her again. Daisy answered to the kiss desperately, his body falling on top of her and giving her new sensations. His lips moved over hers, the kissing getting more and more passionately with his tongue entering and his hands going below her skirt, caressing her legs.

Daisy helped him get rid of his and her clothes between kisses. It all happened so fast and yet they were probably inside the library for a long time kissing. When she noticed both were only on their underwear with their bodies rubbing against each other while their lips moved.

Jinki sat up staring at the woman in front of him still laying down, her lips red and swollen because of their kissing, her hair a mess. Daisy was also looking at him in the same way he was. Desire and above else love, in her eyes. He swallowed finally conscious of what was going to happen. He was going to be her first, he was going to make love with her and everything would change. He knew it would. He could be scared but he wasn’t. That was the right thing to do because his love for her was like the universe, as the poem he read, always expanding and he liked it because he was always the adventurous type. He didn’t mind get lost on that kind of universe.

Daisy sat up too touching his arm wondering what he was doing and he kissed her again, his hands moving to the hook of her bra that he helped her take it off. She looked perfect under the moonlight and even though he wanted to kiss her again he didn’t want to close his eyes, he wanted to watch her, how the light caressed her skin, how it illuminated her body as if the moon was also in love with her and wanted to be a part of that moment.

So he slowly pulled her down her legs and Daisy watched him while he took his own underwear off, placing a on his before he moved over her again.

His eyes searched hers a last time and she spread her legs placing them around his waist giving him the last sign he needed.

Jinki kissed her again and she hugged him just when he entered her. It hurt, she could never deny it but still she smiled.

Daisy knew sacrifices should always be made if we wanted something really badly. That pain was necessary because the pleasure would follow after and she wasn’t wrong.

It wasn’t perfect like it is written on books but lying down on the fluffy blanket staring at Jinki face lighted by the moonlight while he ed into her, his eyes watching her with desire, his lips searching hers and her skin, she knew that the feelings that sometimes came descripted on those books were real.

Love truly existed and in that moment she knew she was loved and that her heart could explode with everything he was making her feel.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

Daisy hand moved on Jinki chest slowly as if she was using her hands to study the texture of his skin.

“This was the best prize I would ever wish for.” He said with a husky voice still in cloud nine after the he had.

Daisy raised her head ignoring the pain between her legs, her cheeks still red, her body still trembling because of the pain and pleasure he gave her. She would never ever forget that night; Daisy never felt anything so overpowering like what she felt a few minutes ago and it was all thanks to him.

“What if we lost?”

“It would still be the same. You are the best thing that happened to me.” He said staring at the ceiling, the beautiful one he never would have noticed if it wasn’t for Daisy. With her by his side anything would look perfect on his eyes.

“No. You are! You taught me so many things I’ve never thought I would learn.”

“?” he giggled and to his surprise Daisy didn’t hit him; instead she kissed his chest, her fingers softly caressing him. It was all so tenderly and loving that he hugged her against him kissing her head.

She didn’t have to say anything else, he knew what she meant and he was glad he was the one who got to “teach” her, even though he was the one gaining more by being by her side.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

Daisy stopped in front of the school ranking board her eyes moving to the number one spot.

Her name was there as number one followed by Lee Jinki that was second. She smiled seeing his name not because she is first but because his name is like a beautiful melody to her. Daisy doesn’t care about grades and being first place anymore. She only wants to enjoy her last days of college before graduation with Sang Hee, Jonghyun and more importantly Jinki.

She is first in Jinki heart and there isn’t anything else more important than that.

An arm sneaked around her waist and she recognized his scent immediately. She would never forget it, not after making love with him, after being his.

She smiled when he kissed her neck, back hugging her. “Here you are…are you ok?”

Daisy turned around and hugged him back, not caring if anyone was looking. He is her safe heaven, she is safe.

“Never been better!”

His eyes moved to the ranking board. “DAMN YOU BEAT ME!” he said chuckling. “I need to study more!”

She grabbed his hand wondering if Jonghyun and Sang Hee were at the bleachers already waiting for them to have lunch all together.

Jinki is free now and his smile is brighter than ever. The day after they made love he gave the money back to the debt collectors and ever since things were pretty quiet and peaceful. Since he doesn’t have to work anymore, Jinki and Daisy are using their free time to date, study and make out. Life couldn’t be better…

“Let’s go!” He announced still pouting cutely and she grabbed his arm leaning her head against him, letting him guide her through the corridors.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

With the exams and the preparation for the last semester, Jinki dreams were put on hold and his only wish was to graduate. What would come after it would only be an extra.

That was until the day Sang Hee showed up late for their double date with them and Jonghyun, with a small card in her hand.

Jonghyun frowned, his eyes traveling on her body, shining a little more when he noticed the black mini skirt she was wearing.

“Why are you late?” He asked pretending to be upset and failing.

They had bought the movie tickets already and soon the movie was going to start. Sang Hee arrived just in time.

She took a deep breath and then rose the card on her hand giving it to Jinki instead of Jonghyun.

Jinki grabbed the card confused, staring at it.

“I was scouted just now by SM Entertainment.” She smiled doing a little dance on her spot and Jonghyun opened his mouth in surprise.

“By what?” Daisy frowned confused. Was that a religious move or something?!

“It’s a company that recruits singers and actors…” Jinki explained.

“They say I’m beautiful. I can be a very good actress or singer if I want!” She paused with her hands on her waist. “I always wanted to be an actress.”

“But why did you give me the card?” Jinki asked rubbing his hair.

“Because if there is a potential star here, it’s you.” Sang Hee grabbed Jonghyun arm kissing his cheek and he nodded agreeing.

“You should try!”

“I…I don’t know…” Jinki eyes moved from the card to Daisy.

“What does he have to do?” She asked looking at Sang Hee ignoring his hesitant expression.

“An audition. I’m going to wait until I graduate but they have singer auditions now. You should go.”

Daisy grabbed Jinki hand “I’m sorry but we will have to miss this date. We have to go now. “

“Wait what?” Jinki exclaimed confused “We bought the movie tickets already!”

Daisy ignored him pulling him to the entrance of the theater.

“I didn’t practice and I’m not ready.”

“You are ready! Just sing what you sang at the contest!” He followed after her quietly.

Daisy believed in him so maybe he should start believing too.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

Daisy bit her inner check in thought, her eyes set on the big poster announcing the auditions just right of the auditorium.

She was nervous. She believed in Jinki and his talent but there was so many people there auditioning, making it very hard to enter the company. Also she knew that if he did indeed enter he would probably be busy with practice and preparations from now on.  That worried her a lot and she tried to scare those thoughts away. His happiness was more important than her fears.

Daisy eyes moved to the door once it opened and Jinki came out from the room, his face was red and his eyes were a little wet making her heart fall. He didn’t make it. However he smiled weakly at her before stepping closer to Daisy.

“It’s ok.” She mumbled grabbing his arm “You will find another company and…”

“I’m in!” he interrupted her. “They said I’m really good. They loved my voice and they got so excited…I’m starting next Monday!” He rubbed his head as if the idea didn’t settle in yet.

Daisy hugged him making him step back with her in his arms.

“I knew it!” she exclaimed against his chest.

“No! You thought I failed!” he chuckled teasing her and she hit his chest.

“That’s because you looked sad.”

“I’m just confused! I’m going to be a singer!”

She looked up at him, his eyes shining back at her.

“You are already a singer!” She said tiptoeing to kiss him on the lips.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

“Last time my prize was at the library…” he said disrupting the silence of the night.

“This time is at the bleachers!” Daisy said lying down on top of Jinki, the stars above them.

College was empty since it was late at night and they were making out on the bleachers.

It was dangerous and wild but Daisy liked it even though she would never admit it.

She sat over his lap now caressing his face and trying to control her hormones.

He kissed her again, slowly, enjoying the moment before moving away “My mom isn’t home right now.”

She knew what he meant. Ever since that night in the library they weren’t together again in a ual way. They made out several times yes, sometimes, just like that moment. To the point of almost no return but Jinki was always the gentleman, knowing exactly when to stop, and stop her before he wasn’t able to stop.

“Do you want to go there?” he asked, his eyes watching hers intensely, trying to read Daisy mind as if he could.

“Yes.” She whispered just enough for him to hear.

“What did you say?” he asked with a crocked smile making her sigh frustrated. He always did that kind of thing when she was embarrassed about something.

“Yes.” She repeated a little louder, her eyes on his chest.

“Yes what? “he asked pretending to be confused and she grabbed his t-shirt upset releasing it.

“Yes I want to go with you.” She grunted and he chuckled.

“So you want to have with me? Tonight? On my bed?” he asked again, brushing his nose against hers.

“Yes.” She swallowed “I want to have with you.”

“Good” he said nodding his head appreciatively and pulled her off from his lap standing up. ”What are you waiting for then?”

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

“You mom will arrive soon.” Daisy supposed turning on Jinki bed and staring at his profile. He was quiet staring at the ceiling, his breathing steadying after they made love.

“Hum…I wonder.” He said looking at her, his body moving so he could turn on his side facing her. “Since I’ll be a trainer now and they want me to debut as quickly as possible…” he bit his lip cutely before continuing “I’ll be less time at college and with you.”

It was as if he was asking if she would forgive him for something he didn’t do yet.

“I know. And I’ll see that as an opportunity to keep my number one spot on the grades list.”

Jinki pulled her to his arms and Daisy smiled against his chest. “I’ll do my best and I won’t ever forget you. I promise!”

She gulped because he knew exactly what she was thinking, what she feared.

Once Jinki entered the life of a singer, once he got famous and got to know different people, other interesting women, she was afraid she would completely forget about her and what they lived together.

He kissed her forehead and she nodded her head. “I’ll do my best too!”

“I know!” He grinned before kissing her lips again, climbing on top of her once again, his desire grabbing the wheels of his body until hey heard the front door opening.

“!” Jinki mumbled jumping from the bed and throwing Daisy clothes at her.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

It’s the 16th day without seeing Jinki. Daisy is not counting because Jonghyun does that for her. Sometimes she wonders if he doesn’t miss Jinki as much as she does.

He is just like her sulking at the bleachers, his eyes moving to the entrance of the campus expecting to see the bubbly Jinki appear with tired and yet excited eyes talking about how his days are filled with singing, playing the piano, recording songs..

It’s almost time for his debut, like he told her two days ago on the phone so he is super busy.

She almost told him how much she missed him, asking him to find a little time on his schedule to see her but then he started speaking about his debut song and how he met this producer that promised to help him with his music on the future. With all that, she lost her moment and her courage to act like a needy girlfriend. Instead she talked about her grades, Sang Hee and Jonghyun that were more and more in love and about how she bought the poetry book he read to her at the book store.

“I love you too!” was his answer, making her smile. She didn’t even need to say it, even though he earned for those words, because he knew. He could hear it hidden in every word she told him.

The day of his debut arrived like a hurricane catching Daisy by surprise since he didn’t told her.

She arrived in class and was greeted with her classmates watching Jinki music video on their phones and asking her about it.

Daisy ignored them pretending that she watched it already and sat on her usual chair, the one behind her now always empty.

She sulked on her seat pretending to listen to the lecture when in reality she was thinking about the mv that apparently everyone watched besides her, about how she missed him annoying her, about how upset she was with him for not warning her about the release of the mv.

Once class ended she ran to the bathroom hiding in one of the stalls and placing her headphones so she could watch and hear it.

It was exactly as she imagined, no better than it. He looked perfectly wearing a simple pair of blue jeans and a green shirt. The images of him singing “In my life”, his debut song were alternating with the scenes of a couple in love, growing older together. It was really lovely and romantic. Daisy smiled because she heard that song before, one time when he called her and randomly started singing a song. That was the song; he was giving her a teaser without her knowing.

She felt better after finding out that at least she heard the song before everyone and she walked outside the bathroom ready to meet Sang Hee so they could study together.

She stopped at the entrance of the main building waiting for her friend just when a group of students approached her.

“Is Jinki coming back for graduation?” one of them asked without even giving a proper greeting.

“I don’t know.” Daisy answered caught by surprise with the question.

“He is coming to the graduating ceremony right? I mean he did the exams so…”

“What?” Daisy tilted her head confused. As far as she knew Jinki missed the last exams. She knew, she tried to ignore his empty chair while she did hers.

“Seriously? You don’t know?” a girl said grabbing a magazine and showing it to Daisy.

Several pictures of Jinki were on it and apparently, according to it Jinki had a special permission and did his exams at the company.

“She knows nothing. Bet they aren’t dating anymore!” The bimbo that tried to seduce Jinki before said with a mean smile before walking away, the others following after her.

“THEY ARE!” Sang Hee screamed suddenly showing up by Daisy side, followed by Jonghyun, both panting as if they run there to try and save Daisy and arrived too late.

Daisy stood in silence watching Sang Hee expressionless.

“How could you let that dusty head talk with you like that?” Sang Hee complained.

“She is right!” Jonghyun added and Daisy tilted her head.

“Maybe they are right.” The words felt like poison in “maybe we aren’t dating anymore.”

She didn’t know about the mv or about the exams. Jinki wasn’t able to tell her, just like he wasn’t able to visit her even once in the last weeks.

“What are you saying?” Jonghyun said crossing his arms “I would kill him!”

Sang Hee pouted upset and shook daisy trying to bring her to her senses but the poison was spreading through her blood now.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

A week passed after Jinki debut and even though Daisy longed for his phone call she didn’t try to call him either, pride and fear preventing her from making the first step.

Sang Hee couldn’t understand Daisy and as soon she knew about Jinki being on an online show they decided to make a streaming session at her place. Jonghyun was there too with a bowl filled with popcorn eating it with a huge smile since he was on a diet. Sang Hee was preparing him to be a star and go in her place to the audition.

Daisy knew Sang Hee wanted to be on the spotlight, but even she knew that she wasn’t a star. However she was good at managing a star and it was a beautiful gesture how she was doing her best pampering Jonghyun and motivating him to do better. Right now she was making him ran every morning and go to the gym saying he would be a great star someday.

She was probably right as always.

Daisy sat by Sang Hee side that had her legs over Jonghyun lap and stared at the television in front of her. Earlier Sang Hee connected her laptop to it and now Daisy could see her boyfriend in a real TV as if he was a famous star already.

Jonghyun munched on the popcorn, the sound making Daisy nervous until the show started. Sang Hee released a squeal when Jinki appeared on tv.

“Damn he looks so hot!” She screamed making Jonghyun upset.

“AS IF!”

Daisy ignored their bickering that turned into a passionate kiss and stared at the screen. Jinki, her Jinki was still there behind that wonderfully dressed man. His hair was styled up in a very fashionable way and he clearly was wearing makeup. He looked like a prince. Besides that, he was the same Jinki she knew, with the same beautiful smile greeting the mc of the show.

They watched the show in silence while Jinki spoke about his first album, how he became a star, the hardship to debut in such a short time. Daisy didn’t even notice how she was holding her breath until they asked him if he was dating someone.

For a split second he looked at the mc expressionless and Daisy heart hurt because he was going to lie and say she didn’t exist however he smiled shyly stealing glances at the camera, at her. He knew she was watching and she felt her eyes get wet.

“I do. She is the most wonderful person. She is probably watching this right now. I know she is really busy studying since she is graduating soon but she is so smart that I know she is able to make a short break to see me.”

“That’s really sweet….Do you have a strong bound?”

“Actually she is the reason I’m here today. So yes, we do, I love her!”

He nodded his head, biting his lower lip like he always did in front of her and Daisy throat released a sob she was holding.

“Are you crying Daisy?” Sang Hee asked making Daisy eyes move from the screen to her friend that appeared blurred in front of her. “OH MY GOD YOU ARE!” Sang Hee moved from Jonghyun lap to the floor hugging Daisy awkwardly. She never saw Daisy cry and she didn’t know what to do. Even Jonghyun was a little taken back. He moved closer to Daisy on the couch and touched her shoulder.

“He loves you! See?” He said patting her shoulder sweetly. ”How couldn’t he?!”

Daisy stared at the screen from over Sang Hee shoulder where they were playing Jinki mv now.

He loved her. He truly loved her. She was so relieved she barely listened to what he said.

Jonghyun chuckled.

“It’s ok we can replay it later!” Sang Hee answered.

Daisy didn’t even realize she was speaking her thoughts out loud.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

After Jinki confession, Daisy was some kind of a star at college. Girls were jealous of her, boys were curious about her and how she managed to steal Jinki heart, but she didn’t care about all that attention because she was sure of his feelings now.

The day of the graduation arrived and after the ceremony Daisy posed with her parents and sister for the usual mandatory pictures before she joined Jonghyun and Sang Hee. Finding them became a hard task in the middle of so many people wearing black and yellow clothes.

She was almost giving up and going back to ask her mother for her cellphone to call Sang Hee when she saw her in the middle of a small crowd talking with someone that was not wearing the graduation attire.

Sang Hee eyes moved from the man to Daisy and she smiled calling her name. Daisy stared at the back of the man realizing before he looked at her that it was Jinki.

He came. He still came to his graduation.

“He is late but he came!” Sang Hee screamed reading Daisy thoughts and she stepped back pushing he others with her trying to give Daisy and Jinki same space.

Jonghyun showed up screaming Jinki name, ready to hug him, and Sang Hee pushed him away in a cute way making Daisy smile.

Jinki stared at her as if he didn’t saw her in years, his eyes taking their time on her black attire and moving to her hat and then back to her face.

“You look so beautiful!” he said touching the graduation hat and looking intensely at her.

“You should be wearing it too.”

“I will once I arrive home. My mom wants me to wear mine so she can take pictures. They gave me a few free days so I can rest. “He informed, his hand moving away from her hat.

She wanted desperately to hug him but he wasn’t moving, still looking at her as if he was seeing her for the first time.

Daisy mumbled something and he looked at her confused. “What?”

“HUG ME!” she said maybe a little too loudly, yet he didn’t seem to mind, a huge smile spreading on his face before he pulled her into his arms.

She hugged him back, her fingers grabbing his clothes so he wouldn’t move away from her so easily.

“I was afraid you didn’t want me to do it in front of your parents.” He whispered against her ears. Oh she forgot all about them. She didn’t care anyway. She was an adult now and they would have to accept that Jinki was her boyfriend. “I want to kiss you so badly.” He complained sadly.

She moved away from him and he looked at her surprised. Was she going to kiss him?! In front of everyone? Even her parents?

His eyes moved to her father just a few steps away watching him and he gulped.

“I’m scared Daisy!” he said looking down at her again.

“I’m not!” With him she would never be scared anymore.

Sang Hee screamed clapping her hands when Daisy took her hat off to have better access, grabbing Jinki face and pulling him down for a kiss.

Jonghyun watched them with a silly expression while Sang Hee took a picture of the moment to remember.

The day Daisy went crazy, all thanks to Jinki.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

Jinki showing up for graduation wasn’t the only surprise.

Two days later, after Jinki asked her father for permission, Daisy went on a small vacation with him.

With his mother help, Jinki managed to rent a small beach house and when Daisy noticed she was in front of a beautiful blue sea with Jinki.

Even though she promised her dad that they would behave, and even though that she knew that behaving for her dad meant sleeping in separate rooms and being a until the day of her wedding; something already impossible but he didn’t need to know, Daisy did the opposite.

They spent the first night talking, playing and making love and she never felt as happier as she felt that night.

She moved lazily on the bed she shared with Jinki before she looked at the open window. The sun wasn’t stronger but it was enough to illuminate the room. The sea breeze made the curtains move and the sound of the ocean made Daisy smile. That felt like a dream; she actually had a dream like that a long time ago when she was starting to fall in love with Jinki.

Like in her dream she placed her bare feet on the floor and wrapped herself with the white sheet from the bed walking outside and climbing down the wood steps to the ground floor.

Sunshine hit her making everything look like it was out from a portrait. She heard his voice immediately, like in her dreams, a soft lullaby caressing her heart.

Like a magnet Daisy walked followed the beautiful lalala the same one from her dream.

She placed her hand on the doorknob of the old transparent front door and opened it, slowly walking outside into the balcony.

Jinki was there siting in a wooden swing chair only wearing his shorts, the beautiful sound coming from his mouth as she already knew, his feet making the chair move as if it was a kids swing.

He noticed her, stopping singing, smiling sweetly at her and Daisy walked closer to him.

“Hi!”

He restarted singing the song and she sat by his side watching him.

“It’s nice right? I wrote it. It’s called Moonlight.” He blushed slightly but enough for her eyes to notice since all her attention was on him like always. He was the most beautiful equation she ever had the pleasure of finding; she wanted to spend all her life solving it. Nothing was more beautiful, mysterious and fascinating to her than his smile, his soft voice, his brave heart, his existence…

Oblivious to her thoughts he moved his fingers on the wooden swing stopping it. “I called it Moonlight because of that night.” he looked at her sideways and she realized what he meant. Their first night together. “You were so beautiful and…it was so perfect. I know I will never forget it but I felt like I should glorify it somehow.” He swallowed watching Daisy and she didn’t say anything making him confused. “Are you upset that I turned that moment into a song?”

She ignored his worries and asked him if she could listen to it instead.

Jinki restarted the lullaby, his eyes moving from the sea back to her, as if he wasn’t sure if he could face her while singing.

Dalalala la laladalalala la lala
Dalalala la laladalalala la lala

It feels like my breath will stop
My face blooms in the moonlight

At some point, the past is separating us but
In my trembling heart, you sway in my heart like a stream of water

Just like that, just like that, I will stand behind you, for always
Just like that, just like that, I will always be a step behind you, for always

Dalalala la laladalalala la lala
Dalalala la laladalalala la lala

It feels like my breath will stop
My face blooms in the moonlight

Just like that, just like that, I will stand behind you, for always
Just like that, just like that, I will always be a step behind you, for always

Dalalala la laladalalala la lala
Dalalala la laladalalala la lala

 

She let him end the song, her eyes closed, his voice mixed with the sound of the sea.

“Did you like it? I know it’s very simple because I’m not good at songwriting but Jonghyun said he would help me and I have some…”

“It’s perfect!” she interrupted him opening her eyes. ”It’s perfect! Thank you!”

He nodded his head wondering why she was so calm about it. He wrote her a song after all.

She stood up from the swing and stretched her hand to him. “Should we go for a walk?”

He looked up and down at her “You can’t walk on the beach only wearing a bed sheet.” He chuckled and Daisy blushed.

“Then….should we get back inside and have breakfast together before going?”

He watched her confused. She seemed desperate for him to grab her hand.

He did eventually and she pulled him to her side. “Never walk behind me. Be always by my side. Ok?”

He held her eyes that were a little wet and smiled “I will. I promise!”

She nodded her head and he kissed her lips quickly. “Better get back inside because you father may have spies controlling us. What would he do to me if he saw you ?!”

“Kill you maybe.” She tilted her head cutely trying to hide her feelings.

“Someday….someday…” she looked back at him biting her lip. “Let’s get married. You and me Daisy.”

“As I said. Always walk by my side.”

Jinki hugged her against him because he knew that was Daisy way of telling him that she would be his wife someday.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

~~ 5 years later~~

 

“That’s a really beautiful story.” The mc said brushing her blonde hair away from her face.

“Yes. When we met it looked like we would be enemies…”

“But you end up marrying and one of your biggest successes,  Moonlight, was written for her right?!” The mc completed for Jinki.  “How long are you married?”

Jinki smiled grateful that they gave him that opportunity to be in one of the most famous shows for celebrities. They always made a lot of personal question to the stars attending it but that also gave them a more human side making them more approachable to the public. Also he had nothing to hide so he didn’t mind talking about his career of 8 years as a singer and his married life.

“For 5 years. My wife is 6 months pregnant now. I’m really excited!”

“Congratulations. I heard it’s a little girl!”

“Yes. I can’t wait to see if she has her mother bad temper.”

The mc chuckled amused with Jinki comment.

“I hope she does!” he added laughing too “That’s one of the reasons I feel in love with her.”

“You seem really happy and thank you for sharing some of it with us, viewers and your fans.”

“Thank you for inviting me over.”

“Do you want to leave a message to your wife before the show ends?”

Jinki nodded his eyes settling in the camera. He knew Daisy was watching, sitting on their couch smiling proudly at the screen with her big tummy, Sang Hee by her side holding their nephew that was a perfect copy of Jonghyun who was now a rock star like Sang Hee predicted.

He took a deep breath wondering what to say that she didn’t know already and he simply said whatever came to his head and was feeling at the moment.

“Thank you. I’m a really lucky guy. Daisy are you watching? Of course you are! You are my number one fan. You always believed in me even before I did. This is all thanks to you and your stubbornness wanting to beat my grades. I really lost to you in every sense didn’t I?” He chuckled “I used to tutor you but in the end you were the one teaching me. Every day, with you, is a day I learn about life, about happiness, about following my dreams, about love…Lets learn more things together, walking side by side ok?”

 

THE END

So thats it...

Thank you to everyone who upvoted , subscribed and commented on this story and made it possible.

During this story I thought about giving up several times but I still kept writing it because people insisted, because it was a special story for someone that is very dear to me. She doesnt follow this story anymore but I hope someday she will read it and even though I probably didnt write it like she wanted me to, I hope it makes her smile and dream like Daisy dreamed her beach morning with Jinki singing her a lullaby. Someday that dream will also come through for you when you find your own Jinki. ♥ 

What I like about writing stories is that on contrary of real life I can give the characters a happy ending. 

Daisy and Jinki had a little girl and they will be happy forever in this story and in my memory.

(and yes she has Daisy temper too. Jinki doesnt mind! ^^)

Sang Hee and Jonghyun too....with some bickering involved! u.u

Thank you once again if you are still reading this.

Upvote if you liked the story.

See you in another story.

Goodbye ~